• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Hasrah Dungeon needs a significant buff

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have farmed all popular spots with more or less investment and came to the conclusion that Hasrah needs some severe buffs to ever have a point. Let me elaborate as to why that is: I have Hasrah Cliff on Level 8, got all mobs on at least A-Rank, with Kamol and Kamel being S and Baiten being A+. These are by far the most common mobs. Farming there generates me between 1900 and 2100 Rock Fragments per hour (approx. 3.4m silver). The place also drops books, although I gotta say that the books are incredibly inconsistent. Some times you drop 6 in an hour, some times 0 for 3. All in all I would say that you make around 2 to 3 books every 60 minutes (1.2 to 1.8m silver). The big drop is Ancient Weapon Core which, to be completely honest, is incredibly rare. I have found 8 so far and would say that you get about a drop every 6 hours, probably even less often (1.625m silver per hour). I remove black stones from the equation because they drop everywhere. However, due to Hasrah mobs hardly ever dropping them on their own, I should probably subtract the amount from the total sum. Thats beyond the point though.

So, all in all you can expect 6.2 to 6.8m per hour, farming there with a level 8 node, most mobs on S-Rank, having 156AP/177DP being a Sorc. You also have to consider pots. Nowhere in the game will you chug as many health potions as you do here. You can easily burn trough 200 in half an hour, particularly at night. The biggest problem though is the exp. On level 57, using EXP elixirs, Milk Tea, Costume, you will make around 0.4% per hour.

A properly leveled Elric node can make you 4-5m in trade-ables per hour. And thats without book, Outlaw rings etc. The exp at 57 is basically as bad.

A properly leveled Sausans node will makes you the same amount of money, partially even more (kinda depends on class), but generate way more exp. The mobs are also less hard on your gear which means less downtime to buy pots, repair etc.

A properly leveled Pirates Island node (which I can only imagine) completely gets rid of Hasrahs point, though. Right now my node is level 4, without a single mob on S-Rank. You can easily make 900-1100 Bandanas per hour (1.9 to 2.3m silver). On top of that come the coins. All in all I made ~90 to 100 coins per hour with a level 4 node, which, if sold in Altinova, amounts to another 600k each hour. The mobs drop silver and I tend to average ~1m per hour after buying pots and repairing my gear. This amount is definitely going to increase with a higher node level. Having farmed there for about 50 hours now, I can also say that the accessories are rather common. Without having a single mob on S-Rank I average about 1.2-1.5 accessories per hour. Most of which I'd average at 3.5m a piece since Blue and Red Coral Earrings are rather rare (2.7m to 3.4m per hour). Getting pots takes significantly less time, which means that the travel time using a boat is somewhat irrelevant. Considering the fact that you have to go all the way to Tarif once every 1-2 hours if farming Hasrah, I'd say that you spend about the same time traveling and restocking.

So you make between 6.2 and 7.2m silver per hour. Thats just me, though. A person without a single S-Rank mob and the node on level 4. I'd reckon that the amount of money spikes hard as soon as its level 8+ with S-Rank knowledge on most of the mobs. On top of that Pirate Island lets you average ~0.6 to 0.7% EXP per hour, using all the boosts I listed above. Thats an effective increase of 50 to 75%.

The Islands down side is its geographical position. Makes it rather hard to attend Field bosses. However, unless youre a Ranger you probably have an alt anyway since no one in their right mind would have attended Hebetate using his main, risking valuable EXP, crystals and other stuff because the stones once again decided to hit stuff in the opposite direction they flew into. So to conclude: not only does a fully invested Hasrah makes you less money than a hardly invested Pirate Island, it also generates 50-75% less EXP. If this place is supposed to have a use then there need to be buffs to either the EXP or the money. I'd personally prefer the later since this place was clearly not intended for farming EXP. Either increase the drop rate of Ancient Weapon Core, Books or Rocks because as it stands: its inferior to the alternative in almost all aspects imaginable.

tl;dr: Hasrah is shit compared to Pirate Island/Sausans. Buff it or it will be a pointless zone forever (like Soldiers Grave basically is)

Edited by nyyyyy
5 people like this

Posted

One drop every 6 hours is "incredibly rare"?? LOL. Sounds more like "incredibly guaranteed even for casuals". In the game I played before BDO (Dungeons&Dragons Online), there are drops that people have been grinding for 6 YEARS for without getting.

No, it sounds like the other areas need a nerf, not the other way around.

1 person likes this

Posted

One drop every 6 hours is "incredibly rare"?? LOL. Sounds more like "incredibly guaranteed even for casuals". In the game I played before BDO (Dungeons&Dragons Online), there are drops that people have been grinding for 6 YEARS for without getting.

