• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nothing worse than changing game's core rules

63 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The big problem in fact with the lastest patch is that DAUM changed 1 of the game's core rule. We knew what was the game before playing it. The game proposed a dangerous environment with free pvp. Everyone knew it, even pvers.

But what happens in the end ? People who first joined and love BDO for its pvp features are now disappointed. But the people who joined the game and didn't accept the game's rules from the beginning and wanted to change them are pleased.

So ? The game was a lie. And PA was not able to propose a pve only channel. In the end if so many people are angry it's because of that.

One can accept game's changes. Every games need to evolve. One can accept nerfs because it's to correct the game. But changing one of the mecanics from the original game is the worst thing to do for a developper. It can be done later to adapt to new mecanics only.

I think that explains why so many people are disappointed.

Edited by Delweyn
9 people like this

Posted

Dude, this patch ALREADY EXISTS in KR, so if you wanted something else, you should research more, you SHOULD. YOU.SHOULD. Period, end of debate.

9 people like this

Posted

Dude, this patch ALREADY EXISTS in KR, so if you wanted something else, you should research more, you SHOULD. YOU.SHOULD. Period, end of debate.

Dude the game in western countries lauched with this mecanic, you didn't know ? YOU SHOULD SHOULD SHOULD try to understand and use brain. That's all.

2 people like this

Posted

Dude the game in western countries lauched with this mecanic, you didn't know ? YOU SHOULD SHOULD SHOULD try to understand and use brain. That's all.

"We knew what was the game before playing it."

Posted

Didn't change a core rule.  Tweaked one facet of one feature of a multi-feature game.  A core change in rules would be something like removing a quest from the game that allows people to opt out of PvP...

6 people like this

Posted

The big problem in fact with the lastest patch is that DAUM changed 1 of the game's core rule. We knew what was the game before playing it. The game proposed a dangerous environment with free pvp. Everyone knew it, even pvers.

+1

Posted

TL;DR - BOOHOO MY GRIND SPOT ISN'T MIIIIIINE ANYMORE!!!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

But what happens in the end ? People who first joined and love BDO for its pvp features are now disappointed. But the people who joined the game and didn't accept the game's rules from the beginning and wanted to change them are pleased.

So ? The game was a lie. And PA was not able to propose a pve only channel. In the end if so many people are angry it's because of that.

One can accept game's changes. Every games need to evolve. One can accept nerfs because it's to correct the game. But changing one of the mecanics from the original game is the worst thing to do for a developper. It can be done later to adapt to new mecanics only.

What a funny, outstanding JOKE!!!

Exp loss on PvP Death is a CORE-Rule?????????????

What will you say if they make PvP Flag 100% optional or make PvE Serves?????

THAT would be a CORE-RULE..... Jesus Christ....

Btw i don´t see "many" People that don´t like the Patch, only a HANDFULL that make 1000 Topics to make it look like they are the Majority.

Edited by Caduryn

Posted

Dropping the 1% penalty for GOOD KARMA just makes sense. Bad karma is where the penalties should be.

And that is hardly a core mechanic.

Cry more.

2 people like this

Posted

The big problem in fact with the lastest patch is that DAUM changed 1 of the game's core rule. We knew what was the game before playing it. The game proposed a dangerous environment with free pvp. Everyone knew it, even pver

When did they disable Alt+C?

That would have been a core rule.

What they did was tweak the system so lower geared/level players would not lose XP when a d***head would PK them because they are close to his rotation.

Posted (edited)

like trading between player or AH fix price

people has been asking to change core rule from day ONE! now people is saying nothing worst then change core rules (and still asking to change a bunch of them)

irony

Edited by NgocTu
1 person likes this

Posted

Didn't change a core rule.  Tweaked one facet of one feature of a multi-feature game.  A core change in rules would be something like removing a quest from the game that allows people to opt out of PvP...

It's a core rule. How many good mmorpg (except eve) is proposing a real death penalty in normal game ? I don't mention harcore modes with definitive death because it's very special.

