• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback: "Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP"

Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP   1,784 votes

1. 1. Do you agree or disagree with this change?

• Agree
    • Don't mind/not sure
    • Disagree

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

406 posts in this topic

Posted

It's the mindset that people can utilise the PK system to kick people out of a farm spot makes the PK system so broken. Why couldn't you people just deal with the fact that the world is small with limited resources? Why you people have to claim ownership to stuff instead of acknowledging the fact that sharing is the ultimate solution in the real world?

5 people like this

Posted

I find it quite whining to hear from most of you that its all about "farming".

If you have a spot you are emotionally attached to and farming it, thats fine, but do not come and cry if someone comes along with the exact same intentions!

Also, another huge point, not everyone who comes along and happen to snatch a few mobs is there to farm the same spot. Many are actually still levling and all they want is a few mobs and minutes to get the quest done and then will move on. But no, the farmers have to "defend" their spots and blablabla it interupts their game and more blablablawhine. 

You know guys, instead of going all beserk on someone who happen to move into your spot, wait a few moments and see what they will do. Also, no, its not your personal farming spot. As long there is no name or other attachment on the spot that verifys its all yours, others will still come to do the same. So who are you to say its not yours? Yeah, yeah, biggest one wins the fight, thats fine, its part of the game, just stop whining about that "griefers" will now came and interrupt your farming. Go and farm somewhere elses then if you cant handle it or ...

.. just wait a moment or two and see if that poor dude might need those mobs to fix a quest and then will move on .. Something you also can jsut ask instead of peeing the territory and telling someone to "F ..Off".

If you relax a few more minutes and realize that its not all about you, then its also an easier, smoother game for you. 

As said, not everyone comming your way is there to mess up your spot or even cares for it. They just want to finish a quest and will then leave to finx another. 

Give a little room, space and things will solve itself. 

5 people like this

Posted

pvp game without pvp. disagree.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

pvp game without pvp. disagree.

You're right, because the removal of EXP loss upon flagged PvP death prevents you from participating in open world PvP, even though GvG, Node Wars, and Sieges (the PvP that matters) all don't have EXP loss on death.

The blatant idiocy in this thread never ceases to bewilder me.

Edited by helbjorne
3 people like this

Posted

You're right, because the removal of EXP loss upon flagged PvP death prevents you from participating in open world PvP, even though GvG, Node Wars, and Sieges (the PvP that matters) all don't have EXP loss on death.

The blatant idiocy in this thread never ceases to bewilder me.

GvG without rewards. open PvP without advantages. where is the fun? where is the gratification to defend a spot? this system smell.

1 person likes this

Posted

GvG without rewards. open PvP without advantages. where is the fun? where is the gratification to defend a spot? this system smell.

Except the system that was in place for open world PvP was already without advantages. It punished those who died, and didn't reward those who killed. As for GvG, there are no rewards yet, however with node wars and sieges, there are rewards in the form of taxation. 

And if you're capable of smelling their coding, you might want to get that checked out.

1 person likes this

Posted

This change doesn't solve anything.  I also don't know why people are pointing at carebears because this change doesn't help them either.  This change only helps griefers.

In the situation that the griefer is killing a carebear grinding.  They are STILL losing exp.  That's because they spend time getting back up and and returning to the grind spot where the griefer can just kill them over and over again until they rage quit even with the karma system.  Doesn't matter if you're not losing your current exp, it's not fun spending your entire weekend on the floor.

The other situation is when griefers will exploit the karma system to force people into the red all the while interrupting their grinding session.

Either way, the griefers win.  It's like I said before.  To this date there has never been anyone in any society that can make a rule that will force people to follow said rule.  The only way to manage griefers is to police the situation with actual humans.  Even then that does not get rid of griefers.

Get rid of the karma system and hire more people to monitor the game and stop griefers actively.  You cannot make a system that will force people to play nice.  If you could there would be no crime in society.

Posted (edited)

Your all over the place here, but from what I can understand.... Servers we already talked about and levels do not mean much when the game is gear dependent.

If you are lower level player you have accuracy penality vs higherlevel targets (monsters and players). When you "hit" your enemy you have a chance to do 0(ZERO) damage. This miss attack is not marked as "Miss" in combat. +Old servers are a little bit "static" worlds. If you get gear advantage you get the PvP advantage too. Catch the "exkoreans" (who played in other regions and knows the game) and biorobot/nolifer monster farmers are near impossible. New server is new chance. You can enjoy the "carebear life" in old servers and you know the game and you can chose "new" fresh server later to play harder. You don't have to chose forced leveling and 0 life skills to be competitive in PvP game.. (ok, who believed in fast PvP content patch... lol. f**ed. :D) .Where the "PvP" part of the game go online after 3,5-6 months and nobody knows the clear patch calendar yet.   New server = clear patch content and shorter "pvp endgame" implementation time.

Think Devs/Pubs  ruled this out already also. Its like a lvl 30 vs a lvl 10. Sure the lvl 30 will win and get whatever reward there is.