No, it sounds like the other areas need a nerf, not the other way around.

To be fair, I also was a DDO player(for about 3-4 years), and the comparison of rarities of an accessory in this game and a drop in that game is kind of apples to oranges. Once you got the item you wanted, or all the parts to make it, you were pretty much done. There was no stupid Korean RNG where you had to combine them together or else they blow up and you're left with nothing like this game has. So to compensate for the fact that it would take you hundreds of ancient weapon cores to get that specific item to its final form (ie. +5 ancient weapon core) the drop rates need to be higher. If it took 6 years to get a specific accessory to drop nobody in their right mind would ever try and enhance it making the enhancement system pointless.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well of course it should not take 6 years but complaining that you have to grind for 6 hours to get one of the most powerful items in the game is kinda ridiculous even in BDO imho.

Posted

Well of course it should not take 6 years but complaining that you have to grind for 6 hours to get one of the most powerful items in the game is kinda ridiculous even in BDO imho.

Thats the point, though. None of the accessories are BiS. They are the base for the BiS item, which is a heavily enhanced version of it. Besides, I didnt even say that the belt should drop more often, simply that the dungeons needs to be more lucrative to not be shit.

Posted

Hey, since you seem like a drops expert, is there anything in these new OW dungeons that drops Trace of Memory?

Posted

I don't think understand what OP is talking about here.  It isn't about getting the item. It is about the silver per hour earned in various locations.  The 6 hour drop rate is relevant because it affects the silver per hour.  He is hardly complaining about that in the manner you are thinking.  

Also, it is a good item, but you can't classify un-enhanced items that way.  That belt is not really that great unless you have the neck as well, and/or you've Pri/Duoed it.  Based on the success chance of accessories, it is probably going to average out to  3 belts used for each success, so 18 hour of grinding.  Now, you have to do this again if you want to go for duo

Posted

i dont get why you think all the places have to be the same. it doesnt matter what region or level there are always better spots for EXP or better spots for loot or spots for special/rare loot. Why should every mob grind spot have almost the same purpose or similar loot/exp ?  Its good that there are different spots for different things ^^

Posted

i dont get why you think all the places have to be the same. it doesnt matter what region or level there are always better spots for EXP or better spots for loot or spots for special/rare loot. Why should every mob grind spot have almost the same purpose or similar loot/exp ?  Its good that there are different spots for different things ^^

The problem is, that some spots are radically different and the quality difference is not determined in a logical manner.  

One would think that the value you get from grinding would change based on the difficulty level of mobs.  Pretty much anyone can solo grind sausans at this point, they are the new "EZ Mode" grind spot.  Pirates and Hasrah (hvnt been to hasrah, but i've been told its miserable) are more difficult and should have better rewards.

Posted

The problem is, that some spots are radically different and the quality difference is not determined in a logical manner.  

One would think that the value you get from grinding would change based on the difficulty level of mobs.  Pretty much anyone can solo grind sausans at this point, they are the new "EZ Mode" grind spot.  Pirates and Hasrah (hvnt been to hasrah, but i've been told its miserable) are more difficult and should have better rewards.

pirates have good lootdrops and silver....for me much better then grinding sausan in a grp (because doing it solo is most of the time impossible because of the competition there, so dunno what solo will net me). Pirates have special rare drops aswell (coral ring and earrings), sausan drops nothing special....

If you look at calpheon, farming the abandoned monastry was bad moneywise but had the mark of shadow rare drop...where catfish, mansha, rhutum etc pp was f*** easy ^^

So there is always some difference and it dont always have to be levelwise different. But atm we farm pirates in a 5man grp and moneywise its ok as grp, not the best but nice silver in the mailbox ^^ and MUCH better EXP then sausan as grp or helms solo.

Posted

I don't think understand what OP is talking about here.  It isn't about getting the item. It is about the silver per hour earned in various locations.  The 6 hour drop rate is relevant because it affects the silver per hour.  He is hardly complaining about that in the manner you are thinking.  

Also, it is a good item, but you can't classify un-enhanced items that way.  That belt is not really that great unless you have the neck as well, and/or you've Pri/Duoed it.  Based on the success chance of accessories, it is probably going to average out to  3 belts used for each success, so 18 hour of grinding.  Now, you have to do this again if you want to go for duo

None of this classifies as difficult in my book. If you can get top gear in less than a month, it is easy mode and nothing to whine about. Then again, every game is easy mode these days. Difficult is something at which you can actually FAIL, no matter how much time you spend. You can't fail at anything in BDO.

Back on topic, I agree with Myssy that all areas don't need to, and shouldn't be completely balanced. If you want a certain drop from a certain area, you have to suck it up and accept that silver or xp may not be as good as an area where you can't get that item. 

