• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why kill other people?

105 posts in this topic

Posted

The best thing i have seen so far in this forum.

Thank you for saving my day Draconis.

It's all true! Now it's time to clear Dar Souls 3 with all Weapontypes :) Maybe after this time we will see a change ^^

2 people like this

Posted

Normally you pk someone to be effective on a grind spot, that's all there is to it. If you had to share your spot with every person that's running around, there would be no person being lvl 58 because people will just come again and again and again because they won't loose anything. That's the whole point why hardcore players are angered, you will have to share your spot with anybody running around there now, without being able to do anything about it.

This is the argument but it is BS.

You could , oh I don't know...GROUP with said grinding spot invader? You know in an MMO...with other people...and even get bonus exp for it. Plenty of people already take advantage of this game mechanic.

Posted

The fact is you don't get insta pk'd for being in the area, you get pk'd if you start taking mobs that group has been grinding for hours on end. You taking them because you feel entitled to them makes them wait for respawn, puts off the respawn rotation.

Ok the mobs aren't theirs, but they were able to push out anyone contesting them, making them theirs.

If you were unwilling/unable to fight, you would go to a less efficient area, where you could grind freely but at lower xp rate/hour.

You're missing the point, I get PK'ed on the road or when I talk to NPCs for no apparent reason.

And just because you don't PK people who happen to be in the same area killing mobs as you does not mean others don't.

Posted

You're missing the point, I get PK'ed on the road or when I talk to NPCs for no apparent reason.

And just because you don't PK people who happen to be in the same area killing mobs as you does not mean others don't.

In that you're right, the pointless killing is something that needed to be adressed. But not like this. Especially with Valencia around the corner, those negative karma 'I don't give a -----' players would probably hang out there.

Posted (edited)

LOL all these so-called PVErs should just go play Hello Kitty Online and gtfo out BDO. Everyone knows that its an OPEN WORLD PVP GAME yet DAUM just put some stupid system to make it less of a PVP OPEN WORLD GAME.

Edited by Sunweiss

Posted

Because if you have a very small penis it makes you feel better about yourself.

Trust me, I know. That's why I spend most of my time hunting players in lower level areas.

Lol.

Posted

Because if you have a very small penis it makes you feel better about yourself.

Trust me, I know. That's why I spend most of my time hunting players in lower level areas.

Yea. And people who breed and train their horses and post their breedings to the forum want to show less their Epenis.

This troll forum

facepalm-giflindsay-lohanthe-parent-trap

Posted

Killing other player should be always part of Roleplay it should have a meaning that is not a stupid reward or a farming spot 

there should be a story behind most probably a guild background and should never be take lightly it should mean something to the player involved not per se

you should always know who are you killing and why killing a random player u have no clue who is he for no reason it's just a way to ruin the game

Posted

PvPing other players is one more aspect that brings depth to an MMORPG and gives you further reason to advance your character. Without the ability to attack other players, people would be able to be an asshole with no remorse or consequence. 

Posted

Which is really the major issue this game has, this PvP/PK thing is just noise.

I'm not dissatisfied with my purchase, it's an amazing single-player game in which I lost tens of hours and I plan to lose even more, I'm just extremely disappointed that its multiplayer death is overshadowed by that of the majority of facebook games.

I'd get PvP and even partake in it if there was something interesting about it and especially something rewarding about it. Right now the PvP game is "grind like a no lifer to stay in the top 1%", but if you actually PvP you lose efficiency because you're not grinding, and since PvP gives absolutely nothing you actually risk losing your spot in the top 1% if you stop grinding, which is PvE only.

I mean it's amazing. People have been screaming day and night before and after launch that this was a PvP game, yet it's the only game I have ever played in 20 years of multiplayer experience where engaging in PvP has the only effect of making a select few people lose more progress than what you're losing by... Not PvEing.

It's amazing. It's like a zen riddle. You spend your entire game life to prepare for a PvP scenario that you will never actually want to partake into because if you do, you lose. It's very deep. Unfortunately, I suspect this is flying over most people's heads.

