• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

gear keep us permanently under geared or limited

453 posts in this topic

Posted

super high stats arent necessary. If you can do it equal level vs someone equal level but they fail. 

Thts called skill.

If you win and they lose, butyou have btter stats, that is not skill.

Only flaw here is even with a gear focus system, if someone is on par with gear(Which if they have it, they probably deserve it as opposed to just having it handed to them), then stats will be on par with the other person on par with them, and etc.

My system simply awards those who work harder than those who are asking for bleeding handouts.

If a player doesn't even have enough skill to at least get the GEAR? Then it should stop there until they can at least do that.
It's literally exactly what you're asking for except with another level of progression.
One that requires other skills people don't WANT to use in order to be overall masterful of ones character/account/whatever.

This helps too though.
Though this will happen either way;
with your method, when I crap on kids in the same gear on me, they will go complain about that as opposed to me having "broken gear". Same case.
So with it going to happen either way because people and their laziness and profit off of no work reigns prevalent, i'd rather not have a game that leaves out other interesting factors that account into progression and my overall elitism.

At some point Gear power will get out of hand.

Then focus on that. Not the lazy way of killing off progression for those who enjoy it.
That's like the people saying there shouldn't be trading because of gold spammers.

Laziness yo.

Anywho. I have a 2 hour commute home. I'll pick up on this after my fat ass is well seated in my computer chair.

a nice example is te final fantasy series

Skill, you can beat the gams 100% at minimal gear and level.

In the same way... i see sill as being t overcome overwhelming odds, not gettinh a near gurantee.

I prefer ESO.
going into dungeons 9093 levels higher and shitting on them. But even in that game, gear works pretty well.

There are some problems i'm leaving out of it of course but I'll touch on those later.

Posted

Only flaw here is even with a gear focus system, if someone is on par with gear(Which if they have it, they probably deserve it as opposed to just having it handed to them), then stats will be on par with the other person on par with them, and etc.

My system simply awards those who work harder than those who are asking for bleeding handouts.

If a player doesn't even have enough skill to at least get the GEAR? Then it should stop there until they can at least do that.
It's literally exactly what you're asking for except with another level of progression.
One that requires other skills people don't WANT to use in order to be overall masterful of ones character/account/whatever.

This helps too though.
Though this will happen either way;
with your method, when I crap on kids in the same gear on me, they will go complain about that as opposed to me having "broken gear". Same case.
So with it going to happen either way because people and their laziness and profit off of no work reigns prevalent, i'd rather not have a game that leaves out other interesting factors that account into progression and my overall elitism.

Then focus on that. Not the lazy way of killing off progression for those who enjoy it.That's like the people saying there shouldn't be trading because of gold spammers.

Laziness yo.

Anywho. I have a 2 hour commute home. I'll pick up on this after my fat ass is well seated in my computer chair.

I prefer ESO.going into dungeons 9093 levels higher and shitting on them. But even in that game, gear works pretty well.

There are some problems i'm leaving out of it of course but I'll touch on those later.

You've basically just came out and said it.  Thanks for being honest.  As for "lazy" I keep hearing so called or self prescribed "Hardcore gamers" saying this in reference to "casual gamers"...  I don't think it means what you think it means.  Supporting a game system that promotes ACTUAL laziness, and equating time spent sitting on your "fat ass" clicking your mouse to "work" is laughable.   You do realize how retarded that sounds right?  You're looking for a game to give you the outlet that real life doesn't give you.  I recommend going outside and getting a real life.   You then might realize why the majority of gamers take a more casual approach to MMOs these days.  I don't want a second full time job.  This is a game.  It should be fun, not "work".  If BDO gives you that warm fuzzy feeling you're looking for, that's great.  It will be at the expense of its  long term potential. It will not last more than 6 months in the west before the servers are barren wastelands with hardly enough players to participate in sieges. The age of "hardcore" grind-tastic gear treadmills is over.  Deal with it.

