• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Premium Dye Subscription

Premium Dye Subscription   155 votes

1. 1. Would you like a Premium Dye Subscription?

• Yeah, sure, why not?
    • I'd rather not.
    • I'm indifferent.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

94 posts in this topic

Posted

So this has been a part of KR's cash shop for a bit and I recently noticed it wasn't listed in the recently announced NA/EU cash shop. I thought it would be nice to introduce something like this sooner rather than later to NA/EU before everyone ends up permanently dyeing all their outfits and the value of this feature declines. 

For those that don't know, the Premium Dye Subscription:

• Allows a player to dye their outfit in any color from every palette. 
  • Allows a player to change colors at any moment while their subscription is active.
  • Purchasable in 15/30 day subscriptions. 
  • BUT the equipment reverts back to its original colors once the subscription ends.
  • BUT you can't dye an item that has already been dyed with the "permanent dye". (I would prefer this changed.)
    • BUT you can "white-out" a permanently dyed part with another cash shop item, probably the "bleach" item (gross.)

So what good is this when we already have a perfectly good dye customization system? It removes the RNG of finding or waiting to buy off the AH the perfect dye to match your favorite outfit. It's also a totally optional thing and in no way could it harm the game (as far as I know). This would be a hugely valuable feature for players planning on collecting costumes and like to alter their color schemes frequently. 

Wouldn't this defeat the purpose of buying Dye Box Sets from the cash shop? Not quite. For those who would rather not renew a subscription every month and own only one or two costumes, it would be way more cost effective to simply buy dyes off the market or RNG with the cash shop. Though, I haven't confirmed it, I believe you can sell the dye you receive from dye boxes, but you cannot sell the dye boxes themselves (based on PM Diary 2.2). 

These are just my thoughts. I'd like to know what you guys thought about it. Discussions, yay~

It didn't occur to me till this was posted by Steparu:

1 person likes this

Posted

How-About-No-Bear.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Posted

mDN8UY0.thumb.jpg.8ccb0957e697e9af7b9992

Posted

pay for a visual that vanishes if you stop paying? Hell no.  If it were F2p maybe...not for me but hey. But this game cost me 100 bucks (yeah I did conq.) They are not goinna weasel money like that and keep paying customers around.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

gross_no_thank_you_supernatural.thumb.gi

Edited by Chrono20

Posted (edited)

I still have a few of these Pallets of Merv (1day only) in KR and they're great to have as I can change to my hearts content.

Yes I would love to have the dye subscription in the game. Why? I don't have to wait to be RNG blessed to get the dye that I want after 1-1000 tries, and this is good way to support Daum. I wouldn't even mind if this option costs 5$-10$.

Those who want to purchase dye boxes can continue to do so.

Edited by Ames
2 people like this

Posted

This would be a great idea if I was stoned out of my mind

97976670ac10daa49eb1bf8fed3627d1.jpg

Posted

Well at least you keep true to your title..

tumblr_m5hfo9Ydur1qe3yjd.gif

Joke's on you, while you're getting RNG-d right in your behind trying to get the dye that you want for every item set (good luck with that) I'll be enjoying  any color that I want on any costume for 15-30 days.  I'm only making reference to how it currently is right now in KR.

If they want to make dye events or give them our for free, even better. But I highly doubt it ^^.

Posted

Keep the subscriptions away from a b2p game. Seriously.. are you people mentally challenged?

3 people like this

Posted

So why not change the dye system.

In guild wars 2 you can just unlock the dye collors by using them once. And then make it that you have to pay silver to an npc to paint the armour any unlocked collor you like.

Maybe even make it more expensive the more you've died something, or have to remove it with bleach obtainable trough cash/mileage shop and as loot.

Posted (edited)

i want a life time of FREE RENT all employee expenses paid, server bills, and coffee room break snacks!!   but ONLY if someone buys my game!!!

Edited by bdo77

Posted

Keep the subscriptions away from a b2p game. Seriously.. are you people mentally challenged?

No thanks. Subscription is just another option alongside to the standard way of purchasing random dyes.

People should be allowed to chose which way they want to support Daum, unless they want to introduce them ingame  through the crafting system or whatever else, but that's not the point of this topic is it now.

1 person likes this

Posted

I wouldn't mind something like that personally, it's a completely option system that has zero effect on gameplay, that is literally -only- for people that want the color setups.

The only real drawback is, it may open a flood-gate of, "WHAT ELSE CAN WE MAKE SUB FEE'S?!" But, so long as they keep it to stuff like this, where they have the option of dyes elsewhere, it's taking zero away from the game in total and instead lets people fund the dev's for a completely optional feature, it seems pretty win/win.

2 people like this

Posted

Once you let one sub into the game, more will follow, and the game will go down a cash grab mindset

put real content into the cash shop and people will buy it. just dont make it so expensive to deter people. 

3 people like this

Posted

The fact that it reverts back after the sub runs out is what kills it for me. It just forces you to continue purchasing the sub. No thank you.

