• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - June 1st

1,951 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry but why leave? If everyone keep coming back, so you will be 10 on a pack. And you cant kill them again and again... because KARMA.

So, basically, you say this:

If someone come on your spot, leave, until you leave the game.

If someone comes to "your" spot and you are full party you can rotate the killings, that way you will not lose much karma and can even recover it before your turn to kill him again.

How are mobs tagged? Aren't they the one who gives most damage get the loot? And any of you can't outdamage a single person?

Posted

Well at least Daum shot themselves in the foot, now no one will ever need to buy tears anymore from flagged players. 

Good job on that I guess. 

Can you shed some light on the thought process behind the pvp change @CM_Jouska please? Right now I am pretty perplexed.

Here is a scenario -

Leviathan/Bane ect are grinding at pirates/sausan, player Y thinks oh I will take this pack. Player Y proceeds to kill the NPCs, guild X tells player Y to leave. Player Y says 'LOL kill me plz', guild X kills player Y, player Y makes the 10 second run back several times until they are out of karma.. Player Y 'LoL I'm in your grind spot stealing your mobs hahah'.. Guild X cannot declare war because player Y has no guild. 

In essence player Y can grief and harass anyone with 0 repercussions.. This stops pvp not encourages it. Gear is meaningless, because pvp is about who can die and run back the most times, not about fighting.

Losing XP is a risk and risks are exciting, it created fun.. Some of the best times were when I died at level 55 after a good fight, yes I lost some XP but that's the game. It's the thrill of having something to lose, something to defend. It gives pvp meaning.

This post. Everyone should read it, is why Daum's change to pvp is a colossal ---- up. It's made things MORE toxic, not less. It has made holding down a spot impossible when faced with a guildless player, and boy, expect to see a lot of those. 

if you guys cant outkill a single player (in that secnario) you shouldnt be at that spot anyway.

Disrupting a grind circle is surprisingly easy when you are solo depending on the class you play. 

A player only needs to keep coming back over and over until the opposing force must either stop killing the player or go into negative karma. Holding a territory, kind of the point of joining a guild, is now impossible. 

This game is or should I say, was, based around being in a guild, in order to afford the benefits of having locations and channels held down for that guild. Another main benefit of a guild is wars, to avoid the xp loss. Now all another opposing guild has to do, is have a few of its members leave their own guild and harass an enemy guild until it is virtually impossible for them to grind without going negative. 

Daum clearly didn't think this through. They are attempting to appeal to the smaller more vocal demographic. The rest of us dubbed "pkers" aren't as vocal, because we are busy playing the game, and making Daum money. 

Now that the cash flow will come to an abrupt stop, perhaps they will realize their mistake. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You're sitting in a park holding hands or whatever it is you and your buddies do normally, when some lowlife comes up to you and takes a dump in the middle of your little circle of friendliness.

I guess the park isn't technically yours, and the dude taking a shit might not actually seek a beating - but you're telling me the right thing to do is just to walk away? And he can just continue to do that to everyone in the park, without any consequence? The only consequence is that YOU will get punished for telling him to stop/beat his ass.

Please don't try to justify this change. It's stupid, bad and total BS. It will benefit unguilded players even more than the game already does.

Bad example...the player (person) you are describing is simply trying to enjoy "the park" the same way you are and not trying to ruin your day. Only you consider it your own and decide to beat him up instead. Again, not trying to defend people who do it on purpose only to piss you off, but the mobs are there for everyone to kill, the areas are there for everyone to explore etc. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Where are the new quests for the life skills?

Posted

Just wanted to say thank you to whoever made the decision to make this change.  I know there's going to be vocal complaints about it from the players who like to bully others out of grind spots, but at the end of the day Daum is a business and it made zero financial sense to allow players to block/revert others' leveling progress.  I think that's going to be an important step towards keeping the casual playerbase (and I say that as someone who's technically a no-lifer, playing this game as much as I work each week) in NA at least, because I can't see the bully PK'ers being enough to support this game and keep it alive on their own.  I know they won't see it that way, but this decision is clearly with the health and future of the game in mind and for that I'm grateful.

This. You took the time to take a step back and analyze the situation. 

Some people rushing like retards are extremely frustrated :) Because the only way to kill others for them is :

- Higher level

- Better gear

Now they don't benefit from this by kicking out players and shouting at them "SPOT TAKEN LEAVE OR DIE" (because players will not lose exp) they're just extremely mad ^^ And I really, really, really enjoy this situation :) 

By the way to the people who said : "No karma for everyone"  ; It will never, ever happen. Because in next patches you'll have places & quests available only if you're in negative karma! :) 

2 people like this

Posted

Oh hey it's the guy who found his first black stone 2 weeks ago :D

It was a couple of months ago so nerr nerr lol

Posted

You're sitting in a park holding hands or whatever it is you and your buddies do normally, when some lowlife comes up to you and takes a dump in the middle of your little circle of friendliness.

