• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

gear keep us permanently under geared or limited

453 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

this is a somewhat odd idea for an mmo. but this bring me to my most nostalgic and fondest memories of any MMO.

just to know fair well... it was runescape. but its no longer any good due to the changes they have made.

there used to be a certain area meant for you to pretty much get max combat and gear dropped there was at best for level 75. then they made levels go up considerably over a few years...teams went from lv75 gear of 4-7 to teams on 1-3 with gear set at lv 80,85,90 or have more features that could basically be bought or get lucky and put your money into something to make you stronger... this only gave powerful people more power.

please keep us limited to +15. its an attainable feature that doesnt get ridiculous and outrageously game changing. sure being +10 levels over a certain areas content you will 1 hit everything. but if we have limitations to what we do alone. it will only bring us together, like say for instance, a dungeon or raid? 

lets assume someone get lucky somehow and does get a +20 like others have complained about with 10 or so tries

then assume over 50-100 tries another person is only at +16 because the game has not been fortunate.

this creates a real unbalance. elitism. and takes away from the MMO aspect of the game(the part im most concerned about)

this limits pvpers to be equally challenged in a fight as anyone who focuses on pve. the only difference will be SKILL(skill dependent game unless below geared) 

there are also people that want to benefit more from their loyalty and dedication, they do need something rewarded to them but item levels are not a way to go. 

maybe give them a special title or trophy for housing. or better yet how about a very rare costume with high requirements to acquire this will show prestige, but not break combat stats.

TL;DR

keep gear low and balanced

keeps the game underleveled to allow more parties to be formed and for no elites/ niche teams from gear

skill is important.

make us acquire something else than a +20...its to OP, and WAY TOO random to acquire

less 1 hit kill griefers(like +20 rangers in KR)

please no one troll this thought or my way of thinking. i just like the idea and thought id share the concept of maintaining difficulty at all levels and to not force, but benefit parties and such 

Edited by CatEarHero
14 people like this

Posted

That 1 Ranger you saw in a video is surely a problem. That guy will obviously following you 24/7, especially as it'll be more difficult for us to get high enhancement on our gear.

Posted

We are only getting up to +15. That has already been confirmed.

Posted

we are confirmed to never get +20 though?

Posted (edited)

And what about when we get Mediah? We have no idea what happens with that update. For all l know there have been no announcements pointing in a change of enchant system that comes along with Mediah.

BUT problem is not enchant beyond 15+; it is the huge jumps in stats that make player skills obsolete in PvP.

A very hard to reach top SHOULD exist in game, but definitely not with the stats scaling we have here.

lf they make +20 %15 stronger than +15, people will still try to get that +%3 advantage per enchant level. Go check market for Path of Exile. ltems with perfect stat rolls costs many times more than the base unique item. Stat difference is minimal but people crave and aim for perfect stats. Dont know how many +20 gems l ruined trying to corrupt them to 21. That is our nature ;)

Edited by Mynban
9 people like this

Posted

lf they make +20 %15 stronger than +15, people will still try to get that +%3 advantage per enchant level.

Are you aware that +18 to +20 was buffed afterwards because no one was going for it? It was too weak compared to the silver you paid, hardly anyone was going for it.

That is also the reason why I doubt PA will nerf it again, not like there is a underlying problem below all this >+16 enhancement talk.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Are you aware that +18 to +20 was buffed afterwards because no one was going for it? It was too weak compared to the silver you paid, hardly anyone was going for it.

That is also the reason why I doubt PA will nerf it again, not like there is a underlying problem below all this >+16 enhancement talk.

l made sense when they buffed it in KR where they sell Cash Shop items for enchanting. So company expected to make more money by design. And in those F2P servers $ is directly exchangeable with silver through auction. So people evaluated it by its real $ worth and thats what stopped them from enchanting further.

Our version wont have P2W items, neither Cash Shop -> silver via Auction. Here items/costs wont be evaluated by $, they will be evaluated by effort. And when most people reach +17/18, people will strive to go beyond that no matter how small the bonus is.

Edited by Mynban
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

limiting the gear to +15 will kill the games longevity. Seriously what's the point of grinding if you're full +15 which you can get in like about 1-2 week of playing.

We will have a limit of +15 until media patch. Which is 3 to 6 months. By then you'll probably quit anyways. 

Also if it's only a small % stronger for +15 vs +20 not many people would do it. If you played GW2 you would know. 80% or more of my guild 200+ people didn't bother getting the upgraded set because it was 5% stronger for 500 times the price.

Edited by Jumanji
2 people like this

Posted

limiting the gear to +15 will kill the games longevity. Seriously what's the point of grinding if you're full +15 which you can get in like about 1-2 week of playing.

