• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

There is no pleasing everyone here, it's time to pick a side, if you want to drive away all the TOP guilds continue transforming the game into a carebear-paradise.

172 posts in this topic

Posted

Hold up, you're saying for the low price of $0 I can drive away the people who bring their terrible drama to the forums? I can drive away the people who think they OWN a channel and will verbally abuse anyone in the game who beats them in PvP or PvE? I can drive away people who can't tell the difference between a game and real life? People who scream at each other in their TS/Discord and then air their drama out here and think people will care?

All I have to do is support this patch? Sign me the f*** up!

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh noes. Control freaks threatening to leave the game? How is that even a bad thing?

Posted (edited)

Your whole post is a pile of crap amassed together & you are either ignorant or playing the fool just to troll, no people won't quit because people annoy us at our farming spots, people are going to quit because the direction DAUM decide to take transform this game bit by bit into something entirely different than what it was from the start, we can't allow for this plan to casualize this game to pass, this is not WoW or GW2, this game was made for hardcore PvPers & they can't take such decisions were they completely remove the exp loss without make some research first & ask what we think about it, there is no way any PvPer would agree with that change because when there is no risk for dying the game turn into something dull & uninteresting, any PvPer knows very well that without risk there is no fun.

About the rest you wrote in case you haven't figure out by yourself let me tell you that we don't have prob with other guilds who come & fight us in order to steal our spot, my guild have no prob fighting other guilds at all, that's what we have done countless times in the past & still do in daily basis, but we have prob with all those who have no plan to fight just to grief, KS & troll us, & thanks to DAUM they can do that now as much they want freely as they have nothing to loose anymore.

Last about the karma system I complain & try to give suggestions on how they can improve it since ALPHA & although DAUM show some interest to do something about it at some point it seems it was all a smoke-screen & they completely forgot about it since then, I don't like how karma/flagging system works & I want them to change it to something that will resemble Lineage II as it was possible on this game for 2 people to fight & kill each other without getting a PK, on BD currently there is no way to do that & that sucks.

Since we agree in some points I don't understand why you think I'm a troll but whatever.

I know the griefing from people that don't fight is a thing, as I know it was already a thing before this patch, what I don't get is why people are going crazy like this is going to be the end of the game because of that like for real...

PvPers do have risk in dying, I tought that was the point? they turn red and have the risk to lose things while the griefers don't, so the PvP guys have to leave their PvE spot because they don't want to die by some other PvPers the griefer guy called after they made you all turn red because you wanted to defend your spot.

At least that's what I most read, so I don't believe that PvPers in this game find it fun to have risks in their PvP, at least not the majority of the ones that cry on the forums, since a lot of them said they only hold a spot until they turn red.

For me, this was a good change but it needed to come with a rework of the karma system or do something about the KS but since they are, in theory, reading the feedback from the thread dedicated to this thing I don't get the need to make 100 topics a day about the same thing, it's been only 2 days since patch.

Edited by Zagan

Posted

Well the point is OP talking about Korean game developer Pearl Abyss, their vision for the game and how our latest carebear patch apparently goes against that. But ironically, the Korean version is even more carebear than our Western version. Bit strange maybe, since they're much closer to the developers.

That was my point to the other poster, cultures differ and the fact that Korea had the xp change (little pvp happening there anymore) does not mean that the NA version had to follow suit nor does it mean that it is a sound decision. I think daum f'd up with this decision and it will be interesting to see the fallout and what is left of the player base one year from now. 

Topic: Top guilds leaving the game is only sad news for other top guilds. This isn't like in other MMORPG's(more PvE oriented) where so called top guilds are pillars of the community and contribute with theorycrafting, guides, streams and teaches plebs how to complete raids. In BDO majority of the player base wants them to leave, since top guilds are seen as a bunch of better geared, higher leveled(likely more skilled) players blocking others progression. So if anyone wants to rally support towards restoring the XP loss, pls dont use the "top guilds leaving" argument lol.

