• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Premium Dye Subscription

Premium Dye Subscription   155 votes

1. 1. Would you like a Premium Dye Subscription?

• Yeah, sure, why not?
    • I'd rather not.
    • I'm indifferent.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

94 posts in this topic

Posted

I wouldn't know would I? Was against it since the start. It was a statement made by Daum themselves that it might happen.

Back to topic after being derailed by trolls: This is only an option for cosmetics for those who want access to any temporary dyes as long as they pay for it. Doesn't impact gameplay, it's just for aesthetics.

People can still permanently unlock random dyes for a cheap price after paying for it once.

Edit: Propose a good system to obtain dyes in-game and everyone will support it. That's not the point of this topic.

Seems like anyone not agreeing with you is a troll?

I guess when something is too smart for you to understand you categorize it as troll or stupid.
Maybe u should think about long term? and not just mimimi i want my dyes no matter what :'(

The fact that people don't give u a good system as replacement doesn't allow you to glorify the flawed one from KR.

if u think that allowing that kind of stuff in EU/NA versions is worth taking the risk, "just" for easier dyes, that's all up to you.
Don't cry after if the game goes to shit because u can't see further than the tip of your nose.

Don't call people trolls just because u don't have what i takes to understand their point of view.

I don't really care about dyes. But i care about that game staying healthy. you're giving a signal that they can make us pay too much for anything.

if you are so concerned about getting your dyes just try to make ur brain work, tough for you i know but  who knows? Try to come up with something interesting instead of using the bad designed subscription method. Just the usual spoiled child "idc about consequences as long as i have my dyes".

1 person likes this

Posted

I think you're all assuming that a subscription would be outrageously expensive like $15 a month. 

I wouldnt mind a mini sub for like $4-$5 a month for something like this.  But the overall message of shutting down this proposal, and the only reasonable argument against it; it opens up the desire to pay sub on even more stuff.  

image.thumb.gif.b6162490a230f0ca368da6d0

1 person likes this

Posted

This is where I am getting worried with this game. We knew that Energy pots was monetized on the KR version, but people tried to act like it wasnt a possibility. Thankfully the Devs had to respond and that will not be in the NA/EU version.
The game is not released yet and now you are talking about a monetized Dye system from a monthly sub base? The game is already Buy to Play. Dyes should be part of the game. I get special dyes like glittery effects, glosses and cosmic variants, but a premium dye subscription. Really?

3 people like this

Posted

No, they don't limit people to subscription based items. People are just taking it too far as usual.

There's currently 4 ways you can purchase dyes in Korea:

-buy random dyes for a cheap price (permanently unlocked)

-Pallets of Merv (subscription item that unlocks any normal dye for any item for 15/30 days)

- Buy them from the AH (35 mil for white/black dyes). However they already said you can't sell CS items so it's irrelevant. 

- Milleage Shop- 3 random dyes. You can only get this once.

I also received dyes/pallets of Merv from Christmas events in KR, that's unrelated tho.

I hope we see more options like this in NA, it only be fair. I like the idea of random dye with permanent unlock.

I would be all for Pallets of Merv if it was reasonably priced and bleach was not needed. I mean honestly what is the point of a paid dye subscription if you can't dye however much you want for the fee you already paid? Isn't it bad enough the dye goes away when the sub ends?

Bleach should only be for if you want to return to the default color of the equipment.

It's a shame because in games with random dye (like Mabinogi) I just save up in game and buy fixed dye I want off other players, and sell the colors I got that did not want. Everyone wins this way.

Dye should definitely be in the Milleage shop.

Why dont they allow us to make dyes?

If only! How about let us make or purchase some dyes in game and have some "premium" colors in the cash show (not random of course)?

My biggest problem is the random dyes. It's nice to see Korean version has alternatives to the random dye boxes, lets hope NA follows suit!

1 person likes this

Posted

No thanks. Subscription is just another option alongside to the standard way of purchasing random dyes.

People should be allowed to chose which way they want to support Daum, unless they want to introduce them ingame  through the crafting system or whatever else, but that's not the point of this topic is it now.

So you are okay with a Subscription on dyes, but not the sub on the game itself?

The problem is not the option of being able to purchase Premium Dyes. No you shouldn't have to wait for RNGesus if you do not want to for cosmetics, but that doesnt mean I should have to Sub to avoid RNGesus. That should exist like it does in almost every MMO. The problem is a subscription based dye purchase system. The game in the KR version is Free to Play. We are purchasing this game here in a Buy to Play system. If it were F2P and the cash shop was how they were generating revenue I could see the Sub system being pushed in order to sustain the game.

