• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback - EXP Penalty Removal from PvP

5,205 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

How does this really affect anything?  Literally all that will happen is the person you kill experiences slightly less grief over being PKed.  If he comes back, you get to PK him again.

Now, if you're worried about the fact that neg karma people still lose exp when they die, doesn't that just keep the stakes high for red players?  You get more thrill out of the PVP due to the risk (which isn't any more or less than it was before).  You can always buy karma boosts from the loyalty shop to stay positive.  And if you're worried about people gathering a posse to get back at you, I'd wager that's more likely when people lose exp than if they don't.  Unless you're actually concerned about the possibility that people will retaliate less?

The only thing I can imagine is that people are upset that all their AFK-fisher murder doesn't come with the added bonus of knowing you rolled back someone's progress to the next level, which is beyond pitiful.

Edited by Skotticus
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Perhaps if you're killed by another player you can only respawn in the nearest town, rather than at the node?

Someone suggested that we keep the previous system, but add the option to "Respawn at Town for 0% XP loss." I think this is a brilliant compromise.

Or, we could just take it a step further and automatically send people back to a town if they die to a flagged player under the current system.

EDIT: I found the original poster's suggestion: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/89706-feedback-players-with-0-or-more-karma-will-no-longer-lose-exp-when-they-die-to-another-player-in-pvp/&do=findComment&comment=1179258

Edited by VipeR
1 person likes this

Posted

Someone suggested that we keep the previous system, but  add the option to "Respawn at Town for 0% XP loss." I think this is a brilliant compromise.

Agreed this would be the best compromise.

Posted

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4m200d/viable_solution_for_pvp_deaths/

I'm not a fan of the changes, but this thread is not to argue one way or the other. This thread is to talk about how Daum can adjust the current system so all players benefit.

The exp system can stay the same, it is the way respawns work that is the underlying issue. The ability to instant rez on your body or spawn 100 yards away indefinitely is the issue. This allows players to grief easily and turns guild wars into a zergfest. Times for the concept below can of course be adjusted, and are not the point of the topic - the system itself is the point!

So the solution is this, when you die (in PvP ONLY):

-You can rez on your body (with a tear) once every 20 minutes.

-When you rez at a node, there is a ten minute cooldown on rezzing at that node.

-When the nearest node is on cooldown, you rez at the next closest node and so on.

2 people like this

Posted

You people all act as if they took pvp out of the game entirely... Come on, get a hold of yourselves. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Someone suggested that we keep the previous system, but add the option to "Respawn at Town for 0% XP loss." I think this is a brilliant compromise.

You would still have the QQ from players who decide to afk train their horses in a non safe zone.. Yes, it's their own fault due to lazyness, but I'm sure this played a factor.

Posted

Posted

I think the change is a step in the right direction, ive played eve for a very long time for pure pvp and in all most of the bigger corps in eve.

People like choices in whether to pvp or not to pvp, which this game doesnt allow since at 45 your forced. Lvl 55s killing fresh 50's or under geared players IS NOT pvp, thats just you being a complete ----- and if it was switched around you wouldnt like it either. Not everyone has the time to spend hours and hours a day on a game for the better gear and those players deserve the option whether to pvp or not. This game is the fakest pvp game ive played, you cant claim a pvp game when the deciding factor in said pvp is gear and levels, thats not pvp, wheres the skill involved? oh wait there is none.

Most of the people crying on this forum have never played a real pvp game. In real pvp games people fight back.

5 people like this

Posted

What's stopping you pvpers from just pking people until they decide to not bother coming back?

I don't get it.

Because the salty OP people will become red if they kill undergeared people at sausans too many times

They act like there are going to be TONS of unguilded parties there; 99% of the time, there are guilds overrunning sausans, and they usually declare GvG to compete for the spot, and if they were going to GvG in the first place then I don't know why they are crying so hard about it. This amount of QQ can fill a damn sea, and is 100x worse than sorc QQ.

Posted (edited)

Its an unbalanced system now, flagging is dead and you can no longer defend a spot. Its broken, no negatives to one side of the equation with all negatives to the other. Killing someone means nothing when every spot in this game the respawn is 20 seconds away.

