• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback - EXP Penalty Removal from PvP

5,205 posts in this topic

Posted

No, I engage people in pvp combat for a location I am farming and want to keep or for a location I want to grind at.  Sometimes I win the right to take or keep a spot, sometimes I lose to a better effort and say good fight and move to another location. If you are not having fun with player vs player contact in a PVP game, I suggest you go purchase a game without pvp or one where you have an option to pvp- this is not that game. 

For you it's funny "defending" spots, for me it's boring like hell. They are called "tastes".

You basically waste hours in childish skirmishes when you can just farm another spot. So immature and childish......If i want PvP i go arena and do some real funny duel with people geared like me or we declare war with another guild and have some fun outside the cities.

There will be plenty of options for PvP, not just the -----ing ganking.

Using PvP for defending PvE.....i smell the hipocrisy so far :D

I suggest you to let other people enjoy a game that have multiple aspects and stop whining, thank you :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Two thirds don't agree with the change:

Posted

c1c24cb50621f3ce3a95a549fcd65149.jpg

You're completely missing the point. Its a battle of who is stronger and the stronger should be rewarded. It's the exact same idea as a tournament except the entire tourney takes place over the course of the games length. The entire game is a battle to be on top, if you're not willing to put the time and effort in to getting to the top. Then don't complain and ----- when others take that top spot. 

youve never played a competitive tourney based game if you think this lmao. Come play something other than an MMO and you might understand 

Posted

I like to cry because I can't senselessly PK. 

We know.

Two thirds don't agree with the change:

You can just create an account and vote. Either Daum makes a poll for every user via e-mail or in-game or the forums should be linked to your game account. This way we can prevent people from signing up 321321 times to just vote NO.

1 person likes this

Posted

Y2IAovb.jpg

This is what happens now when you try to defend grinding spot. And he came back 3 more times until i couldnt kill him because of low karma.. Great system, indeed.

Posted

Y2IAovb.jpg

This is what happens now when you try to defend grinding spot. And he came back 3 more times until i couldnt kill him because of low karma.. Great system, indeed.

Yeah and it was such a great system before as well. "Leave or lose XP" "Leave I own this spot" "Leave my guild will kill you over and over". Cool story.

3 people like this

Posted

You can just create an account and vote. Either Daum makes a poll for every user via e-mail or in-game or the forums should be linked to your game account. This way we can prevent people from signing up 321321 times to just vote NO.

The majority of no votes were at the beginning, when all the pvp community was up in arms, then the people supporting the change started voting a bit more, and now it's a steady trickle on both sides and not moving very much.

But it would be good to have an in game vote.

Posted (edited)

Yeah and it was such a great system before as well. "Leave or lose XP" "Leave I own this spot" "Leave my guild will kill you over and over". Cool story.

Atleast ii was possible to make them leave. Well, after that , my guildmates rotated for kills, so he left too, it just took mittle more time : )

Edited by ArxoN

Posted

Yeah funny that, a GAME being competive. 

Now everbody wins!

Haha

Grow a pair you loser.

Posted (edited)

Yeah funny that, a GAME being competive. 

Now everbody wins!

Haha

Grow a pair you loser.

Oh man, oh man... The classic mentality of a brain dead delusional personality. Unfortunately I can't keep up with your brain dead antics. 

Competitive*

Everybody*

How about you grow a pair and deal with the consequences of PKing instead of crying?

Edited by nemesis5858

Posted (edited)

Since this game does not have an open tagging mobs system and mobs are not infinite, there will always be PvP over spots. With the previous patch you could defend it. With this change, it gives to people who "use" the system an unfair benefit.

Plus it's not like you can just walk in anywhere you want now... Big guilds will still kill you if you touch their mobs because they don't care if they go red since they can one shot you and you have zero chance of fighting back.

So this change just benefits guildless griefers and nothing more. 

Edited by Yelloweyedemon

Posted

Since this game does not have an open tagging mobs system and mobs are not infinite, there will always be PvP over spots. With the previous patch you could defend it. With this change, it gives to people who "use" the system an unfair benefit.

Plus it's not like you can just walk in anywhere you want now... Big guilds will still kill you if you touch their mobs because they don't care if they go red since they can one shot you and you have zero chance of fighting back.

So this change just benefits guildless griefers and nothing more. 

Since the patch I got killed only once and then I received an apology from the person that killed me. I've been grinding in Abandoned Monastery since the patch as well and guess what? I didn't get PKed once or get asked to "leave". It seems that everyone is sharing the spots fine so far. At least in my experience. Big guilds are pretty nice too now. They stopped acting like they own the place. So if anything, this brought some peace to grinding spots.