Posted

TY.Agreed.

That's a subjective comment.It may for some, won't for all.

another thing i don't like about gear curved systems is that often they do become pay to win and who wants that crock?? YUCK..  if we make it mediocre difficult to get to max enchant and make it mediocre difficult to repair damaged gear - then you are always doing one or the other... not just one.     who wants to sit and chase gear curves all day?? not again plz!!  i don't want to play that game where i am constantly chasing the carrot and watch someone else whip out their card and say I WIN!   fricking pavolv's dawgs mmo  - sorry i'm done drooling

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You've basically just came out and said it.  Thanks for being honest.  As for "lazy" I keep hearing so called or self prescribed "Hardcore gamers" saying this in reference to "casual gamers"...  I don't think it means what you think it means.  Supporting a game system that promotes ACTUAL laziness, and equating time spent sitting on your "fat ass" clicking your mouse to "work" is laughable.   You do realize how retarded that sounds right?  You're looking for a game to give you the outlet that real life doesn't give you.  I recommend going outside and getting a real life.   You then might realize why the majority of gamers take a more casual approach to MMOs these days.  I don't want a second full time job.  This is a game.  It should be fun, not "work".  If BDO gives you that warm fuzzy feeling you're looking for, that's great.  It will be at the expense of its  long term potential. It will not last more than 6 months in the west before the servers are barren wastelands with hardly enough players to participate in sieges. The age of "hardcore" grind-tastic gear treadmills is over.  Deal with it.

Er, Half assing a solution for a problem is lazy.
I'm not calling all casuals lazy. I probably should  have been a bit more elaborate, forgot who I was talking to for a second. Apologies.

On a side note, don't know if I've hurt your feelings? Or.. But all the personal crap doesn't really phase me brother. You don't know me, insolent child. Anyways.
If you don't want it, don't do it.
If you can't handle it, get better or give up.
If you're a noob, fix that shit or continue being a noob.

Why should us who love gaming have to be watered down by people who quit games in 3-4 years, and don't even take it seriously?
Go play in your real life.
Stop trying to ----- with our "Fake" one.

Doesn't even make sense. "Real life". What kind of ignorant childspeak haha.

Look man if you're going to debate with me please, keep it at least half as intellectual as I am, which probably isn't even much.
But saying stuff like that makes me not want to take you seriously at all.

Then again, you are a casual gamer.
Generally you people don't take anything seriously.
Too focused on this "real life" notion to accept the fact that you can have fun without having to suffer.
Whatever though man. As you said in the post before, i'm not here to talk philosophy. I'm here to state my point and explain to you why yours sucks.

If you'd like to stop, we can.

The age of "hardcore" grind-tastic gear treadmills is over.  Deal with it.

5165573.jpg

lel.

Even in your casual games, Hard core gamers and Elitists will stomp and outplay you.
Doesn't matter where you go buddy. Your "real life" your "fake life" your whatever.
Either way. My system, which you clearly know nothing about. I mean, i never did explain it, that or you didn't really read into it... Didn't exactly explain using grinding as a method to get amazing gear. But okay bud. Whatever you say haha.

NO HANDOUTS.
If you want your kill, earn it.
If you can't, learn how.
If you're unwilling, return to your "real life".

I've never seen you play. But I doubt someone like you deserves to be in the same gear as some of the other people who are going to play this game.
Why even wear the gear if you've no idea how to properly use it man.
Then you will come back here and cry about getting kicked from parties/dying to "op" classes.
Then more than likely they will water down the game with your tears
And THEN it will fall to crapstains.

