• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback - EXP Penalty Removal from PvP

5,205 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone saying the people that want it revert it back are griefers are either the people hyper griefing full parties 24/7 because of this shitty patch or afk players. I am sure Daum will love it once that is all that is left of their games population.

I'm pretty sure they will change it back soon. Why? 1. Mass amount of people either quitting and/or doing charge backs. 2. Revenues dropping from decreased Tear sales. Only a matter of time now when PA permits Daum to revert.

Posted

I'm pretty sure they will change it back soon. Why? 1. Mass amount of people either quitting and/or doing charge backs. 2. Revenues dropping from decreased Tear sales. Only a matter of time now when PA permits Daum to revert.

You have data on this?

Face it, you are just a self confessed griefer who this patch is specifically targeted to stop. I personally don't think it's the best they could have done but willing to wait and see how t pans out when all the temper tantrums have stopped.

Posted (edited)

There is one more thing in this scenario which is getting forgotten. Like in any mmorpg games, the PvE players are usually considered support players and PvE guilds are considered support guilds which focuses on many life skills as well as CP-wise work such as workshops. Marketplace is being filled mostly by PvE players while PvP players focuses on their progression.. This adds so much balance to the game. So instead of labeling PvE players as carebears. I'd higly recommend we call them support faction. We should stop blaming each other and focus on balancing the system.

That, in essence, is also FULLY correct. There was a time when one of the features that players desperately wanted in an MMO was called INTERDEPENDENCY.

Between the PVE-PVP this game has that. The two play-styles are interdependent on one another. Its not just PVE players buying the food buffs my Cooking Valk can make. A PVP player is also looking to stock up on the best buffs they can find.  Unfortunately, between the PVE-PVP the interdependency function goes unrecognized.

Edited by Solar
1 person likes this

Posted

You have data on this?

Face it, you are just a self confessed griefer who this patch is specifically targeted to stop. I personally don't think it's the best they could have done but willing to wait and see how t pans out when all the temper tantrums have stopped.

I know you are just a troll but I would like to point out that no XP loss on death only encourages griefing because now there is no deterrent to harassing someone for hours on end, I experienced it last night and it made me pretty much quit. This patch has made griefing 100 percent worse than before.

It also really does represent revenue loss for Daum as tears are not necessary anymore, why would anyone waste money of tears ever again? Do people actually have critical thinking skills anymore?

Posted

Serious question here.  When is going red ever "worth the reward" now?  What is the reward?

This thread is just going in circles but I will answer your question with another.

What was the reward for going red prior to the latest patch?

For me PvP has always been about the challenge, hopefully the win and achieving my goal, even if that goal is just to retain the grinding spot I was working, those are my rewards. PvP was never about my opponent losing 1% xp and if you think of that as your reward for PvP  then that's just sad. From personal experience, it is so easy to go red but usually it's by killing lower/lesser geared or skilled players especially now that they return, something I try to avoid but am frequently guilty of for various reasons and once I commit, I know perfectly well what the repercussions could be. Whether anyone wishes to take that risk is their choice and their's alone. I don't come running to forums crying because I was forced to go red to defend an area of the game I mistakenly believed I had ownership of, are you serious? I don't cry because someone interrupted my rotation, it is after all, MY rotation and noone gives 2 hoots about MY rotation and I don't go on childish afk killing spree's and then expect to be taken seriously as a PvP'er.  If I do go red, I have my fun and then I follow my usual path of efficient karma farming so I can start the cycle all over again if need be. 

Awhile before the patch, I remember when I was often grinding at Sausan's and a group from another guild would arrive and tell me to fk off lol or just tell me to move. It was irrelevant who was there first to them and quite frankly nothing has changed. Still the same guilds hold the best grinding spots, only now, I'm in one of those guilds.

Now, if I want to pretend I am actually PvPing when I attack a lower skilled/geared player, a lifeskiller, autopather or afk player there are consequences that I suffer as the initiator and personally I don't have any issue with it and am just awaiting the Valencia patches.

1 person likes this

Posted

I know you are just a troll but I would like to point out that no XP loss on death only encourages griefing because now there is no deterrent to harassing someone for hours on end, I experienced it last night and it made me pretty much quit. This patch has made griefing 100 percent worse than before.

How so? I even said that I don't believe what they did is the best solution, supporting YOU. But I also know that a lot of the griefing going on at the moment is a childish reaction and so we have to wait more than a couple of days to see how it really pans out. My other statement about Kraanimal is demonstrably true just by looking at his own post history.

