• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A game-breaking lack of XP/grind spots

52 posts in this topic

Posted

-1% in pvp is imho the most stupid idea ever. THIS kills most of the pvp because if you are not just dinged level or you are not in good group why the hell would you risk so much RL time.

And this too. Retarded.

Posted

There are just players who are able to adapt to a farmspot like sausans being not available all the time and those who are not able to. 

We were a small guild with 9 members and everything was fine, we got a lot of fun, did guild bosses and even got high lvl players asking us to join the guild. Then some members started doing sausan and just like the Op thought that they are the only way tolvl 55. They got killed many times during that weekend and managed to get a good sausan spot for hours at the end. But for those players it was not simply enough. While doing bad in PvP they decided to join the biggest guild on the server to have a bigbrother to proprotect them. 

If you arehaving the Same problems ans want to have your spot all time, just join the best guild on your server and bear all the consequences from it. 

But if you are a decent player there are way better things to do then justgetting the big brother protecting you...

1 person likes this

Posted

You stand no chance in that, because level >> skills, even if you outnumber them 3:1 

Wrong. Gear>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skill>> Class>Level
Some people will claim class is more important than skill and i can agree to disagre there. But level is by no means the deciding factor unless you are outleveled by 6 levels. In which case what are you even doing at sausans. This has been tested and done to death, please get informed and stop spreading this misinformation .O.o

Our team has no issue grinding at sausans despite being absolute lowbies untill the XP event started BECAUSE we spent all that time on our gear rather than level.

But that was the whole point, you are by definition not able to kill them, thanks to some mechanics in this game, and you never will be, because there is no catch up mechanic other than gradually raised soft caps on max level.

Because people are challenging sausans with shit gear. to contest sausans at peak time you better have 145/180 on a DPS character or 120/200+ on a melee to even think of standing a chance. You need to have good foodbuffs and accuracy elixers to switch on as well. An alchemy stone doesnt hurt either.
A level 52 can contest 55ers and 56ers easily if he has gear. been there, done it on one character, doing it on a second now.

Regarding catch up mechanics, there isnt one for gear yet and that is very true. no other way than grinding out gear or buying them in AH for hefty silver right now. either way the grind for gear is reall. I would have hoped that the night vendor would be released proper since the content we get is so fast and creating a reall gear gap between casuals and others. The night vendor would have helped shorten the gap, but w/e daum doing it is doing.... =/

You have no chance to ever get to a level where you actually are able to engage in PvP with them in a meaningful way. But how is this encouraging PvP then?

You get to level 52 by doing helms and elrics. no PVP there. even 53 if you like the money and drops. Congrats you are now PVP level. now you better have the gear to back you up otherwise i guess the forums are here for misinformed QQs

It does not matter if it is modeled based on the real world. Its a bad design that has the potential to ruin the game. People seem to forget that in capitalism everyone has a chance to become rich, but by the definition of it, not everyone can become rich. However, the real problem is that this game is not modeled after capitalism but turbo capitalism, where the chance of becoming rich is basically 0 and only a tiny top level elite exists. But the major difference between and a game and real life is, that people can simply exit the system when they are not pleased with it. And this is what can kill the game. I doubt the game can exists purely on the revenue generated by a tiny elite.

It sometimes does not make sense to apply real life mechanics, especially when people can opt out of the mechanics (aka the game).

I'm by no means a capitalist fasicist communist system info guru. so i wont know if your comparison is accurate or not. ill consider that it is.

The game has a system regarding the rise to power *viable character progression*. you cant just do what you want and expect to be good at PVP. the system is regulated by players too, not the game.

The system is as follows. You join the game, you work your way to 50 SLOWLY gathering contribution and energy.

Once you are 50 you get your gear to +15 and get base accessories and stay out of MEdiah untill you do.

Once thats done you go grind helms/elrics/manes to get to 52-53 and either use the money to buy your way to pri/duo rings and earrings.

Now go grind Ogres/trents for the BIS belt and ring.