This is a trend with you guys.

i need to share this with my friends lel

Edited by War
1 person likes this

Posted

you keep talking about earning stuff

but whats the point of earning a 5 minute dungeon run?

being undergeared(capped by the developers itself, forcing you to be skillful does not mean go running around +5 when you should have +15(which isnt blocked by low rates and reducing progression))

earning means it was a challenge. lets keep pvp and pve a challenge so we feel like we earned something instead of 1 shotting god mode

Posted

tumblr_lp0inqZG5u1qh9xdao1_r1_500.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

AKA, Take everything fun in the game and make it a system that doesn't work once everyone reaches this cap and just sits around bored.

Posted

Sounds like skill based pvp is at odds with what keeps people playing mmos. Skilled players want to compete evenly with each other not based on who can spend the most hours grinding easy mobs to RNG craft the best gear. But an mmo needs people to play a lot and keep coming back or it dies. Hence the advantage that goes to the player that plays more (or in a PtW game the player more willing to spend cash, see AA). 

So you either commit the hours and hours to keep up or you live with the fact that the other players that do will have an advantage. If there wasn't at advantage then no one would do it and the game dies. 

Personally they should have put the rewards for PvP within the PvP gameplay. Win a castle? Great you get access to X Y and Z while you hold it. I really see no reason to PvP in BDO. What are the rewards to doing it?  Players do things to feel rewarded. Some just want to fight to test their skills. I respect that but it gets old eventually as well. 

Give us a reason to PvP. 

Posted

Er, Half assing a solution for a problem is lazy.
I'm not calling all casuals lazy. I probably should  have been a bit more elaborate, forgot who I was talking to for a second. Apologies.

On a side note, don't know if I've hurt your feelings? Or.. But all the personal crap doesn't really phase me brother. You don't know me, insolent child. Anyways.
If you don't want it, don't do it.
If you can't handle it, get better or give up.
If you're a noob, fix that shit or continue being a noob.

Why should us who love gaming have to be watered down by people who quit games in 3-4 years, and don't even take it seriously?
Go play in your real life.
Stop trying to ----- with our "Fake" one.

Doesn't even make sense. "Real life". What kind of ignorant childspeak haha.

Look man if you're going to debate with me please, keep it at least half as intellectual as I am, which probably isn't even much.
But saying stuff like that makes me not want to take you seriously at all.

Then again, you are a casual gamer.
Generally you people don't take anything seriously.
Too focused on this "real life" notion to accept the fact that you can have fun without having to suffer.
Whatever though man. As you said in the post before, i'm not here to talk philosophy. I'm here to state my point and explain to you why yours sucks.

If you'd like to stop, we can.

5165573.jpg

lel.

Even in your casual games, Hard core gamers and Elitists will stomp and outplay you.
Doesn't matter where you go buddy. Your "real life" your "fake life" your whatever.
Either way. My system, which you clearly know nothing about. I mean, i never did explain it, that or you didn't really read into it... Didn't exactly explain using grinding as a method to get amazing gear. But okay bud. Whatever you say haha.

NO HANDOUTS.
If you want your kill, earn it.
If you can't, learn how.
If you're unwilling, return to your "real life".

I've never seen you play. But I doubt someone like you deserves to be in the same gear as some of the other people who are going to play this game.
Why even wear the gear if you've no idea how to properly use it man.
Then you will come back here and cry about getting kicked from parties/dying to "op" classes.
Then more than likely they will water down the game with your tears
And THEN it will fall to crapstains.

This is a trend with you guys.

i need to share this with my friends lel

You assume much about my gaming habits.  I like to explore mmos, but mainly ride with guild-mates and skirmish with enemies as often as possible between major events like sieges.   I was in arguably the most competitive PvP guild in AOC for years, despite how funcom shat on PvP in that game.  We all raided, and grinded for gear in that game when they made it OP about 4 months after release (when most of the PvP community left the game).  Still we carried on, and crushed out enemies.  Often outnumbered, and nearly always victorious, regardless of the situation.  We had very militaristic structure with very skilled and disciplined members.  We dominated our server.  Not by zerging, but by outplaying the competition.  Though gear was always an issue that forced us into PvE content when we'd rather be out making life difficult for enemy guilds. Anyway.  I am not saying gear should mean nothing.  I never have.  I simply advocate for a system that rewards those who "work hard" while still allowing for skilled players to hold their own, and even overcome lesser players with better equipment.  It's not the tool man, it's how you use it that should matter most.  Am I not reasonable?

