• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback - EXP Penalty Removal from PvP

5,205 posts in this topic

Posted

What did you gain other than the satisfaction of making someone lose exp?

Killing people for the sole reason of making them lose exp is griefing.

if you would have read the post you would have seen that i don't kill Fishers and Horse Trainers.

so what did i gain by killing people?

I gained the right to keep grinding this ressource you tried to take away from me and thus keep gaining EXP at a reasonable rate. Do you want this ressource? come take it from me, but know that i will fight you to keep it.  

Posted

if you would have read the post you would have seen that i don't kill Fishers and Horse Trainers.

I gained the right to keep grinding this ressource you tried to take away from me and thus keep gaining EXP at a reasonable rate. Do you want this ressource? come take it from me, but know that i will fight you to keep it.  

That is the point you can still fight if you want to hog the public resource all for yourself. No one is taking away your capacity to attack and kill others. 

But now, unlike before, you can not just scare people away from that public spot by outgearing/outnumbering them. Now you have to actually fight every time they come back to that public spot. And if you want to keep hogging a public spot now you have to pay the consequences of karma penalty.

Posted

I don't see this issue with this patch that much. I feel that griefing is only growing because of how many people are crying about it, but I do feel there needs to be some change. Something similar to FFXIV where getting first hit on a mob tags it as yours until it dies or resets. This would halt a good chunk of griefing if they are unable to last hit other's mobs.

I'm not saying that there is an exponential increase in griefing. There is an increase, and that is due to the lack of penalty or risk in doing so. Getting first hit on a mob doesn't solve the issue at all. In fact that would only make it easier for the griefing party to tag mobs before the group in rotation gets to it.

Posted

I'm not saying that there is an exponential increase in griefing. There is an increase, and that is due to the lack of penalty or risk in doing so. Getting first hit on a mob doesn't solve the issue at all. In fact that would only make it easier for the griefing party to tag mobs before the group in rotation gets to it.

Not at all, since all the group in rotation needs to do is skip those mobs. 

If that *griefer* can handle the mobs, then he is grinding just like you guys.

If he cant, he will die and you will have the spot back.

Your problem is the sense of entitlement. You rotation group does not own that spot anymore than any other player.

2 people like this

Posted

Your problem is the sense of entitlement. You rotation group does not own that spot anymore than any other player.

if he fights for it and wins it he claimed it, if he can protect it its his to keep as long as he remains undefeated.

this is what OWPVP is

Posted (edited)

I did read what you said and never claimed you killed fisher and horse trainers. I said that pking only to make people lose exp is griefing. The only thing that was changed is the pked people not losing exp and you're complaining that you don't gain anything anymore from killing them. The only thing you don't gain is the satisfaction of making them lose exp.

You still gain resource to grind when killing people. That was never removed from the game. Saying I tried to take it away from you is bullshit since you're the person killing others to claim it your own. This resource is not and was never your property. It's public property allowed to be used by everyone. The game is made so that you can fight and claim it yours at the cost of karma and that was not changed. You are the one taking it away from everyone not the other way around.

You still gain the same thing as before and lose nothing more if you are not a griefer.

Edited by Haishao

Posted

I didn't say they owned it, but being able to contest for it in a "competitive game" should be an option as well. When you skip a pack in a rotation it throws off the rotation and doesn't optimize the exp per time.

Posted (edited)

I did read what you said and never claimed you killed fisher and horse trainers. I said that pking only to make people lose exp is griefing. The only thing that was changed is the pked people not losing exp and you're complaining that you don't gain anything anymore from killing them.

You still gain resource to grind when killing people. That was never removed from the game. Saying I tried to take it away from you is bullshit since you're the person killing others to claim it your own. This resource is not and was never your property. It's public property allowed to be used by everyone. The game is made so that you can fight and claim it yours at the cost of karma and that was not changed. You are the one taking it away from everyone not the other way around.

