• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is Musa really that bad?

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm reading through this forum and I find often threads about QQ Musa, how is he weak, ranger better etc... I don't have really high experience with Musa only lvl 50+ but I can one shot catfishes with Rising Storm (a lot of them at one shot literally) I have some difficulties with shadow knights I need to combo them and run around dodging most of their attacks because their hit takes my 1/3 total hp, maybe because i have only 105 DP for now (on ranger I have 95 DP and nearly don't use HP potions at all), but skeletons don't do much to me (because they are so slow) but i need to hit them couple times, sometimes with dragon bite combo ended with rising storm.... I don't have to use any MP potions, only HP potions occasionally used in catfish and skeletons and mostly used on shadow knights

I recently leveled up ranger to lvl 50+ and she have the power, especially with shotgun which is great for hard mobs like cyclops / ogres / bosses etc but daaaamn, that mana cistern i have to take with me for every farming discourages me to continue with ranger, even when she hits like a truck... but hey Musa hits like a truck too... or Am I something missing ? 

Ranger with EES is nearly immortal mobs can't hit her, Musa on the other hand is very squishy mobs can hit you easly in meele and ranged, problem comes out when you pull like 20 mobs to use rising storm and you can't see when they hit you, issue is growing when there are ranged mobs like SK wizards. 

So concluding, I like resourceless gameplay with Musa but I feel that there is something missing, something not right compared to other classes. How do You feel about investing in Musa? is it worth or just wait for Kunoichi/ninja that will be Musa 2.0 ?

Edited by Wilendar

Posted (edited)

I seen some videos of musas killing warriors with awakening under like 3 secs, i think we will be just fine xD

ps. new dash will be so op and its ultra fast 

Edited by Vic Brimsaw

Posted

Musa is a decent class imo.  I'm level 56 140 ap rn with the white ap bow and I can easily manage in 1vs1 and group pvp.  I can't imagine the damage increase I would have with bheg gloves. Our rage is extremely op and one shots anyone under 2.5k hp with our crit buff. Most people that are QQing about blader probably have 2 digit ap and are under 55 which means they are below the average playerbase or just don't know how to play the class. It's obvious youre not gonna beat a dp Warrior/valk or giant in a 1vs1...yet

Posted (edited)

Musa is a decent class imo.  I'm level 56 140 ap rn with the white ap bow and I can easily manage in 1vs1 and group pvp.  I can't imagine the damage increase I would have with bheg gloves. Our rage is extremely op and one shots anyone under 2.5k hp with our crit buff. Most people that are QQing about blader probably have 2 digit ap and are under 55 which means they are below the average playerbase or just don't know how to play the class. It's obvious youre not gonna beat a dp Warrior/valk or giant in a 1vs1...yet

ohhh, can you tell me please what stats I need to farm sausans with musa ? how many ap/dp to not die and kill mobs fast ? 

I can compare ranger to musa right now because i have them on same lvl with nearly same stats ranger +14 wep and musa +15

Musa can one hit kill catfishes with RS, and ranger need to hop around with EES 3-5 times to kill whole group (the smallest ones dies instantly of course) but i don't have +15 yet on ranger, but on the other hand ranger is more durable (avoidable) damages, and have 10 less DP than musa

Edited by Wilendar

Posted

ohhh, can you tell me please what stats I need to farm sausans with musa ? how many ap/dp to not die and kill mobs fast ? 

I can compare ranger to musa right now because i have them on same lvl with nearly same stats ranger +14 wep and musa +15

Musa can one hit kill catfishes with RS, and ranger need to hop around with EES 3-5 times to kill whole group (the smallest ones dies instantly of course) but i don't have +15 yet on ranger, but on the other hand ranger is more durable (avoidable) damages, and have 10 less DP than musa

The most efficient way to level musa is group farming Susans starting at 50. Just have atleast 130 dp and you'll be fine. Rangers  are naturally better grinders and cannot be compared with musa. Even at 56, if I stand still in Susans  for more than 2 seconds while soloing, I lose half my hp. A Ranger with equal gear to my musa would solo farm Susans double or triple my speed.

