• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Character Creation Event: Beauty and the Beast! - Updated

232 posts in this topic

Posted

GG
2016-01-19_83498943.thumb.JPG.1574d6e266

Posted (edited)

The customization file is your character file, I.E. User/Black Desert/CC/CustomizationFile while the other option is for your screenshot.

I have been trying to submit something for 3 days and cannot figure out this customization file. nothing pulls in and no start search under user/black even comes up. Could having this app on something other than a C drive result in this issue? created photos but about ready to give up as submitting is impossible for me. help?

edit: holy crap- I might have found it. had to change address after clicking on the appropriate download button to switch back and forth from screenshot to customization for last word of addy that was pulling in? 

Edited by realistic1

Posted

so whats gonna happen if there isnt a fix for the stopped working issue i would really like to enter this but i cant even put in a kr character

Posted

I guess my idea of a beast is different then everyone else doing zombie type stuff....

mQdLrag.thumb.jpg.cd7c27a705bc9b6646a15a26DnSpc.thumb.jpg.990a6178f72cfcc4fd1b1e

Posted

I guess my idea of a beast is different then everyone else doing zombie type stuff....

mQdLrag.thumb.jpg.cd7c27a705bc9b6646a15a26DnSpc.thumb.jpg.990a6178f72cfcc4fd1b1e

He looks Fabulous! 

1 person likes this

Posted

it wont let me enter the contest tells me to enter a valid file and i am using the files from bdo

Posted

hi, i am planning to participate to the event, but i am also planning to use this mod to take my time and create my BDO character , so my question is pretty simple, is there a way to import my creation from this tool to the game when it will be released ? like a file to copy paste ?

Posted

hi, i am planning to participate to the event, but i am also planning to use this mod to take my time and create my BDO character , so my question is pretty simple, is there a way to import my creation from this tool to the game when it will be released ? like a file to copy paste ?

Hi funerium, yes, you should be able to import your file for your char once the game is released. There is a save button in the creator, my saves defaults to Documents > Black Desert > Customization. Note that it might be different for you, but once you save it, the creator will tell you where it saved the file to. Hope this helps.

Posted

Uploaded :3

Posted

Greetings,

Many of you have already downloaded the Black Desert Character Creator and started working on your creations, now we would like to invite you to share your work with us for the chance to win some prizes!  For this event users need to submit the ugliest characters they can create, below we have provided a link to submissions page.

Duration

• Start: January 26th 8:00 am UTC / 12:00 am PST / 2:00 am CST / 3:00 am EST
  • End: February 5th 8:00 am UTC / 12:00 am PST / 2:00 am CST / 3:00 am EST

Character Creation Event: The Beast!

Rules

• Download the Character Creator, create a character of your liking according to the event's theme.
  • Upload a screenshot and the customization file via the "Enter the Event" button here.
  • For the event "The Beast" your character has to look as ugly as possible.
  • After the event has ended, all winners will be picked randomly and announced on our website.
  • All winners will be additionally informed via registered email.
  • If the event winner violates any of the terms and conditions, he or she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize in such case, we reserve the right, grant the prize to another entrant as potential winner.
  • Terms and conditions can be found here.

In the Terms and conditions is says...

YdEmqUR.jpg

I'm not natural, im man made. Do i lose already? :(

Posted

i keep trying to enter the event but it tells me to enter a vaild file and screen shot i use exactly from what it says to do.. but since i cant get it to work this is what i created :)

2016-01-24_20824453.JPG

Posted

i keep trying to enter the event but it tells me to enter a vaild file and screen shot i use exactly from what it says to do.. but since i cant get it to work this is what i created :)

2016-01-24_20824453.JPG

10/10 Absolutely gorgeous.

1 person likes this

Posted

^^^ someone is a sourpuss and has no taste for trying to be creative while passing the time till the game goes second beta then live

Posted

Because many entries, Daum will select all Beasts they like (in design of in creepyness) and then run rand() to pick some winners out the selected photos.

It's way too hard to judge each photo. There are at least 300 pages creations made (more then 3000 pictures). But not all are Beasts. A few pictures are for Beauty posted.

Some pictures looks similar to other pictures, they will possible ignored because not very unique look.

Well, i did also posted mine, more funny Beast, but whatever. Most are funny or creepy. Some are very good. Good luck al, and February 5th is still plenty time.

Posted

The character creator is terrible. All characters look pretty much the same so all of the customization is more or less pointless unless you want to spend hours playing with slide bars. Kind of ridiculous. 

Going to have to call you on this. You can modify the face shape in so many ways to create a unique looking character. Yes, it takes time. If you can't be bothered to spend time with it, then you will look like the many others who didn't want to play with the editor.

This is a problem on the user end. The creation tools are quite versatile for those who wish to make a more unique appearance. 

Posted

My beast that I submitted for the event :D

2494.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Going to have to call you on this. You can modify the face shape in so many ways to create a unique looking character. Yes, it takes time. If you can't be bothered to spend time with it, then you will look like the many others who didn't want to play with the editor.

This is a problem on the user end. The creation tools are quite versatile for those who wish to make a more unique appearance. 

>taking the bait

Posted

Where do bums like you come from? It's facebook or twitter, isn't it? Man, don't have anything to say just shut the hell up instead of being a complete moron and doing opposite of contribution to the topic.

:^)

Posted

why the heck there's still so many people entering the contest with perfectly normal / pretty characters??? ...

Posted

why the heck there's still so many people entering the contest with perfectly normal / pretty characters??? ...

It's fine, they just won't win

Posted

my monster :D

2016-02-01_26910624.JPG

6 people like this

Posted

2016-02-01_26910624.JPG

what the ..... wheres the face? LOL

1 person likes this

Posted

2016-02-01_26910624.JPG

perfect...just absolutely perfect....*sheds tear*

Posted

Hi funerium, yes, you should be able to import your file for your char once the game is released. There is a save button in the creator, my saves defaults to Documents > Black Desert > Customization. Note that it might be different for you, but once you save it, the creator will tell you where it saved the file to. Hope this helps.

good news, thanks

Posted

The character creator is terrible. All characters look pretty much the same so all of the customization is more or less pointless unless you want to spend hours playing with slide bars. Kind of ridiculous. 

GO PLAY FF14