• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - June 1st

1,951 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This is no pvp game at al. If this doesnt get reverted soon i will be on my mission to let every player refund all his pearls and game cash.

Because this is NOT THE GAME THEY PROMISED US. FALSE ASVERTISEMENT. Just ask your local lawyer 100% they have to refund most of the money you spent on the false advertised game.

Edited by Raijin Lightning

Posted

This is no pvp game at al. If this doesnt get reverted soon i will be on my mission to let every player refund all his pearls and game cash.

Because this is NOT THE GAME THEY PROMISED US. FALSE ASVERTISEMENT. Just ask your local lawyer 100% they have to refund most of the money you spent on the false advertised game.

Could you link me an official advertising from Daum where it is written in clear text "people killed in PvP loses XP and it won't ever change". No? Okay, you can let the lawyer caring about true problems.

3 people like this

Posted

I love how when games change something people instantly become fully qualified lawyers with an expert background in advertising and business law.

Let me explain. You can not get a refund for anything which you have purchased and used as it was intended AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE. Just because 2 months down the line something has changed makes no difference.

The exp loss was never advertised. It was never sold as an aspect of the game. It was in fact, unknown to most people before they had already purchased the game. Almost any lawyer will tell you that you do not have any case at all.  In fact, when you purchase Daum cash you agree that you have no right of withdrawal.

TL:DR You know nothing Jon Snow.

2 people like this

Posted

Hahahahahahahaha tell me more please :D

Posted

Ppl like you need to start read better. I said that I leave other players the HELL alone, when they are already at a grinding spot. So nobody will be griefing about me.

If you think that players didn't KS my mobs before the patch, you're very wrong. Orges are the hottest targets, I've been KSed countless of times. So what is the difference for me now? Almost zero, just I don't lose exp if someone not only KS me, but also tries to kill me. If you're asking "why not fight back?" If this player is strong enough to KS me, it already means his/her character is stronger than mine. There is no use fighting back, I'd rather save my exp and run. Risking losing exp + items + time = not worth it.

Oh and another thing, seems negative karma has a huge disadvantage. If you die by mobs, while having negative karma, your gears have a chance to downgrade....so image a Kzarka +15 wep become +14. Think twice now before you PK someone ;)

Excellent example for the extremely broken thinking that ruins the MMORPGs. Why do you play the game? To grind? Because that is what you say - now I will grind in safety. Let say you get the best gear and highest level in BDO? Then what? You will keep grinding? Your post shows not only a selfish behavior, but it shows blinded short thinking about your gameplay. In fact the developers have some fault, they misled the players with the level 45 PvP start. But the simple fact is the game starts from level one. And even if you have the best gear and the highest level, nothing will change. The only way this patch will be beneficial to you is, if you plan to grind ogres forever, no matter what. I really doubt you are planning this :)    

Posted

Welcome to your first MMO. Also welcome to the internet.

Posted

Excellent example for the extremely broken thinking that ruins the MMORPGs. Why do you play the game? To grind? Because that is what you say - now I will grind in safety. Let say you get the best gear and highest level in BDO? Then what? You will keep grinding? Your post shows not only a selfish behavior, but it shows blinded short thinking about your gameplay. In fact the developers have some fault, they misled the players with the level 45 PvP start. But the simple fact is the game starts from level one. And even if you have the best gear and the highest level, nothing will change. The only way this patch will be beneficial to you is, if you plan to grind ogres forever, no matter what. I really doubt you are planning this :)    

I grind to level and get items/silver to make my char stronger. My gears ain't good enough to step into the PVP areas yet. It's common sense to become strong enough for something, otherwise you're nothing but a punching bag.

And I will keep trying to get an Orge ring as drop, because 80+m isn't easy for me to make. I doubt it's easy for anyone to make that amount, but who knows.

I haven't tried Red Battlefield yet, because my brother showed me how his char got asskicked around, just because his gear wasn't prepared for it. Killed in 2 seconds just shows the power difference.

A bokser will train to mentally and physically prepare for the fight. Without preparation you're just gonna embarras yourself. Or am I wrong here?

There is also this thing called RNG. I need silver and items to become stronger and the RNG shows the difference of how much time a person might need to get a certain amount. My example will be Witch Earring drop. So far I only got 2, while my brother got 6 of them. Almost the same time spend to grind those mobs, yet RNG favored him over me. 4 more Witch Earring does mean 40-44m more market worth of price atm. So his gears is automaticly more advanced by now.

So if I keep losing exp and crystals (aka silver), how am I suppose to become stronger? How am I suppose to enjoy the PVP content? How am I suppose to prepare my char for it?

