• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Reaction to Patch Perpetuating a Culture of Terrorism

294 posts in this topic

Posted

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun
the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Daum,

I sincerely hope you are paying close attention to the behavior of your toxic OWPvP community. There are those among them who are decent, kind, and respectful individuals. While they are not necessarily delighted with the recent changes, they have taken this latest patch in stride and are adapting. Good on them. Then, you have those players from the OWPvP community who are taking your recent patch out on your other players. They are rallying around one another in the hope that using "violence and intimidation"  within the game will force you to revert your patch. I hope you understand that if you capitulate, you will not only be surrendering any power you have over your community, you will also be allowing for the continued terrorization of your PVE community. We are strong enough to handle their current assault. What you need to be doing at this moment is devising a plan to shield those players who did not ask to be razed.

Here are some suggestions:

PVP can only occur between players with a level disparity of 5 or less. IE. A level 55 player cannot kill a level 49 player, but can kill any player at 50 or above.

-or-

PVP players suffer steep karma penalties for killing AFK players with positive karma. (IE. Negative karma is completely maxed out.) No penalties exist for killing AFK players with negative karma.

-or-

PVP players killing positive karma players with a level disparity of 10 or greater suffer steep karma penalties. (IE. Negative karma is completely maxed out.)

If you take anything away from this, understand that the PVE community can stand united against this threat for a while, but certainly not forever. We need to you to see how the toxic players within the OWPvP community oppress and stifle the growth of the game. People don't want to be involved in a full-scale assault when they're seeking to escape real world stressors. This latest attempt to terrorize your entire PVE community proves that the OWPvP base has been afforded too many outlets for too long. Act now!

29 people like this

Posted

Your accusation looks very hypocrite by seeing the attitude of the PVE community after the last patch.

13 people like this

Posted

Well that got escalated quickly

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

GOOD NEWS BOYS WE'RE GETTING TO THEM, KEEP UP THE ASSAULT LMFAO!

Once again, YOU DON'T GET TO DO STUFF WITHOUT RISKS IN COMBAT ZONES, THAT'S WHY THE GAME SCREAMS AT YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE THE SAFEZONE! EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Welcome to BDO, an OPEN WORLD PVP GAME, where if you're in the OPEN WORLD, anyone can PK you. What a crazy concept, amirite?

Edited by Biggians
9 people like this

Posted (edited)

Your accusation looks very hypocrite by seeing the attitude of the PVE community after the last patch.

The reaction of the PVE community is delight, after months of being oppressed. Is some of it hypocritical - absolutely. But punishing in-game players is taking it a notch above words on a forum. :)

Edited by ARCHEVALKYRIE
1 person likes this

Posted

So essentially what you're saying is you don't like open world PvP because its unfair to the weaker people.... Well if you don't like feeling weak maybe you should use the in game mechanics to solve your problems. Instead of coming to the forums crying.

Posted

GOOD NEWS BOYS WE'RE GETTING TO THEM, KEEP UP THE ASSAULT LMFAO!

You haven't gotten to me at all. :) I haven't been PK'd once. I am simply calling attention to your behavior so that we can ensure your self-destruct buttton pressing works.

Posted

The reaction of the PVE community is delight, after months of being oppressed. Is some of it hypocritical - absolutely. But punishing in-game players is taking it a notch above words on a forum. :)

How exactly have you been 'oppressed' its like saying the X boss of the stage is oppressing you because you're unable to beat it and progress to the next level. LOL

Posted (edited)

GAME

1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.

2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.

Go and be terorised in another game if you don't enjoy this one. Many players enjoy it. And no, your amusment is not more important than mine.

And, sadly, this game always had and always will have open world pvp, which is unfair pvp by definition. I have no idea why you are here. So this game will always have "toxic" OWPvP community. Please do check it out here: https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207567515-Reporting-a-Player-for-Harassment

Black Desert Online is a competitive PvP game, where open world PvP and PK’ing is possible. We expect our players to look for an in game resolution for these issues.

I'm more than sure that you treat everyone the same, right? Wrong. No humans treats 2 persons the same. Such as I do not treat you and my friends the same. I am very able to hate you and insult you, while being a very "decent, kind, and respectful " person to the people that I like. It's humand nature, just as it is in the human nature to be frustrated by unwanted and unmotivated changes in your environement.

Thank you for the time you took to write a completely useless thread about pvp, a system that you are unable to understand, but right now you should leave, so:

spnjensenthedoorsoverthere_zps7076fe28.g

Edited by Chun-Chun
10 people like this

Posted

So essentially what you're saying is you don't like open world PvP because its unfair to the weaker people.... Well if you don't like feeling weak maybe you should use the in game mechanics to solve your problems. Instead of coming to the forums crying.

Actually, no, that's not what I'm saying. Reread OP and try again.

Posted

LOL

You're talking to me again... /facepalm

Posted

PVP players suffer steep karma penalties for killing AFK players with positive karma. (IE. Negative karma is completely maxed out.) No penalties exist for killing AFK players with negative karma.

