• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - June 1st

1,951 posts in this topic

Posted

87XSXJg.png

• Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP.

Yay !  .. but what about making no crystals break either ...  ALSO  ,  why not while your at it make  when people flag up they  HAVE to go to a SAFE ZONE to un-flag...  its stupid seeing  like a warrior or some one flag on a tamer ,  only to get knocked out of  block and stunned for a long while .. then !  while in the middle of being stunned  un-flag and walk off..  when they started it. Also does this mean ,  if some one flags on you  and you kill them does the one who  flaged on you  loose exp ?  or just no one looses it making every one want to  pvp  in grinding zones ?

Posted

I want to PVP, i want people to know that if they contest my groups grind area they're going to lose hours worth of xp, i dont want them coming back to annoy us. but you know what, there's no penalty anymore.

Not everyone wants to PVP, why should those of us who just want to have fun, be harassed and bullied and driven out of the game by the few people that have better gear and nothing better to do then just kill other people.  If you want to pvp and test your self then there are other ways to do so with like minded individuals.  As someone who has been flagged and killed while I was killing mobs without warning I can say that this change is for the good.   

2 people like this

Posted

great! u will lose 10 P2W pvp players but win over 1000 new player :)

EU is not for hardcore pvp games...thanks ^^

Posted

Kinda ironic that so many PKers are moaning about not being able to defend their favourite PVE spots from PVErs. Meh...

6 people like this

Posted

I am curious as to what made this no xp loss change take place.

Yes sure the stronger guilds/players will have a advantage as they gain acess to the best grind spots or the best loot drops but imo that would only motivate me to become stronger so i can compete with them for the same things.

Not having acess to the best stuff dosnt mean you cant reach the same level as others have besides anyone that is even remotely interested in having the best would gather other players and duke it out and try to claim the right to said things.

This new addition will make a very unfortunate change to this game as it will allow weaker players to slide in and disrupt/steal the grind from stronger players without any real loss.

So i would really like to know where the direction of this game is heading, if this game is on the path to becoming a casual pve game where its pvp aspects will slowly turn into instanced fighting only like battlefield and siege wars then there are mmos with better pve content to go play instead.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

You can launch 6 wars during 1h. So what, you launch 6 wars for ONE spot for 6 differents guys, and after? what do you do? Oh wait, leave channel. Then, leave the game because all channel are taken. Finally, there will be 500 players, like a private server, 50 player by channel :D 5 groups to Sausan, 2 groups to Helms, 3 groups to Pirates. NP, R.I.P. BDO.

What about learning when to use GvG ? What about evaluating when it's the case to fight and when it's the case to back off ? If you're at Sausans and a single char comes by, sure he can slow you down a bit (negligible slowdown), wanna kill him ? You can still do it, if your party gets tricked by a single char, then you need to learn how to be smart.

Edited by Mjollnir

Posted

I want to PVP, i want people to know that if they contest my groups grind area they're going to lose hours worth of xp, i dont want them coming back to annoy us. but you know what, there's no penalty anymore.

Am gonna  sound  like a prick here  but....If you want ppl to not come and  fight you because of the exp loss deterrent then DO YOU REALLY want to pvp? 

it sounds to me  like u just want to pve without being  touched. And are willing to fight others only when you are in a position of  power Ex: (In a group Vs. a solo player) Meanwhile the exp loss does all the  fighting  for  you. 

So i ask again, Do you wanna pvp or do you want  to use a game mechanic and  bully tactics to AVOID pvp 

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

You can launch 6 wars during 1h. So what, you launch 6 wars for ONE spot for 6 differents guys, and after? what do you do? Oh wait, leave channel. Then, leave the game because all channel are taken. Finally, there will be 500 players, like a private server, 50 player by channel :D 5 groups to Sausan, 2 groups to Helms, 3 groups to Pirates. NP, R.I.P. BDO.

Exactly.. And when they are guildless.. You may as well just run away straight away haha!

Its sad when your best option is to run away and you are 5 they are 1 in a pvp game.

Edited by Numb

Posted

LoL, removing the rights to protect your spot from somebody that just comes and start messin around, are you really doing that in open world PvP game? xD nononono... THIS MUST BE A SPELLING ERROR, I DONT BELIEVE IT!

Technically its not your spot-and if you want it that badly you can just kill them over and over and over and overrrrrr.