Posted (edited)

It's very amusing how everyone opposing the revert is thinking of every possible excuse they can to try and invalidate it. Sure people can use multiple devices to vote. Sure there are bots. Sure a lot of people didn't bother to vote. But doesn't that go for both options? Who says no one used bots to vote "No"? On the larger scale (thousands of votes, on both sides mind you...) those factors do not matter.

Edited by Kazx

Posted

what's funny about the pro hardcore PVPz the lowbies i kill need to pay to price for there lowness because i want to feel allmighty ...

is that nowadays ...without the casuals ... mmo gender would be dead :)

oh, and before you come with the "it's a PVP game damn ----- go play hello kitty" ... 

1) it's a sandbox game and in fact pvp in a very little aspect of what you can do in the game.

2) i do some pvp.

3) i don't pk for no reason because i'm not a douch.

Also i played for years a good PVP Game that most of you may know, Lineage 2. 

Pro Gankers (cause i can't call you pvpers as PK mean there was no pvp ...) i suggest you the same system that was used in lineage 2.

You want to be a douch ? right, you will kill your target, she will loose XP (because you seem to find that really important), and you will turn red. and once Red if you are killed, you have a chance to DROP your Gear(1 to 3 pieces) and everyone can pick it up. seem's fair to me, after all, all of you guys pkers are also pro pvpers so you won't die that easy would you ?

We had many pk in L2 even with that system ... but people where clearly a lot less toxic  ... 

Posted

what's funny about the pro hardcore PVPz the lowbies i kill need to pay to price for there lowness because i want to feel allmighty ...

oh, and before you come with the "it's a PVP game damn ----- go play hello kitty" ... 

1) it's a sandbox game and in fact pvp in a very little aspect of what you can do in the game.

2) i do some pvp.

Pro Gankers (cause i can't call you pvpers as PK mean there was no pvp ...) i suggest you the same system that was used in lineage 2.

You want to be a douch ? right, you will kill your target, she will loose XP (because you seem to find that really important), and you will turn red. and once Red if you are killed, you have a chance to DROP your Gear(1 to 3 pieces) and everyone can pick it up. seem's fair to me, after all, all of you guys pkers are also pro pvpers so you won't die that easy would you ?

We had many pk in L2 even with that system ... but people where clearly a lot less toxic  ... 

Posted

Really? You have all info about players quitting? O.o How so xD and if so might be for other reason like is summer or they are bored of getting killed from nolifers? Could be? Din't you think about that? Are you truly convinced you are right?

Posted

Until you show actual proof that this is happening, it is just speculation. I have seen multiple people say they are quitting over one issue or another since launch and many barely even take the day off. As for chargebacks, there is no legal ground for a chargeback and if the player went through Paypal there is not only a 30 day window but also their intangible items clause to bypass. If they go through their financial institution then they had best be very wary of the legalities and penalties imposed on false declarations.

As for the easily manipuated poll...worthless.

1 person likes this

Posted

You deserve it? Are you for real? Everybody deserves to play and enjoy this game as much as you and some of us probably even more than you and all the other Pk'ers that you just want to kill other players for 'FUN'. It's us the casual,carebares and whatever else you want to call us put a lot of REAL money into this game and WE deserve it more than you to be able to play it in peace.

i believe you are thinking of world of warcraft. BDO's type of open world PvP game is was made with conflict in mind. Grid spot is a ressource to be farmed. You be to fight to get it and protect it to keep it. The day I can no longer protect it is yours. 

You do not have the same rights as every one else you have the same opportunities as everone else.

3 people like this

Posted

I'm not going to read 188 pages of this, but having just done some Sausans last night on my 55 wizard, I am a big fan of this change. 

Posted

I'm not going to read 188 pages of this, but having just done some Sausans last night on my 55 wizard, I am a big fan of this change. 

what poor sob did you grief out of sausans?

Posted

Love this change too.

Posted

You deserve it? Are you for real? Everybody deserves to play and enjoy this game as much as you and some of us probably even more than you and all the other Pk'ers that you just want to kill other players for 'FUN'. It's us the casual,carebares and whatever else you want to call us put a lot of REAL money into this game and WE deserve it more than you to be able to play it in peace.

Why would you deserve to grind on a spot you cant defend? Take a spot from someone else then, ofc he deserves that spot more than you, there are plenty others. And since when casuals put alot of money in games? Isnt it hardcore players paying more? God i hate carebears like you.