As you could tell, my point was that the impact of this change is affecting more than the top guilds, it is impacting most of the real pvp players. However, I disagree with those that view the top guilds in this game any differently than the top guilds in other games when in comes to quality. I know 'top guilds' in BDO that invest a ton of effort and time in theory-crafting, streaming and some were actively involved in promoting and getting people interested in this game prior to launch.  I know one of the top guilds created an extremely detailed and helpful play 'bible' ( hundreds of pages out before launch) that benefited many players (myself included) in this game. There are top guilds setting up community in-game events. As I said in other posts, I am not in one of these top guilds but I am smart enough to know that losing them will negatively impact this game. Wildstar lost their pvp player base early and I watched as the PVE player base made their sarcastic 'don't let the door hit you on the way out' comments in forums and now that game is a ghost town.  Lessons are often learned after the fact but it always amazes me that no one seems to see the writing on the wall time after time after time.... 

1 person likes this

Posted

There is no pleasing everyone here, it's time to pick a side, if you want to drive away all the TOP griefing guilds continue transforming the game into something that can be enjoyed by more people.

Fixed your flamebait of a tite for you.

Posted

why cater to 30% of the playerbase?
70% wins, top players too weak and ez.

Posted

Exactly. For me, exp loss was great, even im lvl 56 and dead hurts. I would like to have ti increased even to 2%. 

If anything, they should atleast reduce it based on lvl.. But they just completely ruined pvp system in this beautiful game.

Posted

The game we currently playing & the Black Desert Koreans play are not the same game anymore, PA had a complete different vision for their game & DAUM continue to turn this game into a carebear-paradise in our region, the zero-exp loss in PvP as long your karma is positive change is something unacceptable, I could accept reduction of exp-loss based on our lvl but complete removal of it takes all the risk away from players when they decide to go farm on a spot were another guild farm already, if they know they would be PKed & risk to loose exp then they won't even think to go farm there, at least not as long they care for their exp, now with what DAUM did they can keep coming back endlessly feeding karma loss on all those who are going to PK them & grief them that way just for the lols... now how the fck are we going to drive away all those who keep on coming back DAUM because they know they have nothing to loose anymore? how are we going to protect our grind spot? how are we going to stop all those random scrubs that can after what you did come & sit at the spot we are farming & start KSing our mobs & ruin our rotation? did you understand how idiotic was that change? you can't have an OW-PvP MMORPG were death means "nothing" were people loose nothing when they die, when the risk of dying doesn't afraid them, if there is no risk the game loose all it's meaning & turn into something dull that will make people bored...

All those TOP PvP guilds who came to this game did it because it was different than everything else we had in the market till now, because it was supposed to be a game for hardcore PvP players to compete with other TOP PvP guilds & experience similar situations we had many years ago in other games we had play in the past, & now what is that shit you did & what are you doing to this game? did you decide to ruin it? did you decide that casuals & carebears matter more than all those hardcore PvP players from all the TOP guilds? do you want to drive us away that's what you want? because in case you haven't realize it, that's what is gonna happen if you don't revert this change back as soon as possible, the feature of this game is doomed if you continue to change things to please the casual masses, this game was made for a specific type of players & that's why all of us came here if you turn it into something else entirely then we will have no reason to stay, this is Black Desert it's not Hello Kitty Online, stop ruining our game!

Its not just "your" game,its not just the "top guilds" game,you wanker.Money matters to game companies,what their investors want matters,it matters much more than your "feelings" and idle threats to leave a game if they don't do just what you want.

You pker's and top guilds tell the people you gank and those who undergear you to shut up and deal with it,and to QQ moar.When you guys have an advantage you tell everyone else to suck it up,and roll with the punches and deal with it.How about you do that too.Bunch of whiny brats.

1 person likes this

Posted

tumblr_static_84kijek6ng8w0o88ks8gw4kkc_

Posted

What about the top carebear guilds who spend just as much if not more money than some of the top pvp'er guilds?

Posted

Funny thing is, the game would still do perfectly fine without all the "top" guilds the OP is referring to. On the other hand, I doubt the same could be said once it loses its broad "carebear" audience.

