• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

This patch will kill the game

Solutions to new update    315 votes

1. 1. They should

• Remove karma loss
    • Bring back exp loss
    • Add crystal loss
    • Add disenchanted gear to pvp death
    • Add a progressive system (explained below)
    • Keep it as it is, let grieves grief and kill the game!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

116 posts in this topic

Posted

I have been crying for the last 6 hours!!! Why... whyyyyyy

Why is it so goddamn funny to see you idiots whine your "pvp hardcore" asses off because people can mess up your pve grind. Seriously, why have I been laughing so hard I've been crying all this time? WHYYYYYYYYYYYY

Posted

I guess....if you are playing with a bunch of barbaric apes yes. In civil world people tend to make group, make profits all togheter and do not waste time.

But i guess it's too much complicated, even more now than before this patch. Here the problem isnt the patch, but the rotten part of pkers/gankers.

I group with 4 other members of my own guild, not random white dots. You want me to kick guild members because some random player wants to grind? What kind of civilized world do you live in? 

Sounds to me like the rotten players are people like you, who are so incredibly narcissistic that you believe guilds should kick their own members so you can leech XP/silver instead.

Posted

Worst change ever. If I wanted to play a game with meaningless PvP and zero content I can choose everything from WoW to BnS.

Posted

"pvp has been adjusted"

And deliciously at that... :D

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm loving this, suddenly all PvP'ers are afraid of getting griefed and THAT is not OK! But when Mr and Mrs Carebare are complaining about getting griefed they should just STFU and QUIT because the game is NOT for them.

Double standards much?

To be fair, PVP'rs are a bunch of babies. If it doesn't cater to them the game is doomed to fail and they cry like brats.

4 people like this

Posted

To OP:

GIT GUD

Posted (edited)

My idea is not on the list, so will just spell it out.

Leveling is a graduated cost. Just making up numbers, suppose you are level 50. 1% of a level = 15 minutes of grind. At level 55, 1% of a level = 1 hour. At level 60, 1% of a level = 20 hours. etc. So the xp-loss of a pk-death was 'graduated' relative to TIME (which is the only thing that ever really matters in an mmo). 

So why not make the xp-loss equivalent to TIME, which is basically some SET NUMBER of xp-points. Work it out where it's like 30-minutes of grind. So the risk-reward calculation would remain: to pk or not-to-pk, and the wager is 30 minutes of grind, no matter what level you are. That's what I would have voted for... bring back xp-loss so the open-world pvp still has some suspense/excitement, but make it a fixed time cost, instead of a graduated cost. 

(from experience, I found myself backing down from an open-world pvp fight at 55 because I would think about the cost vs reward and just switch channels, more than I would do at level 50 for example. At level 60, I'm pretty sure I would only fight if there was a 95% of chance of winning... So a fixed-time xp-cost that was not too huge, but enough to think about... would have been best imo)

Edited by airhead

Posted

game is gonna die soon, after today patchnotes our guild decided it was time to move on...completely retarded changes.

See ya! =)

I'm loving this, suddenly all PvP'ers are afraid of getting griefed and THAT is not OK! But when Mr and Mrs Carebare are complaining about getting griefed they should just STFU and QUIT because the game is NOT for them.

Double standards much?

I don't have a like left to give today but you, sir, deserve many.

Posted

This game will die because of this patch.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cry me a river!

Posted

RIP BDO

Posted

I love how choices are so malicious....i like the changes and that wont kill the game.

If you need to kill undergeared people for enjoying the game, you have some issues.

Cause only people that will complain are gankers and solo ultra geared people that likes to go around and slaughter players only cause "they can"

I dont know anyone who hunts undergeared players. The only PKing i see outside of GvG is people fighting over farm spots. Guess what? This is an open world PvP game, and pvp just got removed essentially. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont know anyone who hunts undergeared players. The only PKing i see outside of GvG is people fighting over farm spots. Guess what? This is an open world PvP game, and pvp just got removed essentially. 

You think defending spots or attacking spots is PvP?

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure :)

Posted

Uhm, I'm not sure if the change is good or bad. We will have to wait a bit to find out. Solo casuals will not bother with trying to grief you and get you down to negative karma. They will die once or twice but after that they will just leave because they gain nothing from keep coming back, they just losing the little time they have to play the game.

