• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback: "Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP"

Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP   1,784 votes

1. 1. Do you agree or disagree with this change?

• Agree
    • Don't mind/not sure
    • Disagree

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

406 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't know what proportion of the playerbase is made of up 'hardcore' players - I do think this game will attract them due to the sheer amount of time investment required to progress. However, so far 75% of people disagree with this change.

According to this new poll started by the ikshadow guy: http://www.strawpoll.me/10368176/r , first it started with 75-25 as you said, but now the 25 is slowly catching up, being atm 64-33, slowly and especially if advertised ingame for the whole mass of the players, the 25 will go even higher, if not, even surpass the 75. This is what I am trying to say, this is a hasty 'NO' when in reality it might be a solid 'YES' if the right people are asked.

1 person likes this

Posted

Alright well its pointless to have a discussion with you because you're completely ignoring anything I write and making your own conclusions that aren't even based upon what I've stated.

Ditto!

Posted (edited)

Look, if you guys were unable to diplomatically solve your problems before, that's your own problem. The only time I've ran into problems with people griefing grind spots was when it was no-lifers that would roll up in a 5 man group of 57+ and 350 gearscores, and just wipe the floor with our group of 55's. That in my opinion wasn't PvP. That was people without lives or jobs just rolling over other players because they were higher level, and had better gear. There's no skill involved when you're getting one shot by their 57 Sorc with 160+ AP.

Daum had to find a middle ground to appease both sides of the community, and while I believe this isn't a perfect solution, its definitely better than it was before.

Edited by helbjorne
3 people like this

Posted

Look, if you guys were unable to diplomatically solve your problems before, that's your own problem. The only time I've ran into problems with people griefing grind spots was when it was no-lifters that would roll up in a 5 man group of 57's and 350 gearscores, and just wipe the floor with our group of 55's. That in my opinion wasn't PvP. That was people without lives or jobs just rolling over other players because they were higher level, and had better gear. There's no skill involved when you're getting one shot by their 57 Sorc with 160+ AP.

Daum had to find a middle ground to appease both sides of the community, and while I believe this isn't a perfect solution, its definitely better than it was before.

So the middle grounds is to punish people for winning PvP battles and being strong enough to hold their location?

Posted

This seems to be a lot about griefers and trolls in particular, as opposed to the people who actually play the game for the fun and enjoy the potential combat. I voted before i'd properly thought it through and read all the arguments for and against, and tbh I can see things from both sides. I understand about there supposedly not being a penalty in the form of xp loss and that people are saying theres just no penalty for killing these griefers over and over again and that you yourself actually get penalised via karma loss. (That part is the same as it is now.) the only difference is the griefer when dying wouldn't lose exp. If he had a few decent gems in his gear that could be destroyed when he dies, then maybe they'd think twice about wanting to lose expensive gems? As the price of these gems is fairly high and also have a decent chance of shattering upon death, maybe daum though that this was penalty enough? I do understand the gem thing is a non issue if the griefer has no gems transfused to actually be destroyed upon death with though.

Posted

So the middle grounds is to punish people for winning PvP battles and being strong enough to hold their location?

So your idea of being a better player is vastly outgearing someone, and relying on your gear to win?

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to understand why people are screaming Carebear.

This change makes defending a grind spot no longer punish the defender.

It still benefits the winner, as the winner can continue grinding and gaining Karma, and if someone keeps attacking you and getting killed by you he will eventually run out of Karma and start losing EXP.

I don't really see anything wrong. Am I missing something here?

Edited by Nurvus

Posted

I'm not sure what game other people are playing but I bought in to BDO because it was described as a hardcore pvp game. Can someone please explain to me how removing a death mechanic that facilitates fight for limited resources is a smart move?

XP is a resource just like silver, gems, loot drops, or Karma. By flagging up and fighting for a spot you are spending karma to try and push another player off a limited resource. With the remove of the Xp loss, the other resource are gained just to slowly to be an effective deterrent. Very few people care about the gems they have in there grinding gear and if they do then most are just to easiest replaced and once lost once in situation you no longer have any reason to not stop coming back and harassing the player who is "winning" at control of the spot.

Random ganking has a penalty of karma loss. This is offset for those fighting for a grind spot as mob kills increase your karma, you have effectively killed and reason to flag up and fight to you spot while not doing shit to stop random ganking.

Increase the karma loss on kill and gain. Force that random ganker to more quickly run out of karma and they will be less able to just kill someone over and over without countering that with farming. Making them literally fight over a limited resource the entire point of this game.

1 person likes this

Posted

This change makes defending a grind spot no longer punish the defender. It still benefits the winner, as the winner can continue grinding and gaining Karma, and if someone keeps trying to kill you and fails he will run out of Karma and start losing EXP.

It takes you <5 minutes to die and run back 5 times, which drains someones karmas from max to 0. You cant continue to grind after that, meaning your efforts to "defend" your spot were useless. 

Posted (edited)

This change makes defending a grind spot no longer punish the defender. It still benefits the winner, as the winner can continue grinding and gaining Karma, and if someone keeps trying to kill you and fails he will run out of Karma and start losing EXP.

Yes. You need to spend loyalty points in order to gain extra karma back. The winner is not benefited because the loser can keep coming back over and over again with no penalty and still interrupt the grinding session.

Edited by Campana

Posted

To all those who support the 0 EXP loss upon PK, you are clearly missing what is so -----ed up about this.

Now, instead of groups/guilds fighting it out over the grind spots where the better group/guild comes out on top, NOBODY WILL BE ABLE TO GRIND AT THE MAIN GRIND SPOTS BECAUSE THERE WILL BE A HUNDRED PPL ALL GOING FOR THE SAME MOBS AND NOBODY FLAGGING. This makes it impossible for anyone to grind efficiently.

