• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback: "Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP"

Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP   1,784 votes

1. 1. Do you agree or disagree with this change?

• Agree
    • Don't mind/not sure
    • Disagree

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

406 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Talk about a way to kill an already dying population Daum. Great idea. *sarcasm*

Edited by Gaijiin

Posted

Daum, ive supported you through all your shit - but this... You -----ed up.

Posted (edited)

The ONLY problem this change brings is players can now just let themselves get killed over and over to drain Karma.

Two solutions:

1 - Remove the Karma penalty for killing (but keep the penalty for attacking).

2 - as suggested in a different thread: Keep EXP loss if you respawn in nearest Node.

No EXP loss if you respawn in nearest TOWN.

Edited by Nurvus

Posted

you guys should be encouraging pvp not diminishing it's effectiveness. This is primarily a OWPVP game. one of the best i might add. dont take this game's niche in the market away from those who bought the game for its niche. revert change please. 

OR at the very least, keep the change but greatly reduce someone's armor durability if they die in pvp causing them to have to leave the scene to go repair so they cant constantly KS grief.

Posted

GJ, now I lose karma for PKing somebody and they lose nothing.  This is the worst change since the game has launched.  Welcome to karma grief desert online.  On the right path to killing your game, delaying sieges/node wars for months and now 0 reason to even do open world PvP. 

see ya dead game

Posted

Spot taken, please kill me...

Posted

Good change. Only the cancer will quit this game.

1 person likes this

Posted

roll this change back immediately. This essentially makes the pvp in this game practically useless.

Posted

Best change ever, now all the PKer are crying. We want to enjoy the game after a hard day of work and dont want end up being killed all evening long. makes the karma system finally worth. but if they redo it, how about an EXP lose of 2-3% if your karma is below 0.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm trying to understand why people are screaming Carebear.

This change makes defending a grind spot no longer punish the defender.

It still benefits the winner, as the winner can continue grinding and gaining Karma, and if someone keeps attacking you and getting killed by you he will eventually run out of Karma and start losing EXP.

I don't really see anything wrong. Am I missing something here?

Because they don't actually flag up they'll just come in and kill your mobs and get ahead of your rotations meaning you have to flag up to get rid of them which is no longer viable as a deterrent.

Posted

You have one week before we start the chargebacks, Daum

Posted (edited)

Best change ever, now all the PKer are crying. We want to enjoy the game after a hard day of work and dont want end up being killed all evening long. makes the karma system finally worth. but if they redo it, how about an EXP lose of 2-3% if your karma is below 0.

LETS INTRODUCE more exp when you hit a mob with more than 5 people!!!! LETS allow 20 people in 1 party instead of 5!! LET all the pkers lose 10% on death!! 

go play another game this is never whats promised and or advertised...

Edited by Boyka

Posted (edited)

This is the problem between PvP & PvE players in gaming in general.

I have been gaming for a long time, and i believe how BDO is balancing this PvP-PvE is probably the best i have seen so far.
And from my experience on gaming this is what i have always noticed and said......

Now im not speaking for all the PvP'ers, just about the 80 - 90% of them.
MOST of them all think they are good at PvP'ers because they sat down and spent most of their time playing learning the battle mechanics of the game.
Now,
On the other hand, all the other players in games are PvE'ers that spend most of their time and energy learning the game and couldnt care less about perfecting their toons powers etc... they would rather do other things like doing the amity games, or trading, or gathering, quests etc...

Here is what i know and this is FACT, not opinion.

Most PvP'ers in general couldnt PvP if their life depended on it. Players think that if you are a pro PvP'er, by picking off PvE players. Now with BDO and their notion to punish those so called PRO PvP'ers that hunt the PvE'ers of them game, those fake PvP'ers i like to call them, now come here on the forums and whinge and whine about the changes, lol! ty for being entertaining.

Me personally i think your lucky that this all the changes they made, if i were the BDO game designer i would make the punishment more severe to those PvP'ers that enjoy ganking PvE/Casual players, and what i would implement would separate the boys from the men.

I would have it that IF a PvP flags down on a PvE player and the PvE players ends up winning the battle, then that PvP'er would have a 50 to 60% chance of loosing 30% of all their items to the PvE player.
Because as i have seen on many, many occasions, most try hard PvP'ers would think twice about flagging down upon other PvE players, if the stakes were higher, BUT a true proper PRO PvP'er wouldnt care about that % loss, as he/she is that good at PvP that they would never loose.

But anyhow, thank you for letting me to enjoy the try hard PvP'ers carry on and whinge as this is very entertaining for me to read.

Good work DAUM, on incorporating this new patch!