Posted

I would have -----ed a couple weeks ago, but since the most recent patch I feel were absolutely fine. We have a fighting chance against all of the classes and we have a great roll in GvG that extends past any abilities that other classes might provide. I'm officially converting all my sorc gear into musa gear :) The awakening will only make it better!

Posted

I would mostly agree with You guys that MOST of changes were ok... BUT they fked up our RS... seriously cuting 50% of dmg is pain in the ass. I would not be furious if it would be a PvP nerf(I mean in PvP usage of RS on cooldown make it deal 50% less dmg) but they detoryed our main AOE skill... 

I know that I need to use few skills but when I see any other class farming my rage is going to 100% :D

So I have great hopes for Awakening ... and maybe some adjustments towards RS usage - but all other things are fine 

PS. Just hit 120 AP yesterday(success on enchanting my WH bow) now next target is 130 AP and +15 armor.

Ps2. Guys which Blue WH Bow is better? This one with Back Dmg?

Posted

I would mostly agree with You guys that MOST of changes were ok... BUT they fked up our RS... seriously cuting 50% of dmg is pain in the ass. I would not be furious if it would be a PvP nerf(I mean in PvP usage of RS on cooldown make it deal 50% less dmg) but they detoryed our main AOE skill... 

I know that I need to use few skills but when I see any other class farming my rage is going to 100% :D

So I have great hopes for Awakening ... and maybe some adjustments towards RS usage - but all other things are fine 

PS. Just hit 120 AP yesterday(success on enchanting my WH bow) now next target is 130 AP and +15 armor.

whats a blue wh bow? i thought most ppl use blackhorn and whitehorn bow

Posted

whats a blue wh bow? i thought most ppl use blackhorn and whitehorn bow

I mean WhiteHorn but i want to upgrade it to blue and i dont know which one take

1 person likes this

Posted

I mean WhiteHorn but i want to upgrade it to blue and i dont know which one take

Most of musas skills are air attacks, so take air +1

1 person likes this

Posted

Was it cut that much? I didn't actually notice it to being that bad. Even while I'm solo grinding at pirates right now I just spam RS the majority of the time after using one of our many floats with no issues.

Posted

50% is a total exaggeration, its more like around 15-20%.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've just done some tests comparing ranger at 50 vs musa at 50 grinding catfishes. The measurement was Catfish's Spell powder as it drops from every catfish. I measured time to collect 1000 Spell powder on same clean (no other players) catfish spot, and how many potions they need to stay alive, additionally on ranger I tried to minimize potion spam so I mostly used EES with occasional Shotgun (on elites only shotgun)

Ranger 110 AP / 100 DP - 00:28:42.327 - Potions used: 20 HP 50 MP // Total earning: 575k

Musa    108 AP / 110 DP - 00:21:54.503 - Potions used: 12 HP 00 MP // Total earning: 594k

1000 spell powder gives 600k silver (we are not counting additional RNG loot), so as you can see I grinded more silver with musa in shorter time than on ranger. O have mostly used potions on musa when fighting with elites, as i forget how to play with him because of leveling last couple days ranger and get used to ranger playstyle. Ranger need to use potions because she doesn't have any regen ability, so that's why she used more HP than musa. If I was used to Musa playstyle I think that I wouldn't use any HP Potions at all

I hope this helps to people that have lost faith in Musa ;)

Edited by Wilendar

Posted

I've just done some tests comparing ranger at 50 vs musa at 50 grinding catfishes. The measurement was Catfish's Spell powder as it drops from every catfish. I measured time to collect 1000 Spell powder on same clean (no other players) catfish spot, and how many potions they need to stay alive, additionally on ranger I tried to minimize potion spam so I mostly used EES with occasional Shotgun (on elites only shotgun)

Ranger 110 AP / 100 DP - 00:28:42.327 - Potions used: 20 HP 50 MP // Total earning: 575k

Musa    108 AP / 110 DP - 00:21:54.503 - Potions used: 12 HP 00 MP // Total earning: 594k

