• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Giving up for now?

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Is anyone else giving up now that they put awakenings off by 3 months at the very earliest?

I am almost level 57 and pretty decently geared (121/200) but the pvp for warrior is so heavily effected by desync and sitting behind your shield (boring) that I just don't feel like playing anymore. Now they are releasing things that were designed with awakenings in mind and I am under the impression that at 16+ DP starts scaling shit and AP outshines it in most ways so our shield will be pretty shit even against equally geared opponents? IDK what to do, I have lost the will to log in and it sorta feels good but the downside is that I will most def fall behind in gear and money if I wait until awakenings so I feel like I am on a shitty boring hamster wheel of bad game design and completely unbalanced pvp with the worst servers I have ever played on in all of my years of playing MMOs tacked onto it.

I really like this game so this thread isn't WAHHH I QUIT. I want to play, it can be great fun but between the completely unbalanced pvp and pve, the rng hamster wheel I would like to get off and the extremely shitty choices that Daum has made for this version IDK if I can keep this slog up anymore without having fun combat wise.

2 people like this

Posted

yeah it really is kind of depressing, specially because , even if your a top dog (level 56-57) in 3 months with valencia out for a while etc... if you quit now and come back when awakeing does get released , you'll be so far behind that it'd take a while to catch up anyways.

Posted

I'm done too. I have like 132 AP and 187 DP and I switch my gear to get to 205 DP when needed. My shield melts and my 2400 HP vanishes in seconds when engaged by high AP ranged classes. I don't mind the grind or the RNG and I accept that a lot of thing in this game are "git gud" oriented. But this class is just stupid for now.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm done too. I have like 132 AP and 187 DP and I switch my gear to get to 205 DP when needed. My shield melts and my 2400 HP vanishes in seconds when engaged by high AP ranged classes. I don't mind the grind or the RNG and I accept that a lot of thing in this game are "git gud" oriented. But this class is just stupid for now.

Thats why i switched to DP build . 187 on warrior is MEH.

Posted

Yes I agree. But how much DP in considered adequate considering I have read here that after 190 DP scales badly? And some resident warriors here have stated that going from 200 to 220 DP is not saving them from getting shredded by high AP. I can switch my gear towards more DP I just don't see the point when AP is much more superior. 

Posted

Yes I agree. But how much DP in considered adequate considering I have read here that after 190 DP scales badly? And some resident warriors here have stated that going from 200 to 220 DP is not saving them from getting shredded by high AP. I can switch my gear towards more DP I just don't see the point when AP is much more superior. 

If you get your gear to Ultimate (yellow grade) you're pretty much guaranteed to have over 190 DP with vangertz. 

Posted

I feel lot of difference between 180-190-220. Even with all green. But im using Kite. 

I can hold 150+ AP classes with Kite and finish them even if it takes some time but with vangertz is much harder, maybe its my playstyle. Im patient waiting on my chances to grab/stun .

Posted

I feel lot of difference between 180-190-220. Even with all green. But im using Kite. 

I can hold 150+ AP classes with Kite and finish them even if it takes some time but with vangertz is much harder, maybe its my playstyle. Im patient waiting on my chances to grab/stun .

Alright well that's good to know. 

Posted

yeah past 200 DP it's a world of a difference.  Also Krea or Kite shield are great options for instigater heavy DP builds.  With 226 DP, and gearing for evasion myself, it's a world of a difference in survivability.  Personally I don't feel like DR scales as well as evasion does.  From my testing so far, I've had the best survivability with a Krea shield vs Kite, vangertz.

and yep it's all a waiting game and waiting for that opening and keeping your targets attention so your group can melt them.  You make it so they HAVE to run from you or else be CCed and debugged to high hell.  Thus taking away their dps and ability to fight.

Posted

My DP set ...

GvG_Gear.thumb.jpg.64c2ce98afdbc14817489

I can almost tank a high dps ranger if i use pots ... he needs 4-5 or more attacks to burn through my shield and just 1-2 rolls can refill half of it etc ... Black spirit gem on the kite shield ... If you use KITE you need acc from the accessories ...

