• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Character Creation Event: Beauty and the Beast! - Updated

232 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Update
Character Creation Event: Beauty Contest!

Phase two just started and this time we are looking for beauty:
https://www.blackdesertonline.com/events/ccm/ShowEvent.html

• Start: February 5th 8:00 am UTC / 12:00 am PST / 2:00 am CST / 3:00 am EST
  • End: February 15th 8:00 am UTC / 12:00 am PST / 2:00 am CST / 3:00 am EST

---------------------------------------------------------------

Original post:

Greetings,

Many of you have already downloaded the Black Desert Character Creator and started working on your creations, now we would like to invite you to share your work with us for the chance to win some prizes!  For this event users need to submit the ugliest characters they can create, below we have provided a link to submissions page.

Duration

• Start: January 26th 8:00 am UTC / 12:00 am PST / 2:00 am CST / 3:00 am EST
  • End: February 5th 8:00 am UTC / 12:00 am PST / 2:00 am CST / 3:00 am EST

Character Creation Event: The Beast!

Rules

• Download the Character Creator, create a character of your liking according to the event's theme.
  • Upload a screenshot and the customization file via the "Enter the Event" button here.
  • For the event "The Beast" your character has to look as ugly as possible.
  • After the event has ended, all winners will be picked randomly and announced on our website.
  • All winners will be additionally informed via registered email.
  • If the event winner violates any of the terms and conditions, he or she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize in such case, we reserve the right, grant the prize to another entrant as potential winner.
  • Terms and conditions can be found here.
Edited by CM_Praballo
update
27 people like this

Posted

noiiice

Posted

Submit my file, may the Force be with me.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeahhh :P

Good luck everyone and thanks to our team for this event ;) 

Posted

gl all :D

Posted

Yay, something to do when I get home :) already got my Beast just need to submit

Posted

Done and dusted :3

Posted

I could have made an ugly character but I decided to put a twist to the competition hope you guys like it

Posted

I think it would be a good idea to allow us to change the appearance of the characters we currently made with out going to a new character slot considering the game isn't out yet but also have that same option as well if we made more then just one character class after the game comes out then that would be fine once you make your character that's the end of that no give backs (=

Posted (edited)

• After the event has ended, all winners will be picked randomly and announced on our website.

If the winners are picked randomly what's the point of even trying?o.O

Read terms of service "For each contest, the winners will be randomly drawn from all the participants who uploaded a picture matching the contest’s rules." I am guessing this means a winner is picked randomly, then the devs make sure it complies to the contest theme before announcing a winner?

Edited by Z.chu

Posted (edited)

If the winners are picked randomly what's the point of even trying?o.O

Maybe, because it is a matter of taste, which makes it to much open to debate ;)

Edit: Also, huge tnx to Daum for keeping us entertained while we wait...

Edited by Arrahed
2 people like this

Posted

Maybe, because it is a matter of taste, which makes it to much open to debate ;)

How can it be a matter of taste if its random? Wouldn't that mean you could submit any kind of character (not even an ugly one) and have the same chance at winning as someone that worked days on a hideous creation?

Posted

How can it be a matter of taste if its random? Wouldn't that mean you could submit any kind of character (not even an ugly one) and have the same chance at winning as someone that worked days on a hideous creation?

I dont think someone would work days on making a hideous creation unless they were doing it for fun. its only a fun event mate, not to be taken seriously.

Posted

OMG the entries i can see are making me chuckle xD

Good luck all.

1 person likes this

Posted

posted mine as well :P don't have high hopes for ''it'' but hey participation prize at least 

Posted

Nice! but randomly? so the one who literally can just post their normal character creation without any edit and win top 1?

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice! but randomly? so the one who literally can just post their normal character creation without any edit and win top 1?

That's what i was wondering. It seems kind of pointless. O.o

Posted

All winners will be picked randomly.

Seriously ?

Posted

WOOOOOOO time to get U.G.L.Y!!!

Posted

It's possible there picking the best ones and putting them into a pot, then picking randomly from that pot.  Gotta admit though, I would hate to be a judge on this events panel..... scarred for life...

1 person likes this

Posted

"A single person can only win one contest." What is clarified as a win? 1st place only or 2nd and 3rd as well?

That wouldn't be a beast and therefore wouldn't qualify as an entry.

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont think someone would work days on making a hideous creation unless they were doing it for fun. its only a fun event mate, not to be taken seriously.

$50 in pearls not to be taken serious? Cmon...

That wouldn't be a beast and therefore wouldn't qualify as an entry.

They don't specify any specific creation in regards to being randomly selectes. I wholeheartedly agree it's dumb because a person who entered just a base creation with no "beast" features can essentially win. Correct me if I'm wrong @CM_Jouska?

Posted

Submitted! I put a little twist on mine by making only one side of her face monstrous ^u^

Posted

im damn happy =D gl and hf all !

Posted

So lets go :)

stock-vector-lets-go-113388922.jpg