-or-

PVP players killing positive karma players with a level disparity of 10 or greater suffer steep karma penalties. (IE. Negative karma is completely maxed out.)

so for doing either of these things you would have someone do 8-10 hours grinding. pfft go smoke your crack pipe in a different forum 

Posted (edited)

And you answer with more hypocrisy. Griefing is griefing.  Except that people who used to PK because were defending themselves from PVE griefiers, have no way to defend themselves now. It's not 50%-50% anymore. Double standards. People like you switch "morality theory" depending how it suits your needs. FYI: not helping your cause.

Edited by Lilitrix

Posted

PVP players suffer steep karma penalties for killing AFK players with positive karma.

I would have half their money and random gears transferred to the killed player as penalty :P 

Posted

Actually, no, that's not what I'm saying. Reread OP and try again.

Nope it seems like I got it pretty correct the first time. You don't like people stronger then you because they're able to push you out of areas because they're stronger. Because they're stronger then you, they're not 'terrorists' because they're impeding your sense of fun.

Posted (edited)

You're talking to me again... /facepalm

Quote from daum regarding what type of game this is:

Black Desert Online is a competitive PvP game, where open world PvP and PK’ing is possible. We expect our players to look for an in game resolution for these issues.

Source: here

Edited by Chun-Chun
1 person likes this

Posted

Where are this assaults going on exactly? I play in Orwen and everybody is playing as if nothing happened, I'm in 1 of the top 10 guilds in the server, not a single person has complained, or said they are leaving the game. I guess people here on the forums, are just griefing here since they cant grief in the game anymore.

2 people like this

Posted

And you answer with more hypocrisy. Griefing is griefing.  Except that people who used to PK because were defending themselves from PVE griefiers, have no way to defend themselves now. It's not 50%-50% anymore. Double standards. People like you switch "morality theory" depending how it suits your needs. FYI: not helping your cause.

If you say so. ;)

Posted

C Y B E R T E R R O R I S M 

2 people like this

Posted

If you say so. ;)

Common sense says so. I'm just using it.

Posted (edited)

Quote from daum regarding what type of game this is:

Source: here

I doubt they expected their patch changes to result in people using in-game griefing. So, well played. Not.

Edited by ARCHEVALKYRIE

Posted

victim

[vik-tim] 

a person who is deceived or cheated, as by his or her own emotions or ignorance

Posted

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun

bla bla

u are mindstucked. as terrorists are

Posted

Well, a thread about the so-said PvPers.

What is a PvPer? Somebody looking for competition against other players, to have fun with other players. They can lose, they can win, it is alway about fun. They invite you in arena, they exchanges hint and advices with their "foes for a minute" so that next time the fight will be harder, and funyer. They fight with their guild, make their teamplay better, talk with other guilds to organise some fair and fun fights. PK is only used against people directly infrighting with his matters.

What is a "so-said-PvPer"? Somebody that get his fun bei being a nuisance. Easy to recognise in BDO thank to his ghillie-uniform, he attacks people AFK or at a fight with a pack of MOBs. "Fair" and "square" are not in his dictionnary, he has fun being a douche and step back to crybaby if he can't be a nuisance anymore. He got still to learn the difference between "teamplay" and "zerg", but has the feeling nontheless to be somehow an elite regarding his 3 AFK victims a day. He would take any excuse to attack random weaker players, 'cause being a douche is fun.

I'd really like that people realises that this matter is not a PvP vs PvE problem, but a "Douche ganker" vs "the player community" matter.

4 people like this

Posted

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun

Daum,

I sincerely hope you are paying close attention to the behavior of your toxic OWPvP community. There are those among them who are decent, kind, and respectful individuals. While they are not necessarily delighted with the recent changes, they have taken this latest patch in stride and are adapting. Good on them. Then, you have those players from the OWPvP community who are taking your recent patch out on your other players. They are rallying around one another in the hope that using "violence and intimidation"  within the game will force you to revert your patch. I hope you understand that if you capitulate, you will not only be surrendering any power you have over your community, you will also be allowing for the continued terrorization of your PVE community. We are strong enough to handle their current assault. What you need to be doing at this moment is devising a plan to shield those players who did not ask to be razed.

Here are some suggestions:

PVP can only occur between players with a level disparity of 5 or less. IE. A level 55 player cannot kill a level 49 player, but can kill any player at 50 or above.

-or-

-or-

If you take anything away from this, understand that the PVE community can stand united against this threat for a while, but certainly not forever. We need to you to see how the toxic players within the OWPvP community oppress and stifle the growth of the game. People don't want to be involved in a full-scale assault when they're seeking to escape real world stressors. This latest attempt to terrorize your entire PVE community proves that the OWPvP base has been afforded too many outlets for too long. Act now!

Calm down, boo boo. It is not even that critical. A small portion of the PvP community is throwing a tantrum on the forums / in the game. It'll pass within a week when they find something new to cry about, and all will be well again.

If it is bothering you THAT much, level a pre-45 alt until then.