We will have a limit of +15 until media patch. Which is 3 to 6 months. By then you'll probably quit anyways. 

no, what will make me quit is a game like vindictus in which its nearly impossible to get a maxed out piece of gear.

i want to see a game that is not easy, nor luck related. with the exception of some drops... but drops is about it blank gear<+15 what you got<+15 new gear

and i dont want to see content come and go... i hate having the most fun things, and original too become 5 minute runs when they used to be 45 minutes or even an hr

2 people like this

Posted

+20 is not hard. They can scale the difference, but a 2% chance is a get.

Posted

everyone taking that ranger as an example is whats wrong with people these days..
that ranger is a TOP RANKED PLAYER.. he/she aint some noob that just started the game 2 days ago..

people need to get over it

1 person likes this

Posted

+20 is not hard. They can scale the difference, but a 2% chance is a get.

+20 isnt hard...? steparu has videos of her blowing 200m+ i think she has done more than 1b+ worth and still not achieved what she wants

Posted

+20 isnt hard ROFL i just tried enchanting my rednose armor took a 33 stack for a 12-13 imagine what you need for a 20

Posted

+20 isnt hard ROFL i just tried enchanting my rednose armor took a 33 stack for a 12-13 imagine what you need for a 20

What charts are you using theres no reason to have a fail stack that big for a 12-13

Posted

everyone taking that ranger as an example is whats wrong with people these days..
that ranger is a TOP RANKED PLAYER.. he/she aint some noob that just started the game 2 days ago..

people need to get over it

look it up. its ranger 1 vs 50.

she ganked ppl in pvp. im going by what i see. but i would totally quit this game if that ever happened to me if it takes 20+ hrs to get 10% exp and idiots come by and ruin that progress without having even a fight

Posted

That ranger is lv 60 aka theyve been playing about a year to reach that level they probably have maxed out boss gear, kzarka bow and awesome enchanted jewelry SHOTGWON aint no punk they can do that because they're good.

1 person likes this

Posted

+20 isnt hard...? steparu has videos of her blowing 200m+ i think she has done more than 1b+ worth and still not achieved what she wants

I don't want to be rude, but if your source of information is youtuber and streams, please try to get some time in before making suggestions to change the game. 200 million is nothing. You can drop 45 million for 1 pet.

4 people like this

Posted

I don't want to be rude, but if your source of information is youtuber and streams, please try to get some time in before making suggestions to change the game. 200 million is nothing. You can drop 45 million for 1 pet.

but this isnt kr or ru. so no you cant. and i just want to express my opinion about what would hurt a lot of the community. not everyone wants to be a victim to an insta kill like that. 

Posted (edited)

I've personally had a 100 mil worth life stone degrade down into something worth 5 mil.... its painful ican't imagine blowing up a billion worth of something LIKE SOME people trying for  a plused up ogre ring. You also have to remember that in korea pvp doesn't cause exp loss.

Edited by Darkleaf84

Posted (edited)

she ganked ppl in pvp. im going by what i see. but i would totally quit this game if that ever happened to me if it takes 20+ hrs to get 10% exp and idiots come by and ruin that progress without having even a fight

That ranger is attacking casuals that are under geared. If they knew what they were doing, they wouldn't have continued fighting the dragon and killed him. This is another example of why you can't trust youtube and twitch. The cases you most often see are exaggerations. Why? because that's what gets views. I know there is a lot to take in, but other than slight gear scaling problems. There is nothing wrong with this issue.

but this isnt kr or ru. so no you cant. and i just want to express my opinion about what would hurt a lot of the community. not everyone wants to be a victim to an insta kill like that. 

Your reference material is what I'm referring to. All you've posted about is referencing KR or RU. There it takes that amount. I'm aware the prices may be different for NA, but that doesn't mean the farming rates will change.

I've personally had a 100 mil worth life stone degrade down into something worth 5 mil.... its painful ican't imagine blowing up a billion worth of something LIKE SOME people trying for  a plused up ogre ring. You also have to remember that in korea pvp doesn't cause exp loss.

Yeah. It hurts when you have a major failure for sure, but the risk and reward are what makes it worth while. 

Edited by Thinker
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Oh look someone that doesn't know the situation in the youtube video in question is trying to use it as base for his arguments.

Edited by Catherine
2 people like this

Posted

Oh look someone that doesn't know the situation in the youtube video in question is trying to use it as base for his arguments.

Like that guy who said the karma wouldn't stop a  "true PKer" and used that same video. I lol'd. 

Posted (edited)

Everyone seems to be arguing about the value of +15.

They didn't tell us how long it would take to get to that. Nobody knows what the final bonus would be equal to in the NA build. So until anyone knows what the bonuses actually equal when added to your base stats from the new +1 to +15 model, all this discussion is a little pointless.

Edited by LordOnichan

Posted

people are just bored and online too much. They want to talk about the game, but more often than not want to argue a point. I just wish more people had more hands on time with the game before commenting.

2 people like this

Posted

Also it is important to remember ACCURACY. A few level difference (heck just one level after 56) will mean you miss significantly more and your CC is ignored with immunity.

l really despise that in a game with no level cap.

2 people like this