• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dear PVP players crying over this change.

217 posts in this topic

Posted

So i literally just bought this game as i heard it was openworld PVP now i am reading all this crap the same as back in AOC whiner babies wanting pvp rules changed .. Guess what i bet all you pve carebares want the benefits and rewards that come from hard fought PVP sieges and battles just the same as every other game where PVP gives rewards to guilds strong enough to take them. Do you realise OPEN WORLD  PVP means hold onto your panties sweetypie there are people out to kill you just BECAUSE no reason other than your on their screen so you must die. 

Also do you realise that with openwold pvp comes the skills to hold your own in larger scale battles get 1 good commander to direct 10 good solo pvpers and watch them rick roll 30 players seen it done many times . These same people you hate on so much are the ones that put more time and effort into the game than most of you ever will now do not get me wrong i enjoyed RAIDS in many games as much as i enjoyed PVP in some instances you just need to remember in OWPVP your going to get hurt lots and lots and lots its not personal your just another MOB to players like me :)

1 person likes this

Posted

So i literally just bought this game as i heard it was openworld PVP now i am reading all this crap the same as back in AOC whiner babies wanting pvp rules changed .. Guess what i bet all you pve carebares want the benefits and rewards that come from hard fought PVP sieges and battles just the same as every other game where PVP gives rewards to guilds strong enough to take them. Do you realise OPEN WORLD  PVP means hold onto your panties sweetypie there are people out to kill you just BECAUSE no reason other than your on their screen so you must die. 

Also do you realise that with openwold pvp comes the skills to hold your own in larger scale battles get 1 good commander to direct 10 good solo pvpers and watch them rick roll 30 players seen it done many times . These same people you hate on so much are the ones that put more time and effort into the game than most of you ever will now do not get me wrong i enjoyed RAIDS in many games as much as i enjoyed PVP in some instances you just need to remember in OWPVP your going to get hurt lots and lots and lots its not personal your just another MOB to players like me :)

hmmm ok I bite

AOC was a long time ago and when I was on that server it was a PvP only server. I have no clue what you are talking about when bring up AOC.

There is no such thing as OwPvP in BDO as you see it. Sure you can PK, but with the karma system the way it is you can kill about what 5 players before going perma red and there no reward for pking. last I say with 10 players fully gear can take out 30 players not gully gear and that a given. I guess that is why most guilds are maxing out their numbers or making deals with other guilds. Sure  10 players might take out 30 but I am sure they will have problems taken out 100.

Posted

...Most of you people have the brain capacity of a badly coded mob anyway

And this is why I hate all of you so-called pvpers, even if I love pvp myself.

Posted

Let's face it, PvP in this game will never be a "Core" mechanic, you have way too much PvE in this game, for anyone new or old, to believe that, PvP is even remotely a "Core" mechanic or part of the game. Siege/Node wars will be SO controlled over when you can attack, when you defend, what days you can do either, ect. If PvP was any part of the "Core" of this game, you wouldn't have to spend weeks grinding out levels, you wouldn't have to invest millions/billions into your gear, SP wouldn't be so hard to come by to finish off a proper PvP build.

As it is, and as I have said above, PvE is everything in this game, the PvP is SO minuscule in comparison, your going to spend so much of your time just preparing to inch in to being on a competitive level, and for what, so you can stroke your e-peens in-game/forums, or post shitthreads/salt posts like the ones created between Mango Bay and Gatekeepers (Edan US)?

I feel that, their needs to be a penalty for people who will KS/Harass a Grind/Farm group, but not one that overgeared/overleveled people can abuse. Like others have suggested, maybe the more you get killed in "Short-succession" the longer your respawn timer is, or how far you spawn away from where you was killed, like Your killed in Calpheon territory, first death, you can use the node, second, you respawn in the furthest town/city in that territory, third you have a longer spawn timer, and respawn in the next territory over. So with this, you would have people who just give up, because running back from, heidal when you was killed in sausans, is just too much for them to waste their time, that could be spent on farming/leveling.

Posted

pk is pvp.  Fighting a player is pvp.  Flagging up for a spot is pvp.  PvP isn't just instanced arena with equalized gear, this was different pvp.  

Please, you haven't played games where people use the word PK and PVP. 

Posted

Please, you haven't played games where people use the word PK and PVP. 