Once you finally have a full pri/duo set with ogre/treebelt. Go grind till 55 at sausans/pirates.

You CAN deviate from the system using guildbosses, getting lucy at scrolls, field bosses. but the RNG is tough there and its certainly not a viable short term opportunity.

But as it stands if you deviate from the system too much you will find yourself at the wrong place unable to defend yourself, THAT is the shortcoming of the game. That there is such a little choice for how you go about progresssing the character and remaining viable in PVP. the NIGHT VENDOR again would do much to give people more options.... whenever he decides to show up.

Posted

Intersting readings :)
I do think this is totally a feature. This adds up to the competitive wish of the game. I dont say it's good, just imho "everything works as planned".
And, cant wait what will happen with node wars, when top clans will fight for those nodes... because they certainly will. It will be a bloodbath.

Posted

as far as spots to grind at 55+ , if you arent bad, pirates will be more xp and more money than sausons, much better mob density the ONLY thing is you are more likely to die if you ----- up. so dont ----- up.

there is also hasrah cave, yes the xp may be lower than sausons but is EXTREMELY less contested with also having an actual rare drop (the ancient weapon core belt)

hell theres even soldiers grave with mesto earrings.

Posted

No there is not....

You have to fight for a spot.

Its called a sandbox expirience :P

I am amazed people expected a sandbox grinder with openworld pvp and then cry about lack of grindspots.

L2 was much much worse where guilds locked down entire grind spots 24/7.

This is why guilds should step up and fight alot, to improve or just to overpower other guilds with more guilds with an alliance / agreements.

Politics are part of BDO, if your guild cant compete now or refuse to do so then settle down for lesser grinding spots like Elric Monestery / Rogues / Manes.

Posted (edited)

OP needs to be on a Game Show... Called " Last Man Standing "

20 contestants are locked into a box for 10 days with just water ( yes you will survive )

On the 11th day....

The boxes open and Three Steak Dinners are placed in the middle of all 20 slowly opening boxes.

Will he fight for his food ? 
or will he stand up and complain there is only 3 steaks ?

Let the games begin.

Edited by Visnja
2 people like this

Posted

You have to fight for a spot.

Its called a sandbox expirience :P

It is called BDO. Nothing to do with sandbox. 

Posted

Ive leveld 2 character to 55 , never joined a guild, only ever played solo except the odd time with my brother on the 2nd character.

There are TONS of spots to level/grind, NO you dont have to goto Helms, and Sausans just because you see them spammed in general chat, ----- try exploring and go somewhere else, theres COUNTLESS spawns of mobs/exp/loot to be had. 

We went from 51-55 on our alts during the exp event in 2 days in one spot and didnt see a single other soul. 

Posted (edited)

Sausans, Helms, Elrics, Pirates...
If you really can't find a grind spot, go kill some Ogres and try to get an Ogre Ring.
Go kill some Skeletons for a Witch's Earring. Serendia Shrine. Abandoned Monastery.
Why do people b---- from their tunnel view?

Edited by Star Carver

Posted (edited)

I believe the game is designed with few grind spots on purpose. The reason is to promote PvP. The less popular areas are still decent places to grind if you really can't hack it at the popular spots.

And what pvp?  Food for thought: Well-equipped grind group vs fresh 50er... not really satisfying, considering the power curve.

If i allready have my DUO acessoires and be 56, how can a fresh 50er with not even +15 on all items compete with me in PvP? How will the fabled Siege warfare remedy this?

Edited by Khel

Posted

And what pvp? well-equipped grind group vs fresh 50er... not really satisfying, considering the power curve. If i allready have my DUO acessoires and be 56, how can a fresh 50er with not even +15 on all items compete with me in PvP?

Those spots were made under the A LOT harsher Karma penalties in KR.  

What makes you think he should be able to compete? if he is weak then he don't deserve the spot simple as that, some are motivated by that to get better in game so they have access to these spots in the future and some will come here to ----- on forums and tell the stories how awesome gw2 was.

