• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Hunt of the carebear

592 posts in this topic

Posted

Say...isn't that the guild leader for FUtilez?  AFK Fishing?  Gosh, wasn't he the one who supported the Carebear hunt...?

mujKe7C.jpg

Hopefully you pushed him in, then started a strawpoll to show the majority of the player base wanted you to do it.

B-but just tell me main char name i wanna pay a visit

Tajee :) cya there, think I'll be home late today though.
But weekend should be completely free.

Posted

Lol what a salty little baby the OP is. Whine and throw some temper tantrums some more please, it amuses me greatly.

3 people like this

Posted

OK so first of all if you concede that for high geared people this change did nothing - then what exactly has ' turned the game in a big mess' for them? NOTHING has changed for them in your own words. And if you consider yourself a higher geared player, then you have just admitted that from the point of view of pve grinding, you have nor reason at all to complain about the change.

Mechanically, if you want to flag and attack someone, you are not affected WHATSOEVER by this change. Are you saying that the only reason for having meaningful pvp is if you know that the game will penalize your opponent for loosing in terms of xp??? Poor me thinking that PVP ITSELF is the main reason to pvp. 

It's funny how you tunnel vision and don't think.

It's a mess because the people not super high geared will just ks each other and grief and not get any decent xp out of it, wich is the total opposite of what the fix was meant to do.

The second part is that no penalty on death = griefing. It's the same for everyone, if someone wants to piss you off, you have nothing to do against it except griefing back.

And last, the change doesn't need to affect me to make me react, it's bad design, bad idea, it brings nothing good and makes the game in a bad state, at least atm. So yeah that's enough for me to be against that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Lol what a salty little baby the OP is. Whine and throw some temper tantrums some more please, it amuses me greatly.

Happy to oblige

pq4w8j.jpg

Hopefully you pushed him in, then started a strawpoll to show the majority of the player base wanted you to do it.

Tajee :) cya there, think I'll be home late today though.
But weekend should be completely free.

Sure thats your main sir?

Posted

Sure thats your main sir?

For the moment, who knows if I get sick of Musa at some point.. I mean, the others are lower levels, so yes I consider that my main.
What about you? :) what is your main? and the name of it?

Posted

For the moment, who knows if I get sick of Musa at some point.. I mean, the others are lower levels, so yes I consider that my main.What about you? :) what is your main? and the name of it?

Its a suprise, i'm gonna be your secret admirer

Posted

so sad to see todays NA/EU Comunities....thread can be closed, nothing new =(

Posted (edited)

AFK'er were getting killed before the XP patch anyway. Only difference is the PK'rs are making a load of noise on the forums when they do it now .This entire thread is invalid.

Edited by Franko

Posted

I don't understand. How does killing afk players prove the new system is faulty?

It's just not an intelligent act from the OP, nor a mature one.

Posted

It's funny how you tunnel vision and don't think.

It's a mess because the people not super high geared will just ks each other and grief and not get any decent xp out of it, wich is the total opposite of what the fix was meant to do.

The second part is that no penalty on death = griefing. It's the same for everyone, if someone wants to piss you off, you have nothing to do against it except griefing back.

And last, the change doesn't need to affect me to make me react, it's bad design, bad idea, it brings nothing good and makes the game in a bad state, at least atm. So yeah that's enough for me to be against that.

I 'am tunnel visioned and don't think'? You just said (quote) in your previous post 'For the highest geared people, the situation is the exact same' - and in the your very next post, you come up with things that show the exact opposite: 'The second part is that no penalty on death = griefing. It's the same for everyone, if someone wants to piss you off, you have nothing to do against it except griefing back.' So which is it? If higher geared people are not affected by the change whatsoever, then how is 'everyone' affected?

As you well know, hogging grinding spots is typically only an issue with high geared people / guilds for the simple reason that the most efficient spots are at higher levels. At lower levels, what you call 'griefing' is essentially a non-issue (especially given that pvp is not even activated anyway at low levels).

To the other point: You CAN of course go to the forums discussing / complaining about things that don't even affect you, but this seems rather unusual. I was merely clarifying that according to what you are saying, you are here because you are unhappy about a rule that does not even affect you personally.

Posted

Ah yes, another example of how the self-proclaimed "pvp players" are nothing but a bunch of griefers. One can only hope that all the "carebears" who previously went about their business in peace and are now being harassed speak up. I hope they come to the forums and complain, I hope they raise tickets and complain. I hope they keep doing it until Daum sees the need to cater to these loyal and supportive customers further by introducing even more protection against pk, maybe even offer them some kind of complete grace.

People like the OP are not required to keep this game running. On the contrary, they come crying after each update, go as far as threaten with charge-back aka fraud and yet even worse, they scare away the kind of loyal customers this game needs in order to be profitable. The sooner a community is being rid of such toxicity the better. I already feel sorry for wherever you'll go next.

4 people like this

Posted

6883391.jpg

Posted

Ah yes, another example of how the self-proclaimed "pvp players" are nothing but a bunch of griefers. One can only hope that all the "carebears" who previously went about their business in peace and are now being harassed speak up. I hope they come to the forums and complain, I hope they raise tickets and complain. I hope they keep doing it until Daum sees the need to cater to these loyal and supportive customers further by introducing even more protection against pk, maybe even offer them some kind of complete grace.