Sounds like skill based pvp is at odds with what keeps people playing mmos. Skilled players want to compete evenly with each other not based on who can spend the most hours grinding easy mobs to RNG craft the best gear. But an mmo needs people to play a lot and keep coming back or it dies. Hence the advantage that goes to the player that plays more (or in a PtW game the player more willing to spend cash, see AA). 

So you either commit the hours and hours to keep up or you live with the fact that the other players that do will have an advantage. If there wasn't at advantage then no one would do it and the game dies. 

Personally they should have put the rewards for PvP within the PvP gameplay. Win a castle? Great you get access to X Y and Z while you hold it. I really see no reason to PvP in BDO. What are the rewards to doing it?  Players do things to feel rewarded. Some just want to fight to test their skills. I respect that but it gets old eventually as well. 

Give us a reason to PvP. 

100% skill based combat would destroy incentive for many players who can't self motivate.  Which is sadly a majority.  On the other end of the spectrum, if the game is too gear dependent, you will loose a large portion of the player base, as people really don't like being one-shot by players who have no job/kids/social life...  The thing is BDO is apparently trying to cater to both the PvP base, at the same time trying to get the attention of a PvE crowd...  2 communities who's ideals are mutually exclusive.  It's a very risky experiment.  Which I admire, but the way things are now, it doesn't look like either group will be satisfied for longer than a few months, aside from the people who really get off on grinding, (Not westerners, hint -----ing hint).   But yeah, if they can pull off a way to reward us for holding nodes, or give us access to equipment that's exclusive to castle ownership, that would be neato..  Really all I'm hoping for is the ability to "progress" my character doing what I enjoy in the game.  If it's not fun, it's not done. I don't have that kind of time anymore.  

AKA, Take everything fun in the game and make it a system that doesn't work once everyone reaches this cap and just sits around bored.

They currently do not have a level cap, so you can always keep leveling if you're REALLY jonesing for that edge.  What else are you -----ing about?  You think it's fun to grind mobs for weeks on end to afford the next tier of gear that will let you one shot people?  In that system, most of the dedicated PvPers will say "----- this garbage", while the few who remain will do their best to avoid PvP untill they have grinded for the best items..  which means you'll have a huge game world sparsely populated with mob farmers who wont waste time fighting.  The way it is now, any time spent in PvP will slow your "progression".   Idiotic design.  

Posted

Id rather see a community with limitations that works together SUCH AS but not exactly as ffxiv. They have limitations, work together, and cooperative community.

Dont take this as me saying i want to play ffxiv, because its tab targeting and holy trinity. I like neither of these features. I like OWPVEMMO, survival games, and crafting. 

My concerns mainly come from the pvp western community... they are the people that just want to ruin someones day and just have an underhanded fight(winning at any cost) 

In KR pvp is generally concensual and for sheer sport and fun. Not the same mentality as western, dont you agree? Thats a valid reason to have ONLY concensual pvp. Or limit what everyone is capable of. We could also ask if they can make a level sync, making gear sync to the victims gear if lower geared, or stay the same if higher. This would discourage rampant and unwanted pvp. 

Also classes start to lose scaling after +16. Tamer in particular. The beast either dies too easy from higher dmg, or doesnt do enough dmg, depending on the opponent

Also, please note this is not KR, or RU.

We need to think about the longevity of the game. If its pvp focused or abusable in pvp. Only the lucky few will stay. Sure dedication to long term play may help increase your odds, but odds are not a gurantee to be another persons luck.

My point is not to make things impossibly easy, or impossibly hard. But there needs to be a balance to things. 