You still gain the same thing as before and lose nothing more if you are not a griefer.

see that's what you don't understand. I Don't gain ressource to grind when i kill people... you come back 10 seconds later and the situation is like it never happened. and you can do that infinite amount of times.

hypothetically speaking say i am fight and kill someone to gain a spot (great working as intended) he didn't lose XP and i gained my ressource. 

then you come along and try to claim the ressource i fought for and won. but you are not strong enough to defeat me. and i kill you (im 120k karma in the hole now) 

you respawn at the nearest node and 10 seconds you come back and start kill stealing and since you are a ranger you can disrupt the grind i was in. so i ask you politely please leave i was here first. you respond exactly what you wrote, this is a public place it belongs to no one. so i decide to force you out by killing you. im 180 Karma down. 

you literally come back 10 seconds later since you respawned and once again kill steal. and i can't compete because the ranger is able to grind much faster than a zerker. 

so what are my options now

1. kill you again (losing karma) but i gain nothing from it since 10 seconds later you are back here like if nothing ever happened over killing my spawns

2. share the spot i claimed, and soon we will be 14 people here getting 1 kill every 3 minutes (at this rate we will all be leveling up sometime in late 2017.

Edited by SquaZ

Posted

if he fights for it and wins it he claimed it, if he can protect it its his to keep as long as he remains undefeated.

this is what OWPVP is

Nah, it is only *your interpretation of it* AKA just your opinion man, nothing more. To me OwPvP is having the ability to PvP anywhere on world without instances. And it is matching the definition I have. What makes your interpretation more valid then mine?

I didn't say they owned it, but being able to contest for it in a "competitive game" should be an option as well. When you skip a pack in a rotation it throws off the rotation and doesn't optimize the exp per time.

You can still contest for it, and kill that guy. That ability is not taken away from you. But when you are acting like a selfish prick saying "efficiency of my XP gain is diminished because of your presence, therefore you should not have presence here" you have to own up to the consequences of that behavior: being perma red.

If you are too casual to claim a right over a public spot clearing it at the rate you desire without presence of others by staying perma red; then you have no right to claim whatever hardcore bullshit you claim yourselves to be.

3 people like this

Posted

This is -----ed up.

it's like talking to walls

"you don't own the grind spots"

No but i fought for and claimed this grind spot and until you and/or your team can take it away from me I will keep defending it

"you just want to grief and make us lose EXP for fun"

No, we just don't want for you to keep coming back within 10 seconds over and over and over and over and over. we will accept any other solution you have to offer that will make you A) think before attacking someone B) deter you from using death as a mechanic grief players.

"This game is not a PVP game"

This game was advertised as PVP game, and you bought it knowing this. and then you come in and complain that the game has PVP

im done arguing and trying to explain why this patch is really REALLY bad for the future of this game. we have given you logical arguments, corrected  the misconceptions, explained what will happen, and given examples on how it causes more harm than good. but you still ignore it and repeat the same thing you dont own the spot you are not pvping you are just pking. pking is bad for a pve game ......

once you reach 56... let me know how good this patch is when you will need 4 months to reach 57 because you are forced to share. 

NONSENSE!!!!!! ALL OF IT!!!

game has been uninstalled for a few days now but i will stick around lurking these forums to see if DAUM saves it by introducing something to stop the grieffing. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont get it why i have to farm ~45 min for 70k karma to kill a player, while the killed player lose absolutely nothing. so i waste 45min of my life for nothing.

Noob Abyss should switch all servers to PvE only, its about the same...

1 person likes this

Posted

Such terminology, such mentality this PvP community has developed in a game that left room for players who don't want to PvP for the enjoyment of PvP, but who want to just kill over a PvE reason. The reasoning of this "PvP" community has become so toxic, so poisoned, they're not thinking about competitivity anymore.

It should be "hey, let's compete with that guild for that grind spot", but no, instead it is "get the ---- out of OUR grind spot, you have 5 seconds to leave and never come back, or we declare war on you". And I'm like, this is not fun, this not about having fun in a competitive game anymore, reasons just blast in my face why I should stay out of the PvP community.

As my feedback goes, since the quests(except some black spirit ones) and life skills don't grant any important amount of exp past level 50, mobs are the only worth way of leveling. It's pretty pathetic when you think about the idea of a player/party/guild owning a hostile area populated with enemy mobs, putting aside the fact those mobs should be a threat to everyone but they aren't(that's for another discussion). Mobs, important ones or not, granting the most xp/money or not, should be available to everyone as a means of leveling your character up. especially in a pretty huge world like BDO.

Hopefully this week they release Valencia and node/siege wars so those PvPers, along with players who want to join in the competition, can finally PvP in a PvP/GvG proper setup.

Posted

Nah, it is only *your interpretation of it* AKA just your opinion man, nothing more. To me OwPvP is having the ability to PvP anywhere on world without instances. And it is matching the definition I have. What makes your interpretation more valid then mine?

