• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback - EXP Penalty Removal from PvP

5,205 posts in this topic

Posted

So, flagging on a player and killing them does nothing anymore. The killed player takes no loss and they just walk back to the mob spawns.

Currently, the only way to take your grind spot right is to kill steal mobs, which caters to a higher gear score and prevents low level players from even attempting pve.

If this is going to be a thing then choose one:

1. Remove karma entirely

(there's no point right - they don't take any penalty and there are nodes 2 feet from anywhere)

2. Remove close node spawns

(At the very least remove node spawns so they have to walk back from town- make a pk mean something)

3. Bring in the bounty hunting system that was mentioned at the start of the NA/EU server launch.

(what ever happened to this mechanic?)

Otherwise, there is no open world pvp. You have to be in a guild and they have to war your target. I hope you all have active officers and did lots of guild quests.

Personally, this pretty much ruins what I liked about the game and I'm really disappointed.

Posted

what other reason is there to play this game other than to be the one at the top of the mountain. and no the people who play 2-3 hours a week arent entitled to that.

rofl, do you even listen to yourself?

so just cause someone has an actual Job / family / life, they are not allowed to go anywhere in the game and fight any mobs they want?

really? you're mindset tells me that you are very young, definitely single. and more than likely still live at home.

don't worry once maturity sets in you will see things a little differently.

Posted

There is no disagreement , 2 people want the same thing right? This can be solved in 2 ways just like real life : with diplomacy or with force. If diplomacy fails , force will be used its only normal and natural.

There is a disagreement. Both want the same thing but one is willing to share, the other is not.

What this patch did is prevent the player who doesn't want to share from being able to punish players who dare encroach on "their" mobs.

Posted

Several hours later, all is the same in all channels visited. Not much impact at all post patch

This being the reason I posted this, even tho I have very little hope. Casual players will not be touched by this change. Even tho, some people would like to grind and progress, if they are casual by nature they will avoid any amount of confrontation. Even the slightest chance of getting killed or having to fight a human opponent will put them off.

Honestly, I don't expect much change.

Posted

Go ahead dudes, enjoy wasting your time, I can see it before me, how you sit there in front of your screen, silently crying, snot covering your lip, muttering "take..take THAT you AFK fisher! and THAT! ..uum just gonna run and re-load. But I'll be back ya hear? I can do this all day... because its all I have"

The exact same way people are now running into grind groups solo just to piss them off? Right.

Posted

2. Remove close node spawns

i like this idea 

Posted (edited)

CC'em while gathering - lmao, so many griefing ideas. pls no haterino.

Edited by Kairo
1 person likes this

Posted

Totally wrong.

Mmos will never work in a good way until casual players leave those kind of game.

You need mmos for casual players and you need mmos for hardcore players.

Actually hardcores are just a very vocal 10% these days with another 30% being casuals pretending to be hardcore. MMO makers could get by just fine without pandering to hardcores, as much as I hate to admit it. 

Posted

This is to prevent big guilds from being selfish and start sharing grinding spots with others, just like how the game's supposed to be.

The old system was not good for the game and new players because it lets big guild own popular grinding spots (Sausans) and kills anyone who try to go there.

Our guild is guilty about this too. This will benefit the game and the community afterall.

If you wanted to prevent big guilds from being super geared and progressed far above the other guilds, they should have tackled the loot tables of the field bosses. They are by far the worst balance item in the game - as it only allows the super geared to become more geared.

That's just silly. What reason would a casual player have for flagging and attacking a group of better geared higher level guilded players? I would bet that a significant number of players have never even flagged up.

You would be surprised. More times this has happened to me than I have flagged on someone.

Posted (edited)

Once war decs get thrown around a lot more now because people wont leave, you'll be singing a different song.

That made no sense at all. What are you trying to say?

So people like you that dont even care, make a game mechanic changes for people like me that spend at least 8 hours a day on it and actually care.

I havent made any change whatsoever, i have no power to make a change and i havent asked for the change either, so your point is what?

