• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Secure Trade System

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have been thinking on how to make the trade system safe to evade exploits, goldsellers, item sellers, etc.

I have found the next ideas, those are very restrictive, but it does the trade system available with many people.

It should work like this:

-You can only trade if you are lvl 50 or above.

-You can only trade with your guild members.

-Increase the guild cooldown after you leave a guild to 1 week, instead of 24h. It won't be worth it to any player who want to buy gold/items/blackstones to a seller because it will take to him 1 week to be able to trade with the seller (who need to have a clan, and it will probably be full of sellers too, so it makes easy to find the sellers, because they will play together "i think"). And then the buyer will need one more week after the purchase to return to his guild, if the guild is hardcore, the guild probably will revoke his come back.

Other idea to limit the trades that someone can do is limit it to X per day, to evade the Guild Masters, to be receiving items to get better gear fast.

What do you think? (sorry if i have any orthographic error in the explanation)

I hope that developers read it :)

Edited by Sherkus
6 people like this

Posted

Here's the counter of your system:  A lot of guilds would just have a seller within guild.

Posted

Here's the counter of your system:  A lot of guilds would just have a seller within guild.

a lot of guilds already do

Posted

Do you really think that the hardcore guilds would like to have a seller inside the guild? I will make a norm that if you have a seller inside, all the clan can be disbanded/banned, or you can also need to reach guild points to be able to trade with your guild members.

Posted (edited)

And from where will that seller get the money, from thin air? 

You do realise that gold sellers base themselves on multiple accounts gathering silver, right?

And you could always restrict it only to items that get bound after 1 trade.

I love how you always refuse the idea of trading, when it can be done without having gold sellers, but you just refuse to use your little brain to think of a solutions... @Strates

Trading: from lvl 50, only between guild members, only with items, items get account bound after 1 trade. Tell me, how will gold sellers abuse this @Strates ? 

Edited by Chun-Chun
2 people like this

Posted

Do you really think that the hardcore guilds would like to have a seller inside the guild? I will make a norm that if you have a seller inside, all the clan can be disbanded/banned, or you can also need to reach guild points to be able to trade with your guild members.

A lot of guilds used to in other games.  Also how are you going to track this?  Maybe its just a guildy helping another guy out?  That's the thing, its hard to tell whether a trade is legitimate or not.

You do realise that gold sellers base themselves on multiple accounts gathering silver, right?

Honestly I don't see trading making it into this game.  And any player that's played this game enough knows how easily trading would be exploited by everyone who's played KR and doesn't mind spending a bit of extra money on this game.  They should just leave it where it is, you can trade consumables.  If they really want to add something, trading materials for crafts would be a good addition, but no more than that.  The way it is now with consumables is fine.

Posted (edited)

A lot of guilds used to in other games.  Also how are you going to track this?  Maybe its just a guildy helping another guy out?  That's the thing, its hard to tell whether a trade is legitimate or not.

Honestly I don't see trading making it into this game.  And any player that's played this game enough knows how easily trading would be exploited by everyone who's played KR and doesn't mind spending a bit of extra money on this game.  They should just leave it where it is, you can trade consumables.  If they really want to add something, trading materials for crafts would be a good addition, but no more than that.  The way it is now with consumables is fine.

the way it is now it allows gold sellings, you said it yourself last week. Now it is fine... i see.

But please explain to me how would goldsellers sell with this: Trading: from lvl 50, only between guild members, only with items, items get account bound after 1 trade. 

Instead of looking for a solution for a problem in a system, let's remove the whole system. Good phylosphy there, too bad that the world doesn't work like that....

Trading CAN work in this game. But people like you refuse to accept it.

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

Here is how you do it. I'm gunna trim a bit of what you have.

Simply limit trade to accounts that have a level 50 character on them.

Monitor trade amounts. Everything has a set value. If someone trades a large amount for no or little goods, or if another account gets several smaller amounts with nothing being traded back it should be flagged and investigated. Once investigation is done ban commences. 

