• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

My silver from overnight AFK fishing, and how I do it c:

112 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello friends, I'd like to make a quick tutorial on how I make ~2.5-3m silver [not including shards] overnight doing absolutely nothing. Any gold hotspot not to far from a trader will work, so you can use your favorite.

To start here is a link to a map of all publicly documented hotspots: https://bdfishers.com/pages/map/ -- Thanks to all the guys at BDFishers for putting this together!

Overnight I use 160 total "durability", if you have more that's great! How it works is like this:
1) Throw my +4 Epheria Rod [90 Durability] *
2) Wake up at 8am, sell fish really fast, swim back to ship
3) Throw +4 Balneos Rod [70 Durability] **
4) Go back to sleep

* It is good to have as much inventory space as your Epheria rod, or else you're going to hit a bottle neck
** You can replace Balneos +4 with steel, or even better a higher tier Balneos c:

I just woke up, made some food, and decided to post pictures of the silver I woke up to:

Inventory #1 [Epheria]
BZcwAeS.png
351Qix4.png

Inventory #2 [Balneos]
JI3WRXO.png
0qmxBpl.png

Final Load
d5MW6Yh.png

I'm currently Artisan 3 Fishing, and sit at a +4 bonus. I've only active fished for like an hour months ago. Today I got above average shards, but I never get less than 2.5m silver.

While you can make more grinding, free fishing levels and some silver sleeping doesn't hurt.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Marat
6 people like this

Posted

Hello friends, I'd like to make a quick tutorial on how I make ~2.5-3m silver [not including shards] overnight doing absolutely nothing. Any gold hotspot not to far from a trader will work, so you can use your favorite.

Overnight I use 160 total "durability", if you have more that's great! How it works is like this:
4) Go back to sleep

* It is good to have as much inventory space as your Epheria rod, or else you're going to hit a bottle neck
** You can replace Balneos +4 with steel, or even better a higher tier Balneos c:

I just woke up, made some food, and decided to post pictures of the silver I woke up to:

Inventory #1 [Epheria]
BZcwAeS.png
351Qix4.png

Inventory #2 [Balneos]
JI3WRXO.png
0qmxBpl.png

Final Load
d5MW6Yh.png

I'm currently Artisan 3 Fishing, and sit at a +4 bonus. I've only active fished for like an hour months ago. Today I got above average shards, but I never get less than 2.5m silver.

While you can make more grinding, free fishing levels and some silver sleeping doesn't hurt.

Thanks for reading!

160 slots used overnight?!  You must not be going to the altinova or olivia gold hotspots if thats the case.  Mind me asking where you fish?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

160 slots used overnight?!  You must not be going to the altinova or olivia gold hotspots if thats the case.  Mind me asking where you fish?

Marka1, it has a trader right next to it, where fish sell for 130%+25% distance bonus. The only "issue" with the spot is weight -- If you don't have all the cash shop weight increases, 2.5m+ silver will make you a turtle. 

Edit: The origin of the fish are "Olvia Shore" c:
Also when I wake up at 8am, it takes a total of 3 minutes or less to bargain + sell fish, and rethrow rod; I cant be bothered to ride to altinova from the middle of the ocean 75% asleep. I already get 25% Distance Bonus from the island, I doubt I'd get that much more in Altinova.

Edited by Marat
1 person likes this

Posted

Marka1, it has a trader right next to it, where fish sell for 130%+25% distance bonus. The only "issue" with the spot is weight -- If you don't have all the cash shop weight increases, 2.5m+ silver will make you a turtle. 

Edit: The origin of the fish are "Olvia Shore" c:

Ah thanks!  The weight won't be an issue (at 900) but that distance bonus makes me nervous, my contribution points are pretty tight at present :(

I'll have to mess around and see if its feasible tonight!  I've been at a green/blue hotspot that is solid for relics, but meh for fish

1 person likes this

Posted

Ah thanks!  The weight won't be an issue (at 900) but that distance bonus makes me nervous, my contribution points are pretty tight at present :(

I'll have to mess around and see if its feasible tonight!  I've been at a green/blue hotspot that is solid for relics, but meh for fish

Island nodes are only 1cp each, so you need 1) Lerouve Island 2) Olvia Shore [Land node]

If you are at that weight, this would be the best spot in the game [that is public] for you, as the 25% distance bonus trader is literally a 5 second swim from the spot [considering you have fish suit of course] 

1 person likes this

Posted

You know you are like 3 months late with this post right?

Not to rain on your parade, but I get 150 fish overnight, about half gold and I DO NOT HAVE TO INTERRUPT MY SLEEP FOR A STUPID VIDEO GAME WITH FAKE MONEY...

You seriously interrupt your sleep/ wake up extra early just for stupid AFK fishing in a video game?

SERIOUSLY?

