• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse exp gain since 1st June patch

77 posts in this topic

Posted

You got 900 per tick before the patch? what are you wearing? Because I'm wearing the Cash Shop costume and a +2 trainer costume and my tick was and still is 715. Nothing has changed for me.

I agree I got around 700 too before patch (with cash shop costume n costume for hitting prof trainer) only time I got around 1k is when the exp gain was messed up durning night
Didnt really check if ticks take longer to happen now though...once my game stops crashing durning night I can check if I get same amount of exp x'))

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi,

I've asked our QA to check the "Horse XP tick system" more precisely to see if something is wrong. :) 

19 people like this

Posted (edited)

Pre patch I was at 722, 714, 714 every 17-22 seconds. I have a +2 tunic and pearlshop, I'm a solo rider with +7 horseshoes, I haven't calculated anything post-patch, but yesterday when I started an auto run for a 30 minute afk (making sure I wasn't going to get snagged) I noticed the exp wasn't ticking but twice in a turn. However I was doing a short span and didn't pay much mind since it was in that small stretch of the safe zone in tarif.

I'll edit this after the maintenance to see if I notice a change too.

And TY Tytyes :)

Edit: My experience is still steady average 19 seconds, 714 per tick

Edited by Harmoni
Update

Posted

i'm happy to find out that the feeling was right, my horses are slower to lvup.

i have some cash i want to put in game, and each day , i discover something that tell to me, DON'T put ur money in here, it's not rewarding at all, i really want to buy stuff from cash shop to increase my horses stable and some other stuff, but seing how the things goes, i have zero confidence in the publisher/programmer , i'm waiting for a big moves from them and hope they will do good, like naming and shaming the hacker/bot. 

Posted

I thought it was just me I put a tier 4 on my wagon and its taking forever for her to level. I dont usually pay attention to the xp tics and such I just knew my horses were taking longer as the merchant wagon stamina was going down the horses were not going up in level like before. It also seems one horse gets more xp maybe than the other? My one tier 6 male just sat at the same xp amount while the others were moving noticeably he was not at all, his eventually moved but it seemed slower than the others.

Posted

To be honest I do remember checking on my horses after work for a few days and thinking, "That's ALL they got?"  ... but I thought it was just me.  However, I have no hard data to back this up, just another voice to add that it definitely feels slower than pre-patch.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You got 900 per tick before the patch? what are you wearing? Because I'm wearing the Cash Shop costume and a +2 trainer costume and my tick was and still is 715. Nothing has changed for me.

+3 trainer, and cash shop, pro 2 on the char I used. 900 might be exaggerating a little, but got around 850ish. I just remember it being around 900, didn't do any special studies, was just looking at it out of boredom when I lvld my first T7. And it seems alot lower now, at 695

Who knows, I might be wrong, but last time it took me 3 days to level a T7 up to 30, now its been significantly longer.

Edited by Someone
1 person likes this

Posted

Our QA checked after today's maintenance and it looked like it was working as intended. If you still see an issue please try to give as much details as possible regarding if it's related to the EXP per tick, the time between tick, etc. So they can try one feature specifically. 

Posted (edited)

Before patch (Training Lvl Profi 4 or maybe 5):

test.thumb.PNG.0d72bd1b651844e3de07c76ce

Today (Training Lvl Profi 9):

After.thumb.PNG.5803fa2ad25447964e151b6f

+3 trainer, and cash shop, pro 2 on the char I used. 900 might be exaggerating a little, but got around 850ish. I just remember it being around 900, didn't do any special studies, was just looking at it out of boredom when I lvld my first T7. And it seems alot lower now, at 695

Who knows, I might be wrong, but last time it took me 3 days to level a T7 up to 30, now its been significantly longer.

I don't see much of a difference. 800+ per tick sounds pretty much to me even with a +3 costume but your exp per tick shouldn't be below mine since you got +5% more exp boost with the +3 costume.

