• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback - EXP Penalty Removal from PvP

5,205 posts in this topic

Posted

No.

Because all the insults, belittling, names calling and "deal with it" when we asked for fixing the lvl 50 PvP opt out quest, which never could affect you in any damn way, but in your arrogance you didnt want to show even such small amount of good will.

Now you "deal with it".

Agreed, too.

Posted

No.

Because all the insults, belittling, names calling and "deal with it" when we asked for fixing the lvl 50 PvP opt out quest, which never could affect you in any damn way, but in your arrogance you didnt want to show even such small amount of good will.

Now you "deal with it".

Actually... pretty sure it was only a teensy amount of the population who wanted that removed.

Also

Thank you for causing me to go on a Seether binge :)

My guild says ----- you over it though

Cause they're so much fun to sing along to~

Posted

lol i would +1 you but i ran out!!! you made me literally chuckle

what im seeing in this game currently is this

Carebears: does this coffee have milk? cuz i don't like milk.

DAUM: yes this coffee has a lot of milk in it

Carebears. ok ill have a coffee please

DAUM: ok here you go here is your coffee ... with milk in it... like i told you it had

Carebears: HEY WTF IT HAS MILK IN IT PLEASE REMOVE IT

Yep

Posted

lol i would +1 you but i ran out!!! you made me literally chuckle

what im seeing in this game currently is this

Carebears: does this coffee have milk? cuz i don't like milk.

DAUM: yes this coffee has a lot of milk in it

Carebears. ok ill have a coffee please

DAUM: ok here you go here is your coffee ... with milk in it... like i told you it had

Carebears: HEY WTF IT HAS MILK IN IT PLEASE REMOVE IT

You're asking for a patch that was in the original game since 2015 to be removed.

Carebear: Can I lose exp from being PKed in this game?

DAUM: Currently yes but if you look at the original version in Korea, Around Valencia you wont.

Carebears: Ok, I'll have this game then

DAUM: ok here you is your game. The patch will be coming in a few months.

Carebears: HEY WTF I CAN'T MAKE PEOPLE LOSE EXP ANYMORE? PLEASE REMOVE THE PATCH!

Posted

Players do not die "100% penalty free" if they are killed by someone with Karma above 0

Uhm, yes they do. If a player with positive karma is killed by another player they die 100% penalty free. What's wrong with that wording?

Posted

The difference is EVE players are not carebear WoW rejects that hop to the next mmo that comes out in between WoW expansions.

Nah, they are just a host of burned out sociopaths trapped in space. Luckily, they also got ingame suicide counselors.

Posted (edited)

You're asking for a patch that was in the original game since 2015 to be removed.

DAUM: Currently yes but if you look at the original version in Korea, Around Valencia you wont.

Carebears: HEY WTF I CAN'T MAKE PEOPLE LOSE EXP ANYMORE? PLEASE REMOVE THE PATCH!

Can you link to anywhere this has been communicated by Daum? Just curious

Edit: And also, don't you lose crystals in KR? Here in EU/NA you lose NOTHING at the moment.

Edited by Lushbits

Posted

I don't see this issue with this patch that much. I feel that griefing is only growing because of how many people are crying about it, but I do feel there needs to be some change. Something similar to FFXIV where getting first hit on a mob tags it as yours until it dies or resets. This would halt a good chunk of griefing if they are unable to last hit other's mobs.

Posted

http://bbs.black.game.daum.net/gaia/do/black/notice/list?bbsId=BN001&pageIndex=1

Find it yourself. I wont go through almost 2 years of patch notes for you.

It was your job to know what you were buying before spending your money.

many things that are in KR wont make it to NA/EU. so your argument that says just because its in the KR client it will come to the NA client is pure bogus.

Posted

Tagging seems to me would be the best solution for all of this. You and your group hit it first, you get the XP. I like that EXP penalty has been removed. I'd like to see this game move in a direction more geared toward the PvE aspects of the game anyways. A huge chunk of the game content is PvE, even for PvPers. All of it is designed so well it's a shame that it isn't more center stage in this game. I'd love for a PvE server at some point as well. I can imagine there are a lot of opinions on both sides of that fence, but there is a definite chunk of the player base that agrees with me about it.

Posted

I don't see this issue with this patch that much. I feel that griefing is only growing because of how many people are crying about it, but I do feel there needs to be some change. Something similar to FFXIV where getting first hit on a mob tags it as yours until it dies or resets. This would halt a good chunk of griefing if they are unable to last hit other's mobs.

you sir are reasonable.

you sir understand that we pvpers are not opting for penalizing progression but are looking for a way to protect what we have worked for. 

we have even proposed many solutions such as the one you mentioned

-First hit on mob tags it

-PvP deaths respawn at capital cities only

-Karma hits for KSing

-EXP loss / Karma hit scaled on level

but most of you are just happy because you can now grief and take revenge, not because the game has become better

there corrected this for ya

PvPers: HEY WTF CAREBEARS ARE NOW GRIEFING ME FOR HOURS ON END! PLEASE REMOVE PATCH. 