3 people like this

Posted

What about learning when to use GvG ? What about evaluating when it's the case to fight and when it's the case to back off ? If you're at Sausans and a single char comes by, sure he can slow you down a bit (negligible slowdown), wanna kill him ? You can still do it, if your party gets tricked by a single char, then you need to learn to be smart.

This. So much salt in a single thread.

Posted

No XP loss upon PVP death, just turned everyone in the game into an asshat...  

XP loss upon PVP death was the only thing that made people hesitant just to roll in on your grind spot.... Karma system kept people from PKing to grief.... Things were fine... Big changes to appease the vocal minority. 

You guys can't make this game a PVE game when there's little to no end game PVE content... the only thing that makes end game stuff risky at the moment is the PVP...

you really don't know what PVE actually is do you

i'll give you a hint - it ain't raiding/dungeons - take the blinders off

1 person likes this

Posted

As a normal solo player, i can finally grind in this game. Thank you for the change

21 people like this

Posted

Kinda ironic that so many PKers are moaning about not being able to defend their favourite PVE spots from PVErs. Meh...

exactly

I get a little chuckle every time I read a post from them about this very subject, and even point it out to them but they can't see it

2 people like this

Posted

Daum - you make jokes like this on april 1st, not june 1st.

Still can't believe this shit. Anyways, rant out, gonna go home and quit my guild - no guild is the new black.

Posted

@CM_Tytyes can you confirm us what happens when in good karma, I flag for pvp and die ? Logic says I should still lose exp, despite having good karma because I've flagged, but I can't test it right now.

Posted

To give some explanation and details about this change, here's a quick one from the DEV team. 

"This change happened because, although losing EXP is not such a big thing in the first part of the game, once you've reached a certain threshold it becomes a big deal. Unfortunately if you happen to have enjoyed other games feature and don't mind to be late, players with an higher level than you can decide to kill you in chain preventing you from trying to catch up. Those players cannot become better nor grow into the game. In order to prevent that kind of issue this change has been done so that those players can survive."

I had thought this might be the reasoning; good call.

Posted

Good! Now, if you could give me one pve channel / server, just pve, that would be fantastic, I'd gladly pay for the transfer! :)

4 people like this

Posted

Glad to see red nose is finally been nerfed, and thank you very much when i get afk and i got killed by a random kid I won't lose any exp, you know losing exp at lv 55+ is such a pain ^^

Take your pus... and go to play tetris or something like please...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

for the love of god please hotfix those karma changes or you will lose so many players...

Edited by Reawakened
5 people like this

Posted

To give some explanation and details about this change, here's a quick one from the DEV team. 

"This change happened because, although losing EXP is not such a big thing in the first part of the game, once you've reached a certain threshold it becomes a big deal. Unfortunately if you happen to have enjoyed other games feature and don't mind to be late, players with an higher level than you can decide to kill you in chain preventing you from trying to catch up. Those players cannot become better nor grow into the game. In order to prevent that kind of issue this change has been done so that those players can survive."

What? "Don't mind to be late?" What are you talking about?

Posted

"we wanted to remove all competitive aspects from the game"

Posted

I'll paraphrase: "we wanted to remove all competitive aspects from a competitive pvp game"

Posted

Because you lost. They won. Better luck next round. Isn't that the thrill? You are somewhere where you "really shouldn't be" but you might get away with it. You have to constantly be on the look-out if there is any danger around you. If you see a group of players, your blood starts pumping and you try to find the best way to get to safety... After this change it's just... Oh, I died, back agian, Oh, I died, back again, Oh, I died, back again, Oh, I died, back again, Oh, I died... etc.

They could however make it so that respawn at Town = no xp loss. Or you get one "no xp-loss respawn" per hour or something. I don't know, but now there is just no consequence at all. Which isn't good.

When you say that you don't have any time to commit to a guild, why would you expect to get the grind at the best spot in the game? The whole concept of the game is built around survival of the fittest and control of areas. When node wars comes out, do you think you are entitled to "own" Heidel and Calpheon just as much as the big guilds? Or do you think that maybe you should just go for some lesser nodes, since you're not in a top guild?

Like i said i agree with both ways. All im saying is that regardless of what the dev team do people will find issues. Players need to look at the big picture and think about it from the other point of view. Theres way too many situations where this is both fair and unfair for both PvPers and PvEers, but people that leave the game for a change like this may be better off elsewhere anyway.