If you are lower than lvl45 you can't play PvP. This is good ... if we use it as "beginner" character. If we use it to cheat the risk and generate high income in higher level area with lower level character that is not good. We need some changes. character-area level rule? If character level +3< average monster level in area : no PvP immunity..

Think V part 2 takes care of factions by giving Perma Reds there own town. In short you will have a two faction system Perma Reds and Perma whites. Perma Reds will not care about karma anymore.

Lower level areas are good to farm in higher level too. Many "easy" monsters and good income. "Red" town is only guards not attack you if  you are criminal. Nothing else (?). All players are free target in Valencia.

So you want something like BG expect in the open world ?

I want something to handle sneaky "Noguild" players and trolls. You don't have an option to fight "Clear" vs solo and small groups/clans. If you attack them you get -karma AND they lose nothing in this last-patch system.

So  higher geared players lose nothing and lower geared players lose xp like before the patch ?  

No. Higher level players will lose same XP than lower level players. If the Xp loss cap is Lvl5 , level 58 players will lose xp as lvl 55 player. No "bad" excuses to ignore PvP.

Colored "answers"...

Edited by Mikroman

Posted

Your all over the place here, but from what I can understand.... Servers we already talked about and levels do not mean much when the game is gear dependent.

If you are lower level player you have accuracy penality vs higherlevel targets (monsters and players). When you "hit" your enemy you have a chance to do 0(ZERO) damage. This miss attack is not marked as "Miss" in combat.

I am lost here can you explain this in a separate post ? 

Think Devs/Pubs  ruled this out already also. Its like a lvl 30 vs a lvl 10. Sure the lvl 30 will win and get whatever reward there is.

If you are lower than lvl45 you can't play PvP. This is good ... if we use it as "beginner" character. If we use it to cheat the risk and generate high income in higher level area with lower level character that is not good. We need some changes. character-area level rule? If character level +3< average monster level in area : no PvP immunity..

Yeah well this is ruled out so no point trying to go onward with this part 

Think V part 2 takes care of factions by giving Perma Reds there own town. In short you will have a two faction system Perma Reds and Perma whites. Perma Reds will not care about karma anymore.

Lower level areas are good to farm in higher level too. Many "easy" monsters and good income. "Red" town is only guards not attack you if  you are criminal. Nothing else (?). All players are free target in Valencia.

That just means Perma Reds will have the PVP thrill they are looking for ? 

So you want something like BG expect in the open world ?

I want something to handle sneaky "Noguild" players and trolls. You don't have an option to fight "Clear" vs solo and small groups/clans. If you attack them you get -karma AND they lose nothing in this last-patch system.

They did not lose anything in the before the patch. Some players use tears and some players just go to 0 exp no deleveling in this game. If a player really wanted to grief you. There is really nothing to stop them from doing so.

So  higher geared players lose nothing and lower geared players lose xp like before the patch ?  

No. Higher level players will lose same XP than lower level players. If the Xp loss cap is Lvl5 , level 58 players will lose xp as lvl 55 player. No "bad" excuses to ignore PvP.

What is this some kind of joke ?  what are the chances that a +7 enchanted player will kill a +15 enchanted player ? 

Posted

Lvl 55. I lost one "5". But you can see it in the "Longer part" after this missed character :D

"level 58 players will lose xp as lvl 55 player."

Perma red is nothing if you can farm better in "Normal" area. You will come back when you are not "Perma" red and you don't chose "perma red" level of crimes.

"They did not lose anything in the before the patch. "

And this "lose" removed in this patch. You can attack them as "PK" player. You lose karma they lose nothing. You can't attack them as "non criminal" and you can't punish them (if they play as a$$holes) as PK player NOW.

Posted (edited)

Lvl 55. I lost one "5". But you can see it in the "Longer part" after this missed character :D

"level 58 players will lose xp as lvl 55 player."

Perma red is nothing if you can farm better in "Normal" area. You will come back when you are not "Perma" red and you don't chose "perma red" level of crimes.

"They did not lose anything in the before the patch. "

And this "lose" removed in this patch. You can attack them as "PK" player. You lose karma they lose nothing. You can't attack them as "non criminal" and you can't punish them (if they play as a$$holes) as PK player NOW.

If a player wanted to be a tool and grief you to death just just have a toon at 0% exp since there are not delevels in the game yes? 

The game is gear dependent so a lvl 58 with 180ap/200 dp will lose to a lvl 55 with 200ap/280 dp. Trying to make the exp lost base on gear is pointless since it will only count on the killshot. I can switch gears way before hand and not lose a thing.

Edited by Zodson

Posted

If a player wanted to be a tool and grief you to death just just have a toon at 0% exp since there are not delevels in the game yes? 

The game is gear dependent so a lvl 58 with 180ap/200 dp will lose to a lvl 500 with 200ap/280 dp. Trying to make the exp lost base on gear is pointless since it will only count on the killshot. I can switch gears way before hand and not lose a thing.

