• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PvP BDO COMPETITION! -- REWARD $100 Worth of in game pearls

20 posts in this topic

Posted

This is in response to a lot of players CLAIMING, yes thats right CLAIMING, that Black Desert Online is ONLY a PvP ONLY GAME.

Well im putting my $$$ where my mouth is,

How to win
In order to win this $100 prize of pearls, please provide HARDCORE evidence that was written or claimed from any developer or DAUM representative where they have claimed or stated that this game Black Desert Online is a PvP ONLY based game, and ill personally put $100 worth of pearls on your account!!!

SHOW ME THE PROOF ! ! !

Post your evidence in this forum thread and ill put the $$$ into your account, its that easy.....

Posted

This game is not a PvE game
This game is not a PvP game

It's both, they are both intertwined.

Posted

Black Desert Online is a PVP game and CombatKiller's thread is shit

Posted

eh? they never said it was a pvp only game nor a pve only game

it was clearly stated it was a pvx game since the start 

not long ago they also stated that for the game to function at its core, a pve and pvp habitat is need hence why we cannot  have pve and pvp servers.

Posted

I didn't see it advertised anywhere like Albion Online that it was a hardcore PvP game

Posted

Extrapolation and inference based on the end game content.

Posted

I didn't see it advertised anywhere like Albion Online that it was a hardcore PvP game

It might be a hardcore PvP game, but the graphics and all platform playability totally kill it for me. click to move here, click to move there (or hold mouse), it's the same reason I will probably pass on Liniege Eternal, if i wanted to play a tablet touch screen game on my PC I would just play it on a tablet.

Posted

Got news for you brah.

Gifting pearls was disabled long time ago.

Unless you want my username and pass to log in to my account and put it there lol.

He can send you the money -.-

Posted (edited)

http://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/features.cfm?read=10881&game=944&ismb=1

This flat out says that sieges/node wars are the core of the game. 

that said, even the most hardcore of PVP games generally have a pve aspect. You can't PVP  in this game without doing the PVE. 

Do I win? :0

Edited by tortilla

Posted

There isn't one MMORPG player that wants a PvP only game. Not even the hardest core of PvPers. I prefer PvP over PvE but I need a good PvE system for PvP to be most enjoyable. These types of peoples aren't playing MMORPGs, they are playing FPS games or Survival. 

This is not the same for PvErs. They want PvP as far divided from their system. This game is a PvP/PvE combination game. No developer will say they are targeting one or the other group because they want everyone playing their game.

Posted

There isn't one MMORPG player that wants a PvP only game. Not even the hardest core of PvPers. I prefer PvP over PvE but I need a good PvE system for PvP to be most enjoyable. These types of peoples aren't playing MMORPGs, they are playing FPS games or Survival. 

This is not the same for PvErs. They want PvP as far divided from their system. This game is a PvP/PvE combination game. No developer will say they are targeting one or the other group because they want everyone playing their game.

I thought thats what camelot unchained was supposed to be

Posted

End game is PVP... all roads lead to pvp.. PVP ONLY would be call of duty.

Posted (edited)

that said, even the most hardcore of PVP games generally have a pve aspect. You can't PVP  in this game without doing the PVE. 

i wonder where the concept came that u cannot pvp in game without pve it's not a true fact 

u could theoretically drop all u need from other players(pvping) or you could have pvp quest you could advance as form of ranking in PVP and not level and u could gate the pvp depending on rank so a high rank cannot fight a low rank in order to avoid "easy" farming

same could lower XP-PVP depending on eachohter ranking problem would be the availability of players as PVE is always there always ready for you no matter the time PVP depend on other people time.

honestly is bullshit that PVP cannot exist without PVE, BUT the true is a PVP only game would not sell much if at all because PVP player are mostly anti social jerk and they would ruin each-other experience as soon as they see an advantage in it

on the other hand pve player are social animals as they like to "make thing easier" and group and share stuff PVE is a cooperative type of game that easily create a sense of community

I personally like PVP game but I reconize most of the pvper are jerk (pk player in primis) and they would, on the long term, kill any attempt to form a social experience based only on PVP

to play a PVP "only" game you need a very mature audience that understand morality and honor in order to form effective entertaining communities

Overall experience like SAO (the anime) are possible only when as you see in the cartoon the jerk are VERY few in number and very isolated but the majority of player play in a positive/friendly/social way they could kill each other but they would NEVER do they rather help then kill even if kill would give them much more advantage (money/power)

All i see in the PVP world on line are asshole that want to kill everything and everybody just because they are very frustrated they need to prove themselves they are not looser in real life and with no interest to socialize whatsoever this make IMPOSSIBLE to program a PVP only game the public doesn't exist that can play it the "Right" way

Edited by NgocTu

Posted

i wonder where the concept came that u cannot pvp in game without pve it's not a true fact 

u could theoretically drop all u need from other players(pvping) or you could have pvp quest you could advance as form of ranking in PVP and not level and u could gate the pvp depending on rank so a high rank cannot fight a low rank in order to avoid "easy" farming

same could lower XP-PVP depending on eachohter ranking problem would be the availability of players as PVE is always there always ready for you no matter the time PVP depend on other people time.

honestly is bullshit that PVP cannot exist without PVE, BUT the true is a PVP only game would not sell much if at all because PVP player are mostly anti social jerk and they would ruin each-other experience as soon as they see an advantage in it

on the other hand pve player are social animals as they like to "make thing easier" and group and share stuff PVE is a cooperative type of game that easily create a sense of community

I personally like PVP game but I reconize most of the pvper are jerk (pk player in primis) and they would, on the long term, kill any attempt to form a social experience based only on PVP

to play a PVP "only" game you need a very mature audience that understand morality and honor in order to form effective entertaining communities

Overall experience like SAO (the anime) are possible only when as you see in the cartoon the jerk are VERY few in number and very isolated but the majority of player play in a positive/friendly/social way they could kill each other but they would NEVER do they rather help then kill even if kill would give them much more advantage (money/power)

All i see in the PVP world on line are asshole that want to kill everything and everybody just because they are very frustrated they need to prove themselves they are not looser in real life and with no interest to socialize whatsoever this make IMPOSSIBLE to program a PVP only game the public doesn't exist that can play it the "Right" way

I just want the $100. :(

Posted

Unfortunately mmorpg.com is not affiliated with Daum.

Posted

I just want the $100. :(

get a job

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately mmorpg.com is not affiliated with Daum.

however, Daum is Daum, and this was an interview with Daum, at MMORPG.

get a job

what does my employment status have to do with wanting a free $100?

Edited by tortilla

Posted

however, Daum is Daum, and this was an interview with Daum, at MMORPG.

what does my employment status have to do with wanting a free $100?

My bad, I finally looked at it now that I'm not at work.

It's about Valencia not the entire game =(

Don't worry, I'm rooting for you to get that hundo.

get a job

I have a job and I'd jump at a free $100.

1 person likes this

Posted

My bad, I finally looked at it now that I'm not at work.
It's about Valencia not the entire game =(

Don't worry, I'm rooting for you to get that hundo.

I have a job and I'd jump at a free $100.

well, the important bit of the interview is where it talks about the core of the game being sieges and nose wars (PVP). Valencia article or not, he wanted something that shows Daum stating this game is a hardcore PVP game. With the core of the game itself being PVP, its best I could toss in for free money from a stranger in a rigged forum game. :D

Posted

No.