I think you are either trolling or being obtuse given you seem to be ok with sub for Dyes, but not a sub for the game. The sub for the dye is as much as people pay for sub for a game.

2 people like this

Posted

So you are okay with a Subscription on dyes, but not the sub on the game itself?
The problem is not the option of being able to purchase Premium Dyes. No you shouldn't have to wait for RNGesus if you do not want to for cosmetics, but that doesnt mean I should have to Sub to avoid RNGesus. That should exist like it does in almost every MMO. The problem is a subscription based dye purchase system. The game in the KR version is Free to Play. We are purchasing this game here in a Buy to Play system. If it were F2P and the cash shop was how they were generating revenue I could see the Sub system being pushed in order to sustain the game.

I think you are either trolling or being obtuse given you seem to be ok with sub for Dyes, but not a sub for the game. The sub for the dye is as much as people pay for sub for a game.

Indeed.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can play a monthly sub game for less than what it costs to sub for the dyes for the same duration. The value where it stands is not equal to the cost.

The dye system needs to be changed in some shape or form. A sub isn't the way to go about it. At least as a wise consumer I can say this and I am sure I am not alone on how I value my investments. No part of anything they've introduced VIA dye is worth purchasing atm unless you A. Want to get stuck to that sub forever. or B. Love being screwed over by RNG and endlessly buying dyes just to get a pair of the same color.

Yeah everything is desturbingly expensive in Korean version, lets pray dye and everything else is much (MUCH) more reasonable in our version.

My biggest problem with Dye Sub (other then having to use bleach) is that it seems it lasts for 15-30 days, but is that actual days you PLAY or just countdown from time of purchase? This was a huge problem for me when I subbed to FFXIV, I was paying monthly and felt like every day I did not play I was flushing money away on nothing.

" No part of anything they've introduced VIA dye is worth purchasing atm unless you A. Want to get stuck to that sub forever. or B. Love being screwed over by RNG and endlessly buying dyes just to get a pair of the same color." <THIS! could not of said it better myself! I feel like at the moment we are going to get screwed if we want dye.

I'd love to see this depending on the price honestly.

After playing so much Mabi after so many years, I'm really tired of RNG based outfit coloring. Getting the right fixed dye was either expensive or frustrating, and using random dyes always spewed out the worst colors and create many wasteful attempts.

If it's cosmetic and cheap (since I've already bought the game) than I wouldn't mind paying a few dollars a month to avoid the madness of dying my clothing. Subscriptions in a B2P are fine in my book as long as it's optional, doesn't 'block' content, and is something you can obtain normally. This just happens to fit that.

Dyeing in Mabinogi was so frustrating, especially since  random dyes had colors fixed dye did not. talk about a nightmare to try and get the color you wanted, much less matching color to the rest of your gear! I definitely feel having random dye boxes in a B2P game is a real stupid move on their part, like really? What next, buy to play, Monthly sub, cash shop AND pay for expansions? That's how FFXIV is now -_-

Can we all look at Guild Wars 2 and realize how Dyes are permanent and there are no subscriptions available. Either you're F2P or you pay for the game to actually experience the game, As much as I love BDO we have to realize it has to compete with BIG Buy-to-play games like Guild Wars 2. You take a page from a company that still has people buying from it's cash shop and learn from it, you don't need Subscriptions in a game to generate money.

I have never played Guild Wars 2, but I watched a youtube video once about the dye system and also the Vanity system. So good! Why can't every game be like that?? Not just MMO's... like every game.

Posted

I must be retarded.  Does RNG not stand for Random Number Generation?  And if it does, what does it have to do with cash shop?

Posted

I must be retarded.

Posted

I must be retarded.  Does RNG not stand for Random Number Generation?  And if it does, what does it have to do with cash shop?

If i remember correctly you started playing not long ago, so u didn't get the dye events and stuff.

So it's just that when u buy dyes pack, u have a certain amount of dyes(idk how much i'm not into dyes at all), chosen randomly. (wich is very bad too).
Thats the RNG part, if u want a certain dye u need to be lucky or buy a lot of packs

Posted

If i remember correctly you started playing not long ago, so u didn't get the dye events and stuff.

So it's just that when u buy dyes pack, u have a certain amount of dyes(idk how much i'm not into dyes at all), chosen randomly. (wich is very bad too).
Thats the RNG part, if u want a certain dye u need to be lucky or buy a lot of packs

ah, that makes more sense. RNG system on the dye pack.  

Yeah I guess I'd rather just buy one on the marketplace/auction.  Unless it's like 30mill for a single dye kit.  I just rather rack off and deal with default colors or take my chances and use whichever looks better?  