Once again... this is not KR, or RU... we can speak to the devs before a release and show them our concern or even after release since it may be some time before that balance issue hits us. But lets nip the bud before it blooms and aim for a thriving playerbase AND fair game mechanics. 

Skill=/=luck 

Long term=/=luck

+15 vs +17=/= skill

Unwanted pvp =/= fair fight

Good community > pvp crazy people

This game isn't for you if that is what you are asking for. The game was made this way for a reason, you can't just come in and start expecting/demanding the changes you want that are completely opposite to what the game was originally intended to be. Just because you like the graphics doesn't mean you can come in here and start asking that everything be changed to suit your specific needs. If you don't like the way the game is then don't play it instead of requesting the main design of the game be changed. This isn't a PvE game made for carebear hugfest communities and it makes me extremely frustrated that many people such as yourself don't see that. I don't care if you want to come in and PvE all day without PvPing but don't go around asking that the game be changed to support that mentality instead of what the game was actually intended to be.

Posted

LOL ... With this kind of gear scaling it's actually the opposit of what u are stating. Even TERA with 2 steps of difference in gear enchant was more skilled base than this.

Try to change this game in better before it's late.

Posted

this is a somewhat odd idea for an mmo. but this bring me to my most nostalgic and fondest memories of any MMO.

just to know fair well... it was runescape. but its no longer any good due to the changes they have made.

there used to be a certain area meant for you to pretty much get max combat and gear dropped there was at best for level 75. then they made levels go up considerably over a few years...teams went from lv75 gear of 4-7 to teams on 1-3 with gear set at lv 80,85,90 or have more features that could basically be bought or get lucky and put your money into something to make you stronger... this only gave powerful people more power.

please keep us limited to +15. its an attainable feature that doesnt get ridiculous and outrageously game changing. sure being +10 levels over a certain areas content you will 1 hit everything. but if we have limitations to what we do alone. it will only bring us together, like say for instance, a dungeon or raid? 

lets assume someone get lucky somehow and does get a +20 like others have complained about with 10 or so tries

then assume over 50-100 tries another person is only at +16 because the game has not been fortunate.

this creates a real unbalance. elitism. and takes away from the MMO aspect of the game(the part im most concerned about)

this limits pvpers to be equally challenged in a fight as anyone who focuses on pve. the only difference will be SKILL(skill dependent game unless below geared) 

there are also people that want to benefit more from their loyalty and dedication, they do need something rewarded to them but item levels are not a way to go. 

maybe give them a special title or trophy for housing. or better yet how about a very rare costume with high requirements to acquire this will show prestige, but not break combat stats.

TL;DR

keep gear low and balanced

keeps the game underleveled to allow more parties to be formed and for no elites/ niche teams from gear

skill is important.

make us acquire something else than a +20...its to OP, and WAY TOO random to acquire

less 1 hit kill griefers(like +20 rangers in KR)

please no one troll this thought or my way of thinking. i just like the idea and thought id share the concept of maintaining difficulty at all levels and to not force, but benefit parties and such 

Not everyone wants to just pvp all day. We need end game progress in gear so it doesnt get boring.

Posted

Not everyone wants to just pvp all day. We need end game progress in gear so it doesnt get boring.

Just one question, why do you need so much gear progression after lvl 50 when you got level progression? 

Posted (edited)

We are not asking to not have gear progression, we are mainly asking to have much soft progression at higher level of enchant.

What's wrong with that ? 

If u stated that game is already ballanced u would still have no problem beating a +16 with a +18 right ? 

Edited by PreemptiveKernel

Posted

thanks for the post you made topic starter. Very relevant and agree to a certain extend. i do believe gear should have advantages but not as much.

Posted

I don't understand how people think the game is that hard to get gear in. Want to see my gear after only a month of playing pretty hardcore? 