Edited by Lirr

Posted

i have stopped spending cash in the cash shop for resets because of this. Everysince the last patch i am consistantly getting T5 foals from my max level T6 breedings and my T6/T5 breedings. i have yet to get a T7 but i could live with that if it weren't for the fact i keep getting T5s. To top it off it's taking so much longer to level the horses suddenly.... i'm about to throw in my Black Desert Towel.

1 person likes this

Posted

My issue is that I seem to be kicked from the server about an hour after I start AFK-anything, so I've not leveled horses enough in the last week to actually notice that.  Very annoying.  But I will have a closer look this evening when I'm at home.

Posted

Isn't it obvious they slowed horse xp down to incentivize you to buy the cash shop outfit?

Posted (edited)

Well my guess as to what is happening is desync (or whatever term) and not counting the tick

My combat horse died 7 times yesterday and zero times was he dying in combat on MY screen, i would be halfway across the map and get the horse getting damaged messages and he would die

So maybe same thing happening with the ticks... you are desyncing from the server and missing the tick

Edited by coach
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I also felt like horse training was slow, but thought maybe it was me/moving up in horse tier.

Since the June 1 patch day my client decides to freeze and crash at random.  Not often, but at least twice a day.  I had a brand new SSD laying around so I installed it on my PC and put a fresh BDO install on it, and it's still doing it (for those wondering, no, the SSD did not solve the pop-in problem this game has.  My processor is OC to 4.7GHz with memory clocked at 2133 so I'm pretty sure there's nothing you can do about it).  When I AFK it's guaranteed that I am going to come back to my blank desktop.  Between that and ultra slow horse exp, it seems like training my own is just a bad idea.  The time I waste doing this I could afk fish and buy a horse on market with tons of silver to spare.  Only problem with that is, hardcore horse trainers are also suffering this slow leveling so no one has any extra horses to go around.  It's a vicious cycle, but I feel bad for horse trainers because it's just a huge effort and seldom much reward.  Even if you get a T7, you could very well get unlucky with skills,  My T6 is level 20 already and only has 5 (all bad) skills.

Edited by Starsea

Posted (edited)

Here a little report, i timed my horse and looks like sometime i lose a tick-exp. The autopath was in Heidel, Jordine VeliaJ1

01_tick_horse_exp_bdo_20160609.PNG

02_tick_horse_exp_bdo_20160609.PNG

Edited by Ylod
added server and channel
1 person likes this

Posted

There is no change for me. With +3 trainer's clothes + costume a tier 4 horse solo was getting 735 exp and on wagon 513, same it gets now.

Posted

Well my guess as to what is happening is desync (or whatever term) and not counting the tick

My combat horse died 7 times yesterday and zero times was he dying in combat on MY screen, i would be halfway across the map and get the horse getting damaged messages and he would die

So maybe same thing happening with the ticks... you are desyncing from the server and missing the tick

@CM_Tytyes He might be on to something here!

Seeing this post quoted below, it seems the server is missing ticks

Here a little report, i timed my horse and looks like sometime i lose a tick-exp. The autopath was in Heidel, Jordine VeliaJ1

01_tick_horse_exp_bdo_20160609.PNG

02_tick_horse_exp_bdo_20160609.PNG

Posted

Thanks guys, exactly the kind of details I needed, it's been passed to the QA team for investigation. 

2 people like this

Posted

@CM_Tytyes not to borrow a thread for a purpose it wasn't intended, but any chance the cm's can take a look at the suggestion section? seems like most of the threads there have been ignored.

Posted (edited)

exp is based on distance right? thats why if you get stucked to a wall you dont gain exp. so my question is  if you use drift+ insta accel are yuo getting exp faster ? 

Edited by SUNWADEX

Posted

exp is based on distance right? thats why if you get stucked to a wall you dont gain exp. so my question is  if you use drift+ insta accel are yuo getting exp faster ? 

Yes, experience is based on distance traveled. The faster your horse, the more XP you'll get (if all other variables are constant, of course).

Posted

Our QA checked after today's maintenance and it looked like it was working as intended. If you still see an issue please try to give as much details as possible regarding if it's related to the EXP per tick, the time between tick, etc. So they can try one feature specifically. 

