• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why kill other people?

105 posts in this topic

Posted

Why kill other people?

A newbie question.

What have i in exchange of kill other people?
If i kill someone my karma go down, i lost (maybe) my weapon, exp and crystals. So... why i should kill someone? For fun?

Posted (edited)

Why kill other people?

A newbie question.

If i kill someone my karma go down, i lost (maybe) my weapon, exp and crystals. So... why i should kill someone? For fun?

Normally you pk someone to be effective on a grind spot, that's all there is to it. If you had to share your spot with every person that's running around, there would be no person being lvl 58 because people will just come again and again and again because they won't loose anything. That's the whole point why hardcore players are angered, you will have to share your spot with anybody running around there now, without being able to do anything about it.

Edited by MoBo111

Posted

If you had to share your spot with every person that's running around, there would be no person being lvl 58 

You know that isn't true. And, sharing and cooperating with others on an MMO sounds completely acceptable. If you don't like sharing don't play an open world MMO.

19 people like this

Posted (edited)

Because it takes away the oh so competitive grinding....lmao! This game and its pvpers are a joke.

Edited by Master Chef
14 people like this

Posted

Normally you pk someone to be effective on a grind spot, that's all there is to it. If you had to share your spot with every person that's running around, there would be no person being lvl 58 because people will just come again and again and again because they won't loose anything. That's the whole point why hardcore players are angered, you will have to share your spot with anybody running around there now, without being able to do anything about it.

I normally get killed on the road travelling or when I'm talking to NPCs, not sure what 'normal' you are talking about.

2 people like this

Posted

I normally get killed on the road travelling or when I'm talking to NPCs, not sure what 'normal' you are talking about.

Well if you are unlucky and run into dicks all the time you are having bad luck, the only time i get attacked on the road is when i'm in a guild war with the one attacking me, and those people get killed most of the time.

Posted

Why kill other people?

A newbie question.

If you grind at lemme say Elric Shrine. There is another player coming to the spot. Not asking for party or anything. He jumps straight into the monsters you are forced to attack in this moment.

Sorry, those people deserve to get destroyed instantly. It's like if you search a parking slot in reallife. Another Person rushes into this parking slot while you turn your car backwards.

In real life you can hurt somebody :) In VR you can just destroy him and be happy to kick an as5hole to the ground.

Like it - welcome to Black Desert

Hate it - Wrong game i guess

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You know that isn't true. And, sharing and cooperating with others on an MMO sounds completely acceptable. If you don't like sharing don't play an open world MMO.

If i don't like sharing because i got a guild 5 man group and all additional players are reducing my efficiency i can kill them, that's part of open world too.

Edited by MoBo111

Posted

If you grind at lemme say Elric Shrine. There is another player coming to the spot. Not asking for party or anything. He jumps straight into the monsters you are forced to attack in this moment.

Sorry, those people deserve to get destroyed instantly. It's like if you search a parking slot in reallife. Another Person rushes into this parking slot while you turn your car backwards.

In real life you can hurt somebody :) In VR you can just destroy him and be happy to kick an as5hole to the ground.

Like it - welcome to Black Desert

Hate it - Wrong game i guess

So your 'farm' is slowed takes priority over people getting randomly PK'ed for no apparent cause? I really don't think so.

Also your argument permits aggressive take over of 'farming' spots. So if I'm lesser geared I get exp penalty as well when someone aggressively takes over spots I've been using because I want to progress?

Someone would probably tell me to get good. I'd say you're the ones that have been killing the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

So your 'farm' is slowed takes priority over people getting randomly PK'ed for no apparent cause? I really don't think so.

Also your argument permits aggressive take over of 'farming' spots. So if I'm lesser geared I get exp penalty as well when someone aggressively takes over spots I've been using because I want to progress?

Someone would probably tell me to get good. I'd say you're the ones that have been killing the game.

Shhh. The "hardcore" pvpers think they own the game. Don't say such things!

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry, those people deserve to get destroyed instantly.

Deserve to get destroyed instantly? Why do you deserve a spot more than another player? If there are a finite number of areas to grind, you are bound to run into other players, and just because the game has PvP built into it, does not mean you should have to kill another player for an area you "claim" as your own. I'm not level 50 yet, but I'm going to have to grind in the same spots as everyone else if I want to level up, and I shouldn't get killed and penalized for this. And, If you're such a bad asz Pvp'er why not head to the arena and fight with other players looking for an actual fight?

Posted (edited)

Better question is, why wouldn't you love the ability to pvp another player anywhere in the world instead of grind endlessly?  Some like to fight, others don't.  You can run away and find another spot if you don't want to fight or can't.  Or come back with people willing to help you against the person who attacked you.  = Fun

I was grinding in a very small area in hexe for chance at witches earrings, and two players in a group came and just started killing monsters around me, right next to me.  i asked them to leave the small area I was in, they didn't want to told me"Don't think so", so, thank God the game allows to flag up against this kind of stuff, works both ways.