The Dalai Lama gets it, he came to the same conclusion when he played CBT in Korea.

lama.thumb.jpg.8c9619913c35b13f7d5ea61e2

Posted

If you grind at lemme say Elric Shrine. There is another player coming to the spot. Not asking for party or anything. He jumps straight into the monsters you are forced to attack in this moment.

Sorry, those people deserve to get destroyed instantly. It's like if you search a parking slot in reallife. Another Person rushes into this parking slot while you turn your car backwards.

In real life you can hurt somebody :) In VR you can just destroy him and be happy to kick an as5hole to the ground.

Like it - welcome to Black Desert

Hate it - Wrong game i guess

I think you need some counseling and professional help.

Again killing other is fun for the biggest portion of worlds general gaming comunity. They catering the a vocal minority again bcs they mouthfoam when they get pk'ed and get pushed out.  Top 5 games in the world all involve killing other players.

Top 5 PvP games in the world are also relatively balanced and SKILL and luck, determine the victor, not PvE grinding mods 99.9% of the time and having better gear because of it.

Posted (edited)

Which is really the major issue this game has, this PvP/PK thing is just noise.

I'm not dissatisfied with my purchase, it's an amazing single-player game in which I lost tens of hours and I plan to lose even more, I'm just extremely disappointed that its multiplayer death is overshadowed by that of the majority of facebook games.

I'd get PvP and even partake in it if there was something interesting about it and especially something rewarding about it. Right now the PvP game is "grind like a no lifer to stay in the top 1%", but if you actually PvP you lose efficiency because you're not grinding, and since PvP gives absolutely nothing you actually risk losing your spot in the top 1% if you stop grinding, which is PvE only.

I mean it's amazing. People have been screaming day and night before and after launch that this was a PvP game, yet it's the only game I have ever played in 20 years of multiplayer experience where engaging in PvP has the only effect of making a select few people lose more progress than what you're losing by... Not PvEing.

It's amazing. It's like a zen riddle. You spend your entire game life to prepare for a PvP scenario that you will never actually want to partake into because if you do, you lose. It's very deep. Unfortunately, I suspect this is flying over most people's heads.

That would require some actual cortical brain function.

Edited by Beeso

Posted

LOL all these so-called PVErs should just go play Hello Kitty Online and gtfo out BDO. Everyone knows that its an OPEN WORLD PVP GAME yet DAUM just put some stupid system to make it less of a PVP OPEN WORLD GAME.

You should get on that too, beacause all i can see is salt from you so called "PvPers". If you are a person who really wants to PvP and PvPs beacause thats what you do, removal of XP on death woulden't bother you at all, it would only mean that you can do more PvP. Or are you that scared of -karma that you actually try crying on forums ?

Posted

Well, i don't think i'm an asshole in real life tbh. What i am ingame is a totally different story, i can kill who i want and i can steal what i want, i can do this in an open world mmo and i can do that in some rpgs. If you are saying i got some mental issues then i can tell you that there are around 65 people in my guild with the same psychological issues. Oh and i don't run around killing everybody in my way, i only kill other players when they are disturbing me, that's all. That doesn't make me that much of an asshole i think, how you define that is an entirely different story.

While you may not think it's random another person that has no clue what you are currently finding "annoying" would almost certainly think it random. People's idea of annoying differs considerably. And asking someone to make a reasonable change to their behavior is often effective...then if they're an asshole about it PK them.

Again killing other is fun for the biggest portion of worlds general gaming comunity. 

Where did you get THIS statistic from? Your ass is my guess.

Posted

I think you need some counseling and professional help.

Top 5 PvP games in the world are also relatively balanced and SKILL and luck, determine the victor, not PvE grinding mods 99.9% of the time and having better gear because of it.

sure sure, but thats beside the point

Posted

This is the argument but it is BS.

You could , oh I don't know...GROUP with said grinding spot invader? You know in an MMO...with other people...and even get bonus exp for it. Plenty of people already take advantage of this game mechanic.

You don't get bonus xp for being in a bigger group, my guild testet it. And i don't grind solo at some spots i grind with a 5 man guild group, that's the maximum of people you can have in a party. And if i grind for items like Mark of Shadows and Wich Earrings i wont share the loot with anybody.

