• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - June 1st

1,951 posts in this topic

Posted

sweeeeeetttttt! <3

Posted (edited)

i have one question

So the new lodging item in the cash shop its limited by 3 only per account. what that mean? i can buy only 3 lodging in Serendia  or i can buy 3 on Serendia, 3 on Media and so on?

Edited by ALiSTAR

Posted

sure, let the opportunity to guys who played 400h less to kill me, legit.

its not legit. He loses karma for killing you... an the great thin us, you wnt lose precious ep from him killing you, unless you have negative karma beause you are always kiling others.

Im all for this update.

Posted

I still don't see the issue. They still need to be able to kill me to get the spot. I can back down, log on with another char, and pay 'em back with the same medicine.

I can ask for help to guildmates too. But most of the times I will scream in TS "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IT'S PVP TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" and forget alltogether grinding, the spot, and anything else and just have fun. 

If I want to grind so bad (to get silvers or to get next level), I have other options, definitely the choice is still mine. Have no other options ? Hard to believe with such many side activities in game.

Either way I consider this just an endless whining, nothing will really change in the end, smart guilds will perform rotations on pkilling, while managing to keep enough high karma (now we'll see real pvp oriented guilds), real pvpers should know how and when it's good to flag and slain and when it's  better to back off. 

In order to win, one must be able to lose.

The fact is that now when you pk someone you lose ever and the person who die dont receive any penalty. Because when you pk you lose karma if you die you dont lose nothing

Posted (edited)

Your post does not explain how mine is completely wrong. The least you can do is tell me why I'm wrong.

So you can badger people in grind spots, doesn't mean you'll get to super sandvich levels faster than they will.

I'd like it if people refrained from using the phrase "bad game design" as you are not any sort of authority on what's good game design, nor have you made a meaningful suggestion.

I do not grind for levels, I grind for drop. As I say I do not care about the levels, as I cannot reach the 24/7 nolifers anyway. Some people live in games, most people have real life.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

You could say that this game, have many things that reflects in real life. For example you cannot teleport in BDO, you really have to walk or ride on a horse to somewhere. The same thing you could say about positive and negative karma. You do bad things in real life, you get punished.

Tell me, what meaning did the karma system before this patch had? Well absolutely nothing, you could PK anybody without worry. The system didn't had any purpose, until now.

About KSing en PKing. Before this patch came, players already KSed and PKed the crap out of everyone, so don't go drama about this one. Let's see who's fault this really is.

- YOU hardcore PVP players already took advantage of the karma "system" long enough;
- YOU guys didn't think even for a second about leaving someone alone when he/she was already attacking an Orge or some other important mob;
- YOU guys have no respect for other players about what so ever, it's all about YOU, YOU and YOU.

Guildies? Yea when someone leaves a guild, let's gang up on him/her right??? Give that person the worst experience possible, right?? YOU bunch of hypocrites....

YOUR grinding spot? Yes I do respect the rule about first come, first serve and that's why I leave other players the HELL alone. Unlike most of you, pushing "weaker" players away from "their" grinding spot so YOU could make it into "your" grinding spot.
"I'm a stronger player, I've the right to take your spot blah blah blah...." No, you're just a respectless, no-life gamer who happens to have some RNG luck on your side and decided to think you're some BDO god and have the right to kill anyone and to take every "hot" grinding spots you come accross....my god you guys make me sick....

Conclusion: You guys have done this to yourselves, applause for that *clap clap clap*...go whine/cry or whatever.

This was the best move they could've done IMHO.

Agree.  The old system was all but useless.  You can PK and grief with little consequence.  This adds a little bit but by no means detract game play.  Someone dies still have to run back from a node.  Being flagged should last longer and greater negative karma.  

Right now a lower equipped player has zero chance.  It was getting abused by pk.  At least now saves the one getting pk by losing XP.  This change should be done a long time ago

1 person likes this

Posted

bye bye melee classes, you will get no longer ANY loot :) 

and pve'ers : you will still get -----ed by pvp'ers.

you are in a guild -> guild war and byebye spot.

you are solo -> how do you think you get any chance to do enough dmg for ANY loot?

Who cares about xp, tho most of us are lvl 56 / 57

We grind the major spots for money. So you still wont be alone

I'm only 53 and I do grind for XP and you grinding only for money with your guild and telling me to leave when I already was grinding for hours doesn't make sense. It's not yours to say "leave". Not everyone is 56 or 57. I've been playing since the patch and so far no big guild touch me and I'm getting XP amazingly easy. Don't be salty because you can't bully solo players now. 

