• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Changes Seem Fair.

129 posts in this topic

Posted

Make the winner win, not the loser lose.

Now, there's a constructive suggestion.

Posted (edited)

I never said there is enough place for everyone at Sausans. I never said there shouldn't be PvP over those spots. I do claim tho, that whoever says that midcores "steal" their spots after the change should change rhetoric. Their main problem is NOT one ranger or wizzard that will grief, those individuals are very few. Their main problem is that they can no longer steal a rotation from another group that was already there. And this change in EXP loss protects those who belong in my category.
As for how I chose to play the game, well, I seek no advice, I am a veteran in MMO's and I do acknowledge the disadvantages I face by setting time limitations to my gaming schedule, but it remains my choice to NOT seek a more hardcore pattern. I did not say I always play solo, I am and I have been a member of a guild for most of the time, however, I also have to solo certain game activities that would be optimally dealt with a group. If that makes any sense to you. But this is not a thread about how I chose to play the game. My point was to show that there is not only black and white in this EXP matter. There is a great deal of people who have been victimized for no reason (with the EXP loss) and having them labelled as carebears does not simply make that fair. :)

Instead of having the community divided and shooting one another, we can just ask for a solution that will serve everyone.

Edited by Shiren

Posted

They dont care about PVP they care to use PVP to free their PVE area so they can freely PVE "more"

pvp is just a mean to get more pve for them

Posted

So it's a balance issue. The possibility of abuse is too high to ignore.

Like the abuse of being able to put a dead stop to others advancement?

So some people will allow the griefers to kill them over and over and dig their hole deeper.

Apparently you lot don't like it when the tables are turned.

Posted

They dont care about PVP they care to use PVP to free their PVE area so they can freely PVE "more"

pvp is just a mean to get more pve for them

To be fair, it is the other way around m8. Unless they level up, they cannot be competitive in PvP. Like it or not, the top ranked guilds will go to Valencia long before the rest of us do, they do progress in different speeds than we do and it is only fair because they do invest a lot more than we do, time-wise, money-wise. My point here is that there must be a solution that serves both sides, without killing off one or the other. This "civil war" has no logic. We can all co-exist and play our part in the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

okey they like to "win easy" not PVP then they like to take advantage and unfair fight if they really did like PVP the fair one they wouldn't complain about a change that allow them to have more target and on the long term more "balanced PVP" as more people get higher level = more balance in strengh

Posted

So some people will allow the griefers to kill them over and over and dig their hole deeper.

LOL and you think this patch changes anything?  They might not be able to make you lose XP by killing you but they can still easily out-farm you and stop you from getting XP just like they could pre-patch.  Or as my bezerker guildmates choose to do pre and post patch, they can pick you up and feed you to the mobs and let them take that 1% from you without worrying about the karma hit..

Posted

The changes seem to make things a little more fair.  You can STILL PK anyone you want, anytime you want.  You can still be rude, crude, offensive, and anit-carebear as much are you please.  You can kick people out of your claimed farm area.  You can still knock horse trainers to the ground and kill their mounts for spite.  You can still do all of the things you want, now there is a harsher penalty is all.  You are still free to do all these things!  Why so much salt over the karma loss?  You can still do anything you choose to. 

Just seems like now your tears will mix with your victims to make it all the more joyous for all of us. 

+1 so true

In my four months of playing this game I can't ever recall a high level player complaining -- in channel chat -- that a lower level player stole their mobs. However, I do regularly hear players say they were pk'ed while they were AFK or fishing. I also hear players boast when they kill an afk fisher or someone's unattended horse. So imo I think this new system is to deter people from being blatant a-holes, because the point is PvP, not kill an absent player that can't even put up a fight. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I would like to see they come up with some solution, in the end of the day more people play the game the better it is but i also know they can't please everyone there will always be some victims no matter what they will do. Im just glad im not game developer this days :D

Edited by RyuuGaWagaTekiWoKurau
1 person likes this

Posted

The changes seem to make things a little more fair.  You can STILL PK anyone you want, anytime you want.  You can still be rude, crude, offensive, and anit-carebear as much are you please.  You can kick people out of your claimed farm area.  You can still knock horse trainers to the ground and kill their mounts for spite.  You can still do all of the things you want, now there is a harsher penalty is all.  You are still free to do all these things!  Why so much salt over the karma loss?  You can still do anything you choose to. 

Just seems like now your tears will mix with your victims to make it all the more joyous for all of us. 

Why stop there?

I suggest taking this PVP game to an entirely new level now. Every pvp guild that cares about this issue should have max war decs on guilds that have players that are taking advantage of this asinine change. Take some time off grinding (aka now less productive pve grief killing) to camp everyone in that guild regardless of where they are at. If you have Karma, don't waste it on players that have no penalty for griefing and dying - use it on those horses and wagons and anything of value to bring back the basic concept of pvp risk.

Those that never took advantage of killing afk fisherman or trainers before need to save some karma for that as well, let your disappointment in the change be heard and felt with tears and angry posts from all those players that were never touched before that are sought out now and truly understand what real PK griefing is. 