I want to go over the PVP content, but not until I'm ready for it.

Hope you understand my way of playing this mmorpg Mr. Ikcen.

Posted (edited)

I grind to level and get items/silver to make my char stronger. My gears ain't good enough to step into the PVP areas yet. It's common sense to become strong enough for something, otherwise you're nothing but a punching bag.

And I will keep trying to get an Orge ring as drop, because 80+m isn't easy for me to make. I doubt it's easy for anyone to make that amount, but who knows.

I haven't tried Red Battlefield yet, because my brother showed me how his char got asskicked around, just because his gear wasn't prepared for it. Killed in 2 seconds just shows the power difference.

A bokser will train to mentally and physically prepare for the fight. Without preparation you're just gonna embarras yourself. Or am I wrong here?

There is also this thing called RNG. I need silver and items to become stronger and the RNG shows the difference of how much time a person might need to get a certain amount. My example will be Witch Earring drop. So far I only got 2, while my brother got 6 of them. Almost the same time spend to grind those mobs, yet RNG favored him over me. 4 more Witch Earring does mean 40-44m more market worth of price atm. So his gears is automaticly more advanced by now.

So if I keep losing exp and crystals (aka silver), how am I suppose to become stronger? How am I suppose to enjoy the PVP content? How am I suppose to prepare my char for it?

I want to go over the PVP content, but not until I'm ready for it.

Hope you understand my way of playing this mmorpg Mr. Ikcen.

I understand, and you completely prove what I write. One very simple question: what will you do if you have the best gear and the highest level?

How you will enjoy the so called PvP content, if it is completely ruined? It is not your fault. It is an issue of the game design. But to applause the changes that nerf the PvP is just stupid. At least you are honest enough and you do not pretend that you are nice and cooperative player who wants to grind solo all his life.

This fix here fixes nothing. Even more, it is obviously stupid. To let lower levels become competitive, ruining the competition even sounds stupid. Not to mention the higher level solo players will benefit most.

Let take your case as example. If you have joined efforts with other players instead to grind solo, no one would KS your mobs with the old system. So two problems become obvious - first, the broken system of sharing of rewards in party. It prevents completely the gold selling, also it ruins completely every attempt for playing together. And the so called fix that now destroys the PvP.

Let see how the new system works in the GvG. Because the players lose nothing, every conflict among guilds soon becomes a pointless zerg. Some people pretend to fight winning nothing and losing nothing except their life time. To have competition you need someone to lose, and someone to win. If you win and lose nothing it is not PvP, I have no idea what it is, but definitely not a PvP.

In the PvE it is the same. If there is no risk the developer should just give you the rewards instead to lose your time. But without PvP why you will need those rewards?

It is a shame to make so beautiful game, and then to ruin completely the gameplay with stupid decisions.    

Edited by Ikcen

Posted (edited)

Slow sarcastic clap....

9c45d2316d5b019d18b557baf634e175.gif

• Open World game (no instances anywhere) with an endless progression system that requires you grind, but no means of securing a grind spot any longer. Good luck grinding somewhere with every tom, ----- & harry keal stealing and ruining rotations.
  • A Karma system that used to have penalties/risks for the PKer and the PKed, now completely redundant as the penalties are only one-sided. 
  • A B2P game where Ellon's Tears is surely a significant source of income for the publisher. An income that will be diminished due to no XP loss from PK. 
  • Still no Node Wars, Ninja/Kuno or Awakenings after more than 3 months... you know the things that actually bring balance and meaning to the end-game and the reason many people are playing/grinding for. 

I have literally no idea what they are doing, they seem like their own worst enemy to me, but whatever. Thank god Overwatch is out and this sinking ship can be abandoned till a more meaningful MMO turns up. Adios amigos!

Edited by Maulkin
1 person likes this

Posted

Really where? Never once did I hear or see this is a pvp game or that this is a n exp loss game.  Why would ANY idiot say "oh its an exp loss game. let me go buy that. It sounds like an awesome game!."   lmfao

I did exactly that. And that is not very polite of you to call me an idiot. If there was no xp loss I would have never started playing, I enjoy games with risk and great loss. I was hoping for even more xp loss than the initial 1%. And this was heavily advertised as a pvp game, it pretty much is nothing else. PVE content has only recently been added just a little with the 2 new open world dungeons. The world bosses, story quests, and guild scroll bosses don't even have any mechanics. You just nuke them for 15min and that is about it. Without the pvp side to this game, it really will have nothing to offer. Unless you like d/c's, crappy pve end game, and lag. :/

Posted

I find it funny how the hardcore PVP/PKers react to the subject of "no more exp lose...etc". Those hardcore PVP/PKers obviously are in a huge negative karma now and it's hard to get back to positive side. So first you guys found it totally ok to kill around (probably also KSing) and made other players lose exp/items and time, but now it's not ok anymore, because you guys won't be able to defend "your" grinding spots?

