• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - June 1st

1,951 posts in this topic

Posted

87XSXJg.png

• Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP.

This is the first time I am REALLY SALTY because of patch notes. You F*****d up guys. Hope you'll change it soon.
Everything else... I love it. Really it would be a great patch if not for that single bullet point. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP.

Everybody swarm sausans now, on all channels the time has come to overthrow the nolifers and take their place.

and line up to kill mobs 1 by 1 peacefully because Saussans will suddenly become a horrible spot to grind in with all the mob stealing.

Except 5 ranger\wizard only groups from now on.

The classes who can steal the most mobs the fastest win now.

Edited by Mish

Posted

lets listen to the care bears guys and kill the game when its mostly pvper playing .

Posted (edited)

Ah, finally I can grind solo without getting ganked 10 times by 2 5 man groups. Thanks Daum. If I was in a guild right now I would probably rage though.

Still gonna kill people.

Edited by gosu

Posted (edited)

With XP loss people who want to steal your spot get discouraged if you kill them 1 or 2 times. with no XP loss, you have a limit to how many times you can kill them until you can't because of Karma.

Its not your spot...and you can still keep the spot anyway you just can't grief them out with xp loss anymore. If you have the numbers, more gear, higher level etc you can still kill more mobs faster than them anyway...
My guess is they want people to be pushed out or places to be contested instead of one guild holding everything over everyone else.

Edited by Bahska

Posted

Some constructiv Feedback on the KARMA SYSTEM!

If you dont like peneltys in PvP and want to remove them, you should maybe think about removing them for everybody, that way both sides dont loose anything and clearly the one who is stronger in long term will get to keep the spot. No Karma system at all = everyone can fight at any point anywhere and dsnt risk his or enemys EXP/crystals. You can not give the griefing ppl a free pass w/o consequenzes while ppl protectiong grind spots and stuff will get punished for every kill with Karma loss.

3Options to calm the shitstorm:

1.Completely remove Karma System and let everyone flag at any time w/o any penalty.

2.Revert changes

3.Lower the Karma loos from killing by AT LEAST 95%! no more then 6k karma per kill.

Else u will just support griefing.

+1 --- quote doesnt work...

yea! now i can quote u :D 

Topic:

SOOOO +1

1 person likes this

Posted

woot luv this update...    appeal to my casual soul..  good good.

Posted

All these guys complaining about "idiot griefer", "pk griefer"  act like they get flagged on every second of the game.....

Posted

Being able to defend a grind spot is (was) a fundamental part, of what made this game stand out amongst the majority of generic MMOs out there. The one thing that made you play in a group, rather than running around solo grinding.

No XP loss is a fundamental game changer which will change this game for the worse.

Posted

reason for this change is idiots pking people just for fun or (on the other side) people who completely exaggerate and make up stories about being pked 24/7 for no reason. i play 3 chars , 2 at lvl 55 and 1 at lvl 52, i was NEVER pked outside of guild wars while afk or for no reason (people stealing or defending spots counts as reason of course and will be only worse now). -_-

Posted (edited)

P2W items in cash shop (although not game breaking it is slowly moving into that bad area sigh )

still xp loss and crystal loss on Fieldbosses(and wtf do we even still have these, instead of the combined scroll setup instead -.- )

nice change on the pvp no xp loss unless red.

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

Good luck in "baiting me to attack first". You think everyone is an idiot?

You don't have much of a choice. If you don't kill him he'll greatly impact the EXP gain you get by landing killing blows on your mobs, that's griefing. If you kill him then he's still griefing you. You'll get griefed no matter what you do.

Posted

Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP

mmm should be clarified if this applies to every part involved in pvp or just who flags. Can you be more specific @CM_Jouska ?

I've already seen something like this on another owPVP, where you had penalty applied just if you had bad karma and you were the one actively flagging, used to work good there (and was more heavily populated than BDO) so overall can be a good solution, but in there drops belonged to the 1st hitter, exp was shared equally.

Posted

With XP loss people who want to steal your spot get discouraged if you kill them 1 or 2 times. with no XP loss, you have a limit to how many times you can kill them until you can't because of Karma.

actually this protects people that are being good and not trying to steal spots.

example, you have a group of 5 people at a grind spot.

party B shows up and wants your spot, and flags on you. you kill them or they kill you, but they lose karma because they were being the dicks in the first place trying to steal your spot.

just don't flag and you will be fine. if they flag first, then they lose karma, eventually go red, and lose xp and gear.

Posted (edited)

Its not your spot...and you can still keep the spot anyway you just can't grief them out anymore. If you have the numbers, more gear, higher level etc you can still kill more mobs faster than them anyway...

Anteing level is difficult on our version. Having your rotation messed up can make this take 2,3 or 4X more time. This is why we fight for spots. Having you lose something when attacking for the spot and lose nothing when defending means fighting for it is no longer possible. Either revert, remove karma system or drop karma lost on kill to 5k.

Edited by propush

Posted

It's funny. Earlier in the game release  pvpers complain about there was no risk in killing people that kept coming back alive so daum made them lose experience in both side. Then, all those pvers complain about for months about they shouldn't lose experience and for their wish and now it's coming back in full circle again. 

I love this silly drama that people can't stop being entitled for. :3 people can't just move on can they. 

False.

Casual people that are not great PVPers wanted this change. Good, hardcore pvpers wanted a chenge where they could build Karma faster which has been implemented right now and I agree with it. Negative Karma is a real pain so these changes will help a lot. 

