• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ents costume and PvP

209 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm surprised really that there's plenty of people whining about the very small bonuses like 10% experience given by the cash shop costumes but almost everyone seems fine with the Ents costume? I've barely seen anyone mention it so far.

Untitled.thumb.png.658bb908279adc6adf816

For those that don't know, the 4 pieces set bonus will hide your tag permanently while wearing the costume; basically a permanent semi-stealth. There's a reason with so many people uses it in other versions of the game.. because it gives you a big advantage in PvP.

Should it be removed for our version?

3 people like this

Posted

i as well see this as a huge advantage. but who will buy it if its removed? does this mean we get it with nothing and earn one with the effect instead of buying?

how can they get around this? just kill the item?

Posted

I actually want to try this. never got the chance to wear it in KR.

it has pros and cons. heck if people worry so much about being ganked why not wear it? no one knows your even there..

giphy.gif

but no one really pay's attention to there surroundings even with the costume hiding some one..

if you cant see a player coming at you with there name tag, who's going to see a big glowing bush coming at you with one?

Posted (edited)

but no one really pay's attention to there surroundings even with the costume hiding some one..

if you cant see a player coming at you with there name tag, who's going to see a big glowing bush coming at you with one?

Dyes. You are blended into desert with light yellow dyes.

That custom should NOT be dye-able.

Edited by Mynban

Posted

I don't believe it makes that significant of a difference. I wouldn't classify it as something unfair.

Posted

100% love the ghille suit. I'll get every costume and only ever wear this. My favorite. Must be out on launch.

Dyes. You are blended into desert with light yellow dyes.

That custom should NOT be dye-able.

doesn't the desert camo have the same passive?

Posted

The desert camo lessen the penalties of the desert.

Posted

100% love the ghille suit. I'll get every costume and only ever wear this. My favorite. Must be out on launch.

you dont get the heat debuff, what ever that is

Posted (edited)

The desert camo lessen the penalties of the desert.

yeah yeah KK. I need to find the cash shop build the ent suit was in so we can guestimate the release for NA.

EDIT: the ghille suit was released around march 2015 and launch was in late 2014. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's too long.4-5 months with no ghille will be painful. 

@catherine  sorry saw your post about the ent and assumed you were in favor of it. my bad. You can still get in game furniture that give you lots of xp buffs and grinding buffs. (no cash shop required) 

The thing is with the ent armor. It only works once. Once someone is looking for it you can't fool them

Edited by Thinker

Posted

Playing KR I never felt like players that used it had any unfair advantage that made it simply impossible to counter. I actually think it's kind of neat and will add another element to certain pvp encounters, it is afterall not always that difficult to escape momentarily and come back knowing what to expect. 

Posted

Love that people can hide with it. Makes the world just that more exciting.

4 people like this

Posted

I'm surprised really that there's plenty of people whining about the very small bonuses like 10% experience given by the cash shop costumes but almost everyone seems fine with the Ents costume? I've barely seen anyone mention it so far.

For those that don't know, the 4 pieces set bonus will hide your tag permanently while wearing the costume; basically a permanent semi-stealth. There's a reason with so many people uses it in other versions of the game.. because it gives you a big advantage in PvP.

In the node wars we do on KR, it doesn't affect our pvp. We pay attention to the mini map a lot. Similar to how you would in a Moba. However when we first started using ghilli suits it did seem like it was more advantageous but now we don't think it matters really after using it and having it used against us. Thats just my guilds experience.

6 people like this

Posted

It's not OP, but it IS a nice bonus. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes it should be removed!

and hi catherine :3

Posted

If it gives an advantage, even a slight one in PvP the costume bonus should be removed. Costumes should be 100% cosmetic, or have things like 1-5% luck. 

Waiting to get yelled at by people who wanted to use it. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Presence gets removed, isn't this just your nameplate getting removed?  Not much of an advantage since you achieve the same thing by kneeling/crawling anyways.  If I remember right, it does hide you being a red criminal so that could be handy there.  If you have good eyes, should still be able to spot them with or without a nameplate anyways.

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted (edited)

a

Edited by Triq

Posted (edited)

Yes it should be removed!

and hi catherine :3

why?

In the node wars we do on KR, it doesn't affect our pvp. We pay attention to the mini map a lot. Similar to how you would in a Moba. However when we first started using ghilli suits it did seem like it was more advantageous but now we don't think it matters really after using it and having it used against us. Thats just my guilds experience.

You can turn your name tag off in the Game options too. So what does it matter? The suit just greys out your name. I think this is a troll post.

Edited by Tanky

Posted

If it gives an advantage, even a slight one in PvP the costume bonus should be removed. Costumes should be 100% cosmetic, or have things like 1-5% luck. 

Hidden Content

This is tough. There are so many non cash shop items you can get that  give you better buffs. Why worry something so simple with a nice mechanic that makes things more interesting.

Posted

What makes it OP isn't the fact you're visually harder to see while wearing it, it's the hiding all ID part. If you're wearing it you won't ever be punished outside of in game mechanics. Can't add the player to your KoS list and you don't know which guild they're in. Somebody could be griefing you for days and you'd never know who it was or who they're affiliated with, if anyone. 

1 person likes this

Posted

What makes it OP isn't the fact you're visually harder to see while wearing it, it's the hiding all ID part. If you're wearing it you won't ever be punished outside of in game mechanics. Can't add the player to your KoS list and you don't know which guild they're in. Somebody could be griefing you for days and you'd never know who it was or who they're affiliated with, if anyone. 

When someone wears this suit and kills you, what does the system message say about who just killed you? 

Posted

Dude this is a troll post. You can turn your name completely off in Settings under Game Options.

Posted (edited)

This is tough. There are so many non cash shop items you can get that  give you better buffs. Why worry something so simple with a nice mechanic that makes things more interesting.

I don't want it removed, just from the cash shop. If they made it into an accessory, or even added it as a set bonus to future or preexisting sets then it would fine. People can't claim I'm taking away their precious skill, but they'll have to work for it. 

Dude this is a troll post. You can turn your name completely off in Settings under Game Options.

You can't turn your own name off for other people though. 

Edited by SammySJ

Posted

No one is going to pk you for days just because of the ent armor. Once you know there is someone around wearing it you will notice it. Its not hard to spot.

Also

When someone wears this suit and kills you, what does the system message say about who just killed you? 

good call out

1 person likes this

Posted

l always thought it was turn off ONLY on your screen as an Ul option?