• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Hey Daum, rework/nerf/remove boss items

19 posts in this topic

Posted

just do it

1 person likes this

Posted

no

Posted

f481436d937681d642f958d4c4f8e95c.jpg

Posted

im-disinclined-to-acquiesce-to-your-requ

1 person likes this

Posted

just do it

yup. it is utterly retarded that the same armour is the BIS for EVERY class -.-

and that they are so ridiculessly good compared to other items (mainly because of hidden stats.)

Posted

I think its plenty fair, its hard to get and it gives us goals without being unfair to anyone (outside of RNG)

Posted

just do it

This... 

+1 helbjorne, perfect gif lol

Boss Armor is there to give everyone something to work for. +15 (and even when we get the 16-20 patch) for any standard armor is way too easy to achieve; leaving nothing to work for after that. Sure you might be someone that doesn't have much time to play... so spend your time wisely, instead of worrying about gear "right now".. try focusing on making money. I've done that and am sitting on a hefty 300+mil ready and waiting for the night vendor patch so I can just gamble my full set of boss armor.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think its plenty fair, its hard to get and it gives us goals without being unfair to anyone (outside of RNG)

it doesn't matter how hard it is to get. it is a question of Balance and whether or not it breaks the gameplay PvP wise.

the fact it is very exclusive is only making it worse, since the RNG is the true master of it, and the power you gain by RNG luck is thereby insane (and hacking/cheating is FAR FAR more lucrative because of the absurd advantage it gives you afterwards).

lets do an example, assuming there was an item which made you immortal and made you 1 shot anything including field bosses. but it was a 1/1.000.000 chance to get it and costed 100millions each try.

would you think it was totally fine that the item was there because it most likely would Never be obtained by any player ever?

Ofc. not, anyone can see how it would completely and utterly break the game if someone was lucky and got it, and removing it afterwards would be an issue because of the effort/luck involved in getting it.

so since everyone with half a mind can see the issue in that example, why do anyone think it is any difference with boss armor and kzaka? if you get both your are basically immortal and you will as good as 1shot/chain anyone that doesnt have it.

it does the same thing as such a "god item" and it is negatively impacting the game in the same manner :) (especially for War/Valk which get an ABSURD boost from kzaka and bherg, 6 stats points and never again will Any of their CC miss, giving them garanteed HUGE burst spikes that the balance wasnt taking into consideration when designing the classes)

come on be reasonable :) discuss it in an ordenly manner as i've seen you do on other subjects  ^^

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

Lol no.

Boss gear is Leet for a reason. It's damn hard to get, and requires determination and no life-ing. Kudos to those who manage to get boss drops. You deserve to slaughter me mercilessly. /salute.

Posted

it doesn't matter how hard it is to get. it is a question of Balance and whether or not it breaks the gameplay PvP wise.

the fact it is very exclusive is only making it worse, since the RNG is the true master of it, and the power you gain by RNG luck is thereby insane (and hacking/cheating is FAR FAR more lucrative because of the absurd advantage it gives you afterwards).

lets do an example, assuming there was an item which made you immortal and made you 1 shot anything including field bosses. but it was a 1/1.000.000 chance to get it and costed 100millions each try.

would you think it was totally fine that the item was there because it most likely would Never be obtained by any player ever?

Ofc. not, anyone can see how it would completely and utterly break the game if someone was lucky and got it, and removing it afterwards would be an issue because of the effort/luck involved in getting it.

so since everyone with half a mind can see the issue in that example, why do anyone think it is any difference with boss armor and kzaka? if you get both your are basically immortal and you will as good as 1shot/chain anyone that doesnt have it.

it does the same thing as such a "god item" and it is negatively impacting the game in the same manner :) (especially for War/Valk which get an ABSURD boost from kzaka and bherg, 6 stats points and never again will Any of their CC miss, giving them garanteed HUGE burst spikes that the balance wasnt taking into consideration when designing the classes)

come on be reasonable :) discuss it in an ordenly manner as i've seen you do on other subjects  ^^

I feel like buffing armors at ultimate tier is a better route over nerfing them imo, I honestly feel like they're fine where they're at I just don't think regular armors should be so much worse in comparison (boss armor is pretty much 4 set bonuses in one, absolutely insane but at the same time it feels right for hard it is to get RNG or not.)