1) get your inventory to around 150 at least...

2) get your damn Epheria to +7 at minimum ( mine is at 8)

3) sleep as many hours as I want and profit AFTER I wake up lol

Posted

You know you are like 3 months late with this post right?

Not to rain on your parade, but I get 150 fish overnight, about half gold and I DO NOT HAVE TO INTERRUPT MY SLEEP FOR A STUPID VIDEO GAME WITH FAKE MONEY...

You seriously interrupt your sleep/ wake up extra early just for stupid AFK fishing in a video game?

SERIOUSLY?

1) get your inventory to around 150 at least...

2) get your damn Epheria to +7 at minimum ( mine is at 8)

3) sleep as many hours as I want and profit AFTER I wake up lol

Problem is fish gets spoiled. I do wake up at 8am to do stuff like clean cat box and such, pee, get a drink. 

Also the fish give me motivation to wake up, for some this isn't "just a game" :c

Posted

I need to get a rod w/ higher durability.  I afk fish a lot (Master 2 or 3 now) and i use Steel rods.  I"m missing out on lost revenue because my rod burns out before i wake up and/or connect to the PC from work to swap them.

1 person likes this

Posted

Problem is fish gets spoiled. I do wake up at 8am to do stuff like clean cat box and such, pee, get a drink. 

Also the fish give me motivation to wake up, for some this isn't "just a game" :c

Ignore him, don't let other people tell you how you should play the game :) 

5 people like this

Posted

I need to get a rod w/ higher durability.  I afk fish a lot (Master 2 or 3 now) and i use Steel rods.  I"m missing out on lost revenue because my rod burns out before i wake up and/or connect to the PC from work to swap them.

I used to use steel as a side rod, but got tired of crafting them. I got lucky and bought my Epheria +4 from the market over a month ago.

Epheria rods: +10 durability per level
Balneos rods: +5 durability per level + faster AFK fish time

The prices on upgraded rods is set so low, that its not even worth listing upgraded rods, so if you plan on making an upgrading rod make your own from scratch c: -- If you see one on the market, grab it asap!

The rods pay themselves off in literally one day of overnight fishing c:

The reason I use balneos rod as a side rod is because, less time between 8am and wake up for-real [+4 balneos = 70 dura = repairable steel basically]

Be a real pokemon .. I mean fishing master and get a high dura rod c:

Posted

Nice nab!! I think you convinced me to go back to fishing and take a break from horse training xD I miss that income <3

1 person likes this

Posted

Fun is relative, and we all have a different definition of what is fun. Games provide fun, so there is no wrong or right way to play any game. The guy who's having fun RPing is a doing better in BDO than the guy hating his life grinding sausans -- even if he has "better gear". 

2 people like this

Posted

Fun is relative, and we all have a different definition of what is fun. Games provide fun, so there is no wrong or right way to play any game. The guy who's having fun RPing is a doing better in BDO than the guy hating his life grinding sausans -- even if he has "better gear". 

Yeah. I'm pretty sure I have more fun than those idiots grinding to 58 all day every day instead of waiting for valencia for the higher level mobs. 

Its nice to see a thread about just enjoying the game instead of qqing about something innane. 

2 people like this

Posted

i was giving him advice on the advice he was giving.

But god forbid I actually give examples to support my opinion!

Also not like I was talking shit to the OP or anything....

But hey, the op really got mad at me right?! LOL

Op, if you wake up normall that early, or like you said use it for other reasons, than what I said might not necessarily apply.

I would upgrade the Epheria to at least +7, unless you are using those mats for other things, I just found it worth it. 

I also got a set of the maple float and a media rod for when I do some active fishing.

But to each their own, though!

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah. I'm pretty sure I have more fun than those idiots grinding to 58 all day every day instead of waiting for valencia for the higher level mobs. 

Its nice to see a thread about just enjoying the game instead of qqing about something innane. 

I'm waiting for Valencia for new craftables, gathering nodes, and all that. I hear we're getting cool things like palm trees, and the ores have cool names too.

Thank you for your support c: Also I'm level 50, @ 97% or so. and I've gotten all that afk fishing <3

Posted

im so confused why you wake up at 8 am and then go back to sleep, are you unemployed or disabled for ----- sake? if you are why bother with this shit. 

continue sucking off the nipple of the government and go farm sausans

I personally know a few military vets who are disabled and cannot work, and play a lot of games. For them games are a form of therapy and does wonders for their PTSD, especially since many online games have a strong social aspect with voice chat etc. 

3 people like this

Posted

im so confused why you wake up at 8 am and then go back to sleep, are you unemployed or disabled for ----- sake? if you are why bother with this shit. 

WTF?! 

ANGRY MUCH?! LOL

How the ----- is it your business?  Maybe OP is rich, or is that to hard for you to understand?