:D:D:D 

Edited by CombatKiller

Posted

Never noticed it -_-

Well the only time I died from getting ganked was immediately after leveling, so maybe that's why.

So you yelled in all caps about something you had no clue about?

Dismiss yourself now sir.

Posted

This is a crappy change, bute people are once again complaining without thinking.

If a player is griefing you buy AoE-ing all your mobs, make him play, simply. Flag for PvP, attack him once to initiate combat, let him kill you. You will lose a bit of karma for initiating combat, he will lose a lot of karma for killing you (and/or your party members). 

He will either drop low enough to lose exp from dying or will leave the spot before that happens.

Love how this guy comes in trying to sound smart saying people not thinking and gets smacked down! Hilarious.

Posted (edited)

This is the problem between PvP & PvE players in gaming in general.

I have been gaming for a long time, and i believe how BDO is balancing this PvP-PvE is probably the best i have seen so far.
And from my experience on gaming this is what i have always noticed and said......

Now im not speaking for all the PvP'ers, just about the 80 - 90% of them.
MOST of them all think they are good at PvP'ers because they sat down and spent most of their time playing learning the battle mechanics of the game.
Now,
On the other hand, all the other players in games are PvE'ers that spend most of their time and energy learning the game and couldnt care less about perfecting their toons powers etc... they would rather do other things like doing the amity games, or trading, or gathering, quests etc...

Here is what i know and this is FACT, not opinion.

Most PvP'ers in general couldnt PvP if their life depended on it. Players think that if you are a pro PvP'er, by picking off PvE players. Now with BDO and their notion to punish those so called PRO PvP'ers that hunt the PvE'ers of them game, those fake PvP'ers i like to call them, now come here on the forums and whinge and whine about the changes, lol! ty for being entertaining.

Me personally i think your lucky that this all the changes they made, if i were the BDO game designer i would make the punishment more severe to those PvP'ers that enjoy ganking PvE/Casual players, and what i would implement would separate the boys from the men.

I would have it that IF a PvP flags down on a PvE player and the PvE players ends up winning the battle, then that PvP'er would have a 50 to 60% chance of loosing 30% of all their items to the PvE player.
Because as i have seen on many, many occasions, most try hard PvP'ers would think twice about flagging down upon other PvE players, if the stakes were higher, BUT a true proper PRO PvP'er wouldnt care about that % loss, as he/she is that good at PvP that they would never loose.

But anyhow, thank you for letting me to enjoy the try hard PvP'ers carry on and whinge as this is very entertaining for me to read.

Good work DAUM, on incorporating this new patch!

:D:D:D 

Yea man so all the work people put in grinding and gearing up, practicing combos to be good and use every aspect of PVP in this game gets completely pointless, you carebears have shitloads of grindspots if u even wanna grind that is.. because if you are so casual and dont care about competative gameplay why I find all of you at the main spot @ sausans now eh?

Edited by Boyka

Posted

With this change you kill the pvp part of this game. Many people will leave, starting with my whole guild. Now change it back and take our money ! This game is great, don't push your core players (or "clients" i should say) outside by changing what makes it so fun to play... and what we paid for.

Posted

I kinda agree with the move. I mean, I would have preferred PvP with less emphasis on player level/gear, but I guess that is the next best thing they could do in order to actually endorse PvP. Right now PvP success is tightly coupled to the access to farming spots. Before this change top tier players/guilds had almost exclusive access to these spots. Meaning their PvP success and thus exclusive access to these farming spots was cemented.
Competition for these spots was basically dead, and so was meaningful PvP. Maybe now the resource for meaningful PvP can be better accessed by a wider audience, which in turn could increase the meaning of PvP in this game. Of course, I see how some top tier grinders might feel offended by this change, because they now have to work more for those grinding spots or god forbid share them xD
But I really doubt they are going to quit over this change. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Why dont we just take that  change and set it to "unflagged Players killed in PvP wont lose EXP" So you dont lose something if you get ambushed out of nowhere, but are still in danger of loosing EXP, if you try to win your spot back and vice versa.

So you can make sure that the peaceful player wont get a debuff, like if you loose, no matter what, you will think twice ambushing an other player, cause you are the one getting kicked in the arse and on the same way, you can kill full autism trolls, trying to ----- your shit up and flagging.

sorry for bad english, not my native tongue D:

Edited by Gaspard

Posted

I kinda agree with the move. I mean, I would have preferred PvP with less emphasis on player level/gear, but I guess that is the next best thing they could do in order to actually endorse PvP. Right now PvP success is tightly coupled to the access to farming spots. Before this change top tier players/guilds had almost exclusive access to these spots. Meaning their PvP success and thus exclusive access to these farming spots was cemented.
Competition for these spots was basically dead, and so was meaningful PvP. Maybe now the resource for meaningful PvP can be better accessed by a wider audience, which in turn could increase the meaning of PvP in this game. Of course, I see how some top tier grinders might feel offended by this change, because they now have to work more for those grinding spots or god forbid share them xD
But I really doubt they are going to quit over this change. 

