• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dear PVP players crying over this change.

217 posts in this topic

Posted

Law of the Jungle 

This .... so this.

Posted

yRzyZ3X.jpg

Posted

Reason why it became a ghost town was party due to all the bots that inflated the economy and caused P2W, but moreso because the fate of a 2-race game caused one race to be dominant and the other to be zzzzzz, which means that no matter how good of a PvP system/design they have, the problem becomes no opponent to fight.

I completely agree that Aion had the best PvP system of all MMO's I've ever played.

It was great, because of how the PvP point system worked - it really was a brilliant and simple design that worked incredibly well.

Best PVP except that is made you go zzzzz... Makes perfect sense.

Posted

Best PVP except that is made you go zzzzz... Makes perfect sense.

It was great PvP until the opponent quit. What don't you understand?

Posted

Remove karma loss. Problem solved.

You PvE'rs can keep your exp. We chicken shit Pk'ers can keep/take our/your grind spots, and if you so choose to contend with us, bring it on.

Otherwise do not try to contend with someone else's farm. Pvp'ers are much more likily to play longer then someone who PvE's. Coincidently Pvp'ers PvE MORE then PvE'rs.

If your dying to some shit head on a road. Grats, switch channels.

If you want Karma to stay so someone cant kill same person over and over again. Make it so said person who died while being flagged on. Cant PvE for 10-15 minutes around their last 3 death markers, and force them too move or switch channels.

As for kill stealing, if I'm there first and keep killing mobs after they kill me, I'm not stealing anything. I was there killing mobs and continue to do so - my behavior hasn't changed. Just because they come in thinking they're BAMs doesn't make me a thief, since I was already there. Killing me doesn't make the mobs theirs. If they think so, that's fine, but there's nothing in the game mechanics that lead me to believe the definition of ownership is whoever wins at PVP. As I said, If that were the case, they'd make us fight for instanced mob access.

No but on the reverse side of things if there wasn't any PvP what so ever, my best option for the best farm is too take your spot. If you don't like it, well i guess you lose +/- of your mobs cause of the other player. Now you have too move to get the best farm rate.

If I find you in-game I wont PK you, I will intentionally grind over your farming spot. Because the new meta isn't to pk you if you enter someone else grind spot. It is to annoy the living shit out of them till they; leave, kill you, declare war, or out farm you.

Posted

It was great PvP until the opponent quit. What don't you understand?

So overall, big picture the PVP made you zzzzz. You can't even compare Aion PVP to BDO because BDO doesn't have 2 factions it's an entirely different animal.

Remove karma loss. Problem solved.

You PvE'rs can keep your exp. We chicken shit Pk'ers can keep/take our/your grind spots, and if you so choose to contend with us, bring it on.

Otherwise do not try to contend with someone else's farm. Pvp'ers are much more likily to play longer then someone who PvE's. Coincidently Pvp'ers PvE MORE then PvE'rs.

If your dying to some shit head on a road. Grats, switch channels.

If you want Karma to stay so someone cant kill same person over and over again. Make it so said person who died while being flagged on. Cant PvE for 10-15 minutes around their last 3 death markers, and force them too move or switch channels.

No but on the reverse side of things if there wasn't any PvP what so ever, my best option for the best farm is too take your spot. If you don't like it, well i guess you lose +/- of your mobs cause of the other player. Now you have too move to get the best farm rate.

If I find you in-game I wont PK you, I will intentionally grind over your farming spot. Because the new meta isn't to pk you if you enter someone else grind spot. It is to annoy the living shit out of them till they; leave, kill you, declare war, or out farm you.

Insanity. The point of the karma system was ALWAYS a punishment for PKing some random player = acting like an outlaw. You're suggesting a system where the victim be punished alongside with the outlaw. That's not how it works, this isn't some Pre-School where the bully kid and bullied kid are both sent to the corner so the bully doesn't go home feeling picked on lol. You want the guy who got PKed while auto pathing to not be able to fight mobs for 10-15 minutes anywhere near where they died? LOL! Listen to yourself! The Karma system was a huge part of BDO from day 1 and Exp loss has been removed from every version of BDO. Time to get with the program because this is how the game operates.  It seems some people are having difficulty understanding how this game operates when the info was readily available for years. :shrugs:

2 people like this

Posted

So overall, big picture the PVP made you zzzzz. You can't even compare Aion PVP to BDO because BDO doesn't have 2 factions it's an entirely different animal.

Insanity. The point of the karma system was ALWAYS a punishment for PKing some random player = acting like an outlaw. You're suggesting a system where the victim be punished alongside with the outlaw. That's not how it works, this isn't some Pre-School where the bully kid and bullied kid are both sent to the corner so the bully doesn't go home feeling picked on lol. You want the guy who got PKed while auto pathing to not be able to fight mobs for 10-15 minutes anywhere near where they died? LOL! Listen to yourself! The Karma system was a huge part of BDO from day 1 and Exp loss has been removed from every version of BDO. Time to get with the program because this is how the game operates.  It seems some people are having difficulty understanding how this game operates when the info was readily available for years. :shrugs:

Speaking of information readily available for years:

Black Desert Online is a competitive PvP game, where open world PvP and PK’ing is possible. We expect our players to look for an in game resolution for these issues.