1000 spell powder gives 600k silver (we are not counting additional RNG loot), so as you can see I grinded more silver with musa in shorter time than on ranger. O have mostly used potions on musa when fighting with elites, as i forget how to play with him because of leveling last couple days ranger and get used to ranger playstyle. Ranger need to use potions because she doesn't have any regen ability, so that's why she used more HP than musa. If I was used to Musa playstyle I think that I wouldn't use any HP Potions at all

If you only used EES and shotgun of course youre clear speed sucks. Use more will of the Wind and you will clear faster.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thx for work BUT this dont prove anything - Go to Sausans or Pirates and show me xp farm there. I can bet they are farming much faster than Musa on same AP.

Spots near Calp are nothing.

Posted (edited)

If you only used EES and shotgun of course youre clear speed sucks. Use more will of the Wind and you will clear faster.

as I mention i tried to minimize Potion cost, WotW uses too much MP  so maybe it will clear a little faster but MP (not to mention weight) cost will not compensate this

Thx for work BUT this dont prove anything - Go to Sausans or Pirates and show me xp farm there. I can bet they are farming much faster than Musa on same AP.

Spots near Calp are nothing.

this was for pure tests only, as leveling 50 - 55 takes as much or even more time than leveling to lvl 50, so it was easier to level both characters to lvl 50 to test them equally than level them to 55. With all +15 items it would take a lot of time

and for pvp musa is doing good too, as you can see in the video from another thread below:

Hi all, I made a 1v1 pvp video with some helpful tips integrated into it, which demonstrate reactive gameplay. It's just a for-fun video that I shot with some guild mates and friends in the mix. Please keep in mind these clips were chosen for entertainment, not perfection! You'll see a mixture of almost all the classes in it. Let me know what you think!

AP vs ACCURACY discussion below!

Edited by Wilendar

Posted

as I mention i tried to minimize Potion cost, WotW uses too much MP  so maybe it will clear a little faster but MP (not to mention weight) cost will not compensate this

In a shit area like catfishs ok, in a good farming spot it will compensate more than enough.

Posted

this was for pure tests only, as leveling 50 - 55 takes as much or even more time than leveling to lvl 50, so it was easier to level both characters to lvl 50 to test them equally than level them to 55. With all +15 items it would take a lot of time

and for pvp musa is doing good too, as you can see in the video from another thread below:

Yeah I am not saying that Musa is Bad ... but they cut down dmg from spaming RS - not good. I know they improved our class on PVP which now is ok. Now I can handle fights on arena or kill somebody in open world... or just RUN :)

Atm I need 55 lvl to get full power and get a chance to not miss hits in people - because right now on 53 lvl when I hit 55/56 people It is like fighting Tanks with machine gun :P

Posted

Blader (a.k.a musa) is a balanced class.

I like it

1 person likes this

Posted

My musa is 141 / 185 atm, and I walk all over people I can manage to get the full CC chain off on. Warriors and Valks take longer, but it's only a matter of time. I hit like a truck.

Probably not sorc levels, but I'm definitely a threat.

Posted

Short answer? Yeah.

You're not going to beat anyone equally geared 1v1 unless they're pretty bad.

Posted (edited)

Short answer? Yeah.

Hmmm Dont think so.

Wizzards/Witches/Rangers and Tamers -- if they dont have 55+ and way better gear are in our reach. 

Atm I dont have problems with fighting people on spots and if I see that I cant kill somebody I just run :D

hhammertime.gif

Edited by Ulferus

Posted

BUT they fked up our RS... seriously cuting 50% of dmg is pain in the ass.

What? 50%? Have you even tested it?
I can barely notice a difference. I would say it is 10% at most.

Short answer? Yeah.

This means you are pretty bad. :)

Posted

Hmmm Dont think so.

Wizzards/Witches/Rangers and Tamers -- if they dont have 55+ and way better gear are in our reach. 

Atm I dont have problems with fighting people on spots and if I see that I cant kill somebody I just run :D

hhammertime.gif

Escaping isn't winning.

Posted

Escaping isn't winning.

It isnt dieing either :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0