Yo hypocrites, do you see the KARMA here? I guess what comes around goes around :P

LOL! To get positive carma from -3kil u need 1h on rutums or manchas :) Hello Kitty players know nothing about this game :)

Posted

Exactly. I totally agree. These low-lives think that PVP means killing anyone on site as I have said before. Greedy, selfish, low-life scum that enjoys making other people's lives miserable. But when they are confronted in reality, they hide in shame and behind the computer and behind their pathetic parents to avoid putting their lives on the line. They don't risk their lives in reality as much as they claim to be tough in game. That's called a Pu$$y and that's what they'll always be. They're nothing but pieces of dirt waiting to be stepped on. Not one of them have any balls.

WOW! that's quite a statement LOL! while we would differ on your choice of words I can definitely relate to the sentiment, but I applaud your directness. I don't think I would be so brave. I take my hat off to you sir! :D  

Posted

This change is beneficial to both communities. Equal grinding spots is in the interest of competition for node wars, and themeparkers can find a larger safespace. I am completely fine with this change.

Nodes wars are useless. You will see.

And there is no competition: themparkers don't want competition, they want fun with easy win. Because they are selfish. They want everything, now.

Posted

Revert back now please. This has gone on long enough. These people and there imaginary concepts of a pvper and pveer. Forget both groups. Bottom line, this game was advertised and started as a exp loss game, It should simply stay what it was. Exp loss is a core, energy is a core, no fast travel is a core(and yea, having people respawn at towns is fast travel if you havn't figured it out), enhancement failure is a core, in 15-20, going back an enhance is a core, breaking accessories is a core, the rng system is a core. Anything is open to discussion about change besides the core of a game and exp loss is a core component. You messed up, just change it back before it gets worse. Even your no energy cost for basic alchemy and basic cooking is a mistake. Let people buy energy pots from vendors is what you should have done... Everyone makes mistakes

LOL! I applaud your resilience buddy but I don't think it will change back any time soon. What you fail to take into account that change is also a core foundation of any MMO. I have played dozen's of MMO over my 30+ years of playing MMO's (Yes I am very VERY old gamer! LOL!) and I don't know of one that is almost exactly the same of what the original concept was. The thing about MMO is they are a very dynamic and diverse structure. They make a game, people play it, people make suggestions, complain, complement and then the devs make changes and balances according to their own goals, if it is indeed doable, will it make them more money and more successful and the suggestions of the majority of the community. I hate to say this buddy but they don't make these kind of changes without thinking about it long and hard and its true, they do make mistakes, and do sometimes revert changes but ONLY if its a serious game breaker or a massive part of the community stop playing, stop paying money in and their forecast analysis matrix's show a declining trend.

So we will have to wait and see, but my own personal opinion, this is a good thing, its very hard to merge PVE and PVP in the same environment, conflict was inevitable so I think   this is their way so attempting to balance so everyone can get a little of what they want, if not everything.

Posted

wHAT ABOUt the hidden patch notes? I realize some of valkyries moves do spend stamina now

Posted (edited)

Where? Prove it? So you're saying EVERYONE playing the game is playing it because they lose exp when they die? Because I for sure would never join/buy a game that advertises that lol

You did and have been playing a game that advertised that....

This change is beneficial to both communities. Equal grinding spots is in the interest of competition for node wars, and themeparkers can find a larger safespace. I am completely fine with this change.

What are you grinding for? When you reach top lvl and have all your gear what are you going to do with it? Sadly most of the comments I am reading are from people still learning what this game is about, and how could they. It HAS ONLY BEEN 3 MONTHS!! 

I hate to break it to you but all prof skills perks end at skilled 5, there are 0 raids, and there will be only 2 dungeons which have been quoted as being soloable so top gear is worthless. Red battlefield you say? Sorry capped at 300gs so that point is mute. And node wars.. everyone who likes really loves pvp enough to spend their time defending a node while you get to grind or fish or w/e it is you enjoy will be gone. So it will be you who has to pvp constantly to hold them. Sure the hardcores will stay maybe, but then the nodes will be exclusivly controlled by them since a hardcore node control guild will only allow the strongest to join. Power will no longer be spread out like it is now.

My personal motivation all this time was to get strong enough to not be killed in a gank while getting items and silver to get even stronger. 1% xp loss is so small anyway. You all are against this are seriously going to destroy the game over nothing. If it were a core component you loved I would not beat you down but back you up even if I disliked it a little. Gems dont break btw in pvp unless you go red and that is the only really meaningful loss. We are a community and should all respect the major mmo rule of "core changes are off limits." At least while the game is still healthy and this one is.