Posted

pirates have good lootdrops and silver....for me much better then grinding sausan in a grp (because doing it solo is most of the time impossible because of the competition there, so dunno what solo will net me). Pirates have special rare drops aswell (coral ring and earrings), sausan drops nothing special....

If you look at calpheon, farming the abandoned monastry was bad moneywise but had the mark of shadow rare drop...where catfish, mansha, rhutum etc pp was f*** easy ^^

So there is always some difference and it dont always have to be levelwise different. But atm we farm pirates in a 5man grp and moneywise its ok as grp, not the best but nice silver in the mailbox ^^ and MUCH better EXP then sausan as grp or helms solo.

Comparing group to solo isn't really feasible.  

Also, group vs group, pirates is not better xp than sausans even with a group doing main spawn and clearing fast enough that they have to grab a large number of extra packs

None of this classifies as difficult in my book. If you can get top gear in less than a month, it is easy mode and nothing to whine about. Then again, every game is easy mode these days. Difficult is something at which you can actually FAIL, no matter how much time you spend. You can't fail at anything in BDO.
Back on topic, I agree with Myssy that all areas don't need to, and shouldn't be completely balanced. If you want a certain drop from a certain area, you have to suck it up and accept that silver or xp may not be as good as an area where you can't get that item. 

You're failing to grasp the point entirely.  There was never a point where I said any of the mobs were difficult.  We are talking in a comparative sense here.  Any time one mob has more stats than another mob, it is going to be harder relative to that other mob. 

They shouldn't be balanced, but the easier mobs should not give better rewards or xp.  The system in Calpheon made more sense.  You had the monestary, which gave moderate to low base silver per hour (with base meaning everything except blue drops), but if you got decent mark of shadow drops it was fantastic.  Then you had calpheon shrine.  It had no good blue drops, but the base silver per hour was very good, and substantial.  Here, we have sausans, which is almost always better money per hour than pirates even with a group that has beyond perfect clear times in the main spawn.

Posted

Comparing group to solo isn't really feasible.  

Also, group vs group, pirates is not better xp than sausans even with a group doing main spawn and clearing fast enough that they have to grab a large number of extra packs

according to two ppl in our grp(guildmates) tested it themselfs and have tables of exp and so on. they said they have more exp on pirate island then on sausan mainspot and therefore they only will grind there now even if the money isnt as good as sausan or other spots would be.

1 person likes this

Posted

according to two ppl in our grp(guildmates) tested it themselfs and have tables of exp and so on. they said they have more exp on pirate island then on sausan mainspot and therefore they only will grind there now even if the money isnt as good as sausan or other spots would be.

I am almost 58 and can tell that this is complete bullshit. Money on PI is better than Sausans, while the EXP is worse. No idea what they did, if they exclusively farmed lanes or something. But this simply isnt true.

Because Hasrah serves a bigger threat to your life than any other spot in the game, yet for some reason it offers horrendous rewards.

Hey, since you seem like a drops expert, is there anything in these new OW dungeons that drops Trace of Memory?

No to my knowledge. At least I have never seen one.

Posted

I am almost 58 and can tell that this is complete bullshit. Money on PI is better than Sausans, while the EXP is worse. No idea what they did, if they exclusively farmed lanes or something. But this simply isnt true.

Because Hasrah serves a bigger threat to your life than any other spot in the game, yet for some reason it offers horrendous rewards.

i just can say what they have expirienced. if you saw it otherwise its ok. i dont say you cant be true, everyone has different grinding methodes and spots. maybe the spot they are doing on pirate island with the efficiency they have is more exp. maybe not. For our grp it is by far the best method to level since days ^^

Hasrah is hard, but rewards you with a random drop of a really good rare drop. Same as Ogre at the beginning, it was hard and you wont get anything good expect the ogre ring that MAYBE drops. Same with abandoned monastry it was hard at lvl 50, the silver wasnt that good like farming catfishes, but you could maybe get a good rare drop. As i said i think its good that some spots are harder then other, others have better silver/hour or a rare drop. It would be just lame to have it everywhere easy and good ;)

Posted

Farm Hasrah cave to get that Ancient belt only. Get 3-4 of them, make a PRI version of it and never get back to that place.

Posted

I would even assume that it is intentional that the area is financially less lucrative. People are going there for the belt and everything else is a bonus. There are other areas where people go in order to level but without a chance to drop anything "useful". So the purpose of that area is simply a different one. I can't see any problem with that.

You can similarly get a lot more loot and EXP out of fighting Manshas than Ogres but have no chance to drop the necklace. Whereas if you hit Ogres, necklace is all you are doing that for.