Posted

you sir are reasonable.

you sir understand that we pvpers are not opting for penalizing progression but are looking for a way to protect what we have worked for. 

we have even proposed many solutions such as the one you mentioned

-First hit on mob tags it

-PvP deaths respawn at capital cities only

-Karma hits for KSing

-EXP loss / Karma hit scaled on level

but most of you are just happy because you can now grief and take revenge, not because the game has become better

I don't understand why games don't have tagging honestly lol. I'm not even lvl43 on my Tamer(hate using it while waiting for Kunoichi) so I've not touched the PK part yet(as is, it's not "open-world PvP"), but I've played a good amount of games to understand the frustration. EXP loss is not good. Tagging/KS Penalty is ideal.

Posted

you sir are reasonable.

I would be too if it wasnt for

But since most of you were acting like arrogant pricks so sure in your position you thought you never need to show any courtesy, sympathy nor empathy and kept belittling and names calling everyone who didnt agree with your ganking agenda - I will just tell you what most of you told less aggressive and arrogant players: grit your teeth, man up and deal with it. 

2 people like this

Posted

I've had a revelation! Can I use the big font? Can I can I, huh?

No?

If this 0 xp loss for death thing is a bigger issue to you than desync - you ain't no kind of PVP. :P

Not exactly helpful but I was grouped up in the catfish dudes for hours and it was ridiculous. I have absolutely no idea how one can actually PVP under those conditions, considering that dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks catfish dudes got me three times with their evil pal desync; another player? Fuq that. I think if I were serious PVP, I'd have been gone already. Or, you know, put it aside for a while and see what improvements develop. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I understand, but you repeatedly comment on how it works for "other games" without paying much mind to how many of us flocked to this game *BECAUSE* it's not those "other games"
Those features work in very casual games that push out hardcore players and by and large hardcore players are left searching for a game that doesn't do those things.

It's natural that this change will upset people who explicitly came to BDO to get away from that and get angry that people who have already turned pretty much every western MMO into a casual fest.

I'm not hating on casual games, they are great and have their place... But NOT EVERY GAME NEEDS TO BE CASUAL.

If I want a casual game I'll pull out my cell phone or go download one of the 500 other casual mmo's that put me to sleep, I don't quite understand why everyone seems to want to make every game a copy of every other game in a genre that is already largely stagnant.

Careful BakI, your using logic, that's going to get you flamed on this thread!

Posted (edited)

many things that are in KR wont make it to NA/EU. so your argument that says just because its in the KR client it will come to the NA client is pure bogus.

And this is an error. The differences should only be the language and monetization.

PvPers: HEY WTF CAREBEARS ARE NOW GRIEFING ME FOR HOURS ON END! PLEASE REMOVE PATCH. 

You made 2 error.

- PvPer don't need a reason to pvp and not losing exp is actually a good insensitive to pvp more without having to go in the arena. There have been many more skirmishes outside towns since the patch. So it's good news for pvper.

- The people who are grieifng now are trying to make a point against this patch by griefing each other. Like we say: "griefers gonna grief". They do nothing else than demonstrating that they are a problem. They're also bad for the game longevity. They're constantly complaining about every thing and menace of charge back and quitting when they are not given everything they want. They're the definition of spoiled brat.

Sorry, I meant if Daum EUROPE has communicated that? Since you were quoting them in your post.

DAUM europe probably never did but it's not like they need to. They don't communicate every single little changes before implementing them, That would be a huge and pointless waste of time. Already that the majority of people most likely don't even read the patch note or only skim through them quickly to see what's new.

As an example, they didn't communicate the tamer changes they added on the launch day patch. People complained at the loss in mobility but it was something that was coming sooner or later. It came sooner. Exactly like this current patch. It should have come after everyone cried for a few weeks that they got 1 shot by hacker or nolifer in +20 and have to farm a week of exp at lv 59. But it came earlier.

Edited by Haishao

Posted

And this is an error. The differences should only be the language and monetization.

You made 2 error.

- PvPer don't need a reason to pvp and not losing exp is actually a good insensitive to pvp more without having to go in the arena. There have been many more skirmishes outside towns since the patch. So it's good news for pvper.