Edited by ulti19
typos
1 person likes this

Posted

Ok, i'll kill you if you came near my farm spot (cruel :D)

but, if i kill a player with bag (that was in trade of some goods), can i gain some money or other stuff? 

I read that there was a bounty or something if you kill someone with bad karma.... or is not active yet?

Posted

Deserve to get destroyed instantly? Why do you deserve a spot more than another player? If there are a finite number of areas to grind, you are bound to run into other players, and just because the game has PvP built into it, does not mean you should have to kill another player for an area you "claim" as your own. I'm not level 50 yet, but I'm going to have to grind in the same spots as everyone else if I want to level up, and I shouldn't get killed and penalized for this. And, If you're such a bad asz Pvp'er why not head to the arena and fight with other players looking for an actual fight?

Because he's stronger than you are that's all there is to it, i don't know how you want to get something without deserving it. If you are weaker than he is it's his decision if he wants to share the spot or kill you because you are reducing his efficiency, He's not an asshole because he's doing that, it's just a gameand black desert is a game where you have to be more or less of an asshole to stay at the top.

Posted

Just that there is no "get good" in BDO, only "get geared" ^_^

The whole "competing over xp spots" is indeed an interesting topic. On one side, I understand that people want to keep/compete over the best farming-spots, which are basically the way to progress for both pve and pvp, on the other side, this by itself is not something I feel should warrant pointless griefing outside of these areas, such as what currently happens to people training their horse or whatever.

Personally, I would just turn these "high-end" farm-spots into some kind of "warzones". Upon entering these areas, there are less restrictions regarding pk. As such, anyone is free to decide whether the chance of faster xp gain is worth the potential gank/loss. Outside of these areas, harsh pk restrictions remain in place or the option to do so is disabled completely. I think such a solution would go a long way in helping both sides.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Because if you have a very small penis it makes you feel better about yourself.

Trust me, I know. That's why I spend most of my time hunting players in lower level areas.

Edited by Crowleyz
1 person likes this

Posted

Because if you have a very small penis it makes you feel better about yourself.

Trust me, I know. That's why I spend most of my time hunting players in lower level areas.

So I guess a lot of girls would join in with you as well because they (probably) have no penis at all?

Posted

So I guess a lot of girls would join in with you as well because they (probably) have no penis at all?

Once you pass 2nd grade you will have learned that girls use different measurements.Plus there aren't any girls on the internet.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is a rather amusing thread.

- I always beat up people when they steal my car park. I mean, I had left my aura at that car park to reserve it just in case somebody gets there first. Hence I have the right to beat them up. This translates straight to the game only that beating up there usually results in death of one or the other.

- And sharing? I don't even know the meaning of that word. Why would I share something with people I don't know when I can have it all and feel really powerful about it? If I see a kid with a chocolate bar that I want, I nowadays even skip the asking for it and just take it. If they then cry, I just recommend that they learn to read and make it their priority to read up on Darwin's theories and they will realise that the strongest only will survive and they are just not among them. So next time they see me, they will run into a shop, by a chocolate bar and bring it to me as a sacrifice. After PK'ing fifteen dozen other players to snatch their ... err my grinding spot (remember, the aura was there already), I am expecting that they will in future seek me out to let me know the grinding spot is ready for my perusal.

So why would anybody be nice to others. You might make friends and that just would be terrible, as they bear the potential of being nice, helpful, resourceful, fun ... Friends and kindness are totally overrated. Let me be known as a bully and people tremble in fear. This is so much more rewarding. 9_9

Just that there is no "get good" in BDO, only "get geared" ^_^

The whole "competing over xp spots" is indeed an interesting topic. On one side, I understand that people want to keep/compete over the best farming-spots, which are basically the way to progress for both pve and pvp, on the other side, this by itself is not something I feel should warrant pointless griefing outside of these areas, such as what currently happens to people training their horse or whatever.

Personally, I would just turn these "high-end" farm-spots into some kind of "warzones". Upon entering these areas, there are less restrictions regarding pk. As such, anyone is free to decide whether the chance of faster xp gain is worth the potential gank/loss. Outside of these areas, harsh pk restrictions remain in place or the option to do so is disabled completely. I think such a solution would go a long way in helping both sides.

I agree with the first section.

As for war zones, by all means if all these grind spots give you is silver and XP. The moment there are valuable gear drops involved this idea of yours isn't going to work because you'd leave all the high end gear drops to mostly reckless players and that is certainly not going in the right direction.

