• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback - EXP Penalty Removal from PvP

5,205 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You love the sound of your own vo- keyboard. 

Yeah, because that's what it means when you respond to someone who quotes you 9_9

Funny thing is if you hadn't tried to pick fights and demand it's your way or the highway for the past couple months some kind of compromise could have been found with the PvE players. Many PvPers are now suggesting having to respawn in town if PK'ed, but that had been part of a PvP revamp proposal I made nearly 2 months back (ironically a proposal that didn't remove the XP penalty).

Edited by scau

Posted

I understand, but you repeatedly comment on how it works for "other games" without paying much mind to how many of us flocked to this game *BECAUSE* it's not those "other games"
Those features work in very casual games that push out hardcore players and by and large hardcore players are left searching for a game that doesn't do those things.

It's natural that this change will upset people who explicitly came to BDO to get away from that and get angry that people who have already turned pretty much every western MMO into a casual fest.

I'm not hating on casual games, they are great and have their place... But NOT EVERY GAME NEEDS TO BE CASUAL.

If I want a casual game I'll pull out my cell phone or go download one of the 500 other casual mmo's that put me to sleep, I don't quite understand why everyone seems to want to make every game a copy of every other game in a genre that is already largely stagnant.

also to add to your comment.

We can take Archeage. they have a prison system if you kill enough ppl and get wanted. there is time you lose not XP.

if you go to prison you have to wait XX time before you can do whatever you want again and since there is an Max level there is nothing lost of you get wanted.

In BDO you get punished so hard trying to protect a spot from Grifers. they got a system that works for there type of game and making every game have the same system isnt always working. you lose Karma witch is fine. but when you go negative you lose XP and Gems so much easyer.

the XP loss was one way to fight Some types of Grifers, ppl with 0% XP or Alot of money and also made people more scared to come back to take there spot back.

if you call a 30 sec fight over a spot PvP then idk. PvP for me is were you fight a long time. like a GvG or small Scale GvG with only 5-10people trying to win and get the spot.

so saying there is more PvP now then before is kind of stupid since its one sided PvP. the flagger is the one doing PvP the defender is just grifing(most of the time)

why dont they just remove XP loss once outlaw and they fix the PvP and grifers.

Posted (edited)

99%, and the OP aint one. 

image.png

Edited by Miserio

Posted

@CM_Jouska - I just put another strawpoll together that might reflect the suggestions and ongoing discussion more than the one you have in your first post. It seems that most of us agree that the 0 xp on death is fine, but from what I can tell almost everyone wants some kind of penalty put in place for dying.

Here is a new strawpoll - Please vote guys and please keep quoting/re-posting it for visibility:

http://www.strawpoll.me/10402455

Quote for visibility for the poll

Posted

Problem with new PvP rules!

You think you have fix the problem but now its totaly lawles!

Example1: Sausan camp look we have 10x more pvp sure its fun but look at the picture it aint fun, some die with 1 hit!
You made this rule so they catch up, but with this they never will.

Example2: Ogre, never ever had this amount of ppl trying ks, they are waiting to 10% an tries to get last hit. I cant do anything about it, kill em gives no penalty!

New rules are even worse then old! Sure old rules has flaws so you need to take a look att it.

Problem1.png

Posted (edited)

Quote for visibility for the poll

I am sorry but anyone that believes a Stawpoll that lasts longer than 10 minutes is an accurate, failproof and unmanipulated way to reflect on any stance, specially one as volatile as this one is quite frankly naive. I don't believe that Daum are this naive. That aside the poll is worded in a way that is utterly confusing and easily misunderstood. Way to go on that one. 

By this point feel free to call me paranoid, but I wouldn't put it past some people who wish for the change to be reverted to further their agenda by extra griefling in game and going through a bit of extra effort on the side to KS in farming spots and then loudly proclaiming "You can't deter me cause of the EXP change!" just to sway the minds of the people who were either okay with it or didn't care much. We already had this pseudo protest of PKing more AFKers. This might just be another one of those. Just some food for thought. 

In fact this whole argument is skewered because deterring people from what you believe is to be your grinding spot is still worth doing as long as you keep your karma in check, if that is how you chose to resolve the issue. Surely getting killed 5 times in a row and losing the XP from that should be a deterrent. That, is why I have a problem believing that this change is such a problem. That, is why it only serves griefers to revert it. 

Edited by Caelin
1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Jouska

@CM_Tytyes

That straw poll is worded extremely confusingly (the "REVERT" is easily overlooked in that awful font) and it's bound to skew results because people think they're agreeing with one thing and see another.

Anyway, I LIKED the patch change. This whole punishing players thing is going to do more harm than good. Keep the change, take a leaf out of Blizzard's book when they gave into the vocal minority and made Cataclysm much more difficult than any other patch. It resulted in a huge shrink to their member base.

1 person likes this

Posted

So it would appear that the poll (http://www.strawpoll.me/10402455/r) has now changed but once again the wording is bias in favor of reverting the change. 

Players do not die "100% penalty free" if they are killed by someone with Karma above 0, let us not be ignoring this little tidbit please. There is a difference between losing XP from a player that simply got fed up by someone else perhaps acting like a muppett and KSing to troll and deciding they want to be rid of them, or someone who has been killing people indiscriminately to the point where their karma has dropped so low that they can no longer grief others by trying to diminish their EXP. 