If you say so:)

Posted

Then let's all unbind the flag hotkey since we don't need it anymore 

Posted

I just created my newest character named "DaumForGriefing". This character's role is to fulfill my need to ruin other's experience by Flagging > Tagging targeted players > Dying to player's AoE > Profiting from their karma loss.  This wasn't possible before, but now, finally, what I've been waiting for. A way to seriously damage someone's experience and get them to leave them game. It's perfect, they have no way to respond to me and my tactic. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

If you say so:)

Yes I say so~ You filthy care bear :v

Posted

Carebears = Ebola, same battle.

Posted

Well..

Once most carebears catch up to 56 they'll ask to revert the change.

gl

Posted (edited)

Yes I say so~ You filthy care bear :v

5, 4, 3, 2, 1!!!  You make no sense sir..

Edited by ulti19

Posted

"Killing other players is not PVP."

Translated OP for you.

Posted

"Killing other players is not PVP."

Translated OP for you.

it 100% is

ARENA MATCH  is a subset of pvp is a 1-3-5-10 man team versus an equally balanced team in an controled environment with set rules such a timers, goals, where points are given to each team. there is a start and an end and a clear winner is announced at the end

another subset of PvP is OPEN WORLD PVP, which you might call PK. which is non consensual pvp that can happen anywhere in the world at any time. it is rarely fair and often used to secure ressources such as mining locations, cities/keeps, grinding locations. There are no rules, there are no controlled environment, nor fair teams. it's the law of the jungle where the strongest survive and the weak either joins or gets killed. 

another subset of pvp is GUILD VS GUILD. Guild A will have to pay a sum of in game currency to be able to fight Guild B without penalties (unless Guild B accepts the mutual agreement) GvG is often used to chase away or take over territory without incurring criminal penalties. a mutual war is when 2 guild just want to have fun killing each other.

Another Subset of PvP is Sieges. where many guilds fight over a single unique keep/castle/city that only 1 guild can hold onto at any one time. usually these keeps/castles/nodes/etc will give bonuses that can't be obtained otherwise. usually there are time windows where these locations become vulnerable and the holding guild has to defend its claim whlle the others fight to claim it.

there are other pvp subsets such as market manipulation, trade routes, freights and blocades to name a few which are not present in this game.

in BDO there IS NO ARENA MATCH. Currently there are only Open world PvP and Guild v Guild. and SIEGES (soon) none of the mentioned ones are supposed to be a fair fight. in BDO, if you chose to level past 45, you understand (and you knew this when yo ubought the game) that there will be unfair pvp. 

in fact, if you are past lvl 45 and you click on the "log in" button you automatically consent to  OWPVP, GVG and soon SIEGES

Posted (edited)

Get out.

Seriously. Get out.

What you are doing was not PVP anyways. 

Retarded idiot... the PvP Players in a PvP Game are the ones that pay the bills for the servers and the future content... 

Edited by Real

Posted

Oh ----- off you -----ing inbreds

If you didn't want to PvP you should go play a singleplayer game or a PVE oriented themepark mmo like ffxiv or something

You chose your bed, now lie in it. Stop -----ing and ruining games for the other players because the games didn't conform to your standards, you knew the rules and yet you bought it anyway and then -----ed on the forums until it got "fixed" instead of learning to not be a bottomfeeding trash player. Cause ----- challenge and danger in mmos amirite

Posted

Oh ----- off you -----ing inbreds

If you didn't want to PvP you should go play a singleplayer game or a PVE oriented themepark mmo like ffxiv or something

You chose your bed, now lie in it. Stop -----ing and ruining games for the other players because the games didn't conform to your standards, you knew the rules and yet you bought it anyway and then -----ed on the forums until it got "fixed" instead of learning to not be a bottomfeeding trash player. Cause ----- challenge and danger in mmos amirite

lol

buys a game with open world pvp, demands open world pvp to be removed from game, because Logic!

seriously, there is a pletora of games that would cater to their every need, why come into a game not intended for them? its like buying a strawberry milkshake and then complaining that there are strawberries in it... i just came for the milk! FFS!

Posted

I'm a bit late to this discussion, but do crystals not break in PvP combat (I honestly don't know)?  is that not a reason to not let yourself get killed repeatedly in PvP?  Also, isn't any PvPer worth their salt just able to grind back any lost Karma? 

Ultimately the penalties seem very similar to both parties (lost time).

Posted

I'm a bit late to this discussion, but do crystals not break in PvP combat (I honestly don't know)?  is that not a reason to not let yourself get killed repeatedly in PvP?  Also, isn't any PvPer worth their salt just able to grind back any lost Karma? 