I am in no way a hardcore player, and THIS ABSOLUTELY RUINS THE GAME FOR EVERYONE INCLUDING CASUALS.

Just....wow. Cant believe they would implement this change. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Why does everyone assume that karma farming someone who pk's you wasn't a thing before? This patch doesn't affect me in the least because I didn't care about my exp before, I surely don't care now.

If you want to be an aggressive jerk who puffs ups and threatens everyone who comes even remotely near you like a big baboon, I will keep coming back until a) I kill you enough you do the walk of shame or b) I die enough that you do the walk of shame rather then have to farm while perm red.

This patch is just another excuse for people to whine and cry. Pking over a grind spot isn't pvp. The real pvp content isn't even here yet. If you leave over something like this because "It ruins pvp", then you probably shouldn't be here when real pvp comes out anyways.

2 people like this

Posted

10/10 

1 person likes this

Posted

Warning ! Casuals from GW is taking our game ! I see onion in their hairs manipulating the DAUN games

payback refund incomming daum- I wasnt pay for that

Posted

if the problem is that afk fishers are getting pked, just make them immune after 10 minutes of afk fishing instead of breaking the game for those useless tards :3

Posted

if the problem is that afk fishers are getting pked, just make them immune after 10 minutes of afk fishing instead of breaking the game for those useless tards :3

I don't think this is a good enough reason to change the 0 Exp loss feature. When I afk fish I do it in a safe zone - enough of them have Abundant resources that it makes it worthwhile. If you fish in a combat zone then you would either actively be fishing or wiling to take the risk of being PKed.

Posted

Somebody please bring more vials and collect these tears from the big clans.

Daum, if you read this, please consider the fact that most of the whiners at this very moment are the big clans which were the main problem. They would spread across all channels and take the best farming spots leaving place for the casuals, having the top clans fighting for a spot is no option when there's no real competition. Most of the casual players already left because of this, I know this because I had many friends/clan members leave just because of this.

At this moment the votes indicate NO because of a simple reason:

Most of the negative feedback on this matter is influenced by nolifes/weeaboos/basement dwellers and especially this individual whom is a moderator in a discord channel that has more than 500 people online.

So Daum, please wait for the feedback of the casuals, and you will see that they agree with what you've done so far. Most of us don't ----- and moan about every single patch note, some of us like the game as it is with good and/or bads but we are not just as active on the forums like the nolifes. Just please don't get so influenced because of the no-lifes anymore. Thanks.

That's cute, as if the pve community hasn't "moand" for quite some time...

Posted (edited)

It takes you <5 minutes to die and run back 5 times, which drains someones karmas from max to 0. You cant continue to grind after that, meaning your efforts to "defend" your spot were useless. 

You realize you're describing exactly what happens now, except you're describing it from the invader's perspective?

The loser who flagged is the one who currently loses EXP when he dies. So he gets invaded, defends, dies, and gets punished.

With the change, that dude who failed to defend his grindspot can go away without having lost EXP (he already lost the grindspot) or give it a few more tries before he manages to drain someone's karma to 0.

Edited by Nurvus

Posted

Some consructiv Feedback on the KARMA SYSTEM!

If you dont like peneltys in PvP and want to remove them, you should maybe think about removing them for everybody, that way both sides dont loose anything and clearly the one who is stronger in long term will get to keep the spot. No Karma system at all = everyone can fight at any point anywhere and dsnt risk his or enemys EXP/crystals. You can not give the griefing ppl a free pass w/o consequenzes while ppl protectiong grind spots and stuff will get punished for every kill with Karma loss.

3Options to calm the shitstorm:

1.Completely remove Karma System and let everyone flag at any time w/o any penalty.

2.Revert changes

3.Lower the Karma loos from killing by AT LEAST 95%! no more then 6k karma per kill.

Else u will just support griefing.

1 person likes this

Posted

So your idea of being a better player is vastly outgearing someone, and relying on your gear to win?

If that's what makes someone a 'better' player sure. I never specifically said anything about out-gearing people and relying on gear to win. I simply said that it punishes the 'better players' If they're better in terms of gear or skill or levels or whatever its a moot point. The point is this new system punishes the winners, which is pretty ass backwards.

Posted

This is an absolutely terrible change.

If anything there should be higher consequences for stealing spawns and harassment not less.

Posted

Somebody please bring more vials and collect these tears from the big clans.

Daum, if you read this, please consider the fact that most of the whiners at this very moment are the big clans which were the main problem. They would spread across all channels and take the best farming spots leaving place for the casuals, having the top clans fighting for a spot is no option when there's no real competition. Most of the casual players already left because of this, I know this because I had many friends/clan members leave just because of this.

At this moment the votes indicate NO because of a simple reason:

7cb5414147c245dab56e76bd04f4ae4a.pnga394dea0f9d94e0b8ca27e83ebffd5f5.png

Most of the negative feedback on this matter is influenced by nolifes/weeaboos/basement dwellers and especially this individual whom is a moderator in a discord channel that has more than 500 people online.

So Daum, please wait for the feedback of the casuals, and you will see that they agree with what you've done so far. Most of us don't ----- and moan about every single patch note, some of us like the game as it is with good and/or bads but we are not just as active on the forums like the nolifes. Just please don't get so influenced because of the no-lifes anymore. Thanks.

I don't see any sort of vote influence in your evidence. He simply prods people to vote, he doesn't say anywhere  "vote for x" or "vote for y".

Posted

"we need hotfix like now". Get some glasses.

He runs a major pvp guild. What's wrong with him asking his fellow members to cast their vote?