Share... u kidding me? This encourages to all just disband and play in harmony (not the guild) together wich is fcking boring if u tell me.

Posted

As a hardcore PVP member of Veritas I would like say every play style has its right to enjoy the game. However, this implementation now holds more power over the PVP player than someone who would prefer to not. The person who does not care to PVP now simply waits for the Karma of the PVP player to run out harassing them until they hope the PVP player leaves the area to them. This is harassment. It is not winning your right to a place to grind or play. This game is built on siege play and winning a territory, which we do not have yet. Taking this away totally undermines the core of the game: PVP to gain a better PVE spot, develop your PVE to expand PVP play time. I think this balancing act has tipped to far to reward harassment of players who are willing to go deep into the game play.

Posted

I'm a pve player and I disagree with this change. I would grab an area, defend it, and grind. I simply wouldn't go take an area from someone already grinding, I'd try to share. That is true pve aspect. Not this carebear bullshit. This change just encouraged people not to separate into their own little areas and play nicely. It amped up the asshole meter by 100 clicks. Griefers were bad, this is worse because it essentially is a way to let -anyone- be a griefer and feel entitled. People should have to work for things, including grinding spots. People cannot tell me its impossible to do if people 'own' grinding spots, because I have an entire guild of 50+ geared pve players who did it. Handing shit out to some kids who feel entitled is the worst thing that can happen to a game. Now even being a pve player I can't defend my spot. I won't have people sticking to their areas. I'll continually have my time lagged down by them going, "Screw it, don't lose anything, let me ruin her day even though the area is big enough for the both of us." That is what this change encourages on a far greater scale than causing that ONE guy to share a spot. Now, instead of trying to get that one pvper to share an area, you have a dozen trolls. And trust me, those trolls will come and haunt the carebears promoting this crap too.

Posted

Share... u kidding me? This encourages to all just disband and play in harmony (not the guild) together wich is fcking boring if u tell me.

Even when "sharing" a spot, the one with the better gear makes more kills thus more EXP. Anyway it certainly is a more balanced concept for access to EXP resources compared to before. I mean, what competition did top tier guilds have before the change? Practically none. When they did so called PvP it was a very one sided rounding up of everyone else. And I would not exactly call this meaningful PvP.

Posted

Well as PvEr myself think that the change is great as the Karma system was implemented to Avoid PK situations.

Now let me tell why exactly it was logical the exp penalty was removed, because there were still some sad no lifers who killed even players that were simply afk.

On the other hand I'm not sure if I was a PvPer if I would consider this change fair. You could look at it like, hey I want to claim this grinding spot, for this I need to be an ass, so it's fair I lose karma for it. But there's also the part where the new system can be abused by players who steal mobs which I hate aswell.

I agree with the change only 50%, but it still needs improvement. Okay, this is a PvP game, fair enough, but keep in mind open world PvP with class and gear imbalance between players is Unfair PvP.

Posted (edited)

Seriously im happy with the changes. Most people here complaining are the top geared players abusing the PK system to drive you off a spot, kill you and then the oger you were fighting and so on. why should i be punished for such behaviour? most people flag on you since they know you get punished on top of the death, they are happy to ruin your gameplay cause they enjoy being rude.

why do people think everything belongs to them just cause they got the better gear? and thats exactly the point, as weaker player it makes no sense to me to turn red on someone being way better equipped. not even to drive them off a level spot since theres enough for everyone.

i wish people would drop their selfish behaviour in mmorpgs like it was years ago... today its only mine mine mine but hey sharing is careing.

with the exp punishment there was no reason for me to pvp for fun, not if i get punished for it. a game should be about fun and not like ohh a lower player lets pk him/her and take his/her mob and then laugh about him/her cause he/she died and lost exp on top of it! pk'ers were always the griefers not the ones being pk'ed!

If pvp'ers think pvp is only about fighting over mob spots and to be happy about the killed player gets also punished for being killed then most of you guys have never  played a pvp game.

Thumbs up Daum, thank you for this!

p.s: dear pk'ers dont be sad, you guys got a 50% karma boost on the loyality store now. ;)

Edited by Jeanina
1 person likes this