2016-01-27_937518392[2171_-32_1208].JPG

Posted

They currently do not have a level cap, so you can always keep leveling if you're REALLY jonesing for that edge.  What else are you -----ing about?  You think it's fun to grind mobs for weeks on end to afford the next tier of gear that will let you one shot people?  In that system, most of the dedicated PvPers will say "----- this garbage", while the few who remain will do their best to avoid PvP untill they have grinded for the best items..  which means you'll have a huge game world sparsely populated with mob farmers who wont waste time fighting.  The way it is now, any time spent in PvP will slow your "progression".   Idiotic design.  

I do actually think it's more fun to play the game how it's meant to be played. If all there is to it, is OWPVP, this will be a tiny little niche game that the vast majority on NA leave. =P You just want it to be instant GvG/Siege, where gear upkeep doesn't matter. If you're leveling, you're grinding MOBS ANYWAYS as that's the ONLY WAY TO LEVEL. So your logic is so out of base it doesn't even make sense. You're trying to sound intelligent with it, when you openly wrote a giant flaw. "YOU CAN ALWAYS LEVEL!...but do you really want to spend time grinding those mobs? What a horrible design....BUT LEVEL!" -_- It's literally the samething. All the grinding and upkeep you do gives you mats to sell, to craft, etc, and gets you the ability to hone your gear. If all you're doing is grinding to level, that's insanely boring and most people will just leave. It needs to have benefits to keep the average player doing it. 

Posted

I don't understand how people think the game is that hard to get gear in. Want to see my gear after only a month of playing pretty hardcore? 

I believe they are whining about the difference between +15 and +20, and how great it is.
And because of this difference, they don't want the system so that they can get what they want quicker and easier.
Because they don't want to work to get +20.
Because they will probably get wrekt regardless of gear.
So they are trying to complain so they don't have to complain about "broken classes" so soon.
Even though they will end up doing that anyways.
Because this is how this works.

You assume much about my gaming habits.  I like to explore mmos, but mainly ride with guild-mates and skirmish with enemies as often as possible between major events like sieges.   I was in arguably the most competitive PvP guild in AOC for years, despite how funcom shat on PvP in that game.  We all raided, and grinded for gear in that game when they made it OP about 4 months after release (when most of the PvP community left the game).  Still we carried on, and crushed out enemies.  Often outnumbered, and nearly always victorious, regardless of the situation.  We had very militaristic structure with very skilled and disciplined members.  We dominated our server.  Not by zerging, but by outplaying the competition.  Though gear was always an issue that forced us into PvE content when we'd rather be out making life difficult for enemy guilds. Anyway.  I am not saying gear should mean nothing.  I never have.  I simply advocate for a system that rewards those who "work hard" while still allowing for skilled players to hold their own, and even overcome lesser players with better equipment.  It's not the tool man, it's how you use it that should matter most.  Am I not reasonable?

Cute. Anyways.
if you can't earn your +20, you don't deserve to have it.
If you can't earn your endgame pvp set, you don't deserve to wear it.
Regardless of what gear means, you'll still need skill.
Implementing gear progression simply 
amplifies the skill / requirements required to be at the top.
If you want to win you need to work for it, and if you're unwilling for whatever reason to work for it, that's your problem.
Done deal.

Posted

I wasn't around for a couple of days and look what happened.

And what does that prove? 15+ is literally nothing, you will get one-shot in majority of cases. For a lot of people a month of "hardcore" gaming is a lot, just to obtain something which can be considered only a base. Seriously, grinding mobs and silly world bosses isn't a skill, it's something everyone can do and will do.

It's incredibly amusing to see a bunch of people failing to understand why the current endgame enchancement progression is broken as hell; it's the same exact story like with the past PvE vs PvP discussion, where people are looking forward at a couple of nearest weeks/months at most and unable to see a bigger picture outside of it.