Posted (edited)

I am more than willing to discuss anything in a professional manner, assuming it was presented in a professional manner.

This gentleman made a thread titled "Hey Daum, rework/nerf/remove boss items" with his only comment on the matter being "Just do it."

He didn't mention why he feels they need to be reworked, nerfed, or removed, nor did he provide alternative suggestions for how they might go about it, and to me, that makes this a troll post. Troll posts, get troll responses.

Edited by helbjorne
1 person likes this

Posted

I feel like buffing armors at ultimate tier is a better route over nerfing them imo, I honestly feel like they're fine where they're at I just don't think regular armors should be so much worse in comparison (boss armor is pretty much 4 set bonuses in one, absolutely insane but at the same time it feels right for hard it is to get RNG or not.)

well as long as we can agree that the power difference on Ult version armours and boss armours is far to great, then we agree on the issue ^^ about solution, both would do the same (however buffing ult version would need rebalancing of a TON of stuff, because the boss armour bonusses, and kzaka weapon, especially HP and Acc bonusses completely breaks the balance against everything else)

I am more than willing to discuss anything in a professional manner, assuming it was presented in a professional manner.

This gentleman made a thread titled "Hey Daum, rework/nerf/remove boss items" with his only comment on the matter being "Just do it."

He didn't mention why he feels they need to be reworked, nerfed, or removed, nor did he provide alternative suggestions for how they might go about it, and to me, that makes this a troll post. Troll posts, get troll responses.

yer it is true his way of stating it was really bad ^^ but the point he is comming at has validity to it :) imo

Posted

well as long as we can agree that the power difference on Ult version armours and boss armours is far to great, then we agree on the issue ^^ about solution, both would do the same (however buffing ult version would need rebalancing of a TON of stuff, because the boss armour bonusses, and kzaka weapon, especially HP and Acc bonusses completely breaks the balance against everything else)

yer it is true his way of stating it was really bad ^^ but the point he is comming at has validity to it :) imo

Here's the thing though. Ultimate armor is merely a stepping stone. You use Ultimate armor until you replace the piece with Boss Armor. Boss Armor is "END GAME" armor. Ultimate is not.

Posted

Here's the thing though. Ultimate armor is merely a stepping stone. You use Ultimate armor until you replace the piece with Boss Armor. Boss Armor is "END GAME" armor. Ultimate is not.

Its not, but the issue people seem to be having is the boost between the two is TOO high with how rare it is. I personally couldn't care, even if they have full boss armor their DP isn't much higher than full +15 ultimate. Not to mention unless they REALLY know what they're doing or your group is bad, it shouldn't be a defining factor in most fights.

Posted

as i wrote further up, it doesnt matter how rare it is or how hard it is to get. that actually just makes it worse.

the problem is that it makes you "godlike" when fighting people that doesn't have it. it completely breaks the balance of the classes because of how to breaks the "ability to die in duo/tripple CC, where you otherwise would have" and the "ability to miss CC and hits".

the example i used above with giving an actual GodMode with absurd low RNG chance and extreme amount of silver for it, is a good example to make everyone with a working mind understand the issue's core :)

Its not, but the issue people seem to be having is the boost between the two is TOO high with how rare it is. I personally couldn't care, even if they have full boss armor their DP isn't much higher than full +15 ultimate. Not to mention unless they REALLY know what they're doing or your group is bad, it shouldn't be a defining factor in most fights.

problem have never been DP, DP is actually a really weak stats once you get high AP, the problem is the HP, Eva and Accuracy increase. which utterly breaks the balance when compared to every other gear piece. remove just the Eva and Acc bonusses on them and the problem would be fixed (same for Kzaka, make the Acc bonus the same as Livert and problem is fixed)

