• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is Exploiting Rampant?

98 posts in this topic

Posted

According to a new article on MMORPG.COM it seems BDO has gained quite a reputation for exploits:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/944/feature/10885

Not to say exploits don't exist in other games, but how does the community feel about how DAUM is handling exploiters? Are you satisfied with their solution? Is it working? Should more be done to prevent and punish exploiters? What do you think should be done?

Thanks,

Posted

First thing that should be done is improving communication and restoring trust.

What I mean is we don't know how long hackers are banned for and if they get to keep their loot. Daum is silent and we do not know if player's accounts in regard to this are true or made up.

Posted (edited)

overwatch just now was hit by hackers first time, i am much more interested to see if blizzard will really LIFE BAN all wall hackers found:D

Edited by Jiav

Posted

When the server has next to no additional security aside from a few pointless POS checks, yeah your going to invite the unwanted.

They force the community to clean up there own damned game; they wont for whatever reason Appoint Community GM's. hell for 500 pearls a day I'd be more than willing to crush hacker scum whenever they decide to crawl out from yesterdays pizza box.

they don't care, money is money.

2 people like this

Posted

Are there people hacking and using exploits? Yes.

Are there as many people doing this as the forums claim? No.

Are Daum doing something about this despite the whiners and QQers saying otherwise? Yes.

It's a new game, all new games have botters and hackers. 

4 people like this

Posted

overwatch just now was hit by hackers first time, i am much more interested to see if blizzard will really LIFE BAN all wall hackers found:D

Why would anyone wall hack, you literally get a free team wall hack if you're widowmaker. You give everyone on your team wallhack. 

Posted

According to a new article on MMORPG.COM it seems BDO has gained quite a reputation for exploits:

Not to say exploits don't exist in other games, but how does the community feel about how DAUM is handling exploiters? Are you satisfied with their solution? Is it working? Should more be done to prevent and punish exploiters? What do you think should be done?

Thanks,

Every game has exploits/exploiters until we get quantum computing. Even that would get exploiters.

Posted

Why would anyone wall hack, you literally get a free team wall hack if you're widowmaker. You give everyone on your team wallhack. 

dont ask me, ask the wallhackers;P

Posted

Blizzard has a zero tolerance....they don't temp ban, when they ban its for good. they also have the luxury have having more than one game tied to an account, makes hacking to risky.

Posted (edited)

Are Daum doing something about this despite the whiners and QQers saying otherwise? Yes.

I agree, there are more hackers/exploiters then there are forummembers.

100%

Edited by Draggie
3 people like this

Posted

Blizzard has a zero tolerance....they don't temp ban, when they ban its for good. they also have the luxury have having more than one game tied to an account, makes hacking to risky.

I've been temp banned on multiple occasions. 

Posted

thats what they said about overwatch, that is why i am interested to see if they really do it. They do not life ban diablo, sc2 and wow hackers/botters in first offense.

Posted

Please, i see a new face hacking every day i play on the EU servers. Why wouldn't you; a little slap on the wrist and back into the game they release you.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks,

More forum trolls than anything.

Posted

they changed there policy about a year ago.

Posted

a little slap on the wrist and back into the game they release you.

Except they don't do that, the CM's even stated that anyone caught hacking/botting is banned. Even the CM who said that they're not super keen on banning first time offenders made a post afterwards explained how his psot was taken out of context.

Posted

Please, i see a new face hacking every day i play on the EU servers. Why wouldn't you; a little slap on the wrist and back into the game they release you.

well to be fair i have only seen two scripters on alustin so far (but our server is low pop) however i have seen many botters.

Posted

Except they don't do that, the CM's even stated that anyone caught hacking/botting is banned. Even the CM who said that they're not super keen on banning first time offenders made a post afterwards explained how his psot was taken out of context.

what they didn't state is for how long, or if its even a perma ban or not. Ive been banned for 3 days in one game, and 99 years for another.

Posted

Yes because it's so easy to do.........

/thread

Now let Plunge argue some more with anyone who doesn't state BDO is the best game they've ever played and absolutely nothing is wrong with it.

For what exactly?

Posted

what they didn't state is for how long, or if its even a perma ban or not.

Yeh, but most games don't publicly state how long they ban someone for or whether they've banned people or not...

Posted

So they wrote an article based on the forums. LOL 

I'd be surprised if they scrolled through for more than 10 minutes before they developed a tumor. The forums are like 2% of the population and is mostly people crying because they are bad. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So they wrote an article based on the forums. LOL 

I'd be surprised if they scrolled through for more than 10 minutes before they developed a tumor. The forums are like 2% of the population and is mostly people crying because they are bad. 

Or it could be you are retarded and have no idea why some people like me are saying the things we do about BDO.

Bypassing cool downs? easy to do. There is a reason this game is getting said reputation mentioned in the article..... it's not voodoo magic out to destroy BDO. It's their lazy ass game design which is causing this.

Edited by Jack Sparrow
1 person likes this

Posted

Yeh, but most games don't publicly state how long they ban someone for or whether they've banned people or not...

yeh, then your argument is mute isn't it? you cannot say with any certainty that hackers do not come back.

Posted

Yes because it's so easy to do.........

/thread

Now let Plunge argue some more with anyone who doesn't state BDO is the best game they've ever played and absolutely nothing is wrong with it.

For what exactly?

Exploiting to get rare world drop mounts in WoW, and cleverly using game mechanics to do a lot of DPS in raids, also in WoW.

Played WoW for ages though, would never risk my main account on silly things like that, had 2-3 backup accounts to screw around with. 

Posted

I'm a fairly active player and haven't personally seen any exploits being used in game. I've only seen the videos people have uploaded and hear some talk in game so it's hard for me to say it's rampant. Does it happen? Yes. But in every MMO I've played it happens. 

I will say that for this type of game, the exploiting affects us more because people who are using them are getting more money/drops and PvP actually can cause people to lose experience.