Posted (edited)

But maybe, just maybe, my party is already full, because i am part of a guild unlike a solo carebear that is entitled to have the best grinding spot while being solo, undergeared and underleveled?

Then how on earth are you having problems killing faster than he is? O.o I think you're protesting for the sake of it at this point.

Edited by Nexxa

Posted

without sense....

I leave the game until something makes sense in this game

See u!!

don't let the door hit you on the back.

18df2b56513f75a0930a1b8f8eada16b1acb44ed

Posted

I do not understand why put what karma 0. Now it is useless to pk a guy and you will not lose exp and will continue intruding on your spot until they're sick and you have to go. Anyway, I'm damn tired of rng of this game makes no sense, and now you put me this ? ...

PS: Now people do not spend pearls to die, and now you will not win much money. Fools! 

1 person likes this

Posted

I do not grind for levels, I grind for drop. As I say I do not care about the levels, as I cannot reach the 24/7 nolifers anyway. Some people live in games, most people have real life.

What's your point? I believe I made it clear in my post that people who have lives will benefit greatly from this update.

Posted (edited)

I'm only 53 and I do grind for XP and you grinding only for money with your guild and telling me to leave when I already was grinding for hours doesn't make sense. It's not yours to say "leave". Not everyone is 56 or 57. I've been playing since the patch and so far no big guild touch me and I'm getting XP amazingly easy. Don't be salty because you can't bully solo players now. 

Very obvious model of wrong selfish thinking. So you will get level 56 some day. Then you will have the same problem with lower levels. Anyway at this moment there will be players 60, who will have this problem with you. All have a problem. That change is not a fix.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

Then how on earth are you having problems killing faster than he is? O.o I think you're protesting for the sake of it at this point.

It;s not about killing faster. He -----s up your roation, and mobs don't spawn in order anymore, so it's not efficent. Instead of needing 2h for 1% you need 8h!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

What's your point? I believe I made it clear in my post that people who have lives will benefit greatly from this update.

No they will not. Can I play 24/7? No. So I cannot be competitive to the higher levels anyway. It is not possible except if I kill my real life, which will be incredibly stupid. So what is changed really? PvP for farming spot now is pointless. Daum really can remove the open world PvP after that change.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

Very obvious model of wrong selfish thinking. So you will get level 56 some day. Then you will have the same problem with lower levels. Anyway at this moment there will be players 60, who will have this problem with you. All have a problem. That change is not a fix.

There are always gonna be new players. What's selfish is a 5 party guild coming up to the spot that I'm grinding for an hour now and telling me to leave. And when I don't, I lose all my hard work, bye bye my XP. And this is not selfish? Even if I go away from where they are they still come and kill me if I show up on their radar. This has been happening  for a while now and a lot of people have been complaining. For the first time today I actually had fun grinding without the problem of losing XP. Finally enjoyed the game after a long time now. So yeah this is actually a nice fix. Not everyone likes to join a big guild and not everyone plays to do PVP. We shouldn't be affected by big guild who decides to be assholes. And if you have a problem with another guild coming and stealing your kills then declare war to them. Easy as that. Just stay away from me and I will stay away from you. Let me grind in peace. Simple as that.

Posted

Now wheres the ninjas that were supposed to be in game bout 2-3 patches ago

Posted (edited)

The lack of care for anything but everybody's individual best interests and opinions is palpable. The fact that people are saying (quite literally) that the only thing that keeps PVP interesting or fun or rewarding for them, or helps them, is the exp loss, with a select few even going so far as to say it's the only thing they care about most in PVP period or other very personal, near-IRL focused comments, etc, is worrisome. Not for the game. Not for the patch notes. I'm not even looking at that anymore. I'm looking at the actual IRL thought patterns and mentality of individuals behind the anonymity of a computer screen.

And I'm thanking his noodliness that such people are at the very least utilizing their psyche issues in an online manner as opposed to what chaos would ensue if such outlets did not exist, because I seriously think they need help. Psychological help. Because IMHO people are not born with an innate need to cause others harm, regardless of if it's just in a game or not. If that's the only way they feel on equal footing or feel good about the experience, I worry for them. I truly do. I'm not saying they're horrible people or anything like that. Quite the contrary. They're, to me, troubled and in need of help. Not disdain. But it's help the internet cannot give, unfortunately, and I'm not quite sure they even want.