3 people like this

Posted

All the people whining about the no xp loss is absurd. Just shows how many people love griefing other players.

- you should totally lose xp when a hacker just kills you over and over.

- you should totally lose xp when some no life jumps you and kills you in a spot you've been grinding for hours.

The fact is if you kill someone in "non war" pvp by the notes they can still lose crystals (if i'm not mistaken), and they aren't getting any xp'ing done, so you have still won. IF they come back it's called "DECLARE A WAR" that's what the game is about, this isn't a game built around ganking people, it's about organized gvg content (some of which still has to be added) but the game still needs to stay focused on gvg content or if all you want to do if fight other players go play mortal kombat.

Posted

Because he's stronger than you are that's all there is to it, i don't know how you want to get something without deserving it. If you are weaker than he is it's his decision if he wants to share the spot or kill you because you are reducing his efficiency, He's not an asshole because he's doing that, it's just a gameand black desert is a game where you have to be more or less of an asshole to stay at the top.

I am sorry but you really should meditate over that last section of your post. I actually don't think you meant it like that because ...

What you are saying is: "It is just a game and I do not have to risk having my bones broken and teeth smashed in so I can do whatever I want to other people." 

These are the words of a coward. It is always much harder to be a really nice person than it is to be an arse. If a person has the mindset that they can misbehave as much as they want for as long as there are no consequences then this is actually a psychological issue.

- I can steal whatever I want for as long as I don't get caught.

- I can beat up and kill people for as long as nobody recognises and catches me.

Just think about it. No consequences does not give a wildcard for misbehaviour. It is actually character-building exercise to resist the temptation of being an arse and rather go the extra mile to be a good person. This applies as much in real life as it does in this game.

5 people like this

Posted

I am sorry but you really should meditate over that last section of your post. I actually don't think you meant it like that because ...

What you are saying is: "It is just a game and I do not have to risk having my bones broken and teeth smashed in so I can do whatever I want to other people." 

These are the words of a coward. It is always much harder to be a really nice person than it is to be an arse. If a person has the mindset that they can misbehave as much as they want for as long as there are no consequences then this is actually a psychological issue.

- I can steal whatever I want for as long as I don't get caught.

- I can beat up and kill people for as long as nobody recognises and catches me.

Just think about it. No consequences does not give a wildcard for misbehaviour. It is actually character-building exercise to resist the temptation of being an arse and rather go the extra mile to be a good person. This applies as much in real life as it does in this game.

Well, i don't think i'm an asshole in real life tbh. What i am ingame is a totally different story, i can kill who i want and i can steal what i want, i can do this in an open world mmo and i can do that in some rpgs. If you are saying i got some mental issues then i can tell you that there are around 65 people in my guild with the same psychological issues. Oh and i don't run around killing everybody in my way, i only kill other players when they are disturbing me, that's all. That doesn't make me that much of an asshole i think, how you define that is an entirely different story.

Posted

Ok. This became a PK Haters Thread. Don't get me wrong. I don't PK nonsense like horse riding folks or afk fishers or nice people. I PK  as5holes who deserve to get killed (in Game. dunno what @3amclub thought O.o.

But think about this:

1. You grind anywhere for loot/money/exp, it is a large area (helms for example) and one guy decides to fvck you up and kill all the monsters you are already fighting with, instead of the free mob packs ALL around the place. If you switch to another mob pack he follows you and again steal your mobs. Maybe after you ask him to party up, he respondes with "nope" or "go fvck yourself". You all logg out and think "hm this time he won" or you grind for 50 % maybe some drops lost to him?!

2. Now with the patch you don't lose EXP when getting PKed. Hey, lemme tell you why people don't like that. You read the first point? You decided to kill him instead of let him win by beeing an as5hole? Ok. Now hes coming back do the same shit. You can kill him 10000 times, he will not losing anything for griefing. YOU will lose Karma like nothing else matters. You know in other games you can get banned for griefing, right? Here you will get a farming spot you want just by griefing because nobody can do anything against it. You want to report him? No reason, you could have PKed him. Oh wait, back in the text, we lose tons of karma, right.

Sorry but i can't understand all of you. I once got PKed senseless. ONE FVCKING TIME. And i play since release. You must do something wrong. Maybe you are the as5hole from point 1?

Posted

The fact is you don't get insta pk'd for being in the area, you get pk'd if you start taking mobs that group has been grinding for hours on end. You taking them because you feel entitled to them makes them wait for respawn, puts off the respawn rotation.

Ok the mobs aren't theirs, but they were able to push out anyone contesting them, making them theirs.

If you were unwilling/unable to fight, you would go to a less efficient area, where you could grind freely but at lower xp rate/hour.

Posted

Top 5 games played in the world all involve killing other players...