1 person likes this

Posted

I believe they are whining about the difference between +15 and +20, and how great it is.And because of this difference, they don't want the system so that they can get what they want quicker and easier.
Because they don't want to work to get +20.
Because they will probably get wrekt regardless of gear.
So they are trying to complain so they don't have to complain about "broken classes" so soon.
Even though they will end up doing that anyways.
Because this is how this works.

Nope, in every MMO I've played I've always tried to get the BiS gear and to "git gud" ... BDO will not be an exception.

We just want that someone who join the game could enjoy funniest stuffs without grinding 9 months to catch up a decent gear level. Cause gear level is not skill level. And it's rng.

This will not influence 24h grinders gameplay nor skilled players one. It's just a matter of overall ballance and stability of server population.

Posted (edited)

Seriously, grinding mobs and silly world bosses isn't a skill, it's something everyone can do and will do.

It helps mastery of class. Both PvP and PvE do, and to assume not to probably explains why you hate the current system so much lol.

It's incredibly amusing to see a bunch of people failing to understand why the current endgame enchancement progression is broken as hell; it's the same exact story like with the past PvE vs PvP discussion, where people are looking forward at a couple of nearest weeks/months at most and unable to see a bigger picture outside of it.

I'd expect and want it to be that way. Some will have +20. Not everyone should, because not everyone deserves it.
Hell, I may as well be one of those people who doesn't deserve it.
If you want your kill, work for it.
In all aspects. Not just the game.
If that's too "Hardcore" for you, because you don't "Want to treat the game like a second job", that's your problem. Not all of ours.
Some of us are simply here to state that.

Nope, in every MMO I've played I've always tried to get the BiS gear and to "git gud" ... BDO will not be an exception.

We just want that someone who join the game could enjoy funniest stuffs without grinding 9 months to catch up a decent gear level. Cause gear level is not skill level. And it's rng.

This will not influence 24h grinders gameplay nor skilled players one. It's just a matter of overall ballance and stability of server population.

I don't respond well to absolutes such as, but not limited to;
Every
All

Etc.

But anyhow. Good for you, if that's how you want to play, then play that way.
But why does this give you the right to crap on other people who want to do what you just said you do in Every MMO you've played.
Flawed logic man.

I'm sure you can find a way to enjoy the game with your friends without having bis gear.
As for the rest of us who actually enjoy being elite and killing each other on what should be an unfair battleground?
Allow us to do so.
Thanks.

When you're ready to join us, i'm sure you'll put on the big boy pants and do so again.

On a side note, This "funniest stuffs" you speak of is subjective. Everyone experiences it differently, and I don't know what you consider "funniest stuff(s)".

Edited by War

Posted

It helps mastery of class. Both PvP and PvE do.

I'd expect and want it to be that way. Some will have +20. Not everyone should, because not everyone deserves it.Hell, I may as well be one of those people who doesn't deserve it.
If you want your kill, work for it.
In all aspects. Not just the game.
If that's too "Hardcore" for you, because you don't "Want to treat the game like a second job", that's your problem. Not all of ours.
Some of us are simply here to state that.

Nothing hardcore with grinding mindless mobs , if that's what you think it's fine but it's not hardcore it's a time sink for getting something you want.

Timesinks is needed, i'm not arguing against that, but please remove the rng aspect so everyone get the same time to reach lvl 20 or atleast remove the level loss on failed attempts. 

And are you afraid that everyone get +20?

Posted (edited)

I don't respond well to absolutes such as, but not limited to;EveryAll
Etc.

But anyhow. Good for you, if that's how you want to play, then play that way.
But why does this give you the right to crap on other people who want to do what you just said you do in Every MMO you've played.
Flawed logic man.

I'm sure you can find a way to enjoy the game with your friends without having bis gear.
As for the rest of us who actually enjoy being elite and killing each other on what should be an unfair battleground?
Allow us to do so.
Thanks.

When you're ready to join us, i'm sure you'll put on the big boy pants and do so again.