Sure. A lvl 58 player can't hit the lvl 500 player.,Accuracy penality is not too big, but in 442 level advantage can be hard.  :D

Posted

Sure. A lvl 58 player can't hit the lvl 500 player.,Accuracy penality is not too big, but in 442 level advantage can be hard.  :D

opps  typo ... lets make that level 55 player instead 500

Posted

I like the new changes very much, it makes things fair so that people who were previously running around killing afk people, taking over spots and killing people just so they lose progression cannot continue their antisocial behavior. The threats to Daum and other players by this vociferous minority show that the change was needed and this, my fellow BDO players, is why you don't get nice things, you need to check that behavior.

Another forum user called you a bunch of crybears, now that's funny : )

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yesterday Story,

I was at the Helm, grinding few mobs.

A ranger came and tried to take my XP 3 times (doing AOE when they are at 3% HP)

I prevent him, he keeped doing that shit,  I killed him 3 times.

Only answer : "I don't care I don't loose XP and I juste take my bow like that I don't loose the durability of my armor".....

PVE Boyz > ALL ...  Thx Daum

Edited by ZBanG

Posted (edited)

I don't understand why people are complaining? The only ones getting punished by this are the higher geared/lvl'd players who can no longer just kill everyone else that wants to get some exp and grow as well. Any griefer that would have come to troll you before can now still do the same. But before they were probably at 0% exp anyway so it doesn't make any difference whatsoever. People saying that because of this your grind spots are all of a sudden "filled with trolls and ppl trying to mess up my rotation" should tone it down a notch. It's not because you are lvl 57+ and have 350ap/dp that you should be concerned about a lvl 53 trying to get some exp and farm right ? I sincerely doubt this change led to any significant change in behaviour compared to before, only now the more casual players also get a chance to claim farming spots if they don't let themselves be chased away.

And don't act as if you haven't ever let a lower player get killed by mobs whilst you flagged and got him low.

Edited by Bluem00n
3 people like this

Posted

I don't understand why people are complaining? The only ones getting punished by this are the higher geared/lvl'd players who can no longer just kill everyone else that wants to get some exp and grow as well. Any briefer that would have come to troll you before can now still do the same. But before they were probably at 0% exp anyway so it doesn't make any difference whatsoever. People saying that because of this your grind spots are all of a sudden "filled with trolls and ppl trying to mess up my rotation" should tone it down a notch. It's not because you are lvl 57+ and have 350ap/dp that you should be concerned about a lvl 53 trying to get some exp and farm right ? I sincerely doubt this change lead to any significant change in behaviour compared to before, only now the more casual players also get a chance to claim farming spots if they don't let themselves be chased away.

And don't act as if you haven't ever let a lower player get killed by mobs whilst you flagged and got him low.

Did you read my post?

I'm just 53, grinding alone, with 270AP/DP on AP OH, 250AP/DP on ACC OH. That's strange, I'm still punish by some -----ing carebears who try to steal your XP and wait you to be in -K to be abble to do some cc and let you die by PVE :)

Does I look like a pro-gamer with my +12/+15 gear, quest earrings and rings? :) :)

Posted

Reinstate XP loss, remove chance to break crystals. Probably the best way to go about it.

1 person likes this

Posted

This poll actually doesnt really work. Becouse only the 30% of the population of the game looks the forum.

Posted

Did you read my post?
I'm just 53, grinding alone, with 270AP/DP on AP OH, 250AP/DP on ACC OH. That's strange, I'm still punish by some -----ing carebears who try to steal your XP and wait you to be in -K to be abble to do some cc and let you die by PVE :)

Does I look like a pro-gamer with my +12/+15 gear, quest earrings and rings? :) :)

I did not mean you ;)  Besides its completely pointless to flag and kill ppl now since they will just keep coming back not lozing anything. It's more of a game of chicken, who gets bored first or who leaves first (or just party up ... ).

1 person likes this

Posted

worst change to date.

plus i think the players who are currently celebrating don't understand how this will just change the "grief" meta.  I could just lightning chain a group forever without ever killing anyone, i lose nothing when i die, my goal is not to kill anyone it's just to grief and CC them so they can't grind.

great idea

Posted

Why would you need to defend a grindspot?  change channels...

1 person likes this

Posted

Why would you need to defend a grindspot?  change channels...

Less players in good spots = better XP.

1 person likes this

Posted

Less players in good spots = better XP.

Only if they are not in a party. There's 3 tiers of exp solo, duo and more. So if you are with 3 players already there is no reason not to allow any more to join apart from a little less loot. But since the reason ppl grind there is exp anyway i dont see the problem.

Unless you are a solo and geared anough to clear as fast as a full party but in that case go grind at pirate island scrub.

Posted

Only if they are not in a party. There's 3 tiers of exp solo, duo and more. So if you are with 3 players already there is no reason not to allow any more to join apart from a little less loot. But since the reason ppl grind there is exp anyway i dont see the problem.

Unless you are a solo and geared anough to clear as fast as a full party but in that case go grind at pirate island scrub.

first you ask for them not to PK  you in the grind spot so they start outdamaging you without PKing you.

then you ask them to go somewhere else scrub? 

-----ing carebears!