I guess the park isn't technically yours, and the dude taking a shit might not actually seek a beating - but you're telling me the right thing to do is just to walk away? And he can just continue to do that to everyone in the park, without any consequence? The only consequence is that YOU will get punished for telling him to stop/beat his ass.

Please don't try to justify this change. It's stupid, bad and total BS. It will benefit unguilded players even more than the game already does.

if this happened in real life, the people that beat that guys ass would actually be arrested for assult and battery, and he could file a lawsuit against them as well for damages.

if they would have walked away, then he would have been arrested for public indecency..... just saying if you want to equate it to real life these are the facts. you don't have a right to assault somone in real life because they are being an asshole. you do have a right to defend yourself if they attack you though......just like...in the game.....WOAHH!!! was your mind blown, my mind was just blown.

Posted

Where are the new quests for the life skills?

Ask your black spirit, but not in "quests" but "guide".

Posted

I take you never went to sausan or play on a dead server. If we had to declare the war on all guilds that came to ks we'd pass the 6x limit a couple of times at peak times......you can now go back to solo grind helms

True enough, obv didn't think it through the whole way.

Posted

Putting so much effort in a salt post shows that maybe its a good thing for you to take a break and re-evaluate your life choices.

This.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

90% of fights is not defending but attacking someone who was on spot before you... you can kill others without changes.. so whats your problem? you are bully?

Nice percentages coming out from your behind there.

90% of fights is not attacking but defending your spot..

See? I can do it too!

Edited by An4thor

Posted

So basically there is no way you're gonna be able to defend your grinding spot now? What kind of stupidity is this? The player that gets killed suffers no losses, while the killer still loses karma? Are you high? People will just PVE-grief each other, cause you can just die and come back ENDLESSLY, stealing mobs from a player that can be far better than you are, forcing him out because of karma limit. OMG, this is just retarded.

Maybe they were trying to allow other people to play in areas of the game that higher geared players were not allowing? Seems reasonable to me.

Two things Daum:

1. Thank you for the change to PVP exp loss, it is a step in the right direction. To get some of your lost players back, please keep going, let people play without being forced to deal with jack asses.

2. Isn't it sad, when you read the comments to the patch notes and everyone is whining about not being able to kill weaker players to control grind spots, and yelling and swearing, that you guys have essentially fostered this type of game community? This thread is exactly why this reliance on aggressive, assinine PvP is an issue. The reality is, Daum, you have helped create this vicious, hostile community that others stay away from, because with all of the penalties for not giving a crap about PvP, the non-bastards eventually slip away.

For every one else, I know only 6 people that played this game, they have all left because they got tired of the stupid crap people were allowed to do to them due to the stupid rules surrounding PvP (xp loss on pk afk or otherwise, no grinding spots since people kill anyone coming near where they want to grind, not being able to quest in certain areas for the same stupid reason, etc). I know you don't care, but Daum should.

Beyond that, the only crying and whining I see in this post is all of you, whining about carebears, which is ironic...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If someone comes to "your" spot and you are full party you can rotate the killings, that way you will not lose much karma and can even recover it before your turn to kill him again.

How are mobs tagged? Aren't they the one who gives most damage get the loot? And any of you can't outdamage a single person?

No. After 15 minutes, your party has 0 karma. And the guys still be here. You could have 1 or 2 packs with outdamage, but no others. And switch channel is useless: spots will be full too on others channels. Until you leave the game.

Edited by DworkJay

Posted

All of you negative people on the forums! You are the people that ruin games for OTHER PEOPLE. Your loud voice of discontent is what causes other people who haven't played to form misguided opinions on a game. At the end of the day the developers have to be able to make money off of this game and that is the way of the world. They are not slaves that work for free for the gaming community! If you don't like to product produced, then spend your money else where! This game is still only 3 months into it's lifespan. You can argue that it has been out in Korea, but there has been so much evidence to show that they DON'T WANT TO PRODUCE THE SAME GAME that already exists! The developers want this game to last because of the money it will bring in so I personally believe that the choices they make now are for the betterment and longevity of this game. 

Posted

Ok, lets put this another way. Im a level 55 and i want to test my PvE skills and solo grind a spot (say Pirates). Iv been there for one hour gaining 1% ExP. I'm having fun minding my own business and in the way of no one, because when i got here the area was empty. Then your group comes along and thinks, screw this guy we want this spot. You kill me. I loose my 1 hour hard work because you decided you have more right to be there than me? This reason i agree that i shouldn't loose my ExP...

The thing is i also agree with the PvP version too and that means i take more care when out of safe zones... The issue Daum has is that its a half and half situation. If i was in a Guild i could ask my guildies to come help me get "revenge", but then if im playing solo (no time to comit to a guild or any other reason) What am i supposed to do?

I love this game and the Dev team try to accommodate everyone. Thanks to all the dev team.