There are people who like the risks. BDO proposed first a risk in dying. And as we can hardly die in pve (except the world boss who have stupid mecanics) now BDO is just a quit nice soft world. It's not what some players wanted at the beginning. It's very different. It's why it's a core game's mecanics change.

Posted

What a funny, outstanding JOKE!!!

What will you say if they make PvP Flag 100% optional or make PvE Serves?????

THAT would be a CORE-RULE..... Jesus Christ....

+1 

Posted (edited)

TL;DR - BOOHOO MY GRIND SPOT ISN'T MIIIIIINE ANYMORE!!!

LVL 54, and top 30 in 2 lifeskill. as I said I like dangerous environment. But you are a good exemple of pvers and their mentality who know all ;) I should maybe join a screen

As I said, I left the game because it does not please me anymore. I just wanted to explain the reason of so many complains. But like always, it's no use to try to talk to pveboys narrow minded and who want to order their point of view. But if you are satisfied it's a good thing for you. DAUM could have please everyone by doing pve channels but well. It's done.

Edited by Delweyn

Posted

Out of curiosity... how did things in KR start out?

I mean they did release the game over a longish time in several chunks, too... how did they start on day 0? With or without PvP XP loss?

Posted

Yes, it is a core rule. Death penalty create ecosystem of OWPvP. Without this, the game have 0 risk what completely break risk/reward relation.

Posted

Are we western countries, hm? Still not core change, nor any change, as you speak. But why should you believe, because it is YOU....Entitled little whiner.

Bye.

Posted

Are we western countries, hm? Still not core change, nor any change, as you speak. But why should you believe, because it is YOU....Entitled little whiner.

Bye.

Sorry I can't communicate with you because u are incomprehensible :/ I just understand "bye" and it's good. I thank you.

Posted

LVL 54, and top 30 in 2 lifeskill. as I said I like dangerous environment. But you are a good exemple of pvers and their mentality who know all ;) I should maybe join a screen

Okay, but then why not go ahead and PK people, go red, play the role of outlaw?  That would ultimately be far more dangerous than just having your opponent lose their 1%xp and that's the end of it for you.  You'll get to be hunted by posses of people.  You'll be in far more danger AND, wait for it... you'll lose XP if they manage to kill you!

May not be all that viable until more content is in, but PvP can still carry risk if you're willing to take it on. 

Posted (edited)

Okay, but then why not go ahead and PK people, go red, play the role of outlaw?  That would ultimately be far more dangerous than just having your opponent lose their 1%xp and that's the end of it for you.  You'll get to be hunted by posses of people.  You'll be in far more danger AND, wait for it... you'll lose XP if they manage to kill you!

May not be all that viable until more content is in, but PvP can still carry risk if you're willing to take it on. 

I'm not a pker. For the moment I was pked 3 times (+1 in afk fishing) and never hit anyone because I don't like it. I'm angry each time I was pked but it gives me adrenaline and satisfaction to survive and maybe defend myseld when I can - and a goal to be stronger with time. It's why I like dangerous environment.

In my personnal case. I don't like the 1% penalty to make suffer others, but because to take care of myself by defending myelf from pkers.

Edited by Delweyn

Posted

Sorry I can't communicate with you because u are incomprehensible :/ I just understand "bye" and it's good. I thank you.

Of course, every little whiner like you with no comprehension of SOLID ARGUMENT will ever try to understand it. Low IQ, high ego. Learn some basic psychology, it will help you :)

Posted

Uninstall, kthxbaii

Posted

I agree with you. There were several discussions before the launch of the game as how the penalty should be handled and Daum decided on the -1% on pk. They could have decided otherwise and people would have known what to expect. But to make such a drastic change out of the blue and to not even ask the community feels at least for me like a betrayal. I am very upset as how Daum is handling this issue.

3 people like this

Posted

Of course, every little whiner like you with no comprehension of SOLID ARGUMENT will ever try to understand it. Low IQ, high ego. Learn some basic psychology, it will help you :)

You really mad ? :(

Posted

Perhaps you missed Elion's Tears.

Wait for Whale Hunting, I hope you have enough Elion's Tears and you'll be glad to not lose xp there, LOL.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0