Pretty simple really. The key is tracking odd transactions and flagging them. Gold selling is really obvious if you have a system that is able to flag odd transactions that are lopsided. The difficult part is stopping the multiple small transactions from multiple accounts, but seeing as those multiple accounts are all trading with the same account it would make it easier to get rid of ALL of the gold seller accounts that took part. A daily total would be an easy way to add up all the trades and make them a one big, glaring gold sell.

Those two things are all thats needed.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Why not just have a server with open player trades and an open market system?

Edited by Nightsdawn

Posted (edited)

no sliver trading, no silver looting, trade enabled items become character bound and or have zero npc silver return value.. start with that and expand trade enabled features based on feed back and update with patches and maintenance.  over time the system balances out and becomes super functional.. just as a community we will have to be patient and let the game mature  - and that's worth it.  even items that drop on loot could be possible with this kind of application.. char bound, and zero silver at first... it's something you can use use on pvp drop or not..  sounds restrictive but over time it would mature become more functional and work.   there existing lists of things that could easily be trade enabled from the start or pvp drop enabled that would if setup right be rewarding without prone to exploit  - again pvp drop and trade are quite similar and over time the system/list  would expand and grow  become really quite workable

Edited by bdo77
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

And you could always restrict it only to items that get bound after 1 trade.

I love how you always refuse the idea of trading, when it can be done without having gold sellers, but you just refuse to use your little brain to think of a solutions... @Strates

Trading: from lvl 50, only between guild members, only with items, items get account bound after 1 trade. Tell me, how will gold sellers abuse this @Strates ? 

Can you also make it so that accounts must be connected to a phone number of the serviced territories. I think this will rule out a lot of bots, but if bots still manage to enter, it would be phone providers dealing with the problem which is not exactly good? (Just an idea, I dont know...)

I really do want to see a working trade system that has lots of restrictions so it can't be abused by gold sellers.

Edited by Fumiyu

Posted

Can you also make it so that accounts must be connected to a phone number of the serviced territories. I think this will rule out a lot of bots, but if bots still manage to enter, it would be phone providers dealing with the problem which is not exactly good? (Just an idea, I dont know...)

I really do want to see a working trade system that has lots of restrictions so it can't be abused by gold sellers.

How would the gold sellers abouse the system i posted. If you can tell me how, sure... we'll add even blood verification to it.

Posted

Make the game so I can enjoy it, stop breaking it it because of the gold sellers.

Games are supposedly made for players to have fun, not to counter gold sellers, at least that's what I thought!

Posted

Make the game so I can enjoy it, stop breaking it it because of the gold sellers.

Games are supposedly made for players to have fun, not to counter gold sellers, at least that's what I thought!

this person, has it right. and there really is no counter to gold sellers, they're just going to make an account up to level 50 with max gear and sell it for 500+ and then buy a second copy of the game and start shouting "buy characters at www.cantstopme.com/lolololololololol"

There's no point in attempting to stop them, don't ruin the game for everybody on the hope of an impossible ideal, make the game an enjoyable experience for us

Posted

Posted

Why ruin the pie for a few bad apples. The best thing to do to fight gold sellers is to just not buy. but some will try that is the sad part in stead of beating the game with your own hands they have someone else do it and say "i bet it" no honor among them. Just have trading inside the guild that's all i care about so i can help friends and guild mates.

Posted (edited)

I think that this is a game made to let the players enjoy the system, not to evade sellers to win money, so there are ways to evade the sellers, and at the same time let the players enjoy the game.

Edited by Sherkus

Posted

Agreed, I was so peeved to learn I can't trade silver! I was spending most of the CBT2 leveling since I missed out on CBT1 and I've already had my fill of playing foreign games with B&S. My guild and I were going to pool silver to upgrade into a guild from a clan as we started to hit the cap by the end of the night, what ended up happening was a member creating it for me while I kicked everyone else so they could join and now I am left guildless until the 24hrs is up and cannot lead my guild until then..