Posted

My two cents.

one of the main reasons I chose to play this game was due to loss of exp on death. It gave a sense of risk doing open world pvp or questing. With that gone a lot of people are mad and have left the game.

Now imagine this game initially started with no exp loss on death and you joined this game because you preferred to be a pve carebear. Three months later they decide to add exp loss on death without any warning or feedback from the community. I am pretty sure a lot of you care bears would be pissed off as well. This type of move is what ruins games. Please dont reply with "changes come to the game all the time", this is a change to one of the core mechanics of the game.

Posted

is this l2blah?

Posted

2) i do some pvp.

it's not a sandbox.

Posted (edited)

My two cents.

one of the main reasons I chose to play this game was due to loss of exp on death. It gave a sense of risk doing open world pvp or questing. With that gone a lot of people are mad and have left the game.

Now imagine this game initially started with no exp loss on death and you joined this game because you preferred to be a pve carebear. Three months later they decide to add exp loss on death without any warning or feedback from the community. I am pretty sure a lot of you care bears would be pissed off as well. This type of move is what ruins games. Please dont reply with "changes come to the game all the time", this is a change to one of the core mechanics of the game.

You lost me when you said "carebears". Seriously, before joined this game i have never heard this word, but seems the one and only word 90% of forum's people knows here.

It's -----ing annoying and unpolite. Players have usually less brain than a bad scripted mob, so killing players or mobs doesnt change that much in my opinion, considering we aren't talking about real pvp but just some childish skirmishes or ganking.

And only in sausan seems so.....considering 6 servers (EU/NA) with 10-12 channels each, we can have a maximum of 60-72 "pk-ers". 72 on a population of.....mmmmm.....wanna say 50.000? I'm staying low with presences cause, as forum say(and lie), game is dying no?

72 (let's make 100 for better calculation) /50.000 * 100 = 0,2% population. Wow, so much population, that will ruin the game for sure! :D

Plus, consider i stayed low with game's population and also consider that not every spot is being griefied like someone else trying to say.

Edited by Estiqaatsi

Posted

You lost me when you said "carebears". Seriously, before joined this game i have never heard this word, but seems the one and only word 90% of forum's people knows here.

It's -----ing annoying and unpolite. Players have usually less brain than a bad scripted mob, so killing players or mobs doesnt change that much in my opinion.

https://www.techopedia.com/definition/27058/carebear

dont know how that is insulting. It exactly describes the people that are for the no loss in exp death. 

Posted

dont know how that is insulting. It exactly describes the people that are for the no loss in exp death. 

And who said i avoid competition? You think ganking in open world is competition? I prefer GvG or Arena competition, where you can't hide like a salamander under a rock with valuable opponents, not people undergeared or much more geared than me.

Posted

Listen. If people are quitting over this.. their inability to grief, bully, cause suffering to another human being.. then GREAT we should be rid of these. Be nicer if they went to get help but... well we can't control that.

Lets think about it..

This only removes the scum from the community and leaves us with the 'mostly' good.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Slang is often meant as an insult. How about we all start debating things properly, without the INSULTS?  If you are pro pvp and come to me with a well thought out post, with clear points.. etc.. but add some sort of insult like 'carebear' meant to make me look bad... then I won't pay attention to you. If you avoid that.. then I'll read your post and even give it some thought.

Edited by mb52
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Since this patch I have gone red twice from defending my spot at Sausans. People do not seem to care if you kill them as there are now no consequences. What does happen is they repeatedly come back and either killsteal my mobs and or they flag on me. What ends up happening is I end up having to grind out the karma finrom going red in the very far back of Sausan because anyone can kill me on sight. This has been very unpleasant and I strongly disagree with this change. All I want is for you to restore balance to the game by reverting the changes. You could also try  drastically lowering the karma penalties but would prefer restoring it to the way it was due to new problems that may arise. Also, I want to add that I enjoyed the risk and adrenaline while PvPing due to the risk of exp loss and now, to me, PvP seems like a joke. The only person that loses now is the winner of the fight. Before, when both sides had something to lose it created an atmosphere of Respect. Now people come in to my grinding spots saying things like "don't you like the changes to pvp?" While they kill steal my mobs because they know there are no consequences for their actions. There will only be more griefing now I assure you of that. Thank you for considering my feedback. -A very loyal customer.

@CM_Jouska

Edited by mrtoon316
I had additional comments.