It has been reduced 30-50% unevenly. If your "QA" says it is wai then they are either ignorant or incompetent. Or maybe just lying, along the line "we wont have P2W in B2P BDO". But horse breeding is obviously just a gimmick to milk money out of cash shop anyway, so I am not surprised. Take a month to level up T6s now, without all the CS gadgets, just to get T5 or another T6 with 9 worthless skills. Your game is a disgrace.

4 people like this

Posted

my ticks were and still are 650ish

Hello,

I'm not on the leaderboards for horse training, however I'm one of those people who goes AFK for 10 hours at a time with 4 horses attached to a merchant wagon. I use a +6 merchant wheel, wear a riding outfit and a +1 trainers tunic.

I've noticed that since the last patch, my horses are levelling *much* slower than they have in the past. For example, I've been AFK running two T4's around (+2 others) for approximately 25 hours now and only gone from lvl 3 to 19. From my experience since looping was put in, they should be 30 by now.

Has anyone else noticed their horses are not levelling anywhere near as fast? Is this a bug from the addition of the new T7's?

Thanks.

Even while soloriding, you would hardly hit 30 in 25 hours with a T4

Posted

Btw. Kurz vorm schlafen gehen ist mir noch das mit den Ticks eingefallen.

Jetzt habe ich auch mal mitgestoppt mit dem Handy:

TickMerch.thumb.PNG.707c0a4b30904e5c957b

Habs jetzt nur schnell in Onenote zusammengerückt. Somit ist es leider von "unten" weg. Aber man erkennt das jeder 6. Tick doppelt so lange braucht. Bin schon müde darum werde ich den Test morgen abend länger wiederholen mit ausgeschlafenen Augen :D. Wenn sich das bestätigt mach ich dbzgl. auch mal ein Ticket auf B|.

Übrigens ist das natürlich am 4er-Wagen weil ich nur ~416 pro Tick (+2 Trainer Keidung) bekomme.

Zusatzinfo: Ist ein Merchant Wagon mit +7 Rad

Another person recorded their ticks. Again with delay.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks guys, exactly the kind of details I needed, it's been passed to the QA team for investigation. 

Now the result with a longer Test. It is allways the 6th Tick with a delay:

LapLap timeInterims
100∶00∶21,0400∶00∶21,04
200∶00∶22,4100∶00∶43,46
300∶00∶22,6300∶01∶06,09
400∶00∶45,6700∶01∶51,76
500∶00∶20,0400∶02∶11,80
600∶00∶22,2700∶02∶34,08
700∶00∶21,7000∶02∶55,78
800∶00∶22,9700∶03∶18,76
900∶00∶21,1600∶03∶39,93
1000∶00∶43,8800∶04∶23,81
1100∶00∶23,1800∶04∶47,00
1200∶00∶22,0600∶05∶09,06
1300∶00∶20,7100∶05∶29,78
1400∶00∶23,0300∶05∶52,81
1500∶00∶21,7200∶06∶14,54
1600∶00∶44,7900∶06∶59,34
1700∶00∶21,1100∶07∶20,46
1800∶00∶23,1600∶07∶43,62
1900∶00∶21,8800∶08∶05,51
2000∶00∶23,4700∶08∶28,98
2100∶00∶21,3900∶08∶50,38
2200∶00∶43,4500∶09∶33,83
2300∶00∶23,0400∶09∶56,87
2400∶00∶22,2200∶10∶19,09
2500∶00∶20,6200∶10∶39,72
2600∶00∶23,0000∶11∶02,73
2700∶00∶22,4200∶11∶25,15
2800∶00∶45,9600∶12∶11,12
2900∶00∶23,9900∶12∶35,11
3000∶00∶19,7800∶12∶54,89
3100∶00∶23,0500∶13∶17,95
3200∶00∶25,7600∶13∶43,71

Merchant Wagon with +7 Wheel, Trainer Clothes +2.

Croxus - Valencia C1

What says the QA Team? Can they reproduce this Horse-XP delay?

1 person likes this