1 person likes this

Posted

If someone wants to make the poll can they just have two options that say "KEEP IT AS IT IS" and "CHANGE IT BACK".

Seriously the current polls are worded terrible and the second multiple choice one is clearly biased and made by a PvPer/PK that wants the XP loss back. Less with the passive-aggressive wording.

1 person likes this

Posted

People are always salty when polls don't go their way. It's human nature. :)

Posted

If someone wants to make the poll can they just have two options that say "KEEP IT AS IT IS" and "CHANGE IT BACK".

Seriously the current polls are worded terrible and the second multiple choice one is clearly biased and made by a PvPer/PK that wants the XP loss back. Less with the passive-aggressive wording.

man, you guys really don't read

we don't primarily want the EXP loss back, we want some sort of deterrent to stop you from KSgrieffing us.

Posted

man, you guys really don't read

we don't primarily want the EXP loss back, we want some sort of deterrent to stop you from KSgrieffing us.

TBH sharing XP on kills would solve this problem, force the community to be a little less shitty in these scenarios, and probably make OW PVP better because people doing OW PVP would be doing it for ENJOYMENT not griefing bs, which is what happens on both sides.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

TBH sharing XP on kills would solve this problem, force the community to be a little less shitty in these scenarios, and probably make OW PVP better because people doing OW PVP would be doing it for ENJOYMENT not griefing bs, which is what happens on both sides.

yeah that's been done, Guild Wars 2 is that way --------------->

a shared XP on kills would not solve much. it would just remove the competitiveness of limited ressources. it would only leave killing AFK fishers/trainers and lowbies for fun as the only OW PVP.

GVG Nodes/sieges are not really part of the OW PVP concept, they are their own PVP categories.

so by sharing XP on kills, we might as well remove OWPVP and only keep GVG and NodeSiege as the only form of pvp in this game... 

thats exactly what the pve crowd wants. 

that exactly the opposite of why i bought this game , i bought it for the challenge of having to fight for the ressources and protect them to keep them, not to share, if i want to share and have a cooperative experience with the community i will go play GW2.

Edited by SquaZ
1 person likes this

Posted

This is not what this patch has done though, which makes me question your ability to comprehend people's action in game. This patch empowered griefers to just screw with people until they quit playing. Have you not seen this? Do you think these solo guildless rangers and wizards are just looking for a spot to farm? Are you that stupid?

Depends on your view point. From my point of view, its PVP advocates freaking out over losing the ability to cause others to lose something. (Exp in this case)

Posted (edited)

Says the king of salt.

Edited by Jack Sparrow

Posted

GVG Nodes/sieges are not really part of the OW PVP concept, they are their own PVP categories.

so by sharing XP on kills, we might as well remove OWPVP and only keep GVG and NodeSiege as the only form of pvp in this game... 

thats exactly what the pve crowd wants. 

There is the problem, A population of this game wants OW PvP gone. I hope they see that every game that has taken that stance has suffered for it.

Posted (edited)

There is the problem, A population of this game wants OW PvP gone. I hope they see that every game that has taken that stance has suffered for it.

except eve online, they didnt take that stance and are promoting and encouraging killing, griefing, theft, murder, ganking, scamming and they are still going strong 13 years in

Edited by SquaZ
1 person likes this

Posted

except eve online, they didnt take that stance and are promoting and encouraging killing, griefing, theft, murder, ganking, scamming and they are still going strong 13 years in

The difference is EVE players are not carebear WoW rejects that hop to the next mmo that comes out in between WoW expansions.

1 person likes this

Posted

The difference is EVE players are not carebear WoW rejects that hop to the next mmo that comes out in between WoW expansions.

lol i would +1 you but i ran out!!! you made me literally chuckle

what im seeing in this game currently is this

Carebears: does this coffee have milk? cuz i don't like milk.

DAUM: yes this coffee has a lot of milk in it

Carebears. ok ill have a coffee please

DAUM: ok here you go here is your coffee ... with milk in it... like i told you it had

Carebears: HEY WTF IT HAS MILK IN IT PLEASE REMOVE IT

Posted

it's also human nature to fake a poll in an attempt to make people believe you have majority support for your idea

so..

1 person likes this

Posted

DAUM: ok here you go here is your coffee ... with milk in it... like i told you it had

God forbid we take a dump on the carebear community. Games die without carebears, look at EVE.

Posted

Actually, every game that took a stance AGAINST it died. Ask shadowbane.

Posted

Pretty much

Posted (edited)

Make it a real poll in the login screen of the game.

Otherwise, this is worth nothing. That retarded poll site can be so manipulated it's not even funny. For info, I voted 5 times before I got bored trying, and that took me less than 5 minutes. Crap poll.

Edited by The Korrigan

Posted

No.

Because all the insults, belittling, names calling and "deal with it" when we asked for fixing the lvl 50 PvP opt out quest, which never could affect you in any damn way, but in your arrogance you didnt want to show even such small amount of good will.

Now you "deal with it".

8 people like this