• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback - EXP Penalty Removal from PvP

5,205 posts in this topic

Posted

thank you. Mods can you please look into this method for griefing afks? 

grow a backbone and stop asking for mod intervention. That is what led to all the griefing in the first place, which led to the change, which has led to more griefing and requests for mod intervention.

Posted

i not talking about grinding xp per hour I'm talking about if u pvp another person u get part of the xp that person loses. not the dam mob wars that happen cause of the areas being over farm cause the xp event.

Posted

Death by player

Respawn node: 30 %

Respawn town: 5%

Respawn with karma: no

Death by mob:

Respawn node and town: 30%

Respawn with karma: no

Personally my view strays from the most as I already found losing 1% to be very very mild, one of the biggest reasons I personally LOVE bdo, or, loved... was the risk and reward. I could not just fly at people, without risking a lot of things, and I could not do anything outside a town without the looming risk.

The risk is something that makes people adapt and play differently from the start, with risk you become a better player by default, and you think differently about everything. Some might struggle to adapt to it, but that should not be a burden for the rest. 

And while some people have "real lives" we all do, most of the highly geared 320 combined stats people in my guild have full jobs, kids, pregnant wives, houses and all of the goodstuff.. I'm behind at only 295 and i'm with a full job too :P I have one 56 and 2 more at 52+. Life skills are getting fairly high too. its my hobby and I play smart and try to not waste to much time dillydallying.

For me, I oneshot mobs just as much as your next person, but now, pushing people out of a item grind spot is easier than ever, just pretend to be "weak" and make sure I only get a few kills, make their route inefficient, long and having to wait for respawn, and half kill packs to look like a noob and let them attack, repeat, they get salty, but once they fall into my trap while I farm, they end up having to leave, or go red, one poor soul already lost enhancements on his gear and got verily angry :P

For exp, witchy witchy ruin peoples exp on pirates like a champ. 

It would have been better to change other aspects of this if it truly was such a big issue, to maintain the risk factor of the game, to maintain that both parties have a risk factor when going into the world, right now, there is not a single reason to flag up and you might as well remove that ability overall, it simply is not needed anymore, and theres truly not one single reason I can think of that has use of flagging anymore. and its a shame. the risk of players, the survivability, is out the window more or less, previously gvg did not have penalties, but now figthing to maintain a farm route to be effective is simply put pointless (can't war guidless people, and smaller guilds, and its probably and sadly just a question about when penalties will be mega harsh in gvg too because some poorly geared people can't avoid it...)

yes i'm salty, its a pointless change that exp loss, in one go removed a HUGE risk factor of the game is gone, you don't need to keep a fixed eye on the minimap anymore kinda and you certainly don't need to be carefull, just plow forth regardless. :|

Posted

Personally my view strays from the most as I already found losing 1% to be very very mild, one of the biggest reasons I personally LOVE bdo, or, loved... was the risk and reward. I could not just fly at people, without risking a lot of things, and I could not do anything outside a town without the looming risk.

The risk is something that makes people adapt and play differently from the start, with risk you become a better player by default, and you think differently about everything. Some might struggle to adapt to it, but that should not be a burden for the rest. 

And while some people have "real lives" we all do, most of the highly geared 320 combined stats people in my guild have full jobs, kids, pregnant wives, houses and all of the goodstuff.. I'm behind at only 295 and i'm with a full job too :P I have one 56 and 2 more at 52+. Life skills are getting fairly high too. its my hobby and I play smart and try to not waste to much time dillydallying.

For me, I oneshot mobs just as much as your next person, but now, pushing people out of a item grind spot is easier than ever, just pretend to be "weak" and make sure I only get a few kills, make their route inefficient, long and having to wait for respawn, and half kill packs to look like a noob and let them attack, repeat, they get salty, but once they fall into my trap while I farm, they end up having to leave, or go red, one poor soul already lost enhancements on his gear and got verily angry :P

It would have been better to change other aspects of this if it truly was such a big issue, to maintain the risk factor of the game, to maintain that both parties have a risk factor when going into the world, right now, there is not a single reason to flag up and you might as well remove that ability overall, it simply is not needed anymore, and theres truly not one single reason I can think of that has use of flagging anymore. and its a shame. the risk of players, the survivability, is out the window more or less, previously gvg did not have penalties, but now figthing to maintain a farm route to be effective is simply put pointless (can't war guidless people, and smaller guilds, and its probably and sadly just a question about when penalties will be mega harsh in gvg too because some poorly geared people can't avoid it...)

yes i'm salty, its a pointless change that exp loss, in one go removed a HUGE risk factor of the game is gone, you don't need to keep a fixed eye on the minimap anymore kinda and you certainly don't need to be carefull, just plow forth regardless. :|

+1 . My words. Risk vs rewards is missing now. I loved fighting over grinding spots with risk of lossing some exp, even im 56 and death at this lvl hurts, it was fun. shame they ruined it.