As i said in my previous reply to you we have nothing more to discuss. They changed the game because griefing undergeared or under leveled players at higher levels is not fun for the player, people that think the change is dumb are the small minority and clearly dont see the bigger picture, or are too selfish to see it, 

People are threatening to leave left right and centre, please do, your the minority but you may spit out your dummies over something this minor you probably still wont leave anyway. Having such a toxic attitude toward a change just because you cant grief low geared/levels anymore is pretty pathetic. You wont have a game too play with that attitude.

Cya around :) Not saying anymore on the matter. :)

Edited by ShadeUK

Posted

Why is every forum ----- saying get a job? WTF? How do you know if we have a job or not? Yeah I have a job, 5 days a week and I can still say the casual trash who write on forums every day are killing this game. You probably post on these forums while you are sitting on the toilet at work too. You all sicken me. The past 2 months of this game has been nothing but "catch-up mechanics" for you casual people. 

DAUM has made it so easy for you guys to get gear and compete yet you are still whining about being pk'd. ----- ya'll, ----- this forum and ----- the king. 

2 people like this

Posted

I just got it from Twitch and in-game. The Top guilds are really doing something real about this and taking it serious due to them staying competitive (more money from grinding etc.). There will be more update on it, but most likely only between Top Guilds. Everything is not in place as far as I heard, but will be executed. :)

well good for you guys. Think it is a really good idea. I just play bdo with few friends, so not interested from a guild standpoint, but would happily support it however possible.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, how many times you think this will work for you? 3 or 4 before all your gear and gems are busted? How long before I don't even have to PK you because the Sausans, themselves, will ----- you before you even bother me? lol

tell you what. Post a video of you doing this. I want to watch you fail at it and eat popcorn.

You're either a shit tier troll, or you dont know the game.

Gems don't break in PvP. (At least if you're not negative karma, and why would I ever be negative karma with this patch?)

Learn the game you scrub before you start suggesting what mechanics they patch.

Edited by Duke_Von_Sausage

Posted

Just realized - What is going to happen to TEAR SELLS?

They had to be making bank off of those tears. I've heard their reasoning, but for them to cut into their own profits. That just seems horrible.

Posted

RIP BDO

1 person likes this

Posted

I had posted it in another thread, but this is a quote from Pearl Abyss way back before the Korean release. It's from an interview they did with Steparu.

"PK is possible but we are still discussing on how much of it we will allow. We think that it should be just right so that players don't leave the game because of too much PK. We are also considering making PK available during guild wars, so other players can PK other players who are in GvG. It is still too early us to decide."

They are going to have tools on their end for measuring what players are doing, including how often players are being PK'ed. Given the drop in population I think it very likely that this change was done to see if preventing that all-too-frequent PK problem will help stop the exodus of players.

Players outside the hardcore no-lifers now have the freedom to go where they please and experience the content they want to, and perhaps that will retain player numbers better than having the game be dominated by only the small number of players on top.

I cant like anymore...if this was the mind set before korean release then they had this thought for all versions after. So daum is just adding what PA wants for their game. 

Posted

it's ok cuz god made patch notes and removed death on being killed, and so colonists and indigenous people lived in harmony. 

Would be nice if true! 

On a serious note, I just can't believe that some ppl see this as a good thing. (the patch note) 

Think about it. It's not like we have pve raids to organize. It's not like there are pve instances to beat.  BDO is a player v player game at its core. There absolutely needs to be a system to manage this. Not a slam your face vs the opponent till they leave you alone system. 

Posted (edited)

you don't get it at all do you? I laid it out already in my post. Before this patch people would use tears to respawn over and over and make you go red while griefing you in a mob spot. Now anyone can do that for free. You aren't going to be able to grind either because all of those "PvP gankers" you hate are the exact same people that are going to do this new method to all the people that wanted it. They will get their grind spot one way or another and all daum is doing is promoting griefing and trolling with this update.

You're just too blind to see that until it actually happens to you.