The only point people complain about is that they won't lose exp in WvW PvP fight. Which kills WvW instantly. The whole purpose of it as well. 

Posted (edited)

I don't usally reply this posts but it feels quite imperative to comment this one:

87XSXJg.png

• Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP

Let's see the impact of this @CM_Jouska

Supose that im farming in sasuans with my party and some random dude comes there and starts anoying by killing the pull rotation before us. Assume that this guy is ranger (quite common theese days). How do we prevent this from happening?

Before this change we simply kill him until he leaves because if he is there from farming and we kill him he loses exp then eventually he will just leave, because he is wasting his time. In order to farm at that spot the guy must improve his gear to get better stats and probably join a guild. That would lead a countless of hours of gameplay enjoing the game in the process. Whats more the pvp thing would eventually lead to a guild warr like countless times has happened in the game already.

But what happens with this patch ? Well he just comes back from the node until we run out of karma probably even tanking the spot. No -----ing sense.

Oh yes someone probably will say that we as a party should have more dps and means to clear the pulls faster than him and thats true but even with that he just has to go a few pulls ahead in the rotation to ----- up our pull rotation. 

Maybe the crystal breaking will prevent him from doing so ? Lets be honest you can farm perfectly without any crystal and the armor reparation cost its a joke. 

So basically if this guy comes to my place and i want to kick him out i have no means on penalizing him. Its just a way for randoms guys fairly less undergeared to come and ----- me up while im farming even knowing that if i things were different i would blow them up. Whats more important there's no point on me to even activate pvp since i gain nothing and I even benefit him. 

And before someone else says git gud at farming... There's no better class at farming than ranger followed by Wizard probably and thats not an opinion, thats a fact. So... should i roll to them in order to play the game ? Whats the point of the rest of the classes ?

It feels like the pvp potential of the game is disappearing. I dont blame grinding i knew i had to when i started playing this. Im Ok with it but dont try to make me believe that i must play like an fool and pretend that i just shut up while big and imporants parts of the game are disapearing in order to make happy a few guys who only play a few hours a day and probably will go to another game when they have the oportunity. This is Europe guys we are not korea we dont like p2w, we like pvp and challenging content. Stop listening to the forum i already said so in one post. Its a horrible method to gather info since the most active people on forums are by definition the least active on the game. 

Anyway thx for the patch and your work, there are some things of this notes that i actually love like the horse things. I also think that you are doing a good job up until now but dont start the wrong path, the exp penalty remove is the first step.

Thx for your time and excuse me for the long reply 

PD: Excuse my bad english u.u

Edited by Flax

Posted

No Xp loss ? Thanks for supporting griefers. Now whenever you try to grind, anyone can grief you until you get tired of this game and leave it. And no need to buy tears anymore. Nice Daum... Nice...

Posted (edited)

87XSXJg.png

• Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP.

blood.thumb.jpg.22e81f3f2277b8a1bd48fbe7

And just for shits and giggles here is a message from all the people you "pushed" out of a grind spot in sausans cuz that shit is over now. you want the spot you going to have to fight a never ending battle for it... or just move since it was not your spot in the first place, and moving would give you faster xp then fighting with another group for an hour. this ones for you...

milkshake.thumb.jpg.c53c26db02ffb36cbb51

Edited by AdeptusLupos

Posted

actually this protects people that are being good and not trying to steal spots.

example, you have a group of 5 people at a grind spot.

party B shows up and wants your spot, and flags on you. you kill them or they kill you, but they lose karma because they were being the dicks in the first place trying to steal your spot.

just don't flag and you will be fine. if they flag first, then they lose karma, eventually go red, and lose xp and gear.

they just come into your grind rotation and start hitting the mobs u farm. what now? go cry in a corner?

1 person likes this

Posted

This change was brought in because of people killing AFK horse levellers. If you didn't kill AFK people this change would probably have not happened you kind of brought it on yourselves GG lol.

Posted

Not dumb at all. It's a good thing. Now all the rude idiot PK'ers that just kill to laugh at people will get the penalty and not cause exp lose on those who are just questing or gathering or something. Maybe now they will stop griefing players.

Also, mob exp is based on who does the most damage, so everyone can grind the same spot and the best players will prevail.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Game is good for you now :) 

Serious now, DAUM is killing their own game. RIP

Posted

you just kill the game daum soon or late you will realise it

Posted

I havent felt the need to post on the forums before but how the ----- do you think.

"removed exp loss for 0+ karma players" is going to fix anything.

Its a healthy part of a games "ecosystem" that we can punish people who are dicks if they decide to run up and grief a grinding spot. 

Now the only punisment would be that player losing a few minutes until said person can just safely farm the area. How is that healthy for the game...

I've been slightly let down by some of the changes regarding so much loot from world bosses all the time and stuff. This however takes the -----ing cake, jesus christ this is dumb.

You are wrong.

When 10 players will come on your grind spot and play like dicks, you will undestand. Nothing to do against that. Kill them? You will lose karma and they will lose nothing. And you will leave the spot.

Safe grind? Its the end of the grind.

Posted

You don't have much of a choice. If you don't kill him he'll greatly impact the EXP gain you get by landing killing blows on your mobs, that's griefing. If you kill him then he's still griefing you. You'll get griefed no matter what you do.

I dont give a damn about "my mobs". I will invite him to a group, change a channel or go do something else. Just as I did before. Not everyone is asocial selfish kiddie in this game. 

You are the one who can be griefed because you have no other option but to hug "your mobs" in game obviously.

3 people like this