Daum might have ignorantly removed the risk in exp loss for people that bought a pvp game that didn't want to pvp that insisted on going to the highest contested pvp zones when many other grind location are available but you can do your part to add back in a little penalty/risk and let Daum is deal with a shit storm of salty tears from those that had no issue until this asinine decision was made. 

Meet the new level of griefing Daum is promoting with our own version of PVP griefing, step up and set the whiners straight on what REAL griefing really is. 

Posted

its funny how the people complaining about the patch saying it  causes griefers are running around killing fishers and griefing.

well, I guess they weren't wrong in a way 

Posted

Why stop there?

I suggest taking this PVP game to an entirely new level now. Every pvp guild that cares about this issue should have max war decs on guilds that have players that are taking advantage of this asinine change. Take some time off grinding (aka now less productive pve grief killing) to camp everyone in that guild regardless of where they are at. If you have Karma, don't waste it on players that have no penalty for griefing and dying - use it on those horses and wagons and anything of value to bring back the basic concept of pvp risk.

Those that never took advantage of killing afk fisherman or trainers before need to save some karma for that as well, let your disappointment in the change be heard and felt with tears and angry posts from all those players that were never touched before that are sought out now and truly understand what real PK griefing is. 

Daum might have ignorantly removed the risk in exp loss for people that bought a pvp game that didn't want to pvp that insisted on going to the highest contested pvp zones when many other grind location are available but you can do your part to add back in a little penalty/risk and let Daum is deal with a shit storm of salty tears from those that had no issue until this asinine decision was made. 

Meet the new level of griefing Daum is promoting with our own version of PVP griefing, step up and set the whiners straight on what REAL griefing really is. 

Why are you so full of vile, bilious hatred?

And really, do you think anyone will take people like yourself seriously?

1 person likes this

Posted

They cry because, they think that Xp loss is the only thing that demoralizes people who want to enjoy the broader aspects of the game.

Posted

Now, there's a constructive suggestion.

Okay....  someone suggested giving a buff for a kill in another thread and it was quickly shown to be a bad idea. Would sorta put a bounty on everyone's head.

Posted

Why are you so full of vile, bilious hatred?

And really, do you think anyone will take people like yourself seriously?

Why do you take this is vile, bilous hatred? 

The OP made a suggestion and I am suggesting we take it one step further. People want to sit and whine about all this PK griefing and I am suggesting we actually expose them to a little. think of it as a pvp educational experience? 

I have no hatred toward anyone as I do not know any of these people, I am just suggesting what this game has in place for mechanic. There is ZERO policies and rules against killing horses, declaring war, killing afk players ect in this pvp game so all is fair game. I am just elevating my pvp adventures from where they have always been and suggesting others do as well. 

Posted

Think they should just make specific servers at this point. PvP for those who want the penalty.. Carebear for all the rest.. Actually name the server carebear..wonder what the pop would be like..

Posted (edited)

how about disabling resurrect from nodes? make them walk all the way back from major towns only. if they wanna grief enjoy the 3min horse ride or 5 minute walk.

Edited by weelsun

Posted

I am just elevating my pvp adventures from where they have always been and suggesting others do as well. 

"pvp adventures" is a somewhat amusing euphemism for griefing. :P

1 person likes this

Posted

"pvp adventures" is a somewhat amusing euphemism for griefing. :P

"You" are all refering to griefing for a change mostly about grinding (if you go to a contested area and die it isn't griefing, it's you being unprepared, just as much as if you go grind to an area not appropriate for your level) so he may have a point.

Posted

I have a feeling you didn't understand what I wrote.

Because you are confused you are jumping to insults.

I'm sorry I don't know how to be clear with you.

Posted (edited)

I have a feeling you didn't understand what I wrote.

Because you are confused you are jumping to insults.

I'm sorry I don't know how to be clear with you.

There were no insults there. If it triggered you, sorry.

You claimed that the no xp loss for good karma is a balance issue and susceptible to abuse.

I simply pointed out that the abuse that was possible before that change was far worse.

Now the griefers don't have the ability to stop other people advancing.

It is pretty clear.

Edited by Kelticfury
clarity

Posted

All non red players are carebears :D

Posted

Think they should just make specific servers at this point. PvP for those who want the penalty.. Carebear for all the rest.. Actually name the server carebear..wonder what the pop would be like..

I'd love to know why they feel the can't do this. It seems so obvious.

My theory is, PA developed a game of crafting and economy only to find they couldn't balance it. So they hacked PvP onto the endgame, hoping to recoup their investment. That really explains so much....

Anyway, if true, then a non-PvP server may have no point.

Not, you know, that I personally really need a point to play BDO. I just love the scenery.

Posted

There were no insults there. If it triggered you, sorry.

You claimed that the no xp loss for good karma is a balance issue and susceptible to abuse.

I simply pointed out that the abuse that was possible before that change was far worse.

Now the griefers don't have the ability to stop other people advancing.

It is pretty clear.

That isn't what I said.

I'm sorry all I can think of to say is:

You haven't reached the level of content where KS griefing occurs.

Posted

That isn't what I said.

I'm sorry all I can think of to say is:

You haven't reached the level of content where KS griefing occurs.

No I understand you perfectly. I just do not agree with you at all.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0