Well OP, I suggest you finish your school and take an economics lesson or two while you're at it before you keep arguing about MMO companies catering to special snowflakes over broad masses. You'll be surprised.

Posted

Funny thing is, the game would still do perfectly fine without all the "top" guilds the OP is referring to. On the other hand, I doubt the same could be said once it loses its broad "carebear" audience.

Well OP, I suggest you finish your school and take an economics lesson or two while you're at it before you keep arguing about MMO companies catering to special snowflakes over broad masses. You'll be surprised.

As you could tell, my point was that the impact of this change is affecting more than the top guilds, it is impacting most of the real pvp players. However, I disagree with those that view the top guilds in this game any differently than the top guilds in other games when in comes to quality. I know 'top guilds' in BDO that invest a ton of effort and time in theory-crafting, streaming and some were actively involved in promoting and getting people interested in this game prior to launch.  I know one of the top guilds created an extremely detailed and helpful play 'bible' ( hundreds of pages out before launch) that benefited many players (myself included) in this game. There are top guilds setting up community in-game events. As I said in other posts, I am not in one of these top guilds but I am smart enough to know that losing them will negatively impact this game. Wildstar lost their pvp player base early and I watched as the PVE player base made their sarcastic 'don't let the door hit you on the way out' comments in forums and now that game is a ghost town.  Lessons are often learned after the fact but it always amazes me that no one seems to see the writing on the wall time after time after time.... 

Posted

they can keep coming back endlessly feeding karma loss on all those who are going to PK them & grief them that way just for the lols... now how the fck are we going to drive away all those who keep on coming back DAUM because they know they have nothing to loose anymore? how are we going to protect our grind spot? how are we going to stop all those random scrubs that can after what you did come & sit at the spot we are farming & start KSing our mobs & ruin our rotation?

Wow, try learning how to play Black Desert first and this wouldn't be a problem. Do any of you crazies that post the same topics here read any of the other 1,000 threads on this subject? If you PK without declaring war you get what you deserve. Try using the game systems as they were designed instead of playing with a blind fold on.

you can't have an OW-PvP MMORPG were death means "nothing" were people loose nothing when they die, when the risk of dying doesn't afraid them, if there is no risk the game loose all it's meaning & turn into something dull that will make people bored...

I didn't realize 1% exp loss brought meaning to Black Desert. Here i thought the reason to protect your grinding area was for the exp and loot. Guess what, you can still protect and monopolize those things. The only thing that's changed is you might have to PvP more to do it. I swear all you criers play this game to avoid PvP. The more penalties you add to the game, the more you discourage PvP.

that's what is gonna happen if you don't revert this change back as soon as possible, the feature of this game is doomed if you continue to change things to please the casual masses

I find it hilarious how the removal of a 1% exp loss changes Black Desert from a hardcore game to a care bear game and it's future becomes doomed. 

stop ruining our game!

I found your mistake... you're not entitled to anything.

Posted

Isn't the top PvP guilds goal to own castle sieges? If not, nodes. We don't even have those here yet.

All those top guilds will be in Valencia map later grinding and that place is open PvP zone with no penalty or karma loss. Please learn the game. I didn't even play KR version and I saw this just from patch notes for KR version.

What are you gonna do later when a hacker keeps PK'ing you at halfway to 60 and make you lose 1% which is 5 hours+ of grind? 

1 person likes this

Posted

s1200_975399a0bf18e01ac645add63772b2744a

Posted

Lol... "Top". That's part of the problem. The amount of self-entitlement in that first paragraph is just staggering; nothing is exclusively yours. I keep seeing this same argument and it's starting to become a bit funny... Do you really think you actually own these spots? It ain't yours lol. The "Top" guilds seem to think they're more important that other players. False. As. Fk. To be honest, by definition... It seems like a "Top" guild would be a minority within the game and thus changes that cater to them and them alone would cause the game to lose even MORE players, right? Instead of making silly threads about you potentially quitting, try and find a better solution. 

