• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback - EXP Penalty Removal from PvP

5,205 posts in this topic

Posted

Reminder that it take about 15 seconds to run from node respawn back into Sausan's. When are we getting a response on this? There needs to be a penalty on death. 

Posted

Reminder that it take about 15 seconds to run from node respawn back into Sausan's. When are we getting a response on this? There needs to be a penalty on death. 

Dont worry, with valencia you will move away from sausan's.

Even tho, considering the unbalanced pvp of BDO its hard to have a "fair" penalty on death. The game system itself dont act in favor of such thing.

( so the fact that you dont have real pvp activities to progress outside thoses "grind spot"... well, that would be considering you have enough player that really want to pvp, and not just pver that just want to be selfish and show off their grind time killing easy target )

Posted

In the interview with Wiggles, PM_Belsazar responded to a question about this.  He indicated they were looking at possibly having respawns occur in towns rather than nodes to address it.

There's probably other options in the oven as well, but that's the only scent that's wafted out so far afaik.  I don't know if maybe a scaled xp penalty in accordance with the dead player's level would work for anyone.  An algorithm based on percentage of player's level might address the large xp-loss to upper level players they are addressing with this change.  Probably can't hurt to keep brainstorming ideas.

I can understand the idea of limited resources in times of war so that you can wage a war of attrition, but I don't personally like the idea of the highest levels always being able to beat the lower levels out of a spot the lower levels need as well.  I think that kind of gameplay should be limited to players belonging to guilds at war.  I know it doesn't provide a 100% solution if all you want to do is keep everybody else down, but I don't personally see that as a viable model if you want the game to survive standard turnover rates.

If you haven't seen the wiggles thing, quick search of youtube will pop it up.  I would recommend listening to it with the window minimized though.

Posted

look at hexe for example. Place is crowded as fk ...

A "crowded as fk" game is a successful game.  I am sure that makes Daum veryyyy happy.  Change is working as intended.  

Daum thanks you for your input.

Posted (edited)

I think it's a very valid reason to not have EXP loss on death. But there definitely needs to be some other form of punishment.

Why not have people always spawn at cities? The idea sounds good, and it promotes that feeling of "organizing and going back, while the holders have a time to take a breath as well". Anyone have a reason why not?

I find it funny though that they all be like "carebear change to please the carebears" but for whatever reason my reminder that a boss has just spawned is a bunch top guilds retracting wars. that's hilarious.

Edited by Katsuragi