• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ents costume and PvP

209 posts in this topic

Posted

Given Daum's current direction of keeping costume non tradable and cash shop exclusive, I don't believe we should get this outfit or, if we do, it should have it's effect changed

Posted

the WoW formula doesn't work for this game tho. do you not understand that?WoW gives you the option, because it can.
If BDO gives you such an option, they'll lose on revenue that they have to live from, pay their employees, pay their servers, pay PA, and so on.
costumes are luxury items, they are not supposed to be thrown around at any and every player.
adding them to the mileage is like giving out items for free that are supposed to keep this game going.
why is this so hard to understand?
you playing many alts doesn't change the fact.if you want luxury items, i'm sure you're ready to pay for them.if not, you'll be fine without them aswell.

i'm sure Daum will add more stuff to the mileage shop, maybe even costumes once they've been around for a while.
but wanting mileage to be some sort of alternative cash shop is absolutely out of question.

she said that it was and example not like a formula going to be used 
i don't even see why every one complaining i don't think any one know's what a pay to win game is, you guys should look at blade and soul they got ----- up servers and the only way you can play is buy the premium account because of the huge ass que's i played black desert Korean version and i seen this suit in action and it not even pay to win the black desert community is cancer already screaming pay to win and 90% of people on here never played it, let the game release then make your decision don't cut throat the game that didn't release yet.

Posted

I've always wondered... whats the recovery % buff? Recovery of what?

dont even know..I need to look into it.

some reason it kept posting with my post even tho i didnt put it there. i put it there from another forum post.... its being very strange.

Posted

I'm all for the interesting passives on costumes and personally would like to see more costumes like the ent, fish and desert costume.  If the passives were removed id buy one costume for cosmetic reasons and that would be that unless they came out with another that was better in my opinion (probably have to spend time developing lots of costumes instead of actual content). The problem with this is if a lot of people only buy one costume and they are done the revenue required to run the game won't be filled (not saying most would only buy one costume just that I personally would only buy one and if I would only buy one then there are others that would only get one too). Then the costumes and cosmetics become sellable on the auction house to make up for lack of sales and we get real pay to win where I could sell 70m silver costumes and buy +18 weapons and III ogre neck and shite, and one shot people. 

Posted

lol, people saying that the only way for Daum to make money is P2W. How about instead they just concentrate on making a good game?

If the game was so crappy that the only reason people would play or buy costumes is for cash shop advantage the game is doomed from the beginning.

If the game is good people will buy the costumes whether or not they have some extra stats or abilities.

Posted (edited)

I personally won't buy more than one cosmetic costume for my one main char but if they have interesting effects that aren't game breaking I see no need to remove said items when they present clear incentive to get more than one costume for a passive that in all accounts and actual game play equals nothing more than a convenience item.  

I would buy multiple costumes for interesting effects.

Edited by Redeyes
clarity

Posted

This is the most carebear post i've ever read. lmao

Posted

This is the most carebear post i've ever read. lmao

Agreed. I have name plates off by default (also causes less clutter). Its called situational and map awareness, or you know, actually looking at the screen rather than the text.

Posted

Locked by OP request.