- The people who are grieifng now are trying to make a point against this patch by griefing each other. Like we say: "griefers gonna grief". They do nothing else than demonstrating that they are a problem. They're also bad for the game longevity. They're constantly complaining about every thing and menace of charge back and quitting when they are not given everything they want. They're the definition of spoiled brat.

DAUM europe probably never did but it's not like they need to. They don't communicate every single little changes before implementing them, That would be a huge and pointless waste of time. Already that the majority of people most likely don't even read the patch note or only skim through them quickly to see what's new.

As an example, they didn't communicate the tamer changes they added on the launch day patch. People complained at the loss in mobility but it was something that was coming sooner or later. It came sooner. Exactly like this current patch. It should have come after everyone cried for a few weeks that they got 1 shot by hacker or nolifer in +20 and have to farm a week of exp at lv 59. But it came earlier.

PvPers do need a reason to pvp. 1 actually.

- to gain something. 

as it stands we gain NOTHING. 

not only that, we LOSE SOMETHING

so what kind of an idiot would purposefully lose something in order to gain nothing. 

the people killing afk fishing and training, thats not honest pvp, thats grieffing, and honestly they are not majority of the pvp community. I personally would never go after an AFK fishing or horse trainer (unless i have something to gain from it)

Posted

- to gain something. 

so what kind of an idiot would purposefully lose something in order to gain nothing. 

the people killing afk fishing and training, thats not honest pvp, thats grieffing, and honestly they are not majority of the pvp community. I personally would never go after an AFK fishing or horse trainer (unless i have something to gain from it)

Careful my friend, your also using logic, that's a clear violation of this thread and will get you flamed!

Posted

- to gain something. 

What did you gain other than the satisfaction of making someone lose exp?

Killing people for the sole reason of making them lose exp is griefing.

Posted

Keep it the way it is now. Don't let yourselves be strong-armed into undoing something that's better in the long run by those who only care about ruining games for others. Once they kill this one, they'll move onto the next to repeat the cycle.

Posted

In this thread: PvP gankers get a taste of their own medicine in regards to ganking -> immediately lose their minds and flip out and cry how unfun it is.

ok.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

- to gain something. 

The only reason why PvPers PvP its because they like to PvP and not because of exp or loot how that ppl do who hate this patch now.
With evry fight you can feel you earn it more skill,fun and the experience what you get after a goot fight. This is why WE PvPers fight!!!

But all of you and big guild's who call it itself "PvP" players just a high geared pve player who try to push away that ppl who cant beat you because of the gear difference. This is why i see this guild's mostly GvG with little guild's to. But in fair fight's they loose you know why? Because they mostly fight it with Saussan mobs and instantly griefing on new ones or if they alreay got a spot instant PK it in 5v1 because somebody want it to walk that way, Now if you love it the PvP you can PvP more but ofc you can PvE less because you cant fear it away.

BTW i Love this no exp patch because i can fight more and more i hope soon we dont have karma loss if the enemy fight back. Only if they AFK.

Edited by Zarache

Posted (edited)

I understand, but you repeatedly comment on how it works for "other games" without paying much mind to how many of us flocked to this game *BECAUSE* it's not those "other games"
Those features work in very casual games that push out hardcore players and by and large hardcore players are left searching for a game that doesn't do those things.

It's natural that this change will upset people who explicitly came to BDO to get away from that and get angry that people who have already turned pretty much every western MMO into a casual fest.

I'm not hating on casual games, they are great and have their place... But NOT EVERY GAME NEEDS TO BE CASUAL.

If I want a casual game I'll pull out my cell phone or go download one of the 500 other casual mmo's that put me to sleep, I don't quite understand why everyone seems to want to make every game a copy of every other game in a genre that is already largely stagnant.

imho, the issue with that game, isnt the fact they enabled owpvp, so far the main reason why players wanted to play that game ( so siege - node to have an "action" in the open world )

Its the fact that they bound too much the ""pvp""" with progression. And created a important difference of power with the gear. So without considering the different amount of players involved into a fight at some points.

If you didnt have grinded enough you actualy barely stand a chance.

For me, that's this point that look pretty wrong among the game general idea.

EDIT : on a side note, beeing able to "progress easyly", isnt that casual as long as the game offer another "deep" activity.

For exemple Guild Wars 1, you can say its / was very casual, because its strait line, everyone was progressing fast.

BUT i cant ensure you that "casual" was absolutely destroyed by experienced player in pvp ( or """hardcore pvper""" like this community like to use )

So like in pve you had a quite long, or hard skin hunting. That kept busy players for quite many years, and """casual"" wasnt still able to access all that, or wasnt even able to correctly play the pve because it was requiering experience ( of the game, and the game class )

Ppl REALLY confuse easy to access with casual.

It all depend the game design.

Edited by woots