• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

This patch will kill the game

Solutions to new update    315 votes

1. 1. They should

• Remove karma loss
    • Bring back exp loss
    • Add crystal loss
    • Add disenchanted gear to pvp death
    • Add a progressive system (explained below)
    • Keep it as it is, let grieves grief and kill the game!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

116 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If you don't lose exp, you need to remove karma it's as simple as that, I know that cos and gms both do not play this game, but the only form of griefing in game right now is players with 0% exp karma bombing groups farming a spot.

Now you've just made life easier for grieves and you have made it impossible to claim or defend a farming spot, as the group who die and do not lose anything are rewarded. 

The progressive system mentioned in the poll above works to stop suicide bombers from ruining a players gameplay experience, doing this works as follows, the first 2 deaths player b has to player a are free, the third death costs 1% exp the fourth costs 1% and chance of losing the same crystal he would have lost if he died in pve, the fifth has a chance to disenchant gear, lose every crystal and up to 5% exp. 

Edited by Phantasmagorie
6 people like this

Posted

Wow this is a complete nose dive into self destruction.. A pvp game with actual consequences has just become a 100% pve game with no intrigue. Jesus Christ..

Posted

I love how choices are so malicious....i like the changes and that wont kill the game.

If you need to kill undergeared people for enjoying the game, you have some issues.

Cause only people that will complain are gankers and solo ultra geared people that likes to go around and slaughter players only cause "they can"

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

I love how choices are so malicious....i like the changes and that wont kill the game.

If you need to kill undergeared people for enjoying the game, you have some issues.

Cause only people that will complain are gankers and solo ultra geared people that likes to go around and slaughter players only cause "they can"

OR they are people trying to defend their grind spot, ever thought of that? They just completely made this a PvE game lmao.

Edited by Rythmn
3 people like this

Posted

Looks like u don't need to give a shit about stealing mobs or grinding spots anymore... Just got flagged down by grind, didn't even care.

Posted

OR they are people trying to defend their grind spot, ever thought of that? They just completely made this a PvE game lmao.

Never been like that. Never will. Whiners are all gankers/trolls in my experience, cause for "normal" players, this little patch note doesnt change anything in their playstyle.

1 person likes this

Posted

Try making an unbiased poll.

3 people like this

Posted

Try making an unbiased poll.

This.

And if you want to be a PK'ing pos. Move on. We won't miss you.

1 person likes this

Posted

game is gonna die soon, after today patchnotes our guild decided it was time to move on...completely retarded changes.

Posted

"pvp has been adjusted"

1 person likes this

Posted

game is gonna die soon, after today patchnotes our guild decided it was time to move on...completely retarded changes.

Which guild?

Posted

This Patch absolute killed the PvP in this Game, if they don't change it within the next weeks and node wars won't be suuuuper cool i see many ppl going

Posted

They either revert this change, or things will get real ugly in the next few weeks.

Posted

I don't doubt this patch will kill the game either. 

Posted (edited)

Never been like that. Never will. Whiners are all gankers/trolls in my experience, cause for "normal" players, this little patch note doesnt change anything in their playstyle.

You are completely wrong, especially now because you're going to be seeing a lot of players who previously had no reason to be on the forums come out and voice their opinion. 

Anyone who has ever grinding for more than a few hours and had to deal with people trying to push them out will understand how bad this change was. It was already bad before, the system needed to be addressed, but this change made things worse and moved in the opposite direction it should have.

Edited by Walk
2 people like this

Posted

If you don't lose exp, you need to remove karma it's as simple as that, I know that cos and gms both do not play this game, but the only form of griefing in game right now is players with 0% exp karma bombing groups farming a spot.

Now you've just made life easier for grieves and you have made it impossible to claim or defend a farming spot, as the group who die and do not lose anything are rewarded. 

The progressive system mentioned in the poll above works to stop suicide bombers from ruining a players gameplay experience, doing this works as follows, the first 2 deaths player b has to player a are free, the third death costs 1% exp the fourth costs 1% and chance of losing the same crystal he would have lost if he died in pve, the fifth has a chance to disenchant gear, lose every crystal and up to 5% exp. 

please post your loot on the AH before quitting

Posted (edited)

I think this patch is more geared towards the PVE side of the game but also a huge loss for daum as a company.

If you think about it the only reason people buy tears is to save exp so this patch in a sense minimizes that profit because if your are alert you will rarely die to pve mobs. The only reason I bought tears was if I was going to be flagging on people or getting flagged on with the possibility of getting killed. Now after this patch I will have no reason to purchase tears because I wont lose EXP for that.