LOL! To get positive carma from -3kil u need 1h on rutums or manchas :) Hello Kitty players know nothing about this game :)

Lies, it takes 2 hours to go from 1000 to 300000. And I was only at 1000 because a jerk kept attacking me after I engaged mobs then flagged down before he died. He did this 8x, I was like thank God for xp loss or he would never have stopped.

Edited by Slen

Posted (edited)

Nodes wars are useless. You will see.

And there is no competition: themparkers don't want competition, they want fun with easy win. Because they are selfish. They want everything, now.

I did exactly that. And that is not very polite of you to call me an idiot. If there was no xp loss I would have never started playing, I enjoy games with risk and great loss. I was hoping for even more xp loss than the initial 1%. And this was heavily advertised as a pvp game, it pretty much is nothing else. PVE content has only recently been added just a little with the 2 new open world dungeons. The world bosses, story quests, and guild scroll bosses don't even have any mechanics. You just nuke them for 15min and that is about it. Without the pvp side to this game, it really will have nothing to offer. Unless you like d/c's, crappy pve end game, and lag. :/

Slow sarcastic clap....

• Open World game (no instances anywhere) with an endless progression system that requires you grind, but no means of securing a grind spot any longer. Good luck grinding somewhere with every tom, ----- & harry keal stealing and ruining rotations.
  • A Karma system that used to have penalties/risks for the PKer and the PKed, now completely redundant as the penalties are only one-sided. 
  • A B2P game where Ellon's Tears is surely a significant source of income for the publisher. An income that will be diminished due to no XP loss from PK. 
  • Still no Node Wars, Ninja/Kuno or Awakenings after more than 3 months... you know the things that actually bring balance and meaning to the end-game and the reason many people are playing/grinding for. 

I have literally no idea what they are doing, they seem like their own worst enemy to me, but whatever. Thank god Overwatch is out and this sinking ship can be abandoned till a more meaningful MMO turns up. Adios amigos!

What do you mean this game has no PVP? The game has GVGs, arena, player killing, market bidding, leader boards, and there is more to come. The reason for the delay is because we already have issues with hacks and dupes and violently localizing more content into the game just creates more holes to exploit. You same people crying now will just be back crying later because someone managed to get to full +20 gear in one click and no fail stacks and within the first 5 minutes of the content release.

I don't understand how 1% exp loss is an incentive for pvp. The killer doesn't gain anything but the imagination that the random person on the other computer is literally crying. And if the random has 0 exp anyway, GG. This issue was already in the game before the change. I've had fun taking part in it. You don't own the mobs, so your only license to claim anything relies in your own strength. If you are strong enough to keep your precious rotations, you'll keep them. Being negative while in a group of your peers in your favorite grind spot means next to nothing.

By the sheep logic demonstrated in these posts:

• Overwatch is not pvp
  • CS:GO is not pvp
  • LoL is not pvp
  • Rocket League is not pvp
  • Halo is not pvp

You speak of the thrill of risk, but are unwilling to accept the risks of going red? Do you really like risk then? Or are you just struggling to justify being PKarebears?

I took a look at Overwatch, looks like an interesting game. So many people are talking about it, but nowhere on the introduction page does it describe some sort of exp loss as an incentive to pvp.

I am fairly convinced that these quoted posts and posts like these are either trolls or literal fools who flip flop worse than the stereotypical democrat.

Bottom line: Your type doesn't play this game for the PVP, if you did, you wouldn't care about such a minor change. Instead you play for the illusion that you are ruining someone else's life. Get over yourselves. You can't say those supporting the change are afraid of risk, and then ----- about the risks associated with going red. That's a catch-22.

Edited by Ylescent
fixing typos
3 people like this

Posted

What do you mean this game has no PVP? The game has GVGs, arena, player killing, market bidding, leader boards, and there is more to come. The reason for the delay is because we already have issues with hacks and dupes and violently localizing more content into the game just creates more holes to exploit. You same people crying now will just be back crying later because someone managed to get to full +20 gear in one click and no fail stacks and within the first 5 minutes of the content release.

I don't understand how 1% exp loss is an incentive for pvp. The killer doesn't gain anything but the imagination that the random person on the other computer is literally crying. And if the random has 0 exp anyway, GG. This issue was already in the game before the change. I've had fun taking part in it. You don't own the mobs, so your only license to claim anything relies in your own strength. If you are strong enough to keep your precious rotations, you'll keep them. Being negative while in a group of your peers in your favorite grind spot means next to nothing.