Posted

You don't get bonus xp for being in a bigger group, my guild testet it. And i don't grind solo at some spots i grind with a 5 man guild group, that's the maximum of people you can have in a party. And if i grind for items like Mark of Shadows and Wich Earrings i wont share the loot with anybody.

One guy isn't going to come and steal much, if any, kills from you and your elite 5-man farming group.

Posted

This is a game, people play games to get away from real life and to have fun

Except for the little issue that YOUR idea of fun is purposely denying someone else of their  idea of fun.

Posted (edited)

Why kill other people?

A newbie question.

What have i in exchange of kill other people?
If i kill someone my karma go down, i lost (maybe) my weapon, exp and crystals. So... why i should kill someone? For fun?

Simple, it's a form of conflict resolution. 

Example: 2 people, 1 mob, both people want that mob's loot/xp. This is a conflict. Two outcomes: one person leaves or they fight for it. Daum EU has just removed ALL penalties for dying in PvP, which allows the person that lost the conflict resolution to come back and cause more conflict. In addition, the person that fairly won the conflict resolution engagement is now penalized -karma (to eventually lose enchantment levels, gear and crystals) for the losing party to keep coming back.

Edited by VipeR

Posted (edited)

One guy isn't going to come and steal much, if any, kills from you and your elite 5-man farming group.

It depends on the class a good geared ranger can already solo groups at sausans easily and that's is going to wreck your rotation.

Edited by MoBo111

Posted

You know that isn't true. And, sharing and cooperating with others on an MMO sounds completely acceptable. If you don't like sharing don't play an open world MMO.

This is 100% true....

Posted

You are making too much sense!

Posted (edited)

Except for the little issue that YOUR idea of fun is purposely denying someone else of their  idea of fun.

iOnly pk when people try to take the spot im grinding. But not now anymore. Now I try to burn my karma on random carebears

Edited by MoZex

Posted

All these pretender pvpers crying about not being able to PvP because they are so scarred of negative karma. Grow a pair and pk the users to infinity take that minus one mill hit. Not like the nub can kill you any ways or even bring the numbers to out zerg you. If you don't have that kind of power you just aren't deserving of the high does any ways.

And with Valencia around the corner it's even better, negative karma going to be even beneficial now lulz.

Posted (edited)

This is a rather amusing thread.

- I always beat up people when they steal my car park. I mean, I had left my aura at that car park to reserve it just in case somebody gets there first. Hence I have the right to beat them up. This translates straight to the game only that beating up there usually results in death of one or the other.

Stupid real world analogy, but if you are going to use one at least use one that makes sense to the debate here. No one is going to pk you because you parked your horse in the same area as theirs. 

Pking over a grind spot is more akin to someone trying to steal your wallet in a parking lot, or car jack- and in the real world you can be legally killed for that.

The fact is, all you people saying that the mobs dont belong to this person or that- you are right- they belong to whoever can hold the spot via pvp.  You talk about how rude pvpers are for fighting over the spot ( an intended game mechanic), but how much more rude is it that if you see a player grinding, that you think you should run up in the mobs he is already engaged with and start killing them and then have the nerve to cry when he flags on you and kills you? 

I generally ask a player to leave the grind spot if Im there in a group- if not Ill ask if they want to party- if they dont and they continue then I dont care about karma- I will kill you. On the other hand if I come to a spot and I want to grind and there is a player already grinding- I will ask if they want to group or if they have room in their group- if not I will find another spot- no big deal. Just as it should be for a pver- no big deal- if you dont want to be pkd- dont kill steal- just go to another spot- there are plenty. Sausan, iron mines, elric, pirates, manes, wanderers- so many places. Just dont whine about it when someone flags on you because of your hypocritical logic of thats not their mob, but then you run in on them like its your- thats how you get pkd. As for all these people talking about getting pkd not grinding- just riding a horse, or fishing, or walking, whatever- I havent seen that and I have a 56, 55, 52, 51, 52 lvl toons and not one time have I been pkd outside of wars and kill stealing. 

Edited by Ashivautzo