Posted (edited)

everyone seems to forget that we all would benefit best from the middle ground rather than extremes of "either" of the sides.

This pvp change was supposed to help new players. But regardless of my opinion on whether it's efficient or not it's actually affecting 2 separate things.

- new players

- global death penalties (that is the penalties that existed for all kinds of death being PVE, PVP +karma, PVP -karma)

I'm not a fan of 1% xp loss. "Red players" already had the added penalties of higher crystal loss rates. PVE deaths also had the added penalty of crystal loss. Positive karma alignment players had no added penalty besides the 1% xp loss that was global.

Right now positive karma players have no global penalty on pvp death. IMO this is the wrong way to go about it and it's not helping new players any further.

XP loss in general is a bad "mechanic", it should be removed from all sides, positive karma, negative karma and pve. Regardless of the player's alignment the penalty should not fall on level progression even for red players.

HOWEVER, the XP loss global death penalty should have been replaced with something else for everyone. It shouldn't have been removed and replace with nothing.

There are other mmos with some elegant temporary global death penalty solutions.

I will try to do a more elaborate post on the feedback thread about this as there's other issues this change fails to address such as karma and other suggestions to help new players catch up that have nothing to do with pvp.

I see people "taking sides", both seem satisfied with "winning" a victory on the forums just to "show them carebears" or "show them PK scumbags". Neither realizing they need both sides to play the game.

Rather than picking sides we should be thinking about what is really wrong and if this will really help new players.

But there's more to karma than just "PKing".

If we want a rich mmo we need everyone. Ignore one side and the game turns into an afk simulator and bland grindfest, ignore the other and we'll have a game that's excessively punishing. There is a middle ground and so many more features that could be added to the game from a "middle" solution rather than from picking sides...

Edited by Mish

Posted (edited)

The game we currently playing & the Black Desert Koreans play are not the same game anymore, PA had a complete different vision for their game & DAUM continue to turn this game into a carebear-paradise in our region

It's true that the BDO we play is not like the Korean BDO.

This is why pvp should be only available at lv 50 locked from the killing weakened belmorn quest and enabled on the whole account when completed.

GvG upkeep should be restored

It should cost 10k karma to flag and 200k karma to kill

Negative karma should make you risk to lose equipped item and enchantment when killed by another player

The no exp loss on high karma should stay since that has been in game for a year already in korea

We should have +20 enchantment and failing +16 should make you drop to +14

We shouldn't have field bosses

Edited by Haishao

Posted (edited)

considering that the "Top Guilds" in this game are currently BAKA, Gatekeepers, WaifuHunter, RedDragonDyn, and a mess of other 24/7 grinders who individually couldn't fight their way out of a paper sack without their precious MinMax gear and win-at-any-cost Macros ... then YES.  PLEASE GO.   All top Guilds, go give your stupid trustfund money to some other developer and never come back.  It's amazing to me how people who can be so graced by the fortune of all the free time in the world and no need for the struggles of lower class employment can somehow act so slighted by life and constantly be so angsty towards their fellow man as to attack him on-sight at every possible opportunity when he's not even fighting the same mobs they've laid claim to in their own Role-player sub-reality  (yes these "pros" have pushed me off of far out of the way mob spawns that literally no one was even interested in bothering with when I don't even HAVE a guild tag).

Yes you read that right, I just called the "Top Guilds" a bunch of roleplayers who are more lost in their own selfish fantasies than Vapers, Otherkin, and ASMR's

Edited by iller
1 person likes this

Posted

The game we currently playing & the Black Desert Koreans play are not the same game anymore, PA had a complete different vision for their game & DAUM continue to turn this game into a carebear-paradise in our region, the zero-exp loss in PvP as long your karma is positive change is something unacceptable, I could accept reduction of exp-loss based on our lvl but complete removal of it takes all the risk away from players when they decide to go farm on a spot were another guild farm already, if they know they would be PKed & risk to loose exp then they won't even think to go farm there, at least not as long they care for their exp, now with what DAUM did they can keep coming back endlessly feeding karma loss on all those who are going to PK them & grief them that way just for the lols... now how the fck are we going to drive away all those who keep on coming back DAUM because they know they have nothing to loose anymore? how are we going to protect our grind spot? how are we going to stop all those random scrubs that can after what you did come & sit at the spot we are farming & start KSing our mobs & ruin our rotation? did you understand how idiotic was that change? you can't have an OW-PvP MMORPG were death means "nothing" were people loose nothing when they die, when the risk of dying doesn't afraid them, if there is no risk the game loose all it's meaning & turn into something dull that will make people bored...