Posted

I struggle with the decision of what to do on my warrior every day. I love the class but the news of waiting for 3 months for awakening is a bit much for me. I dont want to do all of Valencia as sword and board. 

Posted

I struggle with the decision of what to do on my warrior every day. I love the class but the news of waiting for 3 months for awakening is a bit much for me. I dont want to do all of Valencia as sword and board. 

Yeah, it wouldn't bother me as much if Sword and Shield wasn't so one-dimensional.  Putting aside how good it's supposed the be, the greatsword just looked more fun.  Rolling around, waiting for Scars of Dusk to come off cooldown because no other attack aside from Spinning Slash is worth a shit gets old fast (speaking purely about PvE here, I know PvP is a different story).  I wish they'd at least rebalance the moves so there's not so much dead weight in there but I doubt that's gonna happen and I don't think I can stomach leaning so hard on 1 or 2 moves for 6-8 months.  

I don't plan on quitting the game, but I might retire my warrior.  

Posted

You guys should know that DP is a mix of damage reduction and evasion. So if you have Vangertz you gotta subtract it out since its all evasion DP.  The DP to fractionalize dmg is damage reduction given from the kite shield. 

Posted

Yeah, it wouldn't bother me as much if Sword and Shield wasn't so one-dimensional.  Putting aside how good it's supposed the be, the greatsword just looked more fun.  Rolling around, waiting for Scars of Dusk to come off cooldown because no other attack aside from Spinning Slash is worth a shit gets old fast (speaking purely about PvE here, I know PvP is a different story).  I wish they'd at least rebalance the moves so there's not so much dead weight in there but I doubt that's gonna happen and I don't think I can stomach leaning so hard on 1 or 2 moves for 6-8 months.  

I don't plan on quitting the game, but I might retire my warrior.  

I hit 55 on my warrior and retired him for now. Rolling a giant that's currently 52. Must say that im enjoying him so far. Can notice a huge difference in how fast he grinds compared to my warrior which is sad considering im only 52. My gear isn't maxed but leveling a giant lets me learn another classes play style while continuing to upgrade my gear that is used for both classes (grunil)

If your thinking on retiring your warrior until awakening etc then it might be a good idea to enjoy another class. Its refreshing.

Goodluck

1 person likes this

Posted

Never giving up, never gonna let him go!

Posted

Some of the attitudes in this thread make more sense than other chats. If you're bored with Warrior, a giant is super strong for in your face attacking as a melee class. Having two characters is usually a good idea in this game anyway as your contribution will be higher overall.

Posted

If your thinking on retiring your warrior until awakening etc then it might be a good idea to enjoy another class. Its refreshing.

Goodluck

Thinking about giving the Berserker another shot myself.  I have a lvl 30 one sitting around myself since I actually made a Berserker first, but I decided to put off leveling him since I wanted a greatsword (even though the Berserker awakening looks badass too).  If that's not going to happen any time soon, I might as well dust him off.  

Posted

Thinking about giving the Berserker another shot myself.  I have a lvl 30 one sitting around myself since I actually made a Berserker first, but I decided to put off leveling him since I wanted a greatsword (even though the Berserker awakening looks badass too).  If that's not going to happen any time soon, I might as well dust him off.  

the only problem with zerk is that it has the same kind of problems as warrior , slow pve clear time , and same issues in pvp.

Posted

the only problem with zerk is that it has the same kind of problems as warrior , slow pve clear time , and same issues in pvp.

Compared to some other classes yes. My warrior was and is fun to play but I find my giant can clear faster than my warrior so its a step in the right direction. Plus I don't care so much about how fast or op other classes are. My goals are to know my class inside & out and be the best that I can be with my class.

Warrior & this giant are my play style.

Love your class and forget about the flavor of the month/months

Posted

Warrior has absolutely no super armor with Sword and Board beyond charging thrust, upper shield strike, and scars of dusk; of which none are essential to pvp dps, so our burst leaves us exposed in GvG's and Red Battlefield.

Sadly reliable burst  and super armor comes with the great sword, and the burst Warrior has now is really hampered in group fights: counter+force slash, spinning slash, ground smash. I suggest taking a break and biting the bullet of playing catch up if you're disenchanted or stick it out until awakenings.