I mean seriously the ----- was your post about, unless you are just trolling!

To the OP, you know what I started doing to, which might not work for you depending on whether you cook..

I started to dry all my white fish and even some of the green fish.

Sometimes you get 4 or more dry fish from 1 fresh fish.  The price on dried fish isn't always that bad, especially when how cheap white fish sell to vendors and you can make that up by the amount of dry fish you get. FYI size of the fish affects how many dry fish you get from it.

I noticed that a lot of dry fish sell really well and now I have dry fish for my cooking as well.

It also saves me on inventory as dried fish stack.

Not sure if this is something you would care about or even do, but a bit of food for thought!

Posted (edited)

I personally know a few military vets who are disabled and cannot work, and play a lot of games. For them games are a form of therapy and does wonders for their PTSD, especially since many online games have a strong social aspect with voice chat etc. 

This game seems to have a lot more active/ex-military men/women than other games.

Not sure why to be honest.

Sometimes you get 4 or more dry fish from 1 fresh fish.  The price on dried fish isn't always that bad, especially when how cheap white fish sell to vendors and you can make that up by the amount of dry fish you get. FYI size of the fish affects how many dry fish you get from it.

I've actually been thinking about this for a while -- like what fish are worth it to dry + make crates?

I've done the math, and at 100% "freshness", selling fish to the trader is less silver:hunger ratio than cheap feed.

Also is it only worth it for white fish? If so I enable "junk" and try this out as I have decent processing. 

A run-down on what and what not-to dry would be nice c:

Edit: Other than pet food, what else can dry fish make?

Edited by Marat

Posted

Cool tips, Thanks for the info! 

I used to AFK fish a lot until my electric bill went through the roof. Had to tone it down for awhile :)  

2 people like this

Posted

4) Go back to sleep

Inventory #1 [Epheria]
BZcwAeS.png
351Qix4.png

Inventory #2 [Balneos]
JI3WRXO.png
0qmxBpl.png

Final Load
d5MW6Yh.png

Thanks for reading!

Not sure why you use the rods you use. I use play old steel rods at Altinova and get at least, if not better, ratio of gold to blue fish. I prefer to active fish while I read though, I use afk for horse training.

1 person likes this

Posted

This game seems to have a lot more active/ex-military men/women than other games.

I've actually been thinking about this for a while -- like what fish are worth it to dry + make crates?

I've done the math, and at 100% "freshness", selling fish to the trader is less silver:hunger ratio than cheap feed.

Also is it only worth it for white fish? If so I enable "junk" and try this out as I have decent processing. 

You know, most of the crates don't seem to be worth it. I do it for the cooking and saving on inventory spaces.

Even after the 35% cut, still worth it.

Think of it this way, drying the fish allows you to fish longer catching more yellows which more than make up any money you might lose on the dried fish.

It's better than throwing them out or going back just to sell some stupid white or green fish  

Posted

Not sure why you use the rods you use. I use play old steel rods at Altinova and get at least, if not better, ratio of gold to blue fish. I prefer to active fish while I read though, I use afk for horse training.

+4 Epheria Rod [90 durability] and +4 Balneos Rod [70 durability + faster afk fish speed]

The spot doesn't have the best gold:blue fish ratio at times, but always abundant, and the trader is a few second swim away for 130%+25% distance bonus.

Cool tips, Thanks for the info! 

I used to AFK fish a lot until my electric bill went through the roof. Had to tone it down for awhile :)  

My pleasure c:

Posted

Edit: Other than pet food, what else can dry fish make?

I really don't know why. I think the social aspect helps because the worst thing to do for PTSD is to be isolated, alone, and nothing to do. 

Turning it into pet food makes a lot of profit, since with artisan cooking you can make a lot per craft too. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You know, most of the crates don't seem to be worth it. I do it for the cooking and saving on inventory spaces.

Even after the 35% cut, still worth it.

Think of it this way, drying the fish allows you to fish longer catching more yellows which more than make up any money you might lose on the dried fish.

It's better than throwing them out or going back just to sell some stupid white or green fish  

What exactly do you cook?

The only time I fish is overnight, the rest of my day consists of crafting, grinding cp [need 20 just to link valencia, and more for all the new gathering nodes], and chatting. Makes sense active fishing though.

And what level is your processing/cooking? I got Pro5ish+2 on my cook alt, and he only makes beer. My processing dude is almost at pro10.

Posted (edited)

i was giving him advice on the advice he was giving.

But god forbid I actually give examples to support my opinion!

Also not like I was talking shit to the OP or anything....

If you go back and read your post, you were kind of a d!ck about it.  It's one thing to be rude, but to act like you weren't after the fact is just shitty man.

Although this guy is a gaping asshole in comparison...

Edited by Anemone