Posted

how about the make it a option to lose or keep ur xp so both party's are happy if u want to keep ur xp not be flagged. but if u want to lose ur xp be flagged and the winner gains some of the losers xp. there ur risk reward and those of use that don't care to lose xp get are no xp lost.

Posted

If there was even a bot (which there isnt, that screenshot is fabricated, you can make an exact duplicate using Excel or A database programme btw), the total number of votes would be MUCH higher on BOTH sides. However the total number of votes is extremely low, if people were botting votes the the told number of votes would be vastly higher.

Or people use the TOR browser and make a new Identity ever single time, making it a manual process.

Posted

Just stop crying change was needed and is welcomed, all those that are now crying and saying no risk anymore, no meaningful  pvp, no more grinding at sausans....... all those are wearing ghilly suits !!! how the hell can you pretend to be fighting for optimum exp reward grinding with a ghilly on ?

ghilly = pearls but instead of the +10% exp thing you took the anonymity and gathering and stealth thing.....

so that says it all, all you are saying now is null and irrelevant, you are all griefers that were delighting them-self in the pleasure to torment weaker players, now you can still get to torment them but not to have them suffer and so you cry, good, very well done Daum

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think the karma 2.0 system is even going to be worked on before the end of the year, the devs are too busy with the remaining awakens and the end of year balance, and new content. I'm thinking karma 2.0 would come in first quarter 2017 at best.

At max if the QQing works I see the xp penalty being added but with 200k karma reduction on pk as was originally designed.

And then the xp penalty would be removed again by Valencia part 2.

Posted

can u like not put ur % in my quote bro.

Posted (edited)

can u like not put ur % in my quote bro.

Why not?

Without risk the game is just like any other random risk free MMO, the 0% exp should not be a thing at all

Edited by Kezha
1 person likes this

Posted

Ok. So the carebears know how to manipulate the poll. They showed it. So in fact we have more votes ;)

Posted

Why not?

Without risk the game is just like any other random risk free MMO, the 0% exp should not be a thing at all

Or they could drop unequipped items/silver% from inventory, id be fine with that.

Posted (edited)

The poll is slowly going towards 50/50... they are not going to change this back :/ 

Edited by Valtzu

Posted

The poll is slowly going towards 50/50... they are not going to change this back :/ 

why do you think they've been ignoring these complainers for past 2 days now. this is how its in KR and this is how it was planned to be in NA/EU. 

Posted

All you casual players who like the change you will leave this damn game anyway when the next big mmo comes out.

The guilds who take this game serious and wanna stay and play for years getting screwed over.

Alot of top guilds and top layers already quit and moved to russian server even with all the pay2win. Cause they see this western daum team are carebears and we will get more of those stupid updates.

Fire this fakking daum team and hire me !!!!!

Posted

I wasn't able to play for quite some time, but would be able to start again in a week or two. Well now that i seen this change, i probably won't install BDO...

This change will make the game pretty boring imo. The fun in grinding was the occasional pvp and the times when you had to defend your grindspot, at least for me.

Posted

Surprise! even plebeian casuals can use vote bots.

I wasn't able to play for quite some time, but would be able to start again in a week or two. Well now that i seen this change, i probably won't install BDO...

This change will make the game pretty boring imo. The fun in grinding was the occasional pvp and the times when you had to defend your grindspot, at least for me.

and guess what....you can still do just that.

Posted (edited)

Just stop crying change was needed and is welcomed, all those that are now crying and saying no risk anymore, no meaningful  pvp, no more grinding at sausans....... all those are wearing ghilly suits !!! how the hell can you pretend to be fighting for optimum exp reward grinding with a ghilly on ?

ghilly = pearls but instead of the +10% exp thing you took the anonymity and gathering and stealth thing.....

so that says it all, all you are saying now is null and irrelevant, you are all griefers that were delighting them-self in the pleasure to torment weaker players, now you can still get to torment them but not to have them suffer and so you cry, good, very well done Daum

Yours and everyone who support this change have such a narrow minded mentality that it's mind blowing (ha). Stop watching the tv, it's frying your brain...

