• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

June 1st Patch Notes, EXP loss change.

50 posts in this topic

Posted

87XSXJg.png

• Players with o or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP.

Well, how does everyone feel about this change that they have made, what sort of impact will it have on everyone, and how will the community react?

Me personally, I see the positives.

The positive: You don't lose EXP when some RPKr comes along and decides his/her name was somehow printed on the mobs/area, and kills you over and over.

I look forward to everyones responses...

Posted

Well enjoy all the guys who'll come ruin your farm for fun and without punition.

Posted

Doesn't faze me personally.

Looking forward to the complaints though.

Posted

>The positive: You don't lose EXP when some RPKr comes along and decides his/her name was somehow printed on the mobs/area, and kills you over and over.

If this bothers you, you picked the wrong MMO. If there's a stronger player in the area and he wants it for himself, he is allowed to do so in an open world pvp game. Don't like it? Git gud and kill him instead, or swap channels. 

This change will make it so that anyone can come grief any group's grinding rotation forever without penalty. The grinding group will be penalized with karma loss and the scrubs can come grief you forever. Worst change I've seen in the game so far.

Posted

Another game where devs bending over to entitled casuals rip.

5 people like this

Posted

worst change to date.

only option now is to War Dec spam everyone in a grind spot.

1 person likes this

Posted

This change will make it so that anyone can come grief any group's grinding rotation forever without penalty. The grinding group will be penalized with karma loss and the scrubs can come grief you forever. Worst change I've seen in the game so far.

This..They just destroyed penalities for trolling groups. GG pvp

Posted (edited)

Sit back and watch the player number pummel.

They ether have additional changes in store, or someone is **** poor sighted.

Edited by CruleD

Posted

The issue isnt exp loss... its just the fact you can't defend yourself against people that are able to no life.... boooooring

Posted

Is this game PvP-Oriented or PveTrolling-Oriented?

DO NOT APPLY THIS CHANGE.

If DAUM wanna see trolls and kids destroying this game, then yes, this change is perfect for that.

Posted

So what is the utility of PK now ? No fear of dying from other player = Can't take farm spot

R.I.P. BDO...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

RIP

Most disappointing change to occur in this game. The effects of this change will be far more negative than positive and will completely flip the game on it's head.

Why did this change even occur without community input from both sides, rather than just the ones complaining about something they don't even understand the consequences of.

Losing the ability to deter others from interfering with your grind area and being unable to defend it without causing your guild to spend much of its bank to declare wars on individuals...

These changes are more damaging than people might think, and although it seems like a small change, it will have really negative consequences.

Edited by Kookaburra

Posted (edited)

I myself don't quite like this idea since people whom want your grind spot (when you're busy PvEing) will be more likely to just keep throwing themselves at you and dying until you dip into the negative karma (which isn't hard to do with the amount of karma you lose per PvP flag kill, non-war, compared to the slow karma gain). Once you hit the negative karma just by 'winning' your spot, you'll be forced to decide whether to leave or not to grind elsewhere and/or be hunted down. It feels like to wants to reward people for just flagging, running in to die repeatedly (cannon fodder) in order to chase someone out of a grind spot. What is the point of "Winning" a grind spot now?

It just seems like the system is encouraging players to abuse the mechanics to their advantage rather than learn how to actually PvP/fight, be fair, etc. There's been issues due to being zerged down in general to the point where it's like Left for Dead 2 only the zombies are pet mice enticed to eat cheese at your feet while you're starving then you find that the mice turn into homing-pigeon shrapnel as you kill them where, unfortunately, you are the target.

Based on my experience, if you can't beat them, move somewhere else or to another channel (Not sure if it's just me but often these issues at Sausans are on Calph O2 which is kind of the main channel in general).

Before this was implemented, at least people might think twice about interrupting a grind group with PvP and possibly would just change channels or go elsewhere. Now, why would I want to change channels when I can just charge into a grind group's AoEs without my gear on and while flagged up about 5-6 times then call in friends?

Edited by TinaH

Posted

>The positive: You don't lose EXP when some RPKr comes along and decides his/her name was somehow printed on the mobs/area, and kills you over and over.

If this bothers you, you picked the wrong MMO. If there's a stronger player in the area and he wants it for himself, he is allowed to do so in an open world pvp game. Don't like it? Git gud and kill him instead, or swap channels. 

I appreciate that you refer to LC as  RPkers.

As PVP Lead of Laughing Coffin, I agree that we have made advances in the Role Play community and have progressed as the top RP guild Owren,

Posted

Seriously this change was one giant slap to the face, i hate to use the word, but this was disgustingly carebare move. Wheres the risk and reward? BDO joining the ranks of the 1000 other mmorpgs out there with litteraly no death penalty. 

Posted

Won't there still be Crystal Loss though, so, there is some sort of penalty for it, right?

Posted (edited)

You know that you can still have mobs get the kill to make them lose exp right?

Edited by Elitefoo

Posted

You know that you can still have mobs get the kill to make them lose exp right?

Oh yeah, great strat. Make the mob get the kill. That doesnt work outside of Hasrah or Pirate Island. Everybody has 160DP+

Posted

I`m happy, only playing 2h a day. Now I can go back to the game and have some good times.

Posted

This is the most stupid patch ever.

1 person likes this

Posted

worst change to date.

only option now is to War Dec spam everyone in a grind spot.

This.

There's no option now but to war dec anybody that seems like they might be trying to move in to the grind spot, it's a ridiculously horrible idea and the person responsible should probably find a bridge and a rope.

Posted

Welcome to BDO News at 9. I'm your host, Dr Sickofyou

Today's top story: People cried on forums. We will update you as the situation continues.

1 person likes this

Posted

What's the point of having Karma now?

Posted

It's not even the fact that you don't lose exp now, that's awesome.

The worst part about this patch is how carebear this game has just got. There's so much anti trolling you can do now, lmao.

RIP.

Posted

87XSXJg.png

• Players with o or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP.

Well, how does everyone feel about this change that they have made, what sort of impact will it have on everyone, and how will the community react?

Me personally, I see the positives.

The positive: You don't lose EXP when some RPKr comes along and decides his/her name was somehow printed on the mobs/area, and kills you over and over.

I look forward to everyones responses...

Worst patch since the beginning of the game.

Now imagine you are farming in a great spot, no one's around, farm is going good. Suddenly a random player appears, and it pretends to farm where you are farming. That's not correct, you have been farming there for hours, so you ask him to leave, getting a negative response. It's time to kill him and teach him what you can't teach with simple words. But.. He doesn't lose exp, he just revives and get back at your spot until you go below 0 karma and.. poof, he starts killing you, AND YOU WILL LOSE EXP (not to talk about the malus from negative karma)!
This is a joke: PKing system is dead. You can't even defend your spot anymore.

1 person likes this