I'm still yet to see grievers stealing mobs, but that can be easily fixed with a mob tagging system as you suggested.

Posted

A player who spends 8 hours a day playing BDO will be stronger than a player who spends 1 hour a day playing BDO.

Under the old system, that 8-hour-a-day player was able to plop down in a node and hold it as they grind for 4-5 hours. If the 1-hour-a-day player decided to try to kill mobs there, they would either be killed and lose XP, or told to leave then killed and lose XP if they did not get out.

The result of that system was a handful of players controlling a number of areas, blocking off that content to everybody except for other 8-hour-a-day players who were strong enough to go toe-to-toe against them and their guilds.

Since these 8-hour-a-day players were controlling the best nodes, they would get the best XP and the best drops possible from grinding areas. Combined with the hours they were spending there, this was creating a massive power gap between those players and everybody else.

Leaving it that way would ensure that the upcoming castle siege and node war content would only be accessible by a handful of players due to those players being too far ahead of everybody else. In effect what you wind up with is everybody but a small minority blocked off from new content.

Obviously that is not good for the game, nor good for the developer's wallet. There is little point in developing content that only a small fraction of the playerbase will get to participate in. Therefore they changed the system in place to prevent those 8-hour-a-day players from being able to block off players by causing them to experience backwards progression through XP loss. They can still kill them, they can still declare war on them if they're in a guild, but they can no longer hoard the area for themselves and reap all the rewards simply because they have fewer real life responsibilities.

That is why the "weak and lesser skilled" people should be "rewarded". Because in the long term it is better for everyone to have a more competitive game, rather than it being a tiny niche game with a handful of hardcore guilds fighting over territory while everyone else quits.

The person you're exemplifying won't be competing in nodewars either unless they(Daum/PA) dumb it down to the point where showing up gives them a reward.  DBO is an OWPVP game, if you want safety, hang out in town, if you're ready to accept that conflict occurs and are willing to take part in that conflict, go try to contest areas, you're not entitled to anything without being prepared to fight for it.

This, kids, is why they need to stop handing out participation awards.  -----ing entitled bunch of pussies is what the world is turning into.

EVE is a "small" niche game, BDO would be lucky to even grow into that genre/size, and these changes and dumbing down the game won't push it in that direction, it will hamper it as a lot of people want risk vs reward.  If you aren't willing to risk anything, you sure as hell shouldn't be rewarded anything.

Posted (edited)

Since the patch I got killed only once and then I received an apology from the person that killed me. I've been grinding in Abandoned Monastery since the patch as well and guess what? I didn't get PKed once or get asked to "leave". It seems that everyone is sharing the spots fine so far. At least in my experience. Big guilds are pretty nice too now. They stopped acting like they own the place. So if anything, this brought some peace to grinding spots.

I'm still yet to see grievers stealing mobs, but that can be easily fixed with a mob tagging system as you suggested.

lol yea because this is about abandoned monastery LOL what a scrub

Edited by Zombiecity

Posted

The majority of the arguments I am seeing against the removal of the 1% xp loss on death is that players now have more incentive to return, after being killed, and try to fight for their spot again. This results in even more PvP to break up your monotonous grinding, and this... upsets you?

So in other words, you want the 1% exp loss to exist in order to discourage PvP. 

Well... alrighty then.

lol u carebears got lucky for now... shit so soft.. get this guy some pampers.. More pvp is indeed correct. More POINTLESS pvp.. 

Posted

For you it's funny "defending" spots, for me it's boring like hell. They are called "tastes".

You basically waste hours in childish skirmishes when you can just farm another spot. So immature and childish......If i want PvP i go arena and do some real funny duel with people geared like me or we declare war with another guild and have some fun outside the cities.

There will be plenty of options for PvP, not just the -----ing ganking.

Using PvP for defending PvE.....i smell the hipocrisy so far :D

I suggest you to let other people enjoy a game that have multiple aspects and stop whining, thank you :)

There are a lot of games that cater to what you desire, I would suggest playing those.  BDO does NOT cater to what you desire as at any time you aren't in a safe zone, you are consenting to be killed.

Posted

lol yea because this is about abandoned monastery LOL what a scrub

I gave that as an example as Abandoned Monastery is a small area compared to Sausans (meaning even Abandoned Monastery is not even hectic right now). If you weren't such an immature moron you would have understood what I was saying. Keep calling people scrubs, it just shows your insecurities.