Posted

I wouldn't mind something like that personally, it's a completely option system that has zero effect on gameplay, that is literally -only- for people that want the color setups.

The only real drawback is, it may open a flood-gate of, "WHAT ELSE CAN WE MAKE SUB FEE'S?!" But, so long as they keep it to stuff like this, where they have the option of dyes elsewhere, it's taking zero away from the game in total and instead lets people fund the dev's for a completely optional feature, it seems pretty win/win.

I definitely wouldn't do it or even get near it, but if people wanted to then power to 'em.  However, the "What else can we make sub fees?!" thing is actually a pretty big concern, we might be staring down the barrel of a potential cash-grab future.

Part of the issue though, is that people are really pushing for stuff like dyes as permanent unlocks and stuff like that.  This kinda takes that idea and throws it on the ground and says "Only if you give us money, but once it runs out your dyes are gone so you have to keep paying for it if you want your colors.".

Posted

Initially I don't see them being this stupid. Once the game goes F2P a year after its release then yes.

Posted (edited)

it's a great idea that does not violate any of the "core values" that in general the community seems to share, it offers income to the publisher and to object to it without constructive ideas that suggest other legit incomes is pretty lame..  it's a cosmetic subscription - why not??   having the ability to use some cool dyes and customize my gear as often as i like with colors available only thru a sub??    How is that going to affect game play??  if you don't like it - don't buy it

edit: in fact it is kind of a cool idea - i could think of a configure your own subscription and pay as much as you want a month type thing..  i want this on my subscrption, that, this and that..   everything on that subscription is also available as a one time purchase option as well..  it's jut a creative idea for revenue.. not bad - good constructive thought

Edited by bdo77

Posted

I definitely wouldn't do it or even get near it, but if people wanted to then power to 'em.  However, the "What else can we make sub fees?!" thing is actually a pretty big concern, we might be staring down the barrel of a potential cash-grab future.

Part of the issue though, is that people are really pushing for stuff like dyes as permanent unlocks and stuff like that.  This kinda takes that idea and throws it on the ground and says "Only if you give us money, but once it runs out your dyes are gone so you have to keep paying for it if you want your colors.".

It wouldn't take dyes out of the game though, it'd just give you a system that if you wanted to not play Dye Roulette, you didn't have to. And I get the whole sub-fee thing, but that's trusting the dev's. If these dev's understand the community and understand not to turn the game P2W and only implement smart features, that you don't HAVE TO buy, but can. Having a sub fee for dyes for example, does not take them out for everyone else. You are still more then welcome to buy dyes the normal fashion, I'm sure.

I have to admit, I get dye addicted so this is something I'd get in a heartbeat. It'd save me money in the end.

1 person likes this

Posted

It wouldn't take dyes out of the game though, it'd just give you a system that if you wanted to not play Dye Roulette, you didn't have to. And I get the whole sub-fee thing, but that's trusting the dev's. If these dev's understand the community and understand not to turn the game P2W and only implement smart features, that you don't HAVE TO buy, but can. Having a sub fee for dyes for example, does not take them out for everyone else. You are still more then welcome to buy dyes the normal fashion, I'm sure.

I have to admit, I get dye addicted so this is something I'd get in a heartbeat. It'd save me money in the end.

So long as they don't limit content to these things, I'm all for it.

Like if I couldn't get some awesome furniture because it was tied to a subscription-only thing that I'd have to keep paying for to keep, I'd be heartbroken.

Posted

So long as they don't limit content to these things, I'm all for it.

Like if I couldn't get some awesome furniture because it was tied to a subscription-only thing that I'd have to keep paying for to keep, I'd be heartbroken.

No, they don't limit people to subscription based items. People are just taking it too far as usual.

There's currently 4 ways you can purchase dyes in Korea:

-buy random dyes for a cheap price (permanently unlocked)

-Pallets of Merv (subscription item that unlocks any normal dye for any item for 15/30 days)

- Buy them from the AH (35 mil for white/black dyes). However they already said you can't sell CS items so it's irrelevant. 

- Milleage Shop- 3 random dyes. You can only get this once.

I also received dyes/pallets of Merv from Christmas events in KR, that's unrelated tho.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why dont they allow us to make dyes?

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@superjojojo  no - i think that the op meant to have some kind of cosmetic sub - It gives you access to premium items through a sub, OR through a normal purchase.. it does nothing other than offer the publisher another way of selling the same premium items just in a different way.. pretty much that simple.

that being said, i might want to pay a small monthly fee for access to a hair stylist rather than just buying a single character customization ticket, or perhaps i would like to buy in addition to the hairstylist sub option, access to a makeup person too.. lol or a fitness trainer!! or any combination of the three  - it takes  nothing away and adds options for the pubisher..   that's actually kind of cool

Edited by bdo77
1 person likes this

Posted

Why stop there though? Why can't we have the Premium subscription from Korea for 50% exp?