Yesterday we had a guild purposely coming to ks mobs from our gq. We ofc proceeded to slaughter them; but ofc they kept coming back since they lost nothing (apart from those fgts that lost crystals dying to mobs, ahahahah). So we declared war, since luckly they had more than 20 members above 50.

If the same thing happened with a clan or guildless people, we could have done NOTHING to prevent them from making us take extra time to complete it.

This patch did NOTHING BUT INCREASE THE NUMBER OF GRIEFERS. You got ganked while grinding before the patch? Lol, i hope i was one of those. Now playing this game is so frustrating! You want to grind? No you can't because there are douches ksing your mobs in advance, goodbye rotations, welcome 0.001%/h at 57. But hey this change was made to allow people to progress past 58 right @CM_Tytyes? LMAO. I REALLY want to see how you grind with all those griefers around, and a max of 6x wars you can have up. Not to mention our COMPLETE lack of tools in dealing with guildless people.

But hey, after everyone has quit due to this change we'll have more spots to grind i guess. Was that DAUM's intent all along? If so thanks!

Edited by An4thor

Posted (edited)

you do realize later Valencia comes a PvP grind map (might even come with this change when its added here)? no penalties or karma loss so you can continue defending your grind spots freely.

Edited by clangpicky

Posted (edited)

There's plenty of PVE games, why try so hard to ''WESTERNIZE'' this one? Like for real.

This would be a better PVP game if you would level up your character with pvp but no you level up your character with pve.

Do hardcore PvE, grind 24/7 to become stronger in PvP ?

Everyone who like PvP would love this change bcs now we have a lot more guys on the PvE grinding spots who do pvp bcs they lose much less if they die and all these guys who grind 24/7 dont care the 1% exp loss.

Also the most player dont like it to be a PK, they never go into negative karma, they grind all the day to become 300k karma and then they kill so many player as they can but only until they come close to 0 karma and never went under 0 karma :)

sorry thats no pvp game. this is only a game where the strongest player get stronger and the weak player stay weak.

we also need a dislike button into forum :) these like buttons are worthless if you cant hit a dislike button.

Edited by Mayestic

Posted

Funny how they removed such a feature from a game to soften it up for cry baby's who cant handle wandering out of a safezone.

Its sad Daum / PA is dumbing this game down.

PA tried to make the game more pve oriented in Korea and the game flopped hard there, seems they are repeating the same mistake here in EU / NA.

Yet i see pvp guilds still prepping for sieges, still doing 5 XL missions a day for guild funds, still pushing for levels. while on the other hand i see carebear guilds and casuals disbanding and leaving the game en masse as there is nothing for them to do but afk fishing and picking flowers.

Game is losing steam specialy with changes like this and slight pw2 mechenics like 24 extra workers for $$$$ and a whooping 90 extra slots for the real p2w horsebreeders -_- 

This patch did alot more damage then good. :)

Posted

All you casual players who like the change you will leave this damn game anyway when the next big mmo comes out.

The guilds who take this game serious and wanna stay and play for years getting screwed over.

Alot of top guilds and top layers already quit and moved to russian server even with all the pay2win. Cause they see this western daum team are carebears and we will get more of those stupid updates.

Fire this fakking daum team and hire me !!!!!

Not entierly true, they will leave when they realize how hard gearing will become :P

Most of the MMO hoppers have largely already thankfully left, some few remain but most have left long ago ^^ Valencia will bend over and take a massive huge load on anything that can't dedicate a bit, sadly not as massive a dump as it could because forcing above +15, but the requirments are still incredibly high and costly, hundreds of million to not lose accesories for example, but hey they will probably end up changing this as well :P

Posted

The change was good cry more

Posted

can't we just make croxus a pve server and transfer all these whiney little nerds there so they can KS eachother at sausans 24/7 while the rest of the community gets their game back?

Posted

This change needs to be reverted ASAP. You can still save your game.

5k means nothing on a 500k player base. Besides if you'd like I can make it 80% within a few hours to those who actually like the change. In that case, the poll will reflect the opposite of what you want. Will you still accept the same poll then as you are now? ;)