Because you lost. They won. Better luck next round. Isn't that the thrill? You are somewhere where you "really shouldn't be" but you might get away with it. You have to constantly be on the look-out if there is any danger around you. If you see a group of players, your blood starts pumping and you try to find the best way to get to safety... After this change it's just... Oh, I died, back agian, Oh, I died, back again, Oh, I died, back again, Oh, I died, back again, Oh, I died... etc.

They could however make it so that respawn at Town = no xp loss. Or you get one "no xp-loss respawn" per hour or something. I don't know, but now there is just no consequence at all. Which isn't good.

When you say that you don't have any time to commit to a guild, why would you expect to get the grind at the best spot in the game? The whole concept of the game is built around survival of the fittest and control of areas. When node wars comes out, do you think you are entitled to "own" Heidel and Calpheon just as much as the big guilds? Or do you think that maybe you should just go for some lesser nodes, since you're not in a top guild?

1 person likes this

Posted

Some people rushing like retards are extremely frustrated :) Because the only way to kill others for them is :

- Higher level

- Better gear

This. Anyone that's going to leave over this change isn't really worth keeping in the player base, and I say good riddance to them.

1 person likes this

Posted

All of you negative people on the forums! You are the people that ruin games for OTHER PEOPLE. Your loud voice of discontent is what causes other people who haven't played to form misguided opinions on a game. At the end of the day the developers have to be able to make money off of this game and that is the way of the world. They are not slaves that work for free for the gaming community! If you don't like to product produced, then spend your money else where! This game is still only 3 months into it's lifespan. You can argue that it has been out in Korea, but there has been so much evidence to show that they DON'T WANT TO PRODUCE THE SAME GAME that already exists! The developers want this game to last because of the money it will bring in so I personally believe that the choices they make now are for the betterment and longevity of this game. 

You will see when guys will RUIN YOUR GAME without killing you: They just have to kill your mobs. And what can you do now? Nothing.

Anyway, dont worry, developers have already make money. And they will make money with AFKers (fish or horse).

Posted

lvl 55 and 56 players with 0% xp were already doing this... its really nothing new.. and xp loss before lvl 54 took maybe 10 minutes to get back

.... so really nothing changed

I am happy about the damage reduction on bosses tho, maybe i won't have to log on the ranger every time one of them show up and I wanna try and get gloves or belt

Posted

So the satisfaction of burning your karma on pearl ressers was that they were blowing their money on pearls to not lose the exp while you lost your karma. Now they don't need to spend anything to grief you. So who's the bigger griefer? The person PKing, or the carebear who goes into a blind rage and harrasses the person who pk'd them. Hey Daum, why not just remove flagging all together. You want to do everything you can to discourage it, might as well force everyone into your shitty red battlefield and your non existent node/siege wars. Just remove PVP all together, force the people who spend more hours per day playing your damn game then these casual carebears to leave and just be done with this piece of shit game. @CM_Jouska

2 people like this

Posted

isnt it supposed to be open world pvp game? what is it now?

Posted

ur dumb... its easy most good ppl ohk packs so how out dps them? ...

Posted (edited)

..... Do YOU understand how this system works? How is Daum giving us a free pass to kill people when they leave no incentive for us to defend ourselves from griefers? This is NOT anti-carebear. 

Dude, before, when you had Karma and were red to others, you would lose a lot of XP if you were killed. Now, you won't, how is that bad for people who have Karma?? If anything, it is a deterrent to your so called "griefers".

Edited by Kasathar

Posted

Devs when can we get some more pearl shop armour sets for our characters? I'm holding off leveling my alts so that I can level in style! Come on! Bring on Garvey Regan for Warriors please! I'll give you my whole wallet just please give us some actual cool looking armour sets.

Posted

Well that wont really change would it? Think about it this way, a single high geared player can start stealing your full group of mobs and he won't be scared of you guys flagging him. Anyone with better gear can be ruthless and take whatever shit you want to farm, and trust me certain classes with high gear can single handedly out farm your group and push you out of your spot. 

The problem here is not that people are farming solo at sausan or pirates (thats where you'll end up spending hundreds of hours). Now the thing is with no pvp penalty theres going to be two scenarios if you're farming in a randomly put group: 1. guild group comes and wars your guild or your teammates guild, constantly  kill them and race your mobs; 2. guild group simply race your mobs without pvp, organised groups with high level and high gear can easily steal all your mobs.

The change here is helping people against organised groups yes but not to a degree where they can contest properly with an organised group, simply giving them a chance to actually annoy the fk out of them while both parties are losing time and energy racing the same mobs.

The illusion undergeared people get is "YES now i have a chance against those bullies" while in reality that's not going to be the case. Once people realise that they're going to cry more and Daum will keep changing in their favor to keep their illusion up until they eventually quit. Get geared xD

At least now i will not loose xp and hard gain progress because someone think that he is the the King of the spot

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Awful change, 1% was already very minor penalty compared to what they have on Kr and Ru servers, looks like loud minority have their way if they cry enough on forums.

Very disappointing.

Edited by Nikt