All those TOP PvP guilds who came to this game did it because it was different than everything else we had in the market till now, because it was supposed to be a game for hardcore PvP players to compete with other TOP PvP guilds & experience similar situations we had many years ago in other games we had play in the past, & now what is that shit you did & what are you doing to this game? did you decide to ruin it? did you decide that casuals & carebears matter more than all those hardcore PvP players from all the TOP guilds? do you want to drive us away that's what you want? because in case you haven't realize it, that's what is gonna happen if you don't revert this change back as soon as possible, the feature of this game is doomed if you continue to change things to please the casual masses, this game was made for a specific type of players & that's why all of us came here if you turn it into something else entirely then we will have no reason to stay, this is Black Desert it's not Hello Kitty Online, stop ruining our game!

A few more of these changes and its another mmo down the drain.

They can prepare the game for a massive p2w patch soon so its on par with Korea where a few guys oblitirate 10 to 15 people.

FUtilez will stick around for sure even with this change, but our trust in Daum has been damaged and like i said a few more changes like this and its gameover.

Posted (edited)

A few more of these changes and its another mmo down the drain.

They can prepare the game for a massive p2w patch soon so its on par with Korea where a few guys oblitirate 10 to 15 people.

FUtilez will stick around for sure even with this change, but our trust in Daum has been damaged and like i said a few more changes like this and its gameover.

When DAUM go & make such serious changes to the game that will effect negatively a huge portion of the most dedicate player base which is all the big guilds in the game that they knew before the patch how things was done, what options they had to protect their grind spot, & now take all that away from them, then they clearly show that they lack common logic, because they didn't even care to ask us before they go ahead & do that how this will effect us, they fcked up the game with a patch & then they went silent & they don't even care to give some answers to the countless threads that demand to revert this patch &/or implement the KARMA/FLAGGING V 2.0 themselves propose to us, I am seriously very disappointed with how this have turn, if they don't do something fast to solve this I'm gonna loose any trust I had on them till now, if they don't do something it won't just be another mmo down the drain as you said, it will be another publisher down the drain, it will be TRION all over again... 

Edited by Aeris_TheAncient

Posted

When DAUM go & make such serious changes to the game that will effect negatively a huge portion of the most dedicate player base which is all the big guilds in the game that they knew before the patch how things was done, what options they had to protect their grind spot, & now take all that away from them, then they clearly show that they lack common logic, because they didn't even care to ask us before they go ahead & do that how this will effect us, they fcked up the game with a patch & then they went silent & they don't even care to give some answers to the countless threads that demand to revert this patch &/or implement the KARMA/FLAGGING V 2.0 themselves propose to us, I am seriously very disappointed with how this have turn, if they don't do something fast to solve this I'm gonna loose any trust I had on them till now, if they don't do something it won't just be another mmo down the drain as you said, it will be another publisher down the drain, it will be TRION all over again... 

And what would make you a more dedicated player compared to a farmer or a tamer?

Posted

All this drama over 1% xp lol

Do you even know how much 1% means in level 57? :)

Posted

Do you even know how much 1% means in level 57? :)

I do

Learn to not step on toes

I'm sorry you don't know when to cede a spot

Posted

I'm amazed of the amount of carebears in forum, i've honestly wouldn't have started playing the game if there weren't any XP loss on pk. The game was alredy very carebear sided with nothing lost on war deads and you could even avoid any XP loss with pearl items.

I'm gonna wait a bit and see if it changes back to normal,,,