• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - June 1st

1,951 posts in this topic

Posted

I had to make an account just for that one single sentence. 0 exp loss? :DDD

Are the developers of this game retarded? Do they not understand that not only will they lose MAJORITY of the main (active) playerbase, but also very big income from tears of stubborn carebears. The pvp system was already lacking, and you castrated the last heartbeat of this game. The Daum team must have an understanding that this surely isnt a PVE game (Atleast that's what I hoped for, but I think this was today proven wrong).

If you want to maintain a playerbase, you must have a game which you improve. If you destroy a big chunk of your income with a single change, no more income. No income -> no game -> no players -> no income. Very danger.

TLDR; Im out, like the rest 30% of the people who actually actively play the game, pay for the costumes and shit, and more importantly enjoy(ed) the game.

Nobodies leaving with you, bye.

1 person likes this

Posted

are you dumb? that literally is in essence competing for a grind spot. you want to grind sausans? no, me and my 4 friends are gonna compete with you for this xp. now when you die you're just gonna turn into a karmabombing griefer.

Killing a mob solo is competing for a grind spot when no one is around? Then when I'm almost finished a group of 5 shows up and instantly kills me for being in the radius of their "grind spot" because I took so much exp away from them. The horror! 

2 people like this

Posted

Nobodies leaving with you, bye.

No bodies, or Nobody's?

Anyhow, I wouldn't be so sure about that. I think a lot of players will leave, or at least drop guilds.

Posted

Awesome patch thanks guys! :D

Posted

The funny thing:

I know roleplayers who are 55/56.

They arent "late".

Posted

To give some explanation and details about this change, here's a quick one from the DEV team. 

"This change happened because, although losing EXP is not such a big thing in the first part of the game, once you've reached a certain threshold it becomes a big deal. Unfortunately if you happen to have enjoyed other games feature and don't mind to be late, players with an higher level than you can decide to kill you in chain preventing you from trying to catch up. Those players cannot become better nor grow into the game. In order to prevent that kind of issue this change has been done so that those players can survive."

And yet you lose EXP on boss deaths? 

How does that make any sense at all? 

Posted

The xp pvp nerf is a double edged sword.

Now pvp'ers cant grief and it be one sided, pushing pve'ers out. (good change..prevents the strong from bullying others and staying strong)

and secondly...

Drama at highly contested camps now increased possibly provoking more wars ( kind of good)

Except PVE'ers get to grief people non stop now. Without any loss for their actions, they can follow around and grief others while they try to farm a spot that they contested for. That's costing the other team exp and money while this kid griefs, and then when they kill this kid, the kid loses nothing but they lose karma. Eventually they have to either A leave the spot themselves to avoid going red and to earn the exp/hour and money they should be earning, so this PVE'er wins the day all because they have no penalty for doing what they are doing, but a PVPer has a penalty for doing what he can to prevent this. 

Posted

No bodies, or Nobody's?

Anyhow, I wouldn't be so sure about that. I think a lot of players will leave, or at least drop guilds.

Let them, The more people in bleeding edge gear 1 shotting people trying to catch up..leave, the better off the game will be.
We need to dump some of this community anyway, highly toxic.

Posted

Killing a mob solo is competing for a grind spot when no one is around? Then when I'm almost finished a group of 5 shows up and instantly kills me for being in the radius of their "grind spot" because I took so much exp away from them. The horror! 

Fear not,if the roles are reversed (group of 5 farming). You can now just approach and KS their mobs with no loss to yourself .

Posted

are you dumb? that literally is in essence competing for a grind spot. you want to grind sausans? no, me and my 4 friends are gonna compete with you for this xp. now when you die you're just gonna turn into a karmabombing griefer.

Competitive would imply roughly equal footing, 5v1 is hardly equal. Would you like a dictionary so you can look up Competitive yourself?

1 person likes this

Posted

People aren't going to quit over a minor cry baby tweak. There's other reasons to quit.

Posted

No xp lost when killed in pvp ? Bullshit. How to you take or defend a grinding spot now ? 

Well... same as before I guess?

Posted (edited)

To give some explanation and details about this change, here's a quick one from the DEV team. 

"This change happened because, although losing EXP is not such a big thing in the first part of the game, once you've reached a certain threshold it becomes a big deal. Unfortunately if you happen to have enjoyed other games feature and don't mind to be late, players with an higher level than you can decide to kill you in chain preventing you from trying to catch up. Those players cannot become better nor grow into the game. In order to prevent that kind of issue this change has been done so that those players can survive."

I can somewhat understand your reasoning but right now it will be impossible to claim any spot and PKing is pointless since you loose karma and the other party looses nothing.