1 person likes this

Posted

And what pvp?  Food for thought: Well-equipped grind group vs fresh 50er... not really satisfying, considering the power curve.

If i allready have my DUO acessoires and be 56, how can a fresh 50er with not even +15 on all items compete with me in PvP? How will the fabled Siege warfare remedy this?

You are supposed to say "OMG I have to quit my job and dump my family and play this game 48/7 so I can compete and then get a mortgage on my house and buy all the convenience I can get in a cash shop".

Or you can just show Daum/PA a middle finger and go play something else.

Posted

kek he is crying because he can't get susan spot wtf is going on with you ppl?

I was farming manes form 55-56 and you know.... if you are too weak to do some fight for spots in pvp game that means you are lazy bastard and this game is not for you.

Posted (edited)

Lol I just read all of this after today's patch notes. If you're positive Karma now and can't compete you and your group can just go there and die to pvp as long as it takes to ruin the other peoples karma and possibly get the spot. Force them to max negative Karma lol. Guild War? Don't need a guild to feed kills and get what's yours because there is no need to fight over a spot anymore. 

Maybe I'm just patch note salty :< Like I said in another post, this game cares little for pvp and you get nothing for it. Even though it's fun.

Edited by Hye

Posted

Solution to this is instanced SOLO dungeon. But then all PKer dicks would cry forever where my fodder is gone?!

Posted

I believe the game is designed with few grind spots on purpose. The reason is to promote PvP. The less popular areas are still decent places to grind if you really can't hack it at the popular spots.

That's all speculations tho. In the KR version they have something like 30+ channels to pick from per server, so no one needs to fight for normal grind spots. They have all the maps, so even more space. Life skilling and fishing is more profitable. There's also a much harsher PK penalty and an actual cost to keep wars running. So they're discouraging open world PvP, from our point of view.

If there's some idea to restrict available grind spots, to create a constant survival of the fittest scenario with endless PvP, competition and slowed down player progression for the weak, it's not "the game". It's a decision made by our Western publishers Daum EU/NA. But they never really talk about these things, about their vision of the game v.s other versions or it's future, so who knows?

Posted

You stand no chance in that, because level >> skills, even if you outnumber them 3:1  you stand no chance. Hence, top level guild players by default will have no meaningful competition. This is not encouraging PvP at all. You must be very masochistic if you go there to be killed again and again and again (they will PK you, so you are also guaranteed you never succeed in your progress).

But that was the whole point, you are by definition not able to kill them, thanks to some mechanics in this game, and you never will be, because there is no catch up mechanic other than gradually raised soft caps on max level. You have no chance to ever get to a level where you actually are able to engage in PvP with them in a meaningful way. But how is this encouraging PvP then?

It does not matter if it is modeled based on the real world. Its a bad design that has the potential to ruin the game. People seem to forget that in capitalism everyone has a chance to become rich, but by the definition of it, not everyone can become rich. However, the real problem is that this game is not modeled after capitalism but turbo capitalism, where the chance of becoming rich is basically 0 and only a tiny top level elite exists. But the major difference between and a game and real life is, that people can simply exit the system when they are not pleased with it. And this is what can kill the game. I doubt the game can exists purely on the revenue generated by a tiny elite.

It sometimes does not make sense to apply real life mechanics, especially when people can opt out of the mechanics (aka the game).

Sh!tsweak!

Posted (edited)

What makes you think he should be able to compete? if he is weak then he don't deserve the spot simple as that, some are motivated by that to get better in game so they have access to these spots in the future and some will come here to ----- on forums and tell the stories how awesome gw2 was.

Fairness?  Competitive scene means people on the same level competing with each other, personal skill, not gearscore deciding a fight.. Wich is, why the mentioned GW2 or Overwatch are far better pvp games, in that they offer the same gear for everyone.

You say: "the dont EARN the spot".. look back at the newbie you just oneshotted, and check your comment for elitism... How CAN he compete, if you are the top dog actively hindering him? Denying him "the strength". God you make me sick.