• Overwatch is not pvp
  • LoL is not pvp
  • Halo is not pvp

You speak of the thrill of risk, but are unwilling to accept the risks of going red? Do you really like risk then? Or are you just struggling to justify being PKarebears?

I took a look at Overwatch, looks like an interesting game. So many people are talking about it, but nowhere on the introduction page does it describe some sort of exp loss as an incentive to pvp.

I am fairly convinced that these quoted posts and posts like these are either trolls or literal fools who flip flop worse than the stereotypical democrat.

Bottom line: Your type doesn't play this game for the PVP, if you did, you wouldn't care about such a minor change. Instead you play for the illusion that you are ruining someone else's life. Get over yourselves. You can't say those supporting the change are afraid of risk, and then ----- about the risks associated with going red. That's a catch-22.

You can be "fairly convinced" of anything you want regarding why people quit the game, opinions and beliefs cost nothing. I think it makes you more of a fool or a troll in my book, but be my guest, I could not care less :D

Posted

I hate to say this buddy but they don't make these kind of changes without thinking about it long and hard and its true...

As I know some CEOs and other managers, I can tell you, the business does not work like this. Not only the business with the video games, every kind of business. If you was right very few companies would fail. The truth is, they make such changes without any thinking - because in this case they invest literally nothing to change the game. They think when they add content, as they spend money. But again, if they make something wrong, they will not revert it or fix it, because they have to admit they are wrong (you cannot just say to the board: Hey I was wrong :) ), and also they have to spend money to fix the things. So when the things go into wrong direction, in any business, very often they keep on going until it is too late to save the project or the company.

Posted

You can be "fairly convinced" of anything you want regarding why people quit the game, opinions and beliefs cost nothing. I think it makes you more of a fool or a troll in my book, but be my guest, I could not care less :D

And by your logic, your opinion is completely worthless. Glad you could add such meaningful content to the discussion.

Posted

• Overwatch is not pvp
  • LoL is not pvp
  • Halo is not pvp

My reason for liking it is that first I do enjoy losing xp on death. For me it is what makes death in a game mean something. It keeps me on edge watching my back and checking mini map. It is thrilling.

Second I am not about attacking anyone, I never usually flag up. I am a wizard so people see me as an easy kill. I am attacked at least once every two hours by random people. These people are being rude and want to grief for whatever thier reason. With xp loss half of the time I can kill them off and only due to the xp loss, they dont usually come back. It keeps people from wrecklessly reaking havok by trolling. And if they do troll it SLOWLY adds up. If they are stronger, I just switch channels. Takes under 1 min. 

Last, I hope you can let go of whatever experience caused you to imagine someone over their keyboard laughing because they hope the guy on the other end is crying. Hardcore man. And I am all for the rng system, love it.

I do not think most people are about killing people for the sole purpose of losing xp. Even the elite guilds and most others have general no life player kill policys as well as ediquite rules. 

I do think, as it happened to me when I first started, a lot of people are mistaking there ruthless killings while traveling or just trying to farm or something as some crazy guy randomly repeatedly killing them. It turned out for me, that the reason I was dying was due to guild wars, either my group declared or another group declared on us. There is a point system in that aspect of the game so camping spawns and repeated killings are what is supposed to go on, but remember with guild wars you already LOST NO XP OR BROKE ANY GEMS. I can almost guarantee the reports the CM heard about were just that, a guild war and the poor guys got caught up in the middle of it.

Posted

Yeah, this change is what they have in the Korean version. So....false advertisement..? Please, explain further. :D

Posted

And by your logic, your opinion is completely worthless. Glad you could add such meaningful content to the discussion.

Your opinion is stupid, literally. You made a long post to say: Why they are afraid to become red? Let try to think. It is risk reward - what they win, if they become red? Nothing, they can only lose. What they win if they do not become red? Nothing, they lose again. These "they" are the players who claim some farming spot. Will lower levels benefit from the new system? No, because the high levels will kill the mobs faster anyway.

Who will benefit? High level solo players, which now can grief and KS the mobs from any party on every spot.

2 people like this

Posted

What opinion? Can you read? I mentioned my reasons why I'm quitting the game. That was not an opinion.

You then proceeded to compare MOBAs and FPS games to an MMO by saying that these games have PVP without XP loss. That's the height of idiocy as those games don't have character progression at all. And then finished it off by saying people who don't agree with you are either idiots or trolls.

I'm having a blast reading you idotic posts, keep them coming pls xD

Posted (edited)

You are giving karma grievers more power.. I do not know why this was necessary?

Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP.

Edited by Twist