Posted

I can agree that Hasrah as well as Soldiers Grave and even the new Helms Cave is kinda mediocre money and XP wise. Pirates and Sausans are superior. Even Elrics is pre 56, before the mobs go grey, is a better spot. But maybe it's intentional?

Like Catfish was more profitable than Rhutums or Manshas. Monastery was better than Hexe or the Shrines. This before we got Mediah and everyone was XP'ing and farming in a 45-50+ zone.

Maybe some spots are suppose to be better while others are consolation prices or for players who prefers less competition? I could be totally wrong though, since Daum never really communicates these things. They might be under the assumption that Soldiers Grave and Hasrah reward v.s. effort is a really sweet deal lol. But fact that no one returns to Hasrah after they got enough belts to pri, does indicate that it needs a tweak.

Posted

After grinding the last percents to 58 I realized that you can solo farm up to 0.8%/hour on Pirate Island without being a Ranger or Tamer. Which makes Hasrah look even worse. The biggest problem is that its the hardest hitting zone in the game right now, but the payoff is a joke.

You can similarly get a lot more loot and EXP out of fighting Manshas than Ogres but have no chance to drop the necklace. Whereas if you hit Ogres, necklace is all you are doing that for.

Which is a bad comparison. With current gear you will farm Manshas and Ogres at the same time. Why? Because Ogres respawn way too slowly.

Like Catfish was more profitable than Rhutums or Manshas. Monastery was better than Hexe or the Shrines. This before we got Mediah and everyone was XP'ing and farming in a 45-50+ zone.

Catfish werent even that much better than Manshas. Rhutums are (to my knowledge) lower level than both of them. As for Hexe and Shrines: Neither was a threat. Hexe is the easiest zone in the game to farm. Simply the mob density is AIDS. Shrines are rather easy as well since the mobs are way less offensive than they are in Monastery. You got a good deal: more EXP for more risk.

Thats the problem with Hasrah. The zone serves by far the biggest threat to your life, yet its complete shit in all ways imaginable. Simply doesnt work.

Posted (edited)

I did a good 2 hr grind session here last night. I have 215 dp and 105 ap +buffs and destruction alchemy stone. The big room was great in terms of density (mobs move slow) and even night time farming wasn't too deadly. I enjoyed it to be honest. I called it quits after 3000 of the crystal drops, 4 books, and 1 belt drop (of course belt dropped during the 15 minutes I grouped with a pug so I only got 1/5 of it). I wasn't too scientific with watching the exp, but it was right around 4% for 2 hours (Level 55 going for 56). I see myself going back here tonight.

*update* Did another 3000 crystals last night, got 6% exp, 3 books, and 2 belts! Obviously an outlier, but #feelsgoodman

Edited by Kringle_Shag

Posted

I could cry if I read all this... One Belt every 6 Hours or 2 Belts on the second run. I have achieved over 220 Hours Hasrah Dungeon since Release with Node on 10 and all Rankings A+ to S and wasn't able to get a single one. This perfectly shows how broken RNG really is.

Also I really wonder how you get up to 2100 Blue Pills per Hour, while I get 1400 max. with my 148/180 Sorc. I must be pretty bad comparativ...

Posted

I could cry if I read all this... One Belt every 6 Hours or 2 Belts on the second run. I have achieved over 220 Hours Hasrah Dungeon since Release with Node on 10 and all Rankings A+ to S and wasn't able to get a single one. This perfectly shows how broken RNG really is.

Also I really wonder how you get up to 2100 Blue Pills per Hour, while I get 1400 max. with my 148/180 Sorc. I must be pretty bad comparativ...

I contacted Support about this and got the answer that this is just the normal RNG range - some Players get it after 5 Hours others not even after 5000 Hours. If you dont like this, just do it like me and stop spending Money on this broken mess. Problem solved.

Posted

amazing thread nyyyy, if you got anymore of these for different grind spot it would be most welcome!

Posted (edited)

Hashrah:
- No1 there
- Chance of medium rare drop
- Chance of books
- Decent silver/h without those

Talking about burning pots is pretty much BS and only your fault, If you utilize your character better you can grind there potless.
Pirates:
-More people than in heidel
- Chance of shit/small rare drops
- Decent silve/h
- Better xp/h

Takes time to go grind there, If you want to be efficient you need to stay there instead of going back and forth

Overall I don't see any problems with Hashrah spot and I think you should consider pros and cons of grind spot before going into silver/h, exp/h comparison argument :)

Edit: God dammit got baited into post by @xkx post necromancy

Edited by Matys

Posted

Edit: God dammit got baited into post by @xkx post necromancy

I don't think Harash should be buffed at all, I liked the time he spent analyzing the grind spot and giving us the stats xD