If the killed player doesn't loose exp just make it so the killer doesn't loose karma, fair and square. 

To make it simple just disable your poorly designed karma system and let us fight for spots and bosses without loosing anything.

Edited by Groar

Posted

This change to the PvP system is just unacceptable. You are killing the entire PvP aspect of your game by doing this, why do you guys hate world PvP so much? If you wanted to prevent griefing, which you shouldn't since you advertised this as a sandbox mmo, then at least have it so anyone with a large enough level difference wouldn't decrease the persons exp. I put over 300 bucks into this game and now, I'm not going to spend a single cent more, guess I'll have to move on to another game that doesn't just want carebears playing.

Yes because allowing ppl to mindlessly do what they want in the  game has worked  out perfectly in the  past. Riddle me this, real life is a sandbox experience right? How often do u see people go like. Your in front of me in the  Q line, MURDER. You grabbed that dress i wanted to buy MURDER, or  my favorite  one, someone  trying to take a parking spot in the mall well just KILL THEM :D.

Ok i might have gone a little off topic  here but i get the point (I hope)

IS not about being care-bear is about being FAIR

Posted (edited)

but there must be a mechanic to keep lower player away from your spot

Edited by RW3XL

Posted

How so, you can still kill, and still grief spots. Thea will in fact make more PVP. And if all cacual leave game, cause they don't play 24/7, who are you going to kill then, equal geared players??

Good change imo. 

But I'm more concerned about all the hackers and cheaters, really hope they ban all of them, or very least delete all gear and gold. 

This will make it so there is almost no PVP, because you still lose karma... So you have almost no reason to attack people now... So now you can be farming a spot, people can come in and just start killing mobs where you are, and then...you just go...Oh, I guess we'll just all get terrible XP now.

2 people like this

Posted

Except PVE'ers get to grief people non stop now. Without any loss for their actions, they can follow around and grief others while they try to farm a spot that they contested for. That's costing the other team exp and money while this kid griefs, and then when they kill this kid, the kid loses nothing but they lose karma. Eventually they have to either A leave the spot themselves to avoid going red and to earn the exp/hour and money they should be earning, so this PVE'er wins the day all because they have no penalty for doing what they are doing, but a PVPer has a penalty for doing what he can to prevent this. 

So the bullies got a taste of their own medicine. Karma is a mother fu**er ain't it ?

Posted

Really so how come you allow loosing XP at world bosses that have completely broken mechanics and randomly one shooting players.
If anything that should be changed, people in PvP can use V skill, can use ESCAPE there is option to avoid XP loss and thats not the case when world boss one shots you.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm level 57 about to hit 58 and I don't approve. If I'm flagged on it makes me play more cautious and also rewards you if I die due to me purchasing pearls for tears. These drastic changes without any consent from the community could really kill BDO and that is shown today. I didn't ask for this, other high level players didn't ask for this, the only people that I see approving this is either AFK fishers that wakes up being dead, and griefers that would constantly come back after they've been killed just so you could become perma red and attacked by everybody. Where is the competitiveness? Why am I being punished for PVP? Can't get jiggy with this shit.

Edited by Gildarts_Gunvald
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

So why do we lose exp on bosses? Why if we want to progress and don't want people to steal our exp - end up losing exp? Your "fix" wont help people progress people and it encourges the griefing that you yourself stated you want to avoid in this game. You dont have only pvp griefing, you have pve griefing. carebears dont realize it that they wont farm any better. Plus how about all the people who spent money on tears for progress? You made it like we threw the money for nothing.

Reconsider the situation. Remove karma or revert the change. Thank you.

Edit: Or this is your plan for making the servers better for sieges? To get as many players out and merge all channels to have less-lag shit? Stupid idea.

Edited by Shiki
3 people like this

Posted

i just create this forum accound only fro say this.

WTF are you doing with the game????????????

NO EXP LOSS???? GM, developers, plz!!! think again this change...... all days are less people playing the game and you put this anti pvp rule.....

Posted

People that seem to grind PvE more than anything are crying over PvP. The ones that actually PvP won't suddenly stop PvPing because of it.

Posted

This won't stop the killing and there will be more war declarations now, screwing your entire guild if you grief.

Posted

No exp lost! Simple, "if we can't grind here you won't either".

so you keep coming back and make sure you annoy the hell out of them. Why not? No exp loose. We all sitting in 300k karma anyway. 

This will just make it crapper than it is. Normally, people move when stronger player claim the area because we don't want to loose EXP. but now, it's all about grief and pride

Posted

Lol i enjoyed this.

Isnt  a pve'r who griefs for spot actually pvping?

I hear players sounding like pvp'rs not wanting to have to pvp to pve...