Posted

#everyonegetsamedal 

Im actually speechless about this change being a thing, its borderline more carebear then wow, refund please

the oppisite of this is the exact reason i bought the game in the first place, how dreadfully boring 

Posted

Abandoned Monastery? I play 2 months and I only got attacked once there. This is not a grinding spot. People above 53 have little to no reason going there since the MoS drops are very rare, and by grinding actual XP somewhere else, you can also make money to buy MoS/Witch at marketplace...

See how clueless your opinion is on the matter? We are talking about fights at grinding spots and you bring abandoned monastery up...

Also, I never suggested the open world tagging system. It is a terrible system in every game I've played because it just favors zerging and one-hit ranged classes. Unless you like 150 people standing over sausans/other grinding spots, and all pressing 1 (insert skill here) when they spawn then poof, gone for another minute. Repeat.

Posted

Disclaimer before all you kids get bored with a long post. I don't understand the problem fully but I've been reading people s concerns a lot and just wanted to make sure some of the silent majority is represented - thanks.

Tbh, it's very hard for me to work out how I feel about these changes since I STILL don't have any toons that are pvp-level.  At heart (based on other games, where I avoid pvp) I'm a carebear I suppose but I've just started levelling another toon with the aim of getting him to 45+ to find out what this is all about .

I don't fully understand the community's concerns / find it hard to distinguish the kids-throwing-toys-outta-pram feedback from the real worries about the change but what I do get is that the change has polarised the community.  We were polarised before, I know that, but now we're polarised in a different way.

I've maybe seen half a dozen intelligent threads about the real impact of the change; the rest seem to have been made by folk with the emotional intelligence of 5-year olds and they just tell us they're going around targeting afk players with the intention of ganking 'em... and before I get responses about that: no, I don't care how old you really are. I'm 50 next year and I've been thru enough upheaval in that time; I probably rank you in terms of irl /played and emotional intelligence. If you're still going to try and argue on those terms then I pity you and you obviously need help 'cos I can't believe someone can have a more objective view than I do with my old-person casual-player hat on.

I do think there needs to be some penalty for the pvp death thing although I don't really feel qualified to talk about it.  Did I get it right that the main issue now is that high level/high geared can KS low level farming but the low levels with +ve karma can grief high lvl farming or some such?

.. was going to post more but actually going to stop there for now to see what responses are, then i'll work out what I think should be said next :)

Posted

Had more PvP since the patch than ever before. Problably because now people actually dare to flag.

Also, went to Sausans and no griefing there.

But most people complaining probably cant see that cause theyre too busy whining in the forums.

Posted

Or... invite him to your group and quit being stingy bastards?

Mind... BLOWN!

So all you have to do is hack the game so you can invite a 6th player into a 5-man party? Apparently getting your mind blown hinders your critical thinking skills.

Posted

The point isn't that the 1 person is 'besting' us. Its that the one person has nothing to fear going up against the big boys anymore. They can simply walk in and say 'this is mine now' and if we attempt to kill them we lose karma and have to spend hours grinding it back. When they die they get a 10 second walk back and can continue without a care because they're not losing anything. At least with the previous karma system there was a risk vs reward in attempting to own or control main farming locations. At this time there is no risk just reward and griefers.

You have the wrong mentality completely. I doubt that person wants to "compete" they just want to level too. The fact that you're there isn't half as much an issue to them as it is to you. Honestly, the selfish notion of MINE MINE MINE is what's making this so difficult for you to grasp.

Posted

The majority of the arguments I am seeing against the removal of the 1% xp loss on death is that players now have more incentive to return, after being killed, and try to fight for their spot again. This results in even more PvP to break up your monotonous grinding, and this... upsets you?

So in other words, you want the 1% exp loss to exist in order to discourage PvP. 

Well... alrighty then.

Nope, you want the xp loss to go away... remove karma

that will ensure there is no detriment to fighting over a spot for both sides. :)

I mean you wait more pvp right? Since you cannot do bossfights while red, and its a HUGE broken aspect of the game... lets remove karma loss in pvp :)

Posted

Had more PvP since the patch than ever before. Problably because now people actually dare to flag.

Also, went to Sausans and no griefing there.

But most people complaining probably cant see that cause theyre too busy whining in the forums.

exactly. this whole griefing is over exaggerated. they see it happen few times and claims its happening everywhere.

maybe they should take their own advice they used to be give us before. "CHANGE THE CHANNEL"