I personally don't like the change because people can just karma bomb for grinding spots and if they are desperate just constantly come back until your whole party is red but I feel they did try to please the pvp players complaint about the tears.

Edited by TaG

Posted

You are completely wrong, especially now because you're going to be seeing a lot of players who previously had no reason to be on the forums come out and voice their opinion. 

Anyone who has ever grinding for more than a few hours and had to deal with people trying to push them out will understand how bad this change was. It was already bad before, the system needed to be addressed, but this change made things worse and moved in the opposite direction it should have.

You know that exists people that doesnt care about ganking/pking all day long right?

Cause i can't care less about wasting time in open pvp. "carebears" as nerds tends to call, are the main engine of the game, not "competitive supa dupa iper strong pvpers". I'll do PvP when i fell to, without ruining other players's experience. -----ing for a spot is the stupiest thing a human being can do.

Posted

no exp lose from pk = no elion tears = no money entries for daum

they have a plan for sure

Posted

The change only promotes actual PVP, instead of the solo ganking of some poor grinding noob, that some of you clowns like to call pvp.

Great change, if you hate it, bye-bye.  Go back to WOW.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

You know that exists people that doesnt care about ganking/pking all day long right?

Cause i can't care less about wasting time in open pvp. "carebears" as nerds tends to call, are the main engine of the game, not "competitive supa dupa iper strong pvpers". I'll do PvP when i fell to, without ruining other players's experience. -----ing for a spot is the stupiest thing a human being can do.

If they don't care for it, why don't they simply focus on leveling in areas they will not get pk'd? You could go grind at Sausan's for days and days without getting pk'd by going behind the wall instead of in the main area. It will be a little bit slower, but less risk = less reward, and that is fair.

The game gives you the options to play how you want, instead, you come into the highly contested areas and complain when someone plays the game how they want by pking you. THAT is the stupidest thing a human being can do. 

Edited by Walk

Posted

If they don't care for it, why don't they simply focus on leveling in areas they will not get pk'd? You could go grind at Sausan's for days and days without getting pk'd by going behind the wall instead of in the main area. It will be a little bit slower, but less risk = less reward, and that is fair.

The game gives you the options to play how you want, instead, you come into the highly contested areas and complain when someone plays the game how they want by pking you. THAT is the stupidest thing a human being can do. 

And who said that? Dont put words in my mouth. Plus, why i should loose exp cause some bully nerd (cause,yes, in 99% cases it's all about being bully, defending spot is a bullshit and you know it) decided to waste his time and mine? At least now what i have done wont be wasted anymore. If i go breaking other peoples's balls and they kill me it's fine....where's the problem?you could killed people before, you can kill people now. Complaining cause you cant make people loose exp and time is a new record of being awfull players and assholes.

Posted

And who said that? Dont put words in my mouth. Plus, why i should loose exp cause some bully nerd (cause,yes, in 99% cases it's all about being bully, defending spot is a bullshit and you know it) decided to waste his time and mine? At least now what i have done wont be wasted anymore. If i go breaking other peoples's balls and they kill me it's fine....where's the problem?you could killed people before, you can kill people now. Complaining cause you cant make people loose exp and time is a new record of being awfull players and assholes.

Killing someone contesting a grinding spot has no negative consequences for the player being killed. They can come back and continue contesting forever with zero loss. There is no point in killing someone, even over legitimate reasons such as contesting grinding spots. You lose if you do, you lose if you don't. If you are the one grinding(aka, defending) you just lost whatever slight chance you ever had of holding a spot.

Btw, what we had before was also bad. The entire thing needs to be redone from scratch. They just made it even worse than it already was, to the point where if you see a white dot while you are grinding you might as well go afk.

Posted

Killing someone contesting a grinding spot has no negative consequences for the player being killed. They can come back and continue contesting forever with zero loss.

I guess....if you are playing with a bunch of barbaric apes yes. In civil world people tend to make group, make profits all togheter and do not waste time.

But i guess it's too much complicated, even more now than before this patch. Here the problem isnt the patch, but the rotten part of pkers/gankers.

Posted

I'm loving this, suddenly all PvP'ers are afraid of getting griefed and THAT is not OK! But when Mr and Mrs Carebare are complaining about getting griefed they should just STFU and QUIT because the game is NOT for them.

Double standards much?

5 people like this