You can still contest for it, and kill that guy. That ability is not taken away from you. But when you are acting like a selfish prick saying "efficiency of my XP gain is diminished because of your presence, therefore you should not have presence here" you have to own up to the consequences of that behavior: being perma red.

If you are too casual to claim a right over a public spot clearing it at the rate you desire without presence of others by staying perma red; then you have no right to claim whatever hardcore bullshit you claim yourselves to be.

You can't really do that. No one ever said I didn't have the ability to either. What I do right now is just let 1 person get killed over and over and then my group goes to wipe them. It doesn't matter how geared you are if you have a zerker locking you while the rest beat you to death. What I am arguing is that there should still be some type of consequence not making it so 1 sided, after all this is a competitive game am I wrong? Where is the consequence for the challenging party's behavior? Since when did I ever claim to do some hardcore bullshit or whatever you are dreaming about lol? Idk what game you are playing but you can't grind in a popular spot being perma red consistently. 

Posted

Perhaps instead of punishing non PvPers, you can reward PvPers, the ones that are mutually flagged that is.. give em some bonuses, or black stones or something like that.. I don't know, would be nice to reward fair PvP, but keep PvE/RPers happy as well.

Posted

Daum, I feel like all of the recent changes were fantastic! Keep up the good work and don't listen to the forums.

The majority of us are in game having a blast!

2 people like this

Posted

Perhaps instead of punishing non PvPers, you can reward PvPers, the ones that are mutually flagged that is.. give em some bonuses, or black stones or something like that.. I don't know, would be nice to reward fair PvP, but keep PvE/RPers happy as well.

Only problem is, what would be considered "fair PvP"? Maybe if both players have somewhere near the same gear score? If someone runs around killing low geared people just racking up Black Stones, I think there would be much more backlash, but yes, I agree fair PvP winners need some reward.

Posted

Daum, I feel like all of the recent changes were fantastic! Keep up the good work and don't listen to the forums.

You aren't the majority.

Posted

You aren't the majority.

yes

Posted

+1 Agreed.

Posted

You aren't the majority.

You are? B|

Posted

+1 I agree, keep up the good work.

Posted

yes

No, and that has been proven, emphatically, by the outcry on the forums.

Look at the post history in general, literally strewn with idiots talking about how they want no PvP in a PvP game.

Complaints about fishing no longer being more profitable than grinding, or posts about how PvP should be an option and done with a quest at 50.

And then came the patch.

And everyone who never posted or didn't care about the forums came out here, pissed off that some shitters yelled about the stupidest shit, and that this dumb ass developer team actually listened to them.

No, you're the -----ing minority, by a large amount.

Posted

No, and that has been proven, emphatically, by the outcry on the forums.

Look at the post history in general, literally strewn with idiots talking about how they want no PvP in a PvP game.

Complaints about fishing no longer being more profitable than grinding, or posts about how PvP should be an option and done with a quest at 50.

And then came the patch.

And everyone who never posted or didn't care about the forums came out here, pissed off that some shitters yelled about the stupidest shit, and that this dumb ass developer team actually listened to them.

No, you're the -----ing minority, by a large amount.

you have no way of knowing that because you don't have statistics on amount of people total.

Posted (edited)

All I've seen is 'harcore PVPers' crying that they have to PVP more to hold down their grind spots

The self-proclaimed 'hardcore PVP' community does nothing but lock out other players from progressing and whine endlessly for changes on the forums.  If they had their way, the game would be tailored to their sh!tty preferences, driving away everyone but the 'elite' until they b!tch about how the game is dying and quit too. 

These same people said 'get gud' and 'quit whining' when people asked for the PVP unlock to be changed, and now they're acting like complete goddamn babies.  I could care less if they chargeback or quit over the patch.

Edited by Anemone

Posted (edited)

All I've seen is 'harcore PVPers' crying that they have to PVP more to hold down their grind spots

This first sentence shows that you don't understand the patch.
It's is not about "have to PVP more to hold down their grind spots", PVP doesn't matter.

I am lvl 56 with decent ap, I can always have the main spot anywhere.
You kill me, ~ 15 seconds later I am back.

And to the ppl saying: If a team of 5 can't outgrind one, they don't deserve the spot:

THEY JUST CANT! No one can!
I ran the main rotation and just kill a single spot of monsters in 2 seconds.
You can freeze, cc, anything you want - it doesn't work like you imagine it.

Edited by Quark