You stated that all ppls that want this changes in gear scaling are lazy ppls, casual gamers etc.

I just wrote that for me it's not so. No need to be that arsh.

eDit: funniest stuff is not afk fishing, for sure. Only fun stuff for me is PvP, equalized or not, 1vs1, 3vs3, many vs many or PvP while contending a boss, like old times in Shaiya (really more gear based than this for sure) ... Bye 

Edited by PreemptiveKernel

Posted (edited)

You know. I remember back in the good ol' days.

Warrior kills Archer. Archer kills Mage. Mage kills Warrior.
Y'know.
Them Runescape days.

I see a lot of casual minded people(Not willing to take the depth of combat serious enough to look into it) that debunk this system because of their crappy concept of "Balance". Only to STILL get crapped on by players who spilled blood by the system I just mentioned.

Balance eh. Nah. I don't feel that be equal among classes or gear. Ever.
If there is a class you can't kill in an MMORPG, Get a buddy to kill that one, and you take out the one you can take out.
Or get good at killing the class you've got a disadvantage to.

Nothing hardcore with grinding mindless mobs , if that's what you think it's fine but it's not hardcore it's a time sink for getting something you want.

Timesinks is needed, i'm not arguing against that, but please remove the rng aspect so everyone get the same time to reach lvl 20 or at least remove the level loss on failed attempts. 

And are you afraid that everyone get +20?

I'm not afraid of it. I simply don't believe that those who don't deserve to be there, shouldn't be there. If they do deserve it then that is probably why they have it. Regardless of how they got it, they must deserve it, have done something to get it. Else they would not have it.

I am telling you people right now. The last thing you want is NORMALIZED not balanced, PvP.(As any type of gear/class/etc. can be "balanced".)
You're going to want that advantage you went out and grinned hard for.

Also I don't know what your definition of "hardcore gaming" is, but mine resides in what a player does. Not how much time they spend, but how much hard work they put into the core of the game, lol...

Are you afraid of having to start over if you fail your +19?

I will agree to some extent though. It can be annoying having to start over on a +whatever weapon.
But when you get that +20 man it's gonna feel good.
Better than having it and still getting wrekt by other +20s because you didn't spend your "timesink" or whatever, mastering your class on mobs and other players.

No matter what the Combat apparatus, Odin notices.

You stated that all ppls that want this changes in gear scaling are lazy ppls, casual gamers etc.

I just wrote that for me it's not so. No need to be that arsh.

I'm sorry, I don't recall, or even know why I'd say something like that. Let me reiterate, assuming that that is exactly what I sai; what I would have meant to explain is that "more often than not / generally / usuallyLazy people, Casuals, "etc." Want changes like this.

Only a Sith, deals in Absolutes.

Edited by War

Posted

This game isn't for you if that is what you are asking for. The game was made this way for a reason, you can't just come in and start expecting/demanding the changes you want that are completely opposite to what the game was originally intended to be. Just because you like the graphics doesn't mean you can come in here and start asking that everything be changed to suit your specific needs. If you don't like the way the game is then don't play it instead of requesting the main design of the game be changed. This isn't a PvE game made for carebear hugfest communities and it makes me extremely frustrated that many people such as yourself don't see that. I don't care if you want to come in and PvE all day without PvPing but don't go around asking that the game be changed to support that mentality instead of what the game was actually intended to be.

are you kidding?

originally intended for?

+20 came out AFTER original release

MMO's are meant to have big communities and player base

if its not an mmo, might of made it a pvp lobby

and long term =/= luck =/= skill

if people are so proud of assuming they will hardcore it for a year and be level 60 then thats one thing. they EARNED level 60

but if youre level 60 pvping a 55, whats the point of your skill? i dont see any. but if that 55 beats the 60. then the 55 is very skilled indeed

and why does everyone keep insulting my ideals?

i said in the original post to not flame or insult! cmon!