• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback - EXP Penalty Removal from PvP

5,205 posts in this topic

Posted

Bring back the XP loss and remove Tears from the pearl store. so the so called PvP community can't save themselves from losing anything when dieing.

Id be down for this :)

Posted

I agree... carebears will do anything to destroy this game, like they do with every game.

This is not the carebears... this is the pvp'ers wanting it reverted.....

Posted

PVP and fighting for contested spawns isnt destroying the game. lol

the penalizing people for doing so... IS

Posted

Bring back the XP loss and remove Tears from the pearl store. so the so called PvP community can't save themselves from losing anything when dieing.

Or better yet, keep the changes but make it so you can't respawn at the node if killed by another player.

Posted

Or better yet, keep the changes but make it so you can't respawn at the node if killed by another player.

And drop karma for those killed by 30k for being pkd, to prevent them from going back to the same spot again over and over harassing an entire group.

Posted

He was linking the strawpoll bot, saying "damn carebears" 
But the bot is voting on the poll saying "revert changes" 

Posted

Tyvm Daum :D

Posted (edited)

Hardcore players feel entitled to everything, they want to have the best farm spots, gear and highest level. I for one think this is a good change, not saying it's the best solution. There are plenty of ways people can be punished but not by XP loss. 

Do you understand what entitled means? When you fight and "no life grind 24/7" to have the gear and level to hold your spot, that's not being entitled. When you think you deserve something you're too weak to fight for, so you go ----- and whine on the forums until DAUM changes it in your favor, that's entitlement.

Edited by Lufaine

Posted

Nah, the tear thing would make "top kek pvp pro nolifers" whine even more than they do now, so I'd absolutely love it!

Posted

you are right ... and now since they removed the penalties for people trying to contest your spots ... PvP will THRIVE!

But i know, please dont tell people that before the patch normal people were afraid to contest a spot since they had SO MUCH MORE to lose!

They didnt have the best spots in the game, they needed 5 hours for 1% xp while you made 50% xp. FOr them losing 1% was HUGE, they got penalised HUGE!

But that is the truth no careabear whiner like yourself wants to admit!

Before the patch, the majority of the people were penalised for PvP.

Now it is only the minority, and only if they want the best spot for themself.

But im glad you can finally see that this time is over. PvP can finally start to happen!

Posted

Do you understand what entitled means? When you fight and "no life grind 24/7" to have the gear and level hold your spot, that's not being entitled. When you think you deserve something you're too weak to fight for, so you go ----- and whine on the forums until DAUM changes it in your favor, that's entitlement.

So then they are entitled or at least think so, since all we see now is how they whine about a change not in their favor ;)

Posted

except that bot doesnt work at all. lol

Posted

And drop karma for those killed by 30k for being pkd, to prevent them from going back to the same spot again over and over harassing an entire group.

No. Karma exists to punish the PK, not the player who gets PK'ed.

The karma penalty in our version is already extremely lenient for PKs in comparison to KR, and there is now the +50% karma gain for 1 hour scrolls.

Posted

Do you understand what entitled means? When you fight and "no life grind 24/7" to have the gear and level hold your spot, that's not being entitled. When you think you deserve something you're too weak to fight for, so you go ----- and whine on the forums until DAUM changes it in your favor, that's entitlement.

correct, and now all those that are too "weak to fight for" the best spot have to share it.

If you are too weak and fear dieng you cant fight for it!

Posted

except that bot doesnt work at all. lol

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you tested it.. ;) you want it reverted too then?

Posted

Sounds like that player was the type who enjoyed the benefits of the previous system if he was able to screw up multiple group's rotations singlehandedly. Meaning you ran into a child who is now throwing a tantrum in an attempt to get their little domination kingdom they'd lost back.

Nope. This guy was a griefer before the change. I've encountered him multiple times. He does it on purpose and enjoyed it. However, before there was at least a limit to how much he would continue to do so cause of the penalty (excluding that time he was at 0%). I'd seen him use tears before at times. I've encountered them while they were IN a guild, then after they were either kicked or left that guild multiple times. Same thing happened everytime, except this time he stayed forever, enjoying the fact that he could screw around with EVERYONE in the area without care until they were forced to leave if they wanted to grind decently.

Posted

you are right ... and now since they removed the penalties for people trying to contest your spots ... PvP will THRIVE!

But i know, please dont tell people that before the patch normal people were afraid to contest a spot since they had SO MUCH MORE to lose!

They didnt have the best spots in the game, they needed 5 hours for 1% xp while you made 50% xp. FOr them losing 1% was HUGE, they got penalised HUGE!

But that is the truth no careabear whiner like yourself wants to admit!