Source: https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207567515-Reporting-a-Player-for-Harassment

1 person likes this

Posted

All this talk about unfair ganking lol. Can anyone say care Bears?  you knew what you were getting yourself into when you bought the game LOL

Posted

Speaking of information readily available for years:

Black Desert Online is a competitive PvP game, where open world PvP and PK’ing is possible. We expect our players to look for an in game resolution for these issues.

Source: https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207567515-Reporting-a-Player-for-Harassment

Thanks for this! I've been looking for this statement for a while.

Posted

Get out.

Seriously. Get out.

What you are doing was not PVP anyways. 

Tryhards don't pvp, they stack gear with effort (and a little luck) and then pretend other players are npc's and pat themselves on the back over it.  Why do they do this?  So they can pve, of course!

So who is the real carebear?

Posted

They realized the Karma system is flawed that's why they removed the xp loss. Only in clan wars or flagged in pvp you shouldn't have penalties.

Posted

if I punch the victim in the face. You are right we are not in preschool where both of us get a time out in the corner... I woul get a time out only right? What about the black eye the victim got when I punched him? Does that go away because I went to the corner? I'm pretty sure that victim will avoid repeating whatever he did to get punched.

Posted

Those who kill others without consent are bully pk'ers  and deserve to be bandits. Pk'ers are like bandits, bandits murder and should be shunned criminals that are not allowed into towns. Pkers are cowards that just like picking on others. And like the cowards they really are, cry when they are punished.

pvp is a proper fight against simular ranked players, not someone ungeared with unequal lvl.

PvP is the interaction between two players, regardless of gear, class, skill, etc. Player killing falls under the category of PvP, it just signifies that someone died in the exchange. The only reason the term exists is because some entitled upset little snowflake like you is playing the victim on a public forum in hopes of changing the game where you won't be triggered in your fantasy land because of lack of skill, gear, etc. Don't like it, don't play. But don't expect the game to conform around you.

Yeah ok.gif

Posted

if I punch the victim in the face. You are right we are not in preschool where both of us get a time out in the corner... I woul get a time out only right? What about the black eye the victim got when I punched him? Does that go away because I went to the corner? I'm pretty sure that victim will avoid repeating whatever he did to get punched.

Far to overly vague to be feasible. What if the kid with the black eye was just walking across the playground for a drink of water? Or to play basketball? Are you saying that kid should no longer get drinks of water or play basketball? See getting a drink of water and playing basketball are all acceptable and rewarded behaviors and not punishable whereas punching a kid for just using said features provided to them is not. Which perfectly brings us back the point of the Karma system. Sure you can PK a player for using the features of the game that they bought and paid just like you could punch a kid and give them a black eye for wanting to get a drink of water or play basketball. In both situations though there are penalties for doing it. A suspension leading to expulsion for giving a kid the black eye at the Preschool and the Karma loss in BDO.

It's been that way since pre beta and all versions of the game removed the EXP loss on PK death as it was costing higher level players literally weeks worth of work in the blink of an eye so I really don't understand why it's even discussed anymore. Don't like it? Runescape is that way --->

Posted

Far to overly vague to be feasible. What if the kid with the black eye was just walking across the playground for a drink of water? Or to play basketball? Are you saying that kid should no longer get drinks of water or play basketball? See getting a drink of water and playing basketball are all acceptable and rewarded behaviors and not punishable whereas punching a kid for just using said features provided to them is not. Which perfectly brings us back the point of the Karma system. Sure you can PK a player for using the features of the game that they bought and paid just like you could punch a kid and give them a black eye for wanting to get a drink of water or play basketball. In both situations though there are penalties for doing it. A suspension leading to expulsion for giving a kid the black eye at the Preschool and the Karma loss in BDO.

It's been that way since pre beta and all versions of the game removed the EXP loss on PK death as it was costing higher level players literally weeks worth of work in the blink of an eye so I really don't understand why it's even discussed anymore. Don't like it? Runescape is that way --->

whatever the consequences to me, suspension or expulsion, that kid still has a black eye and it -----ing hurts. 

runescape is that way---------------------> 

<------------------------- I'm actually playing eve online that way. you know, a game with actual death penalties and actual consequences for murdering someone. 

Posted

This is the current state of PvP in this game. It's funny to come to the PvP forum and find it full of carebears who complain because they can't make the cut; competition is now in finding more effective ways to grind, outpace or out farm your foes. Welcome to end game PvP.

If you can't handle it, untwist your panties and go find some other game to be a noob in.