" isn't any PvPer worth their salt just able to grind back any lost Karma? "

yes, but not within the 10-15 seconds it takes for the attacker to come back after death. (40 times in a row... witch equivalates to about 10 minutes)

Posted

Crystals only break when you have negative karma or die to a mob.
The problem with Karma grind is just that it's tedious - and in most situations defending a grind spot is the reason you flagged up in the first place.

Posted

Lets be clear.

PK EVERYONE on sight is PART of PvP.

Most of my BEST PvP Comes from PK.

YOU PK someone in the back , YOU kill him 1 SHOT.

HE Comes back with Friends , you are now 1vs3

YOU KILL the 3 players alone.

(Good times good times HARD FIGHT , had to kite , had to take my opportunity , had to made switch , HAD to force trinket , and swtich and come back after trinket , HAD to kite in close environment AND BAM AEO 3 kill )

They come back with 5 players .

YOU DIE

They laugh on how noob you are.

You laugh on how big army they need to down you.

You come back , because it is why you play the game ! FOR THESES MOMENT

You kill all of them this time just by killing 1 by 1 and Kiting and waiting CD and taking your times.

They rage and they change channel.

They are now gone..... ALL the grind spot is yours .... BUT idc , lets find other player to kill BECAUSE IT IS WHY I PLAY.

PK will lead to PvP

Sometimes you kill someone 1 shot and he gones, bahhh no PvP im not glad about it.

Doing PK is CREATING OPPORTUNITIES for PvP

1 person likes this

Posted

Get out.

Seriously. Get out.

What you are doing was not PVP anyways. 

don't wast your time wile PK is in a way PvP, PK is mostly practiced by those who get their ass anded to them in actual PvP and feel the need to boost their ego and get mad when they are penalized for it....

1 person likes this

Posted

It seems like the change is meant to prevent backwards progress due to PvP but doesn't benefit the Aggressor enough.  I can see both sides of the argument, one side wants exclusivity on the area, the other doesn't want to lose progress when they are ganked.  

There should be a middle ground for this design that doesn't set the victim back but still gives them a good reason to back off if they are clearly outgunned.  An idea I think would be neat is if by PKing someone, you reduce their exp and drop gains in that area for a period of time (unless they kill you back).  This would discourage them from coming back and feeding themselves to PKs.  Continually feeding to PKers should also reduce their accuracy in that area as well to further discourage them from staying as the mobs will get harder for less gain.

I'm not a PKer myself but I can understand the frustration of someone feeding themselves to penalize you.  At the same time i don't like some PKer causing me to lose progress when I have no chance of standing up to them.

Additionally, I think the karma penalty for killing someone repeatedly should decrease if they are just feeding themselves to you.  -200k, -100k, -50k, -25k....  That way being a jerk to one person is less signficant than being a jerk to alot of people.

2 people like this

Posted

It seems like the change is meant to prevent backwards progress due to PvP but doesn't benefit the Aggressor enough.  I can see both sides of the argument, one side wants exclusivity on the area, the other doesn't want to lose progress when they are ganked.  

There should be a middle ground for this design that doesn't set the victim back but still gives them a good reason to back off if they are clearly outgunned.  An idea I think would be neat is if by PKing someone, you reduce their exp and drop gains in that area for a period of time (unless they kill you back).  This would discourage them from coming back and feeding themselves to PKs.  Continually feeding to PKers should also reduce their accuracy in that area as well to further discourage them from staying as the mobs will get harder for less gain.

I'm not a PKer myself but I can understand the frustration of someone feeding themselves to penalize you.  At the same time i don't like some PKer causing me to lose progress when I have no chance of standing up to them.

Additionally, I think the karma penalty for killing someone repeatedly should decrease if they are just feeding themselves to you.  -200k, -100k, -50k, -25k....  That way being a jerk to one person is less signficant than being a jerk to alot of people.

here is someone with common sense... this guy understands thhat losing PVE progression due to PvP is a stupid system. but also understands that feeding themselves onto someone to win should not be rewarded.

2 people like this

Posted

here is someone with common sense... this guy understands thhat losing PVE progression due to PvP is a stupid system. but also understands that feeding themselves onto someone to win should not be rewarded.

Thanks! :)

I really think that a lot of the gripes I see are when people are too salty from PvP that they can't draw the distinction between getting PK'd and getting griefed.  It's a fine line and Daum needs to get better at recognizing what that is and how to manage it better.

I have not PvP'd much, I have been PK'd less than that, and been actually griefed far less than that.  And you don't need to be PK'd to be griefed.  As it stands now, getting fed by a noob is actually getting griefed even though you're not dying.

That said, I still hate you PKer's that kill me :P