• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback: "Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP"

Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP   1,784 votes

1. 1. Do you agree or disagree with this change?

• Agree
    • Don't mind/not sure
    • Disagree

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

406 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't understand the point of a system that only punishes PvP winners. Why even keep the karma system in place if you're going to punish the people that win.

1 person likes this

Posted

Anyone else think its comical that they consider it griefing if someone comes in to try and push them out by outfarming them but they don't consider it griefing to spam kill people for xp loss just because they are a bunch of bullies?

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

This poll will be skewered. Only the salty aholes of each server will be coming here to whine. People who are happy with the change will be playing the game.

Edited by Saraneth
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Im not in Futilez, Grind, Hamony or any big Guild. Im in a Guild of like 10 active members,I play max 2 hours a day and at least 5 of those are 50- and i think this change just destroyed the game.

stop talking about " i have real life i cant compete with those guys for a spot " or " im not in a top Guild how can i farm". i have NEVER, and i mean NEVER experienced a single problem finding a spot to level up. U just have to be smart and learn hot to move in a contested grind Area.

Edited by vandervero
1 person likes this

Posted

Most of the negative feedback on this matter is influenced by nolifes/weeaboos/basement dwellers and especially this individual whom is a moderator in a discord channel that has more than 500 people online.

So Daum, please wait for the feedback of the casuals, and you will see that they agree with what you've done so far. Most of us don't ----- and moan about every single patch note, some of us like the game as it is with good and/or bads but we are not just as active on the forums like the nolifes. Just please don't get so influenced because of the no-lifes anymore. Thanks.

So you want Daum to favor the people who spend barely any time in the game? You want to reward the people who barely even play the game? Why reward the casuals who barely invest anything into the game and are WAY more likely to leave?

If you don't believe catering to the casuals is a downfall look at WoW. The game has catered to casuals way too hard and you can see their subscriber base crumble underneath them.

Posted

Reasoning:

1. With this change, there is no reason for the Karma system.
  2. Players will be wasting each other's time more. 
    • 2 groups that want the area will not be able to resolve the conflict, creating more conflict.
    • If unguilded people create conflict, there is absolutely no way to resolve this through an in-game mechanic.
  3. No way to keep griefers in line.

Posted

Needs to be reverted. Makes it so i can go around greifing until almost 0 then re up and go at it again. Makes it unfair to those being ganked that they get penalized and the other person is scott free. Also if this is permanent will i not be allowed to submit a ticket for a refund on pearls for the about dozen tears I used for lvling.

Posted (edited)

quoted wrong thread sorry

Edited by Campana

Posted

Stop making f....g PVE game . If someone dont accept rules of game so QUIT THE GAME !!!!

Posted (edited)

Most of the negative feedback on this matter is influenced by nolifes/weeaboos/basement dwellers and especially this individual whom is a moderator in a discord channel that has more than 500 people online.

The results have been fairly consistent all the way along (roughly 75/25 split). Edit: I've also been advertising it on various topics on the general forum.

Nevertheless, I agree it ought to be a fair poll however strongly I feel about it one way or another. I'm considering advertising it using the Loudspeaker thingy on the server during prime time - that will give everyone a chance to have their say. That way if Daum are going to look at the results of this poll they can be confident it represents the playerbase as a whole (insofar as an unofficial poll is capable of doing so).

Edited by Campana

Posted (edited)

Stop making f....g PVE game . If someone dont accept rules of game so QUIT THE GAME !!!!

These are now the rules. If you cannot accept them, QUIT THE GAME!

Also this game was never marketed as a PVP game in Korea!

Edited by Saraneth
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

They don't need to quit the game. There are "Safe-Zones" for a reason. 0-PvP areas and open battlegrounds for people that ONLY want PvP.

If people really piss me off in game - I will now flag up and kill their horses and wagons. 