But for the love of god! STOP saying "PvP has died" or "PvP guilds will quit". Group ganking soloers that have zero chance to fight back is not pvp. 99% of the "big guilds" do not want to PvP. They just PK so they can continue PvEing.

Posted

I dont really know how I feel about this.. I mean lets say for example I am solo at elrics grinding out some exp/cash. A guy pk's me and now I lost no exp. I am going to go back there and keep letting him attack me until his karma is gone, then im going to stay around until I catch his back and two shot him. The exp loss should probably stay in the game, it is considered a pvp game. But now death will have no purpose so no one is going to care if they die and farm spots are going to be over populated like crazy. You will not be able to chase people away, the only reason people would leave is due to the exp loss. 

Thats just my two cents though. I dont think the game will die because of this but I do believe the hardcore pvpers will be on the lookout for something that has more consequences when you die. I know I personally like fighting people and yes it sucks if i lose and take a 1% exp hit but its not the end of the world. 

Posted

I dont really know how I feel about this.. I mean lets say for example I am solo at elrics grinding out some exp/cash. A guy pk's me and now I lost no exp. I am going to go back there and keep letting him attack me until his karma is gone, then im going to stay around until I catch his back and two shot him.

And you lost all this time gaining nothing. It might be a trend for trolls at the beginning of the patch to do so, but in long-term, big guilds will still "own" grinding spots. People will eventually get tired of playing the game in order to be annoying for someone else and being crashed like a fly.

Posted

So many people are wondering to leave the game ... this is sad, and this patch just break the game...

Posted

people actually defending grind spots is one thing,  people going out of their way to stop you from grinding at all is another. atleast now the elites scumbags from the top teir guilds cant prevent people from grinding at all at sausons.

Posted

Double standards much?

Hmm what is wrong fighting for a resource that's limited? You and your friends want to be there, me and my friends want to be there but if we are both there noone is getting want they want really. Saying "stfu" "quit" is rather rude indeed but where is your spine man? You don't want to fight for it but you want it. Like what the hell?

2 people like this

Posted

Hmm what is wrong fighting for a resource that's limited? You and your friends want to be there, me and my friends want to be there but if we are both there noone is getting want they want really. Saying "stfu" "quit" is rather rude indeed but where is your spine man? You don't want to fight for it but you want it. Like what the hell?

Right? Contesting areas is player generated content in a pvp game, which guess what, I chose to play because I wanted to experience that world pvp. Even if it means I die and lose exp sometimes because someone is better than me. It pushes me to get better and work on farming the best gear I can, to join a guild of members as determined as I am. It's all part of the experience and is incentive to play the game, win or lose. 

2 people like this

Posted

Right? Contesting areas is player generated content in a pvp game, which guess what, I chose to play because I wanted to experience that world pvp. Even if it means I die and lose exp sometimes because someone is better than me. It pushes me to get better and work on farming the best gear I can, to join a guild of members as determined as I am. It's all part of the experience and is incentive to play the game, win or lose. 

So you do PvE (cause grind spots, as you call 'em, is PvE) for doing PvP?

Seems legit.......

Posted

Wow.. The only thing that initiated some PvP will now be gone. So this is only a PvE game now? How about remove PvP from the game totally now? No way to defend your farming spot with this change and the game will be just pointless.

1 person likes this

Posted

So you do PvE (cause grind spots, as you call 'em, is PvE) for doing PvP?

Seems legit.......

I'm a PvX player :) I do abit of everything. But when I go PvE I prepare for PvP because I know I have to fight for it.. which some don't seem to get at all.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

What is all this foolishness about "stealing mobs" "your grind spot"... it's not YOURS. This immature self-entitlement. Many others also bought this game, you don't have any more entitlement to that spot than they do. When I get to max I am definitely coming into "your grind spot". As far as I can tell, there are quests there, quests for all eligible by level and game design. I really can't wait to invade "your grind spot", really.

Edited by Varsgod

Posted (edited)

Simple solution:no xp loss,no karma loss,no cristal loss and everybody is red exept your team member and guild member!

LET'S GO!!!

Edited by Angryman