Suppose there isn't a way to preview a dye before using it?

Posted

I am really wondering now if NA random dyes are one time use or permanent unlocks like in Korean version?

Posted

Daum EU's whole goal was to make a non-B2W game, but make the non-B2W items their cashflow. Dye is a cosmetic item, which means it is free game for them to have whatever pay to have model they want. Pallets of Merv from the AH is, in a sense, a form of renewable subscription integrated into the system they have. 

To ask them for an in-game way to craft your own dye would be sweet, but lets be real, it goes against their whole cashflow model, which I am totally cool about because it makes the game not P2W.

Posted

Daum EU's whole goal was to make a non-B2W game, but make the non-B2W items their cashflow. Dye is a cosmetic item, which means it is free game for them to have whatever pay to have model they want. Pallets of Merv from the AH is, in a sense, a form of renewable subscription integrated into the system they have. 

To ask them for an in-game way to craft your own dye would be sweet, but lets be real, it goes against their whole cashflow model, which I am totally cool about because it makes the game not P2W.

Being in love with Ames doesn't mean that u must shut your brain off to agree with her for no reason.

This has never been about "is it pay to win or just cosmetics". It's about the message, and the path we would allow them to take.

I'm not sure how you can debate that renewable dyes subscription is not a nonsense. The model itself is already flawed (and i don't say the random dyes aren't, it's bad too).

As i said, if you are so interested in having your dyes, don't support shitty concepts. Try to find something that could make sense for both sides.
I totaly understand that they need to make money somehow, but that way to make money is just bad, and people promoting it should feel bad.

I'm just concerned by the fact that those kind of answer might legitimate this pattern of nonsense subscriptions. And people should think about the possible consequences before posting, and especially being arrogant when they obviously didn't spend more then 5 mins thinking about the matter.

Posted

Y so mad?

It's a good concept to make money off of cosmetics rather than affecting gameplay and balance, therefore, their developed solution is not a bad one, per say. Could it be a bit better? Yeah, never said it was perfect :P

Posted (edited)

Y so mad?

It's a good concept to make money off of cosmetics rather than affecting gameplay and balance, therefore, their developed solution is not a bad one, per say. Could it be a bit better? Yeah, never said it was perfect :P

i agree that making money off cosmetics is a good concept. A lot of game use it and do it well.
My problem is that the way they do it with the dyes is bad, and concerning for the future of this game.
While it might fit with the Korean cash flow model, it doesn't with Eu/Na's one.
I'm fine with paying for cosmetics, but not bad concepts from other regions.

Still not sure u really understand that the main concern is that it opens up the door to other abuses.

Edited by Lyano

Posted (edited)

They don't get money from dyes from me atleast with dyes the way they are now, pls add dyes purchasable in the shop and make them added to palette so i can use them as much as i want.

For those saying they need me to buy more dyes, add new colors that i can buy, simple as that.

Edited by NightShade

Posted

Is this for NA/EU too or only KR servers?

Posted

We're probably going to get those Premium Pallets (Pallets of Merv?) too, there's not really any reason to leave them out. 

Posted

I love to accessorize my characters so my credit card is flinching LOL.

Posted (edited)

Hmm... This is a tough one. I think they may keep it cash shop only since its an accessory.

Although they might make it so it can be sold on AH

Edited by Max

Posted

Hmm... This is a tough one. I think they may keep it cash shop only since its an accessory.

Although they might make it so it can be sold on AH

• Cash Shop items will not be possible to sell on the marketplace at launch phase

Posted

Is this for NA/EU too or only KR servers?

Topics merged

Posted

50 people that have no idea what the OP is talking about I guess, or just, incredibly stupid....I don't do RNG with real money, sorry, that is for the small minds.  

"A fool and his money will soon be parted." publishers and devs thank the mass majority of idiots daily.  

"Hi, I voted no, cause i'd rather spend $200 dollars on random dye boxes to make my costume/outfit look like I want."  can we track down these 50 people and wipe out their entire genetic line just to make sure it don't spread for the sake of the human species?  we no longer need them to survive on this planet as we have a large and ever growing population.  this would serve 2 purposes, population control and ensure our species evolves in a better direction. 

Posted

I guess it's a good idea just if the price of the sub become something ridiculously low in price (2-3€ for example) and that dye stay on your costume after it expire (cmon otherwise is just ridiculous).

Or also the idea of a "dye costume voucher" is pretty amazing tho... With a good price you buy the ticked dye your costume however you want and than gg. 

Another idea can be just give us the opportunity of dye our costume when we buy it and than if you want to change you pay.