Fix this broken system now, you either remove karma altogether or you make it so when you die to PvP you HAVE to respawn at town. Otherwise this entire system is broken and pointless. Grief all around.

Edited by Huntler

Posted

I think the change is a step in the right direction, ive played eve for a very long time for pure pvp and in all most of the bigger corps in eve.

People like choices in whether to pvp or not to pvp, which this game doesnt allow since at 45 your forced. Lvl 55s killing fresh 50's or under geared players IS NOT pvp, thats just you being a complete ----- and if it was switched around you wouldnt like it either. Not everyone has the time to spend hours and hours a day on a game for the better gear and those players deserve the option whether to pvp or not. This game is the fakest pvp game ive played, you cant claim a pvp game when the deciding factor in said pvp is gear and levels, thats not pvp, wheres the skill involved? oh wait there is none.

Most of the people crying on this forum have never played a real pvp game. In real pvp games people fight back.

Clearly, you have not been engaged in a GvG or in a PvP situation where people fought back (Sausans).

Posted

Those who doesn't want to play this game anymore because of there bullshit patch, just let them know.

I'm not playing bdo to be with some diablo gamer farming mobs brainless til the end of the world...

+

Posted

This is one of the best comments I have ever read regarding PvP!!!!!

Posted

post your gear on the AH before you go please

1 person likes this

Posted

Wish you luck in the next game you play. This isn't for you anymore it seems.

Posted

Rekt 10/10 I like it, pls bring me more tears.

Posted

another qq thread to be added with the 50 others saying the same exact thing

i think we get it that you and a lot of other people are sad. no need to make a whole new thread just to repeat what has been said 50 times already.

Posted

Not a bad idea actually, thought it still would allow zergs to swoop in and easily remove everyone from an area.

Posted

Ok see you

Posted

dude no one gives a shit about you

the 3 people above me is proof of that

1 person likes this

Posted

This is a very lazy change without carefully consider the negative impacts, I feel developer looking for a quick fix without implementing any new solutions: let's just turning off some exp switches.

1. To help lower level player survive, what you need to do is reduce income gained from popular spots for high levels, and give them some better spots to grind, where lower level player has no reason to go to. 

2. In order to prevent mob stealing, a mob tagging system need to implemented

3. In order to prevent endless griefing, a limit should be placed before you start to lose exp or some kind of punishment.

I welcome changes, but game changing thing like this should put more thoughts before it's deployed. We shouldn't creating more problems while trying to fix some, making a group of player happy while another large group angry.  There are always better solutions, think harder, make this game great again. 

Posted (edited)

This is the best change they have made, period. So many horrible people controlling the best grind spots for all chs for only their guild members and no one else, killing other people nearby who had been there first for a long time to steal their spots and widen their controlled area. That was complete bull and extremely wrong, what the hell kind of system is that? No one in their freaking right mind want to play a game so that they can feel oppressed. Get rid of the insanity of zerg guilds controlling everything. We all deserve a fair shot to train where we want and how we want.

The pvp and pk community is highly toxic and cruel to others, its about time they get a 'time out' for their bad behavior.

Edited by Oceanos
4 people like this

Posted

Those who doesn't want to play this game anymore because of there bullshit patch, just let them know.

I'm not playing bdo to be with some diablo gamer farming mobs brainless til the end of the world...

+

Yeah I'm done. It's been too one sided for too long.

I'm on official break status. Daum is heads on pants retarded and these CMs have failed to do anything rational or logical in regards to relating good information to KR.

Just waiting on Camelot Unchained now.

Posted

DAMMIT now i cant pk the people who stealing my weasels anymore!! :(:(:( bye bye weaselspot

Posted

It's a double edged sword.

It helps the lower end of the spectrum and spits in the face of the actual pvp minded guilds trying to get their members war ready and dealing with attacks on multiple fronts.

This clipped the wings of those guilds for driving off mixed teams or guildless players.

It's a quick and hamfisted fix that causes just as many problems as it solves.