Posted

as i wrote further up, it doesnt matter how rare it is or how hard it is to get. that actually just makes it worse.

the problem is that it makes you "godlike" when fighting people that doesn't have it. it completely breaks the balance of the classes because of how to breaks the "ability to die in duo/tripple CC, where you otherwise would have" and the "ability to miss CC and hits".

the example i used above with giving an actual GodMode with absurd low RNG chance and extreme amount of silver for it, is a good example to make everyone with a working mind understand the issue's core :)

My mind works quite well, and I understand that boss armor is there to be an endgame goal. It is by no means difficult to attain boss armor. ESPECIALLY when the night vendor is released, which is what I'm waiting for.

There is a difference (albeit minor in the grand scheme of combat as I've seen +15 Ultimate gear vs +15 Boss gear and the outcomes are still very much the same.. make a mistake, and you die. Boss armor gives a player more chance to recover from a mistake which is how it should be) for a reason.

Posted (edited)

My mind works quite well, and I understand that boss armor is there to be an endgame goal. It is by no means difficult to attain boss armor. ESPECIALLY when the night vendor is released, which is what I'm waiting for.

There is a difference (albeit minor in the grand scheme of combat as I've seen +15 Ultimate gear vs +15 Boss gear and the outcomes are still very much the same.. make a mistake, and you die. Boss armor gives a player more chance to recover from a mistake which is how it should be) for a reason.

The only thing I really see with boss armor thats a bit "too" good is bheg's gloves, I'm noticing as a maehwa that I've had to dump 30+ ap(for acc) to actually attack things, with bheg's gloves that effectively a 30+ AP increase and that is not small by any means. Other than that the hebetate tree spirit armor is pretty great, but far from OP.

Edited by Everandea

Posted (edited)

thats a straight out lie mate.

+15 bherg gloves alone take you from reasonable chance to resist CC, to NEVER resisting CC.

full boss armour gives you FAR greater survivability because the game is build over 100-0% to die (if played well), while adding a ton of Eva (which makes you harder to chain CC, and greatly reduce all skill damage) and the HP buff which brings you over the normal trash hold of 100-0% deaths.

while it is true that once you hit 170+ AP generally you 1 chain everything. there is a MAJOR difference before that on fighting a boss or a ult armor. the same with a Kzaka or without kzaka. actually even after the 170+AP there is a MAJOR difference on fighting a Bherg/kzaka player and one without, because their CC will land FAR more and "first CC == WIN" at that AP lvl.

the difference is just absurdly big, to the point of ridiculess :) and it creates even more gab between the lucky 15h+ and the rest. which is always bad for balanced and challenging PvP setups.

PS: try fighting a Valk or War with +15ult, +15 livert, then fight a valk with +15kzaka and +15 bherg, and say the difference isn't very high ;)

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

thats a straight out lie mate.

+15 bherg gloves alone take you from reasonable chance to resist CC, to NEVER resisting CC.

full boss armour gives you FAR greater survivability because the game is build over 100-0% to die (if played well), while adding a ton of Eva (which makes you harder to chain CC, and greatly reduce all skill damage) and the HP buff which brings you over the normal trash hold of 100-0% deaths.

while it is true that once you hit 170+ AP generally you 1 chain everything. there is a MAJOR difference before that on fighting a boss or a ult armor. the same with a Kzaka or without kzaka. actually even after the 170+AP there is a MAJOR difference on fighting a Bherg/kzaka player and one without, because their CC will land FAR more and "first CC == WIN" at that AP lvl.

the difference is just absurdly big, to the point of ridiculess :) and it creates even more gab between the lucky 15h+ and the rest. which is always bad for balanced and challenging PvP setups.

PS: try fighting a Valk or War with +15ult, +15 livert, then fight a valk with +15kzaka and +15 bherg, and say the difference isn't very high ;)

Have you witnessed +15 Ult vs +15 Boss armor? I have and the only noticeable difference was the boss armor player being able to recover from a mistake.