I guess, you do you rather prefer to faceroll victims in "pvp" rather than healthy comperition, that make you proud to have bested them? 

If Node Wars are a feature only top 3 guilds on the server CAN play, cause everyone else cannot compete with nolifers.. how long so you think , till they switch off the first servers?

Edited by Khel

Posted

Fairness?  Competitive dcene means people on the same level competing with each other, personal skill, not gearscore deciding a fight.. Wich is, why the mentioned GW2 or Overwatch are far better pvp games, in that they offer the same gear for everyone.

You say: "the dont EARN the spot".. look back at the newbie you just oneshotted, and check your comment for elitism... How CAN he compete, if you are the top dog actively hindering him? Denying him "the strength". God you make me sick.

I guess, you do you rather prefer to faceroll victims in "pvp" rather than healthy comperition, that make you proud to have bested them? 

If Node Wars are a feature only top 3 guilds on the server CAN play, cause everyone else cannot compete with nolifers.. how long so you think , till they switch off the first servers?

How can he compete? Easy change instance find another spot, farm something else just like we all did at some point. There is million ways to improve your character but if some people think they are entitled to my grinding spot simply because their gs is lower i have no second thoughts about killing those little shits. 

Owpvp was never meant to be fair in any game, and it never was even if your gs is same as your opponents he can have friends, he can be sorc while you are maehwa there is no rules and i'm perfectly fine with that even tho i die too.

As for healthy competition i do enjoy it on arenas,  and i'm also looking forward to sieges and node wars even if there will be 3 guilds per server to compete with, i'm sure rest will catch up with gear eventually.

Posted

OP is just a Social Justice Warrior wanting his safe space and whining about people who are better equipped to handle the opportunities before them. Instead of using problem solving to find a solution, he stands there and cries like a child reprimanded in the middle of Wal Mart.

• Too many people at Sausans ?

How to Problem Solve 101: Kill them or bring a friend or two or your group to kill them

• You can't kill them ?

Sounds like you need to find a new spot or a spot at Sausens with slightly lesser content until you can put big boy pants on. Work your way up the ladder with a little hard work.

• It's the BESTEST SPOT for money and XP

But you obviously cant hang with the people who can afford to camp the camp. This is called pecking order, or a food chain, and your not at the top. This is not DePaul or UCLA where you can cry with a sign protesting how your not treated equally. This is how the real world works. A little hard work and determination go a long way.

You have some good points. What are your suggestions on how someone can become more competitive if they are not ready for Sausans? I think OP is suggesting that more viable grind spots would encourage people at the bottom of the food chain to move up in order to become more competitive. PvP is generally more satisfying when there is not such a drastic pecking order and people are on more equal footing. 

Posted

How can he compete? Easy change instance find another spot, farm something else just like we all did at some point. There is million ways to improve your character but if some people think they are entitled to my grinding spot simply because their gs is lower i have no second thoughts about killing those little shits. 

Entitled much?

Posted

Most say a lot of people have quit the game and yet here we are fighting over grind spots complaining "There arent enough" - seriously girls make up your mind

Posted

You know that you are faking ment to compete over the freaking best resource in the game right?

You want -----ign everything handed to you? Best gear, best epx place, everything without competiting?

You have some good points. What are your suggestions on how someone can become more competitive if they are not ready for Sausans? I think OP is suggesting that more viable grind spots would encourage people at the bottom of the food chain to move up in order to become more competitive. PvP is generally more satisfying when there is not such a drastic pecking order and people are on more equal footing. 

There are more viable grinding spots: erlics, helms, iron mine, manes...

Retarded losers are not able to do it, because they follow the guides from google.

Posted

Entitled much?

From the sounds of your reply you're the entitled person. You complain that you're unable to compete yet to spend no time to actively gear to be able to compete. Buying a video game never entitled you to anything besides access to it. If you wanted to get to the end boss of a game you'd have to work for it. If you want to get to the best grinding spot, you need to work for it. Don't expect anything to be hand gifted to you.