That said, I do have to admit that if that's the way people want to play, they should be able to I suppose. But the restriction here is trying to please everyone and ending up pleasing no one or going back and forth a lot because there's only so much a single-server-type setup can accommodate. Which is exactly why having a dedicated PVE server (that involved no PVP barring innate and important game mechanics such as guild nodes, due to how integral a part of the core BDO system they are - scratching those if it could feasibly be done even but I doubt it and I think the core idea of those would be fun to some) and a dedicated PVP server (with as much excessive death loot, lose exp, lose life exp, lose your home, lose your horse, lose levels, whatever you want mechanics to console the masses of interested people as possible) would be an incredibly fair and perfect setup. Not only this, but then everyone would be playing with like-minded people, thus creating a more positive atmosphere across the board.

I dream of the day this reiterated idea becomes a reality for BDO. I've thoroughly enjoyed the game so far and will continue to do so. It's the first MMO I've played in a long while that has brought me out of my shell enough to do something such as join a guild, be a part of a community, interact with other people and do group focused things in. Thank you, Daum, for the incredible, breathtaking experience. Keep doing what you're doing, and do consider the server idea at some point. It's best of both worlds for everyone. But if you can't or won't, for whatever reason, then I do feel you're going in the appropriate direction overall (for what could even be close to a middle ground in any way, which isn't saying much because again it's literally impossible to please everyone), and I for one (among many others drowned out in this thread) appreciate your efforts.

And P.S. My post is not meant to flame, insult, single out, or otherwise harm anyone whatsoever. My post is honestly just my thoughts and observations and hopes, and it's my one effort to garner some reflection from hopefully at least a few people. Introspection is important and sometimes when things get this heated you need to take a step back and think about what's so upsetting over pixels that you feel so emphatic and find it necessary to lash out at one another. Because at that point it may be time for a break.

Edited by Chaotexe
2 people like this

Posted

Well, your seemingly empty, retarded, whiny post didn't really say much of anything anyway. I fail to see what we're missing. I'll see you in overwatch next week.

You're missing that bdo was from the start korean hardcore pvp/grinding MMO and im sure many of you bought this game only because of graphics without any knowledge how this game works. After playing my little pony simulator you are crying about that this game is what it is. Now they are making this game sh*t for us who played this game for its mechanics because of you. I also died many times because some nolife kid was already full gerad and 56 lvl when i was 52 but thats part of this game and you should know it. Every MMO game profits nolifes and bdo profits them more than other games. If they want to let low lvl players to level up without problem they should do something like not pvp between players with 2 levels diffrence not deleting exp loos. It destroys grinding system of this game and makes lvling up troll fiesta.

Posted

where protection? you promised! bots running around the arena, in the field, everywhere! you do nothing!

Posted

It;s not about killing faster. He -----s up your roation, and mobs don't spawn in order anymore, so it's not efficent. Instead of needing 2h for 1% you need 8h!

Exactly. They want the rotation. They want mobs to just wait for them and only them, no one else. So that makes lower level people or solo players not able to grind as they will be bullied into leaving. And that makes people not wanting to play the game.

Posted

Posted

Benefit the bandit, love it! Going bandit.

Posted

To give some explanation and details about this change, here's a quick one from the DEV team. 

"This change happened because, although losing EXP is not such a big thing in the first part of the game, once you've reached a certain threshold it becomes a big deal. Unfortunately if you happen to have enjoyed other games feature and don't mind to be late, players with an higher level than you can decide to kill you in chain preventing you from trying to catch up. Those players cannot become better nor grow into the game. In order to prevent that kind of issue this change has been done so that those players can survive."

Thanks so much guys, now I can enjoy this game and my grinding experience.

Posted (edited)

There are always gonna be new players. What's selfish is a 5 party guild coming up to the spot that I'm grinding for an hour now and telling me to leave. And when I don't, I lose all my hard work, bye bye my XP. And this is not selfish? Even if I go away from where they are they still come and kill me if I show up on their radar. This has been happening  for a while now and a lot of people have been complaining. For the first time today I actually had fun grinding without the problem of losing XP. Finally enjoyed the game after a long time now. So yeah this is actually a nice fix. Not everyone likes to join a big guild and not everyone plays to do PVP. We shouldn't be affected by big guild who decides to be assholes. And if you have a problem with another guild coming and stealing your kills then declare war to them. Easy as that. Just stay away from me and I will stay away from you. Let me grind in peace. Simple as that.

Hard work? Do you realize you play a game, that should be fun and entertaining? No, you will not lose your hard work, you will lose your life time, as no matter what it never will be possible to compete with the higher levels. You grind like crazy to get experience to PvP with people who got more experience already, so you applause when Daum nerfs the PvP at your level. Do you realize how incredibly stupid is that?

Edited by Ikcen