People like the OP are not required to keep this game running. On the contrary, they come crying after each update, go as far as threaten with charge-back aka fraud and yet even worse, they scare away the kind of loyal customers this game needs in order to be profitable. The sooner a community is being rid of such toxicity the better. I already feel sorry for wherever you'll go next.

Indeed, this is what makes THEM the carebears of BDO.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sadly it won't happen. See, didn't you say that the dev wants to keep the game in line with the korean version? Well, the korean version has no grace or whatever the ----- that is.

So keep fishing, and i'll keep killing :P

2 people like this

Posted

I 'am tunnel visioned and don't think'? You just said (quote) in your previous post 'For the highest geared people, the situation is the exact same' - and in the your very next post, you come up with things that show the exact opposite: 'The second part is that no penalty on death = griefing. It's the same for everyone, if someone wants to piss you off, you have nothing to do against it except griefing back.' So which is it? If higher geared people are not affected by the change whatsoever, then how is 'everyone' affected?

As you well know, hogging grinding spots is typically only an issue with high geared people / guilds for the simple reason that the most efficient spots are at higher levels. At lower levels, what you call 'griefing' is essentially a non-issue (especially given that pvp is not even activated anyway at low levels).

To the other point: You CAN of course go to the forums discussing / complaining about things that don't even affect you, but this seems rather unusual. I was merely clarifying that according to what you are saying, you are here because you are unhappy about a rule that does not even affect you personally.

Lets rephrase then.

Xp and spot claimingwise, it doesn't affect high geared people that much. So this is not the problem.

Griefing is not only on grind spots, people can also get max gathering ranks and best tool and follow you wherever you lifeskill and steal everything from you and laugh at you. Still noway to answer that. And you have many other griefing possibilities.

Ofc it's not possible to make griefing disapear, but pk'ing was a way to prevent that, and now it's not anymore.

If the real problem is that xp is too important, put another penalty on being pk'd.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sadly it won't happen. See, didn't you say that the dev wants to keep the game in line with the korean version? Well, the korean version has no grace or whatever the ----- that is.

So keep fishing, and i'll keep killing :P

The Korean version ALSO has not had exp penalty on death for a very long time now - the very thing you are so vehemently protesting here.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Its a suprise, i'm gonna be your secret admirer

Awh.. you probably won't ever show up :(

The Korean version ALSO has not had exp penalty on death for a very long time now - the very thing you are so vehemently protesting here.

Shh don't tell them the truth.. It's obviously the carebears fault, so it needs to be taken out on them.

Edited by Taj

Posted (edited)

Yea, that's why when the game launched we asked for an penalty to be added, because we knew how shitty it is. Now go back to fishing. This is a thread for hunting carebears not for talking with them.

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

Yea, that's why when the game launched we asked for an penalty to be added, because we knew how shitty it is. Now go back to fishing. This is a thread for hunting carebears not for talking with them.

Are you going to be hunting this carebear too?  Or doesn't he qualify, in your eyes?  Because I'm sure we'd all like to know what your definition of 'carebear' is...

mujKe7C.jpg

Posted

Now go back to fishing. This is a thread for hunting carebears not for talking with them.

Unfortunately for you that's pretty much all you can do now. Politely ask them to do what you want them to... really sucks, doesnt it?

Posted

Awh.. you probably won't ever show up :(

You deserve some much needed attention my fwiend

Posted

Are you going to be hunting this carebear too?  Or doesn't he qualify, in your eyes?  Because I'm sure we'd all like to know what your definition of 'carebear' is...

mujKe7C.jpg

I think you have a wrong definition of carebear. But hey, wahtever spins your wheels. 

Posted (edited)

Lets rephrase then.

Xp and spot claimingwise, it doesn't affect high geared people that much. So this is not the problem.

Griefing is not only on grind spots, people can also get max gathering ranks and best tool and follow you wherever you lifeskill and steal everything from you and laugh at you. Still noway to answer that. And you have many other griefing possibilities.

Ofc it's not possible to make griefing disapear, but pk'ing was a way to prevent that, and now it's not anymore.

If the real problem is that xp is too important, put another penalty on being pk'd.

Let me give you a simple example which shows that even before the change PKing did NOT allow you to consistently prevent other players from - as you say - 'griefing'. Assume that a high gear level 55/56 player follows around someone who is low gear level 50 stealing mobs / negatively affecting lifeskills. Given the level gap, this COMPLETELY shuts down the progress of the lower level player. And yet he cannot do anything about it no matter how the rules have changed, since he will loose any fight against the higher level player basically by default.  

It sounds illogical to you that a higher level player would do this in my hypothetical? Well, it is just as illogical to think that instead of catching up, a lower level player would spend their time merely trying to harass higher levels (something that is quite a bit harder to do for them than it is the other way arounf), instead of catching up. And OTH hand, the mere fact that we are in a thread whose OP is calling to KILL afk people on sight basically for the fun of it shows that harassment by 'hardcore players' is quite obviously a big issue.

Edited by Cookie van Snott

Posted (edited)

I think you have a wrong definition of carebear. But hey, wahtever spins your wheels. 

Oh, I see.  So it's because he's in a big guild, like FUtilez, that he doesn't qualify as an AFK fisher/carebear?  Is that how this works?

Edited by Debunkers
1 person likes this

Posted

You deserve some much needed attention my fwiend

I agree I do, we can RP in the tavern at the intersection in Heildel. Next to the little Lara girl/kid or whatever :)

Man we are gonna be having a blast!
Still though.. you won't or don't dare to give me your name :( so all I can do is continue with my game and hope you find me some day.