Posted

Compared to some other classes yes. My warrior was and is fun to play but I find my giant can clear faster than my warrior so its a step in the right direction. Plus I don't care so much about how fast or op other classes are. My goals are to know my class inside & out and be the best that I can be with my class.

Warrior & this giant are my play style.

Love your class and forget about the flavor of the month/months

early on kill speed can be nice on a zerk with the spin , but once you get into mediah mobs etc.. zerk clear speed starts to show how slow it is (people have shown tests with very good gear showing that zerks do kill slower than warriors but both are like half the speed of rangers)

Warrior has absolutely no super armor with Sword and Board beyond charging thrust, upper shield strike, and scars of dusk; of which none are essential to pvp dps, so our burst leaves us exposed in GvG's and Red Battlefield.

Sadly reliable burst  and super armor comes with the great sword, and the burst Warrior has now is really hampered in group fights: counter+force slash, spinning slash, ground smash. I suggest taking a break and biting the bullet of playing catch up if you're disenchanted or stick it out until awakenings.

p.s. those skills are not super armor , super armor (to the best of my knowledge) blocks you from all cc but not damage , those skills apply the block (block bar still takes damage when those skills are used and you take a hit)

Posted

early on kill speed can be nice on a zerk with the spin , but once you get into mediah mobs etc.. zerk clear speed starts to show how slow it is (people have shown tests with very good gear showing that zerks do kill slower than warriors but both are like half the speed of rangers)

p.s. those skills are not super armor , super armor (to the best of my knowledge) blocks you from all cc but not damage , those skills apply the block (block bar still takes damage when those skills are used and you take a hit)

Im on Mediah mobs and that's what I mean that I clear them faster already with my 52 giant than with my 55 warrior. Im no professional giant player but what I find works is this.

If I see a pack of mobs I lava piercer to them to close gap and instantly headbutt them for that free accuracy % then F.D for the free AP buff. At this time the mobs have all focused on me and are about to throw/land there first swing but I jump directly over/behind them into my spin. Some are knocked down but all will suffer back attack damage which is way more than frontal. So as im in the back spinning I start to rotate to the other side etc. Basically keep an eye on there swing and just plan to be on the back side of them as they are mid swing.

Can mow down large packs of helms, rogues, manes in seconds by making sure Im hitting the backs of them. Once the first spin is done you have like 3 or 4 seconds until the next spin so during this time I repeat headbutt & F.D for the buffs and finish off the rangers etc. Get them in a big ball and mow the lawn.

Also at 51 I helped the guild at sausans for some pvp and decided to see how badly I would be against sausans. I was very surprised that even there my damage was good.

We are slower than some other classes but Im happy with how giant's pve is.

Typed this out before my first cup of coffee so hope I made sense because im not rereading this pile to fix my grammar :-)

Posted

Im on Mediah mobs and that's what I mean that I clear them faster already with my 52 giant than with my 55 warrior. Im no professional giant player but what I find works is this.

If I see a pack of mobs I lava piercer to them to close gap and instantly headbutt them for that free accuracy % then F.D for the free AP buff. At this time the mobs have all focused on me and are about to throw/land there first swing but I jump directly over/behind them into my spin. Some are knocked down but all will suffer back attack damage which is way more than frontal. So as im in the back spinning I start to rotate to the other side etc. Basically keep an eye on there swing and just plan to be on the back side of them as they are mid swing.

Can mow down large packs of helms, rogues, manes in seconds by making sure Im hitting the backs of them. Once the first spin is done you have like 3 or 4 seconds until the next spin so during this time I repeat headbutt & F.D for the buffs and finish off the rangers etc. Get them in a big ball and mow the lawn.

Also at 51 I helped the guild at sausans for some pvp and decided to see how badly I would be against sausans. I was very surprised that even there my damage was good.

We are slower than some other classes but Im happy with how giant's pve is.

Typed this out before my first cup of coffee so hope I made sense because im not rereading this pile to fix my grammar :-)

im just saying a highly geared giant vs a highly geared warrior , warriors clear a tad faster. but both are on the slow end.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0