I wont go red. You are just another one of those idiots in a confortable position trying to keep things the way they are and increase the gap between players by playing the game as a second job and acting like douchebags in game lol it's sad. If you want to pvp and gear whore people wait for sieges. Now, people will get a chance to level, make silver and get gear just like you these no lifers with "exclusive" access to areas that should be available to all have had so far. Deal with it, no more top guild crap. Now proceed to disbanding your guild because they've taken your life away and quit the game, people like you wont be missed.

Edited by CryNoLifersCryyyy
1 person likes this

Posted

Otherwise, there is no open world pvp. You have to be in a guild and they have to war your target. I hope you all have active officers and did lots of guild quests.

The amount of owpvp now is the same as before this patch, though

Posted

There is no disagreement , 2 people want the same thing right? This can be solved in 2 ways just like real life : with diplomacy or with force. If diplomacy fails , force will be used its only normal and natural.

People don't seem to get this though and jump up and down all day about respecting someone else's play by letting them disrespect the time and energy put into organizing a guild, waiting for an opening for a spot and then claiming it.

They act like the people who object to this change are the people who grief when really this patch does nothing to those griefers.

Uber red players who pk everyone - don't care, they're going to continue killing everyone
Horse snipers / fish killers - don't care, they're still going to snipe and push people to a watery grave and wont even be eating the biggest karma tick anyways
Karma griefers are given a free pass.

The people that harass casual players will continue to do so without worry; guilds holding down grind spots will rotate kills to spread out karma loss against single players but even that has limits before they start going red... forget about pushing out a whole group that tries to move in unless you can reasonably wardec them.

Meanwhile the super elites who are at the top of progression with very little to do till the next patch can just go sit at those high value spots and xp grief by not letting others xp there and giving them no recourse to try and stop them.

Posted

Daum , you need to either revert this or change how Karma system works altogether. The purpouse for this was to allow the casual players to catch up to the hardcore ones. Well you're doing it -----ing wrong , the answer for that struggle is BUFF PIRATES. Make pirates better in terms of XP for sausans , for drops for everything. So the people that can farm there will farm there instead of chosing sausans. But what you did , was the opposite. Today Daum ninja nerfed pirates , the drops and XP are worse from last week.

What the actual -----? Is Daum trying to destroy this game by overpopulating Sausans and then saying they're doing it to balance it?

And for the casual players bringing the -----ing lamest of excuses which is "This is not your game this is not your spots blah blah give us rights". If you come in the spot im in and want the same mobs as me we will have a disagreement. Disagreements are either solved by dipolmacy (asking someone nicely to leave ) or by force. Basically Daum just removed one aspect from that in an attempt to create a Utopia. Have we turned communists overnight or what?

Posted

A sausan group of 5 will still get 90% of the xp (guessing) with 1 or 2 solo peeps coming in and pecking away at the mobs (now with impunity because of no xp loss). Not that big of a deal I think. The real 'test' is suppose there are 5 groups of 5 competing for 3 loops... The calculation is to either

• kill them and grind up 60k of karma before they come back
  • out dps-them and not get as much as 'before-this-change'
  • switch channels

All in all, not as 'exciting' as before...

Posted

The reason why nothing Daum put out will ever work is because this community is full of assholes and shitters and griefers. 

maybe now's the time to reroll sorc!

Posted (edited)

A TON of people are leaving

yes... :D   ... and I can't wait to see the source Data ppl come up with for that conclusion for a game that isn't even on Steam

Edited by iller

Posted

Title says it all...

I think the real reason the "hardcore" pvpers are  mad about the change is that now they are force to pvp... before they could just pk someone and the person who didn't want to lose xp didn't fight back but left... Now they are force to fight since we will come back to fight...

Seems kinda strange that pvpers don't want to actually pvp..

Crazy and ironic that the people quote unquote who like to pvp don't want to..

AGAIN TLDR:  With the change people will actually want to pvp since they have nothing to lose but time... Iamirite?

1 person likes this