Edited by VipeR

Posted

My suggestion: 

1. revive at node -> use elion's tear and do not lose 1%xp OR lose 1% xp (so as it used to be) 

2. revive at town -> do not lose xp

3 people like this

Posted

My suggestion: 

1. revive at node -> use elion's tear and do not lose 1%xp OR lose 1% xp (so as it used to be) 

2. revive at town -> do not lose xp

This is a brilliant suggestion. I really like this.

Posted

These are now the rules. If you cannot accept them, QUIT THE GAME!

A large group of people called the 'hardcores' are going to leave. Which will essentially kill the games core. When you remove the hardcores all you're left with is casuals who really don't care about the game. The casuals come and go, and make barely any investment into the game. Look at WoW for a perfect example of what happens when MMO's cater to the casuals.

Posted

I can see how this change will benefit newer players wishing to further either PVE experience and lvl up their characters without having to worry about PK guilds. This is great for them until they learn the ropes. Personally however, I am not a huge PVPer and I am still not a huge fan of this change. I rather enjoyed the exciting element of having to be mindful of other players in the surrounding environment and it motivated me to want to gear up more and go to the arena to work on improving my PVP techniques.

I don't think it will be as huge of an issue as people are making it out to be though. If players want to discourage others from taking their grind spots, they can simply adapt to mob stealing which will prevent the (dare I say) intruding player from gaining much exp and will discourage them from wanting to stick around anyway due to being constantly harassed. (This however does kill some of the exciting aspects of grinding in what have become dangerous spots.)

PERHAPS the simplest (maybe not from a tech side of view) solution to this problem as seen in many other games would be to apply this patch to half of the servers, thus creating PVE friendly servers / PVP friendly servers. In doing so, the newer players who are discouraged from being PKed would have a chance to lvl up and come back more competitive if and when they feel they are ready to do so. (I'm sure it would be a pain to set up, but it would satisfy both sides of the argument).

Posted (edited)

A large group of people called the 'hardcores' are going to leave. Which will essentially kill the games core. When you remove the hardcores all you're left with is casuals who really don't care about the game. The casuals come and go, and make barely any investment into the game. Look at WoW for a perfect example of what happens when MMO's cater to the casuals.

WoW still has more subs than any other game in history has. Not a good example.

Also the so called HARDCORE group are the vast minority!

Edited by Saraneth

Posted

1. Keep the XP loss on PK-PVP

2. Drop the losses on field bosses so people that play zerkers/tamers/warriors are not forced to make bloody rangers/sorcs to compete for loot!!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Because it's a shitty decision. Like all the decisions DAUM EU makes, when it comes to changes from KR/RU version or release schedules.

All hail PVE trolling and Griefing.

All Hail Rangers getting any spot they want 'cause melee won't ever be able to outfarm a ranger.

Posted

Also the so called HARDCORE groups are the vast minority!

I don't know what proportion of the playerbase is made of up 'hardcore' players - I do think this game will attract them due to the sheer amount of time investment required to progress. However, so far 75% of people disagree with this change.

Posted

Also the so called HARDCORE groups are the vast minority!

WoW has not even half of the subscribers it used to have. It's damning evidence against catering too hard towards casuals. Don't get me wrong I know that casuals are good for a game as they help pad the population. The problem though is without the 'hardcore' the casuals will have nothing to strive for and will quickly grow bored and find something else to play.

Posted

I don't know what proportion of the playerbase is made of up 'hardcore' players - I do think this game will attract them due to the sheer amount of time investment required to progress. However, so far 75% of people disagree with this change.

As I said in a previous post this poll is skewered because the salty people will come here to whine. People happy with the change are playing the game.

Posted

pfff.... very very bad idea if u dont lose experience when u die -.- this game losing that strong start...

why we kill players now ? for lose karma ? this have no sense....

Posted

As I said in a previous post this poll is skewered because the salty people will come here to whine. People happy with the change are playing the game.

Alright well its pointless to have a discussion with you because you're completely ignoring anything I write and making your own conclusions that aren't even based upon what I've stated.