Before the patch, the majority of the people were penalised for PvP.

Now it is only the minority, and only if they want the best spot for themself.

But im glad you can finally see that this time is over. PvP can finally start to happen!

um... your math is bad I get less than 1% an hour at sausan lol

We arent a minority. That all said... if youre ok with NO penalties... lets remove karma :)

Posted

all PVE whiners needs to go back to wow and leave bdo alone. I did not sign up for a pve griefing simulator.

Posted

They should remove penalties like exp loss and gem loss when you have negative karma, to make it fair.

Posted

Yes, but you can basically assuming that anyone that's level 50 and is even near your mobs is attempting to grief you - in which case they'll hardly care about exp loss anyways correct? Anyone that is closer to your level will have a legitimate reason to be there, but will also take exp loss from a scaled exp loss method.

I can't really think of any scenarios where the item drop percent would be an issue. Almost everyone one-shots Shadow Knights and Skeletons, Ogres aren't an issue because there's so few of them, low levels are not going to pirate island or Sausans.

It was an exageration as I said, but a more realistic scenario, a group of 55-56's on sausan mainspot, can be driven out just by a group or single player, they single lone dude wont be efficiant, but he can render them not getting exp more or less, to get him away normally they would flag and kill him, he would not take that risk, now he can fly face first in at no risk, drive them out by ruining their exp gain. 

Then he wins. that is why people are so pissed off. And sausans is FILLED to the brim with 51-53's it is theming with them and always have, not solo sure, but now the groups of these people can just go waltz into anywhere and no one can do anything, that was already the case last night and it was hilarious to look at... sad, but hilarious.

As I mentioned to the other guy, lvl has got nothing to do, poke a mob and the exp they get is reduced, a lot. to the point where at 54 and above you kind of might as well go kill mudsters at the ruins of glish for the same gain :P 

As I mentioned it affects exp by far most, but if I oneshot people just as well as you, and I fly into your shrine packs, what would you do? Just accept that you get a lower amount of kills? or if you're grinding exp would you truly like that I would be able to halter your exp gain so drastically it would be pointless? I'm not griefing, my goal is to drive you out of the spot. that is how people now think, and that is how many many people already started doing last night, its the new valid tactic... and its utterly horrid

1 person likes this

Posted

all PVE whiners needs to go back to wow and leave bdo alone. I did not sign up for a pve griefing simulator.

Wow has better PvP than this.. why don't you go there? :)

Posted

My reply was not to you, but i will respond to your reply anyway.

When it comes to games like this, i play them for years. UO.. full open world pvp... likely played it longer than youve been gaming in your entirety. Everquest, years...

that aside, I will be here long after most of the whiner casuals are gone. Patience? integrity? Where did i show lack of either? When it comes to adaptation and durability, you dont think ive already worked around their bs change, to make it even worse on the people who try to screw with us? :)

The bullies are the ones coming in and rudely pushing into spawns that are clearly taken and being farmed. If fresh bloods are sitting in the current endgame areas, they are in the wrong place.

I dont advocate smashing horse trainers, or fishers. I dont advocate going to low level areas and griefing the fresh level 50s. I do advocate an even playing field when it comes to combat over high end contested spots in the game. You dont get to penalize me for fighting for the spot I am in, while not penalizing them for trying to invade it. Welcome to bdo.

no you won't. if all my previous gaming have proven anything, you're the type of player who quits over small fights or changes that only affect your type like this.

gonna laugh if this is how it goes.

few days passes by, everyone forgets about this and forum goes back to focusing on 'NERF SORC' and 'where's ninja/valencia' 'when's awakening?' threads.

while, others and I will continue enjoying griefing and slowing your no life progress. 

get mad, sad, quit and no one will miss waifuhunters.

Posted

I want it reverted also, the loss of exp should stay!

Posted

I want it reverted also, the loss of exp should stay!

Good luck then.

Posted

no you won't. if all my previous gaming have proven anything, you're the type of player who quits over small fights or changes that only affect your type like this.

gonna laugh if this is how it goes.

few days passes by, everyone forgets about this and forum goes back to focusing on 'NERF SORC' and 'where's ninja/valencia' 'when's awakening?' threads.

while, others and I will continue enjoying griefing and slowing your no life progress. 

get mad, sad, quit and no one will miss waifuhunters.

lmao. Youre just another nonfactor, that doesnt mean anything in the grand scheme of things picky :)

You however cant grief me, as I dont grind xp at this point in the game. You however, will see how quickly this game changes after nodewars, as you fall further and faster behind. <3

And Id just get you killed by mobs, and know youre raging out for losing gems and xp lol